A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

Hi Bluemuffin,
Your AF here yet? kekeke.. good luck!
happy.gif

Hi Sunflower,
I get my information from a health consultant and from books.
happy.gif
It's not really a treatment. Alternative health is based on the self healing principles of our body.

Hi Gals, hope you have a good weekend!
happy.gif

Rain, dun think too mmuch... just ask your gynae and let her explain ..... you just relax... okie...

Hi gerz...

My hb n I went to Thong Chai (TC) today...we specifically requested for Loh Kin Yee...initially we found her rather stern...kinda like 2 kids bein chided by the teacher...
biggrin.gif
...but shez quite okie...wif a sense of humor...

Stressed tat TTC wld b a 2 party effort...never a 1 sided tinky...

Needed me to chart my BBT as well...as my AF's still not arrived after I finished my med given by my gynae...she asked me to go bac for herb prescription oni when my AF arrives...said tat I may hv some pblm oso as my u/s fm my gynae showed tat my womb linin's too thin at CD42...n I'm not ovulating every mth...even tho tis mth is exceptional...
sad.gif
...gee...scared of drinkin bitter herbs leh...

Din really prescribe med for my hb...a bit disappointed wif tat tho...
sad.gif
...jus asked him to continue wif the cordy n mega men...n to take a SA again...n c her for a review 2 mths later...

So tatz it gerz...overall experience was...kinda eye opener...coz both of us stood us among mainly elderly patients...kekeke...
biggrin.gif

hi fizz, just wondering how did you know that you are not ovulating each month?

hi gals, just wish to share with you that i am now ready to ttc again after months of resting
happy.gif

check with you, if say my temperature goes up during bbt charting this morning, am i still in time to bd?

will ovulation strip be able to tell if we have finished ovulation? tested positive today.

how long can the eggs and sperms lasts?

forgot all these basic info liao
sad.gif

hi lily05, ic_69 already got preggie after going to thong chai heehee.. i maybe will go next year so let's arrange together lor
happy.gif

hi fizz, dont worry abt being the youngest there. actually thong chai was opened to cater to the elderly people living in the jl kukoh, chinatown area and bcos mostly are elderly that's why it's also works as a charity clinic hee.. my hb used to live in that area too but dont think he ever went there for chinese medication before. it sounds like a gd experience u hv but remember that chinese medication takes some time to take effect. also maybe b'cos your hb is already on cordy which suppose to improve the sperms, that's why she din prescribe anything for him.. be patient lor, i'm sure in time to come we all can get preggie
happy.gif
does Dr Loh knows how to speak english and read those gynae reports? agreed that the herbs taste abit yurky.. last time i drank for 1 mth and sometimes feel like vomitting, also may get diarrea in the morning at times.

hi beautiful, normally u hv to BD before the temp goes up but can still try 2 days before/after ovulation can still get chance. I think the egg last 24hrs and sperm up to 72hrs.. gals, pls correct me if i'm wrong..

Hi Lynn,

I saw your name in the MTB thread and realise we have the same gynae. I went to see him last Saturday for me 5th jab. He said my endo root is too deep, not sure whether I can ttc or not and also don't know when it will recurr. After listening to what he said really make me feel very sad. Told HB about it and my HB said if endo recur again, we will remove the womb and carry on with our life. But then I cannot imagine what life will be - haven't reach 30 and become permanently menopause!!

Tell me, what is his reaction when you told him you don't want the jab and got preggie???

hi fizz

i agreed she is quite stern, initial i also cannot get use. don't worry, maybe ur hb's report is ok.

good luck to you and be paitent.

Hi Fizz
Thanks for your clear explanation. I've started charting my BBT since CD5 as instructed by the Chinese doctor at EYS. It's between 36.07-36.38 for the past 5 days. It's dipped slightly this morning to 36.15. I'm getting used to this method since there is no hassle is sticking the thermometer under my tongue once my alarm clock rings. I just lie snoozing until the thermometer beeps. Since the thermometer registers the last temperature, it's not urgent that I wake up to record the temp. I'll do so after breakfast. It's a cheaper option than OPK!!!

Fizz: I'm sorry to hear abt your hb's second SA test is not much improved. My hb's hasn't gone for his second test cos he's only into his second mth on Androil. Incidentally, the Chinese sinseh told me Androil is ok to take cos it nourishes the man's kidneys. Quite strange from TCM pov.

