A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

Hi Wisteria...

Wat CD r u at now?...sometimes...preg temp wil oni soar in the 4th week...cheer up...therez still hope as long as AF's not here...implantation dip oso dip mah...:p

Now Im takin those blackish med fm Thong Chai n Hb's takin powdered med fm EYS...dunno whether works or not...kekeke...

hi everyone,
I'm new here. Been reading all your postings on this thread which I found very enlightening and helpful...
I'm TTC too... Good luck to everyone. (it's our national service too...keke...
biggrin.gif
)

Hi Fizz: CD25...I feel internally chilly and the AF pangs...BAD SIGN...implantation dip occur at DPO #?
I'm also taking those EYS black medic to improve uterine lining supposedly...my hb taking cordeceps and other supps. Let's pray together!!!

zhuzhu:

What is a chemical pregnancy?
A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman's period was due but a miscarrige occured before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.

With the ultra sensitive pregnancy tests on the market today, it is easier than ever to get a positive result 3 or 4 days before your period is due. It is wonderful for those who NEED to know, but does have it's down side. Early testing shows chemical pregnancies which would not have been detected had the woman waited for her period to arrive.

Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately very common. 50 to 60% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage very early in pregnancy. Most occur without the woman even knowing that she was pregnant.

What Causes a Chemical Pregnancy?
Most chemical pregnancies are due to chromosomal problems in the developing fetus. Other possible causes are inadequate uterine lining, uterine abnormalities both congenital or acquired like fibroids, low hormone levels, luteal phase defect or certain infections.

How can I Prevent Chemical Pregnancies?
Most chemical pregnancies can not be prevented. If you have recurring chemical pregnancies, your doctor should be able to investigate and help you formulate a treatment which is best for you. Potential treatments include vitamin B6 (at least 50mg a day), progesterone cream, and baby asprin. Be sure to discuss potential treatments with your doctor.

I've talked to a few American women on the internet who were too eager to test 12dpo becos today's HPT are so sensitive that they can pick up the HcG. But oftentimes, it is misleading becos not necessarily will your uterus develop a thick enough lining or progesterone to sustain a pregnancy.

Hi Wisteria

I rem readin tat implantation dip wil occur 6 to 8 days DPO...mabbe the other galz can correct me if Im wrong...

Yup...letz pray together...

Hi Beautiful...

I tot u were at CD25 more than a wk ago???...wat happened???...did yr AF arrive???...n did u do any HPT???

Yah lor...Im worried tat an abnormal low pre-ovu BBT may not facilitate ovu leh...wil test wif OPK later in the wk...but anyway...I intend to jus chiong tis wk...hope my ovu doesnt oni come when Im due for my biz trip next mth...

wisteria.. keke :p good info u got..
happy.gif

gemini.. yes clomid only can be take once ur AF is here and only start from CD2 to CD6. wat i mean is that my gynae wanted me to start my metformin when my AF report, that will be supposely next tues or wed
happy.gif
feel like callin her to ask if i can take metformin earlier onot :p

hi fizz, you got good memory
happy.gif
i have irregular and long cycle, so AF will not be here so soon. my this cycle's bbt is horrible, seems like it's a declining chart sort of thing
sad.gif
i gave up already and conclude that i may not be ovulating this cycle. now waiting for AF to come so that i can ttc again
happy.gif

did you take clomid?
who is your gynae har? have you gone for any checks?

Hi Beautiful

Aiyo...y r u not zzzzzzzzz-in at 0200am...u dun nid to work???...my TCM chided me...said tat I muz hv at least 6 hrs of zzzzzz per nite...me oso an owl...wil oni zzzzzz past midnite...

Im not takin clomid now...but my gynae'd asked me to ret in Jan to induce ovu if I still dun ovu in Dec...sianzzz...pray tat I wil ovu tis mth lor...

My gynae's fm ESH...I did my pre-conceptn checkup in Jun...my cycle was regular then...

Fizz,
Thanks for your encouragement. Let's Jia You together!

