A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

lin
u said it...one sec, i saw her standing at side of table, next thing i know, luckily lena alerted me..i looked & my dd was standing there in the centre posing maciam like her big day!!! haha

the cakes look v sweet to me..i see pics, feel full liao haha

cy
even non edible stuff? wow, ur CH sure beats N leh hahaha...sure can be successor in time to come lol..plus she loves rice so lagi best hahha

MT
Congrats on 2nd little monkey ;-p

garfield
He didn't like the roller coaster cos it was a bit too scary, jerky. Not very pleasant ride on the whole lah. At least he doesn't pester me to let him ride it anymore. Bungee ah? I'll tell him skydiving more fun. I find bungee very thrill-less leh. Doesn't appeal to me.

cheri
Ya, must tell her to scream. D ah, he's always busy examining how the rides work, studying the cogs, wheels, hinges, and I have to tell him look at the scenery, look at this and that. Answer all the technical qns v boring for me.

Lin
His voice very girly. Surely get teased in school, then when voice breaks, sekali very low. Ha. He has singer background though, his dad's side, so mebbe can be soprano. Haha.

I'm not sure what he thinks of C. Probably 'angry boy'. ;-p But cos he didn't run away from C shows that he sees C as no threat at all. He will usually stay clear. I think this is first time he didn't run away from someone fighting him. I was surprised. Mebbe he thought C was only playing cos didn't do any damage to him. ;-p The 2 of them kept fighting for the balls also. Ha. Such a balanced fight that's why no crying I think. Neither could lose nor win.

What happens when he plays with older boys? Cos you say he can get rough.

CY
Ya. He took a while to decide whether to flee or fight I think. No fight for Cat lah, so he fled.

My DREAM is 4. Two 好字, but I seriously doubt Amanda would wanna continue. She going to shut down factory liao. So unless GOD provide me a miracle and grant me the 1% chance!! Hahahaha

CY
hahaa the way u put it.. like cy previously really v abusive to his meimei like tat :p
aiyo two petty boys... if fight tog sure v funny

CY, JP
oh yah i think such cakes chicken feed for our dear JP here
happy.gif

Elmo
glad to hear tat
happy.gif

LP
wow congrats!!
happy.gif

surprisingly quite a few of us here wan 4 kids hor..
u, yfuang, my hb (last time wan 4 now bargain to 3)... and think another one oso cant rem who liao

Cheri
hey but at least she jus guai guai stand there...
if cay prolly standby candle blowing mode liao

Zoe
wow soprano.. hehe cant imagine D leh
biggrin.gif

yah lah D prolly tot cay playing w him.. cos D was smiling thru out the whole wrestling match ^ ^

hmm so far cay doesnt hv many opp to play w older boys...
but i think if he fight and lose he'll jus prolly cry lor
but actually he prefers to play w the older ones..

LP
Amanda agree to 3 already v gd liao. Anyway, miracles and accidents happen ;-p

Lin
Ha. D def noticed C was angry and when C shouted and pointed at him. I think he'd already made up his mind he was going to have fun at the party la. Nothing was going to spoil his mood. ;-p

garfield
I've skydived before. Really nice experience. Bungee I don't see the thrill, so not inclined at all. I want to do hang gliding actually, but it takes more time to train. Need the right enviroment, conditions also. Must travel all the way there. And it's ex.

Zoe,
Wow I amaze by ur experience.Lucky D to have a adventurous mum.

This Mummy here at most done rock climbing and tat was during primary school.

Zoe, garfield
jez sky diving!
yeah both of u so adventurous...
the most strenuous activity i did recently was running and climbing after cay at safra jurong kidz amaze playground.. for 15 mins

Lin,
What about before u have any kids?U must have done some activity.

Now I have a idea tat when K is old enough I gonna rope her to join me in rock climbing so me and K can egg each other to climb higher.

garfield,
You're young. I'm so old liao, surely cannot keep up with D one. I will sit there and watch, resting after my one go, while he's wakeboarding, at skate parks, climbing, etc.

Zoe,
Tell u what when they are doing tat u might be tempted to join and forget about everything and only when u reach home then u complain here pain there pain etc.

garfield
ooh yeah i've done loads before cay... shopping eating shopping eating ;)
actually now oso sama sama lah.. jus tat now shop for grocery instead -_-"

yah u're still so young
happy.gif
we old liao..

Zoe
we only go there cos its so near :p

I went for a trial class last week, but they are already half way thru sememster.

Not alot of kicking but alot of running and movement coordination type of stuff.