I'm faithfully taking the TCM medicine in place of Clomid. She told me it's the same function except that Clomid stimulates your neuro senses to produce eggs, but TCM is not.

hi char5105

My Chinese sinseh never said must turn off the aircon for 1 hr before taking the temps. I told her I don't necessarily wake up the same time every morning and whether that would affect the consistency of the results. She said no it wouldn't. as long as I had 5 hours of non-stop sleep I can take the BBT. As I'm using those 2-decimal place ORAL thermometer which requires you to stick the thermometer under your tongue while I'm all covered under the duvet, the surrounding aircon is negligible I guess!!!

hi sunflower
I see that you've bought the sir jason winters supps that Babycutie recommended to you
happy.gif
I've bought Preseed, did I tell you? I'm still wondering how to twist open the applicator and squirt the gel into my vagina before making love. It's really a turn-off!

Hi blue muffin
You must be back from KL now? How's your results? Still above 37 degrees? Wish you luck!

Hi beautiful: if you got a positive OPK today, you should do it within 24-36 hours so that the eggs can live to meet the sperms. I hope you did try a couple of times prior to today
happy.gif
Good luck!!

Dear Rain: You said you got a HPT +ve??? Are you preggie?

hi all,

I have missed my period for 2 days. which is very unusual for me. as my period r always accurate. when shld i get the test kit to test?

Hi Bluemuffin...

How r u now???...I've decided not to stress my hb n myself too much over TTC oredi...we'll still do our due diligence...such as BBT n TCM n supps...but we'll jus let go n enjoy everyday n ML session...

Hi Beautiful...

Glad tat u've yr spirits up again...I depend on my BBT to estimate my ovulation...as well as my CM too...but I dun tink my CM is reliable...I'd EWCM last mth...my BBT din surge...n my gynae said tat I din ovulate last mth...so...u may wanna combine a few methods...BBT...CM...n ovulation strips...but dun b too stressed...jus do watever u tink wil help n relax...we cant control everytink... some theories suggest tat therez still a 24hr window period after the BBT surge...

Hi Sunflower...

Yup...Dr Loh said tat TTC may b a very long process...some may even take up to 5 yrs!!!...(tink i'll b in the very high risk grp by then...pengz...)...tho she din feel tat 30+ qualifies for "gao ling can fu"...she can understand english n read reports n med contents well...

Hi IC69...

Thanx...

Hi Wisteria...

Charting BBT isnt too bad afterall rite...I dun tink sleepin in aircon will affect yr BBT...as long as the temp is the same every nite...btw...my TCM told my hubby tat Androil is a hormonal med which isnt gd to take too much...

hi fizz: yeah...i also find it strange that she says Androil works well for the kidneys...She is Dr Xia Rong who sometimes appear on the Sat night 9.30pm TCM program sponsored by Eu Yang Sang.

hi fizz, so your gynae used your bbt chart to conclude that you did not ovulate last month?

hi hopeformiracle, is it really necessary to remove your womb? i hope there are other options?

hi dear, you may start to test one week later? hope it's a BFP!
happy.gif

gals, my bbt looks like this :-
CD20 : 36.08
CD21 : 36.21
CD22 : 36.25
CD23 : 36.15
CD24 : 36.29
CD25 : 36.33
based on the above, did i ovulate on CD20 or CD23?

will ovulation strip be able to tell if we have finished ovulation?

Hi Beautiful

Is tis the first time u r chartin yr BBT???...if so...u may nid to chart it for abt 3 mths to determine yr lowest pt of ovu...as BBT differ for each ind...I cant really conclude yr ovu dd fm yr BBT...but yr BBT looks like mine b4 ovu...watz yr BBT b4 CD20 like???

perhaps the other galz may help...

this is my second time charting. first time was early this year. thought we go by a monthly basis to determine when is the ovulation period? no har? how does your bbt looks like?

CD15 : 36.39
CD16 : forgot to take bbt
CD17 : 36.24
CD18 : 36.43
CD19 : forgot to take bbt
happy.gif

can help?

hi wisteria, nice to see u back here. yup i'm taking the jason pills now, it's been almost 1 week, still can't see much results.. maybe less tired nowsadays. also i used to have itchy skin, now it's better, so i think its does help. if got good news then i let u know lah.. haa i've read of preseed from the internet, suppose to help the sperm to reach the eggs mah, so can try lor.. so your sinseh did not prescribe any medicine for your hb? still need to take androil? quite strange hor.

Hi Beautiful

You chart shows that either you didn't ovulate or you didn't do it correctly. Reason is because your temp are all so low. If you have ovulated, your temp should remain constant at around 36.7 to 36.8.

Other then removing the womb what other better solution you have to stop AF from coming? So long that my AF comes, my endo will grow so it is like fighting against time and I know I always lose haha

Hi hopeformiracle,

Sorry, I could not reply to you last nite. My hubby was nagging at me... kekeke...