Wisteria,
Based on Fertility Friend, implantation is supposed to be from 7dpo to 10dpo. But there is also a possibility that implantation may occur slightly earlier (6dpo) or later (11 to 12 dpo)

I also went to see EYS too. she looked at my BBT chart and says nothing's wrong. Just gave me some black powdered medicine to 'bu' my body. Now finished the medicine liao but din go back. Both TCM doc n gynae just advise me to relax. One confusing thing is that TCM doc told me to take BBT but gynae says don't take. I'm not taking at the current moment. Just relax for these 2 months 1st lor.

it's been quite a while that i last came into this thread. already back from shanghai after several BD with hubby
happy.gif
although the ovulation kit show negative. However last week i went to see gynae for BOM and was told again that the follicle is very small , non mature so chances ti get strike is very slim lor. She did not give any clomid to induce ovulation, but giving me progesterone. what is the different ? i am very down , very sad, very sianz... now

Hi Erin...

biggrin.gif
...okie...jia you jia you...christmas comin...hopefully...we'll all get a bb as our christmas blessin...

Hi Sunrise

Both the blackish med n powdered med r prescribed TCM fm the respective physicians at Thong Chai Med Inst n Eu Yan Sen...

Hi Beautiful...mine is also pretty low lately...And I can feel my AF naggging around the corner...sigh..

Fizz and erin, thanks for the info. But I'm afraid I'm at CD26, nearing the AF liao...So it can't be implantation dip right now...

LiNa: SO in the end, you flew to SH without seeing your follicles izit? Anyway, I heard pp getting preggie when they BD at the unusual times. So there's still hope before u go to THailand to pray...

Hi Mei2,

\clipart(kao_confused), you are kidding, rite? I tot melformin can be taken when AF here?

By the way, why were u on both clomid and melformin?

Also, was ur cycles regular? I'm asking this is that mine can MIA if without induction by medicine.

keke gemini.. metformin can be taken once a day.. whther got AF onot.. but my gynae wanted me to start only when my AF is here. i oso dunno why :p

me on clomid and metformin coz i got PCOS too.. and my AF was not regular.. the record for AF missing was 8mths then i decided to see gynae lor.

I always hv a nagging question regarding taking Clomid or Metformin on Day 2 of your menses. What if in the case of a spotting and you didn't know u'd conceived and went on to take those fertility pills? Weren't that be dangerous?

Wisteria, Metformin is a drug to treat PCOS (by making our body more sensitive to insulin), it will not affect pregnancy...in fact some pple continue to take Metformin right through their pregnancy.

Clomid is for inducing ovulation, usually will take CD2 or 3...have to wait for full bleed to count as CD1. so unless really spotting very seriously, shouldn't mistake spotting for AF!
happy.gif

Lina, she gave u progesterone to make AF come. she can't give u clomid cos oredi long pass your ovulation period. something about the lining in the uterus being 'old' or thick after too many CDs...hope that helps.
happy.gif
I am also on progesterone right now, to make AF come next week. Let's jia you together!

Hi all

Thank for all the well wishes.... heeee... of course must take good care of my wife... even if she not preg.....
happy.gif

Yes, she visited the GP and she is already taking the Folic Acid..... she already make appt with the gynae this fri..... she does not have MS but she get tired easily and I also realise her body felt warmer then usual... is it normal??
Just hope everything goes smoothly for her and the baby.... and wishing those TTC all the best with plenty plenty Baby Potion.....

Dawn: Really? I always thot progesterone pills or cream is used when u want to support the implantation, rather than induce the AF to come???

hi fizz, i am not working, that's why i am still online at late hours
happy.gif
usually, i try to have at least 4 hours of sleep at night to take my bbt. of course, i do take afternoon nap, else how to tar han
happy.gif
my hubby also say maybe it's due to my irrgular sleeping pattern that may cause my bbt to be so low... dunno lah...
you just got married this year? so fast, ttc already?

hi erin00, there is no harm taking bbt actually. maybe your gynae wants you to relax? how long have you been ttc?

hi lina, don't be sad... so, what else did your gynae say? perhaps, can let your gynae monitor your next cycle instead?

hi dawn, you made a good point on the definition of CD1. was wondering if the discharge is dark brown but need a pad, this should consider as CD1, is this correct?