Like running forward, backwards on your tip top, sideways and running zig zag across cones, touch the wall and come back.

Teaching how to back heel, pass the ball side way with your heels etc.

helllllllllllooooooooo mummys & tots!!!
just to drop a ________________________

lin, sorry i had missed kate's bday last sat! had fever le.. bet u guys had a wild bash! so much fun & food i saw from ur pix!
hope to bump into u at imm soon ya hahah..

lena & zoe, thx sweetie for ur well wishes on e wall!

celest, take care ya? soon ya?

so, any more party next?
hope to cya guys reals soon?
shall we do a movie & dinner together?
u guys caught UP? should be ok for ur tots ya?
who's in this sat perhaps 4ish? sms me k?

Angi,
Me went to see liao.The movie is great.

Lin,
Shopping also a workout leh cos ur leg gotta walk,walk and walk and ur eyes need to see,see and see and afterall it a very tedious workout.

Mummies,
Need ur advise ya.
I intend to get something for K next mth but yet to make up my mind which to get.
1)Leapfrog Tag - http://www.leapfrog.com/en/families/tag/tag_system/tag_reading_system.html
2)Leapfrog First Computer - http://www.leapfrog.com/en/families/clickstart/learning_systems/cs_clickstart.html
3)Little Tikes Teether Tooter - http://www.aprisin.com.sg/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_23&products_id=157

Pls give me idea.Thanks in advance ya.

angi
N's still too afraid to watch a movie & definitely not in a cinema so can't join u haha

garfield
sorry, can't advise u on the toys cos i've not been buying such toys for N for a very long while. Too much stuff for her to play liao.

Cheri,
U meant u have the all the above?

Actually the reason for buying it like TAG cos K been pestering reading to her and she likes to keep interfering whenever I read and keep flipping the pages and as for the computer it becoz K recognizing of letter very bad so intend let her play wif it and as for teether tooter she always ask us to sit on it when we go playground.

Tat why I having a headache which to choose.Haiz.

gardfield - teether tooter can get one from ikea. cheap n gd ;p then hv space cash to get a 2nd toy liao loh. hahaha

MTDT,
Izit the 2 wood plank tie together teether tooter u mean?If so,tried before very not steady leh.

Haha if i do buy tat i would not get another toy after all as well as rather buy something for myself.

angi
We just watched it today. It's v good but D was scared of the 'naughty' characters.

garfield
I think Ikea has a plastic one.

garfield
i hv none of those items u listed lah. Personally, I always feel nothing beats a real person reading to a child. The warmth of the person's voice, the pauses & questions he utilises when he senses the child's interest in certain parts of the story etc. So far such toys (1&2) r not v good for N cos she'll just blindly press buttons. Simplicity is better for me in this aspect.

Zoe,
Hmmm the plastic 1 cannot sit 2 ppl rite?If so I dun want cos I wanna ride wif K.OMG wat did I say.

Cheri,
Ya I know K will also blindly press.So tat why I am still thinking which to get.
As for reading I do read to her but she either keep on asking question(same Q & A)and take about 30 mins or she just dun listen but after u finish tat book she will ask u read another book as we only read during sleeptime so as such she will always do tat to drag her bedtime.

garfield
hhmm if she's oso the blindly pressing type, then it depends on ur objective for buying the toy...to keep her occupied while u r busy? or for her to learn sthg from the toy?

learning letters? she's still quite young actually. But hv u tried lettin her do printing using those alphabet stamps? or play games wif her using those alphabet bean bags? there r many interesting games u can play wif her to get her to recog the letters. I rem i used to hv difficulty getting N to recog her numbers 1-10...it only clicked when i got her to start calling me on the phone...probably cos she can see the value or purpose then she learns better?

<font color="ff0000">Garfield</font>
Take opportunity!
I remember K repeats every word, every sentence when you read a book to her. YES, she is definitely learning.

For the Teeter Totter, I once saw it @ IKEA, quite interesting. Sha calls it "see-saw"

Cheri,
I tell u she will make my blood boils everytime I teach her alphabet axample like this is "A" she insist it a "S" and nothing I can do to change her as she will scream NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

CG,
Recently she has become very lazy and tend to ask us to read instead of reading together wif us.

garfield - I was refering to the plastic one. only 1pax can sit :p

Zav also hv a leapfrog toy tat "reads". but hardly use... so for me, i also wont get anymore of such. :p

garfield

i bought Ning a Leap pad but she hardly uses it.
Even up till now. At 1st I thot maybe the genre of the story.
But after some trial and error, she just doesnt like it.
Neither does kai.
They so much prefer to be read to.
Kai will want me to read to him on the way to sch.
When he gets home he also wants to be read.
B4 bedtime they will take lots and lots of books to be read.
They are able to select their own books now.
Kai will look through the pie and put those he likes on top.
If it's a book he doesnt quite fancy, he will tell me, READ ALREADY, LAST TIME.