Hey, I went to see him last Saturday too. haha.. Maybe we saw each other but dunno. Usually my appointment on Saturday will be 12.20pm if available. What time did you go? I arrived at 12.20pm (very punctual hor? kekeke...). After a while, me and my hubby went out and sit at the lift lobby and wait.
happy.gif

hmm... what did he say about TTC for your case? He's very pro-family one, I am sure he will try his best to help you to conceive asap.
happy.gif
How many jabs do you need?

I understand how you are feeling. Last time, I used to hate to see him, cos every time I saw him will be bad news. Piece by piece of bad news. I even told my hubby I wanna change another gynae, but my hubby scolded me cos it's not going to be a solution to my problem. So I continued to see him. I have been seeing him since last year August. Imagine everytime I saw him till this year August, I have been getting not so good news. It's only the last visit before I got preggie when I saw him that he said my womb is very good.
happy.gif
I was so happy cos that was the first time he said my womb is good.
happy.gif

At the beginning, he will ask me to take the jabs every time I see him. Till the 4th time, he said if I dun wan, he will not force me
happy.gif
. I am scared of injections
happy.gif
. Then he never ask me already, instead asked me if I wanna him to help me to conceive. But everytime he will encourage me and tell me I should not wait for too long
happy.gif

It's kinda strange. Dunno is it "ling gan" or what. On the visit when I saw him to tell him I am preggie already, the first thing he asked when he saw me was whether I am pregnant. hahaha... He was very happy for me
happy.gif

I was told that my fibroids will definitely recur and endo too. But I did not give up
happy.gif
I seeked alternatives. I hope you will not give up so fast
happy.gif
You are still young
happy.gif
Pregnancy will come naturally in a healthy body
happy.gif
May God bless you...
happy.gif

Hi Lyn,
I am fine. Stopped TTC for a while. Busy with work and went for a short re-charge lately to Vietnam, HCMC. Started back on track to TTC again. Not putting stress and pressure. Just pray about it and leave it onto God's hand.
Hope that prayer will be answer.

hi hopeformiracle, really har - i have not ovulated? but opk is positive leh! confused liao... so, there isn't any medication to stop endo from growing? sorry, i am just trying to help.

hi dear, a big congrats to you!
happy.gif

Hi Dear...

Congratz...
kao_cheers.gif

Hi Beautiful...

If yr OPK shows +ve...then BD all the way lor...
biggrin.gif
...u may wanna monitor yr BBT for at least 3 consecutive mths to get know yr cycle better...alternatively...u may wanna confirm wif yr gynae of the stage of yr cycle...thru blood test or scan...

Hi Hopeformiracle...

Dun give up okie...jus like yr nick...miracles do happen...n they may b very near u...altho I really hv no soln for u...hv u ever considered TCM???...perhaps natural herbs may work better for u than western chemicals...best is "zong xi he pin"...

Hi Flora...

Nice to meet u...

Dear DEAR: Congrats too, although I haven't been following your pregnancy odyssey!!!

Hi sunflower: Yah lor...nevermind lah, since both sinseh and gynae says androil is fine, so be it lah!! My hb of course continues to take his selenium, zinc and cordeceps now.

hi Beautiful: I'm also doing BBT first time. I read on the websites recommended by Fizz that there should be a slight dip in temperature prior to ovulation which is then followed by an upturn right? Besides, the first phase temps should be pretty low cos your AF just completed.

After ovulation, if preggie, you'll continue to observe an upturn cos your HcG will be climbing...If it drops, high chances you don't have enough HcG to support the implantation, hence the downturn indicating the onset of your AF.

Based on the American websites, I can comment from surface value that you MIGHT hv ovulated CD15-18 thereabouts. As you didn't show your temps from CD1-14, we won't know if there was a dip or not.

Because it appears that your luteal phase temps from CD20 onwards made a sharp dip and then persisted downwards, it might be an indication of your AF coming as per the websites' explanation.

Anyway, hard to tell cos your curve for this cycle is flawed since you forgot to take your BBT a couple of times!!!! Moreover, are you a regular 28-day person or those 30+ days type? If you're 30+ days type, then MAYBE you MIGHT have ovulated on CD23 thereabouts and your pre-ovulation temp dive fell on CD20.

Perhaps other experienced ladies might be able to shed more light on this topic???!!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. Have been trying to get preggie since Apr'05 ... any good methods and workable method to share.