Hi Dawn

I was given Sunolut to induce my mense last mth...so can I presume tat the med's actually a kinda progesterone then???...

Hi Beautiful

Married for 6 yrs...dun tink we can delay any further...age...oso...gettin preg wil mean gettin stuck in the current position for at least 1.5yrs...cant move within or outa the co...so I jus hope to complete the "project" n regain my mobility... :p

Fizz,

You are so right.. must complete the 'project' before moving out of the co. Less stressful than finding a new one.

me too, sianz at my place.. but tahan becos' of TTC

hi beautiful,
this is my 6 cycle of ttcing. have been taking bbt for the past 5 months. ya, gynae says taking bbt can cause stress. make one either very happy or very sad. so ask me not to take for the moment.

Hi RT,
It's very normal for pregant women to have higher bbt. don't worry.

Sonolut contains Norethisterone which is a synthetic form of progesterone. Progesterone is is produced in large amount once you ovulate and it is supposed to drop dramatically once the body detects there is no fertilisation. and once it drops dramatically, it cause the lining to shed, hence AF.

the medcine is suppose to build up the progesterone level, and when one finishes the course of medicine, the level of progesterone drop and hence AF start.

of course if you are pregnant, you need the progesterone to support the pregnancy...
happy.gif
but then your body will produce it on your own.

yah CD 1 must be full bleed...if brown staining, not considered as CD 1...that is what the gynae told me.
happy.gif
Hope that helps!

Ladies,
Just discovered I had some brown discharge....geeee I wondered wat happen..need to see the gynae tonite...
sad.gif

sigh... my mucous came yest. So me and HB BD yest. But very worried cos' I can't seem to keep his spermies within me, keep flowin out.

Anyone got some methods or positions to help? tryin tonight again.
sad.gif

Hi Dawn

Thanks for the explanation...gee...u hv gd med knowledge...r u a dr or nurse??? =)

Hi Sunrise

Try to prop a pillow below yr bum...n raise yr pelvis 90 deg after yr hb ejaculated...u may wanna stay in bed for at least 0.5hrs b4 washin up after yr BD...

sunrise.. sperm will flow out.. dun worry..
coz the good one will swim in to find the egg, and the bad ones will flow out
happy.gif

best position doggy style lor.. keke :p

thanks Fizz and Mei2!

Mei2, so doggy style is better? thot traditional missionary better to swim in? heheh

so after doggy still must prep bum? ;-)

zhuzhu, please dun move around so much. best is to lie down...
it's quite common to see some spotting... but just KS a bit... dun walk around..... dun worry... it should be alright....

Hi elmo

Still in the office leh..cannot lie down..anyway i already made an appt to see the gynae tonite...
scally everything is a false alarm...
sad.gif

Just an update...seems like its a false alarm...i just went to see the gynae..n my AF is coming..haiz...the test kit must be faulty (should go n sue the co.)

funny..my this cycle is sooo weird...
sad.gif

hi sunrise

doggy style is the best as the spermies reach the cervix much faster.. and wat fizz says is correct too.. put a pillow dw under ur hip while having missonary.. its helps too.. juz lie abt 15-30mins can le. dun freak out when spermie flows out as they r not healthy ;)

Hi all mummies & mummies-to-be,
I'm new to this thread. Would like to check if it's possible to have high temp of between 36.8 - 37.5 for 5 continuous days but not pregnant? My mense should be coming in another few days time but these few days I have been having high temp. I thought temp should be low when mense is round the corner?

hi lovebaby,
It's possible to have high temp for 5 continuous days and yet not pregnant. Usually, it's said that if you have high temp for 18 days or more after ovulation, you r very likely to be pregnant. Temp tends to drop when u have mense. As for me, my temp will be high for more than 10 days until I started spotting or when my period come. Hope this helps.

hi zhuzhu.. digital means the one which shows "pregnant or not preganant" ones rite??

wat did ur gynae says when u see him/her?? got take any HPT?

Back