But i think each child is different.
My sis has 2 boys.
They both love leap Pad a lot.

Cheri
Did N like Laura?
Try Anthony Browne's Bear Hunt.
It's a nice story of how the bear got out of the tight situation with his pencil.
He drew a obstacle to floor the hunter, etc.
Nice and simple yet allow the kids to stretch a bit of their imagination.

BTW the Usborne I can Draw book... can u mms me a pic. I must have packed it off somewhere.
I rmb it's blue but take a pic of the spine for me.
Yes, i need visual to help me locate the book.

Talk abt being visual.
I wasnt aware of how visual I am...
TS was telling me to run and errand for him.
He rattled off some figures and some instructions.
He repeated.
And repeated.
Blank.
But when he scribbled, one glance and it's done!
Well... he was rather shock at the discovery cos he always thot i hv super memory and he wasgetting quite frus when I was asking him to repeat so many times....
sad.gif

garfield
reading tog? how? till now, it's only us who read to her...no way she'll wan to read to us yet haha

cat
too bad Bear Hunt is not avail from the lib..i've checked. Sounds like an interesting book too. Hv not read her Laura yet.

learning styles...hahah no wonder u can nvr rem ur bank acct number lah...write it down hahaha

i'm still not sure abt N's. At what age r we able to tell? Based on what tasks...i suspect she's auditory cos she's v good at rem things thru songs, listening to instructions...kinaesthetic, i would say most kids at this age would be cos they r still using a lot of their senses to figure out things.

Cayden &amp; Dylan:
Ha!Ha! So funny you guys! Japanese Gangster and Mafia? Love the vid! I think boys will be boys!
happy.gif

MTDT &amp; LP : Congrats! Another boy! So, both closing shop liao?

Cheri &amp; Cat: Ha!Ha! I seldom sit taxis coz DH often fetch us. The only times which I will sit a cab is when I am with my friends and we are in a rush or DH is not free...very expensive, girl. But on one occassion, it was darn cute. My friend and I was talking and whispering coz she was talking about her BF, the driver was actually inching to hear the hot juice news...ha!ha! And the other when we sat a taxi from Cat's house, the taxi driver was singing along with the radio...ha!ha!

Lin &amp; CY - The cakes are so sweet! Its a great idea and it would make the teachers so happy. I too am going to make 3 mini cakes for G1 to bring to school.

Zoe - D's voice is quite sweet. One will never know. I remembered my cousin bro always kena teased when he was young. But when his voice broke, wow wow wee....deep voice and sings well too. So, I remembered all my friends fell for him...ha!ha!

angi - Sending over lots of quick healing vibes!

garfield - We bought Leapfrog First Computer for G1. He was super on for a week only. After that, it became his white elephant.

Garfield, Cheri
hehe yah no way cay will wan to read tog too.. anyway he can only recog v few words
and hor til now he still hving problem w words beginning w L.. everytime yong yong ago -_-"

JP
yeah u shld! bet G1's teachers will be so touched
happy.gif

Cat,JP
Hmm if tat the case guess I will go rent first and see whether she really like it anot else waste $$$ also.

Cheri,
Ya last time K will used to read together like repeat the sentence tat I read and if she repeat the sentence wrongly I will correct her thus as such she mostly remember those story tat she repeat after me but recently she been so lazy and just wanna flip the page whenever we try to read together.

Oh btw she still cannot recongnize the words in doing so but she does remember the whole story much more better and can even almost say whatever sentence(those chinese book 1-2 sentence in every page)in tat particular page.