By the way, may I ask what is AF, BD and TTC?
Sorry to ask but I try to figure out for quite some time.
happy.gif

been trying for ttc for quite some times but always negative result. sigh.. 3 weeks ago i went for gynae and was learned that i have irregular ovulation and doc ave clomid and advise to go for a BOM. i have just completed my 1st appointment (day 13) today but the still not ovulate.. sign.. i am going for a holiday at shanghai this saturday for 3 days just to meet my hubby(stationed there for 2 years) to try for BD.... if still no ovulate again..how to get preggie ??

Hi Lyn,

Congrats to you! Wish you a smooth 9 mths.

How long did u wait after you mc before you start ttc? I had a mc in Oct, and was also on 50mg clomid. Now taking chinese herbs to 'pu'.

cheers

hi ladies,

im trying to ttc for quite a while but due to my irregular menses, i have a hard time knowing when my ovulation take place. anyone can tell me how to know when my egg is ovaluting?

Li Lina, u went to a gynae to ask? actually i wanted to go to a gynae but i duno wat to ask.

hi katherine,

we are in the same boat. I hv been trying for ttc for almost a year but never been successfull. I am worried as my age is catching up therefore beginning of july, i hop into sgh o&g and have a consultation. It's not cheap though i went for several tests which cost me 1k++. that's just to check no foreign substance inside me. I was prescribe with hormone pills to make my menses regular but i still hv difficulty ovulating. after the last hormone course, i went for consultation again and gynae prescribe 50mg of clomid and book for BOM (basic ovulation measurement) check for the status. today is my day 13, i just went and the result is negative. therefore gynae would probably gave me heavier dosage on my next appointment.

i am saying that i have a hard time to ttc because my hubby not staying in sgp, he been outstaioned in shanghai for 2 years and only come back every 3 month only. For the past 6 months i went for 3 times and try BD.. but the timing is not accurate ..now I have to take leave to go shanghai this sat again to meet to try for BD... (sound like a professional hooker..haha) .. i hope to get ovulated this few days otherwise i will miss the chance again.. may heaven help me to strike the goal
happy.gif

Hi hopeformiracle,

I'm feeling quite down after reading your post. It is depressing that you have to go through this kind of ordeal-please try and be strong about the whole episode. To my understanding, removal of the womb does not constitute menopause as long as the ovaries are still intact and producing hormones. My cousin's friend had to remove her womb too because she could not bear with her severe endometriosis. She was single and removed it while in her early 30s.

I wish you lots and lots of strength to press on.

hi,

1K++ so ex huh? was thinking if those normal gynae can help anot. think u had a hard time since ur hb not in spore.

Li Lina
We're in the same boat!!! My hb is always travelling and I'm devastated to know he will be away this weekend which is my fertile period! I've been putting in all the effort to take TCM, plotting BBT and he's also been taking all the supps and Heaven has to play a trick like this on us! I'll most likely travel with him...hopefully his boss doesn't find me an eyesore. I'm like a travelling hooker, like u said
happy.gif
But at least things are more flexible on my side cos I quit my job 3 mths ago. Otherwise, it was impossible to take urgent leave once I ovulated and fly there to BD with my hb!

I'm closely monitoring my BBT these couple of days...I'm also getting a semi-faint OPK +ve this morning and expect to get a double line within 2-3 days. However, my BBT shows a rather flat line leh...dunno if I ovulated or not cos I'm taking some EYS chinese medicine to stimulate ovulation. I was on 100mg clomid last cycle and it didn't work...

hi wisteria

what chinese medicine can stimulate ovuluation ?

hi katerine,

yeah quite ex. there were several test that i went through, maybe yours could be different and not ex.

Hi Lina

Well, if I knew the concoction, I could open my own clinic!! It's all ground powder packed in those sealed sachets. The TCM presctiption is sacred. They'll never reveal the ingredients and portions to you!!!

Hi Lina!

Hmmm, I have no idea at this point cos I only see a faint double line on OPK today and my temps doesn't tell much! Well, it was Dr Xia Rong of Eu Yang Sang who said that her "magic powder" works in place of Clomid. I trust her word and take it for 9 days. Somehow, it warms up my body...

The sealed sachets do not belong to any brand. They are all in EYS's brand. They are ground from several Chinese herbs using a machine and packed into sachets according to the dosage and duration prescribed by your sinseh. This is a common practice thruout TCM clinics nowadays to make TCM more convenient to consume for modern patients like ourselves. All you do it mix with warm water and drink like those 3-in-1 coffees. Get it??

Lina
Actually, since u r travelling to Shanghai so often, I advise you to do some research on the reputable TCM clinics in Shanghai and see a sinseh there instead of here. My Dr Xia Rong is from Shanghai TCM college anyway...

Back