Lin
Cay is very good liaoz. cy cannot even pronounce 's' words properly. he is still lisping. there was this once he was telling us something about 'thunthet', asking mummy mummy where is the 'thunthet'?? (we were on our way home in the evening)...and i kept thinking when i gave him some thumbtacks...so i asked him to describe it and he promtly told me' the big orange thunthet in the thky' it was only then i realise it is sunset he was referring to....

sometime later, if he still cannot do it have to send for speech therapy liaoz
sad.gif
(really runs in the family, nephew also underwent speech therapy...)

reading
o you mean your todds can read liaoz? cy still cannot read any english words much. he seems to be able to read chinese better (of course pictographic mah)....

now im really going the glenn doman way. just read and teach, dun bother about testing at all....just have faith (however blind! a mother's faith!) that he will learn somehow...less frustrating lo...what to do
sad.gif

lin
hahah N used to say dong dong &amp; not gong gong when she was younger...she's so tickled by this whenever we talk abt it now. Sweet memory
happy.gif

garfield
repeating the sentences? wow, N would nvr do that esp when we r reading to her. She's more keen on the plot..even when i ask her questions to get her to predict what would happen next, she's too impatient to do it most of the time &amp; would just wanna flip the page. I dun see it as her being lazy though. I'm not too concerned abt her remembering the words or sent in the book etc. Good memory can be trained in many other ways eg. they can rem the songs they sing in sch, frens' names etc. Would prefer to read to her for leisure now to widen her vocab &amp; love for diff genres of books. Most importantly, to keep the love for reading sustained &amp; not dampen it by too much technical details. Unless of course, the child shows keen interest in wanting to decode the words herself.

cy
yes, N's oso much better at recog Chinese words...Eng words till now almost zilch too. Did u use to flash Eng words wif him? can he read those words now? or u only flashed dots?

Garfield
yes K is alr v gd
happy.gif
no stress no stress.. cay is way way behind ;)
anyway right now guess its more imp to get her to enjoy stories rather than testing her word recognition etc ya

CY
keke his sunset was cute
biggrin.gif

i know nuts abt kiddos speech devt pace.. but issit a big deal if cy cant pronounce s words? afterall he's still so young
my 3+ nephew til now can only say v limited words..
but i think he's jus like his daddy... and look at my bil now.. he sure has a way w words

Cheri
haha her grandpa must find it so funny
biggrin.gif

yah yah me and hb oso v tickled by it...
everytime will ask cay to repeat after us jus for laugh
it's a long long snake
long long ago (luckily not s'pore idol nong nong ago
biggrin.gif
)

CY, Cheri
wow ur kids can recog chinese words better than eng words?!
so when it comes to reading they prefer eng or chn?

lin
yes yes, i rem i used to 'test' her too &amp; entertain myself in the process by making her say other words that hv a 'g' beginning sound..i'll even imitate her &amp; say stuff like 'dood der' &amp; she'll violently protest &amp; insist i'm saying it wrongly...they can hear the right sounds but just can't produce it lah haha...now she's at that 'bery very' stage keke

yes, n can recog abt 40 plus chinese words now, i only show her those word cards once a day at most &amp; at times, will forget for a few days haha. She prefers eng books but doesn't mind us reading both lang books to her. Maybe cos we've been doing that since she was young so to her, it's just another lang that she uses...she'll insist she's a chinese cos she knows how to read chinese :p

cheri
yes i used to flash english cards to him, but he was never really itnerested. he was more into the math cards, picture cards and chinese...

now trying to do it with meimei (bought the cards liao mah, use lo)...she's ok with them...at this age, they can always tell you the correct cards but they may not rem much when they are older unless i do the reinforcing with her, which is phew, tedious lah...

Lin
yah not sure if this lisping thing will continue, but need to draw more attention to it if he still cant pronounce it properly by 4...

YY,
u mean cy can recog the words?

Cheri,
Recently she dun paid attention to us reading stories and she always when want attention while we busy she will grab a book and force us read tat why I dun think of getting leapfrog stuffs and now reading is more like dragging sleep time for her.

Tat gd tat she can recog some words.

Lin,
I remember cay recog alphabet and K is totally can recog it at all ya.

Cheri
wow 40+ chn words tats quite a lot ya!
the word cards u made them urself?
hahaa tats a cute one... shes a chinese cos she knows how to read chinese ^ ^

CY
hey u mentioned b4 tat ch doesnt take cereals now..
then wat do u give her for brekkie?
cos kate nowadays always cannot finish her cereal so im thinking whether issit bcos shes sianz of it liao
though i add diff fruits to her HT cereal everyday.. tdy even tried nestle cereal

garfield
hahaa yah cay is jus like K... comes bedtime he'll go "mommy, wash hand wash feet, drink milk, read and sleep. but u nvr read?! read!"
but yah lor jus his excuse to delay sleeping

lin

kai is not yong yong ago... his is lellow banana...
Haha both have prob with their Y and L, but reverse order!
when he said lellow, i will always always grin and sometimes imiate him!
But he will try to say, ye, ye, ye, lleeelow! hahaha
He can call ye ye at ease leh...
only certain words...

Back