A fresh new thread to locate SAHM of yr2006?

elmo

wow gg to japan with 2 kids. i went to taiwan HK with R just 2 mths back and it was definately not easy. Esp since im preggy and get tired easily.
u are gg japan free n easy or guided? I have learnt my lesson. Next time never to bring young kids on guided tours, very very difficult. Everyday have to rush here, rush there, and it doesn't help that we were changing almost 6 hotels during our entire trip! Eating have to eat very fast, toileting must go very fast. sigh...
next time can only go free n easy, then we can take our own sweet time .

Lin

cay so smart, caught the prawn! Looks fat n delicious, yummy.. haha.. I doubt if R will wanna catch the prawn even if i bring him prawn fishing. Recently , after i brought him to school, he is so sticky to me, until its really driving me on my nerves.

cheri

ooh... i also love the japanese teppanyaki restaurant at the hill top. Last time during pak tor days used to go there often.. now rarely laio

ester
yes, i oso dread guided tours now. We went on a Bangkok trip last year, but kinda missed out on a lot of their outings, paid package but kinda F&E ourselves. For certain places, going f&e may turn out to b so much more ex. So we will pay for guided but dun join some of their activities. Japan is v ex if f&e...elmo, u going f&e?

Hi mummies
so happy today coz Ch finally rolled over on her own, but like cy, missed her action only found her on her tummy when i came back from wahing my hands...funny thing is she rolled over 3mths, 14days, cy rolled over first 3mths, 15days...

Sports
yes wanna cy start sports too!!! maybe that's why we started him on swimming. would olike to start him on fencing when he is older, used to fence a bit, epee. wonderful sport!suggested to hb dirt biking!!!!! (hb was a biker) but he is dead against it
sad.gif

well i used to be very very active in school. was in cross country school team, taekwondo etc. but i think xcty took the fun outta sports coz we were so so concerned with timing. every training wasnt fun anymore. prior to that used to love running, the wind, the scenary, the rhythm of breathing etc...now i hate running.kept thinking by the time i hit this place, must be wat timing, where i would likely to ache, how must i prevent it...

lin
cay is sooo sooo patient!!!! he is really an outdoor person hor?

shauna,
always welcome:eek:)

Lin,
wow prawn fishing....it's a fun idea for kiddos to have outdoor fun. nice....

cheri/cat,
the process of doing a sport trains a ppl's character besides keeping fit. we think its more important than the actual sport itself.we can train our kiddos determination and patient while doing a sport. eg learning to cycle on 2 wheels, learning to skateboard.keep trying till one get the hang out of it and sense of achievement for doing it.

elmo,
miss my earlier thread? the last trip to NZ was very cold( think 8-10 degree), besides warm clothes, i let zy wear cotton tights(2 layers) cos i cant find thermal ones for her. jacket with headcover(protect ear and head) plus warm soupy food in tiger jar.

i bought some sleepsuits(long sleeve,cover till toes) for kj last winter in brisbane. if you don't mind preloved, i can get alex to bring it over. he is coming back on 23rd Jan. when are u guys leaving?

kj also got one black(with hearts) 3/4 tights that protects his legs. u want?

CY

wah didn't know u used to be so active in school! U look like a quiet and gentle lady, so hard to imagine u racing against time in cross country!
i really hate sports during school days. the only sport i do is jogging and swimming.. boring right? but these 2 sports , i do them not bcos i love them, but its just to keep myself fit. Now I do not do any sports at all laio... Hmm maybe must do some sports after giving birth to #2! or else really grow outta shape !

cheri

ya good idea to pay for guided, but do some free and easy. Can be selective about the places they visit, and join them if we find them interesting It may work out to be much cheaper than just purely F&E alone.

Cheri, Elmo, Pebbles, Lin

It's plugged duct. Luckily not mastitis or abcess. If not, I sure go mad one!
Now one area is swollen and reddish and hot. Using hot towel to massage, hopefully it can be cleared by end of the week. Perseverance!

cheri,
i feel that school uniform at such young age is more of branding than any thing else....oh ya...profit from it too....

shauna,
believe every mummies have their special way of nurturing their kiddos.

i didn't show zy alphabets(A-Z), numbers(1-10) or words flashcards when she was before 2.5. between 2 to 2.5 years, i started animals picture flashcards. i did it in a opposite way ie show her a pic of a lion flashcard and let her recognise the animal's look and sound(if i can imitiate). then when 2.5, i introduced the word LION. i did it this way cos ABC or 123 is just a alphabet/number and it has no meaning to it until a word is form or they see an unit as one. also, i only introduce/explain to her things that exist/existed....no such thingy as fairies.

but like every method, there is flaw lah....zy lacks imagination and creativity. so i got to find other ways to improve on that.

cy,
wow that's so fast! kj only rolled over when he was 5 mths plus..... special moments right.

CG,
how many weeks u now? still bad MS....last time i wrote ren ren ren right...think now it's REN REN REN.

Mummies,
Having a slight rashes on my chest. Then after drinking my mil's pig stomach soup, my whole mouth suddenly numbed!!!!! I felt something weird in my mouth, so took the torch light to check. To my dismay, I saw many many ( hundreds over at least) bumps inside my mouth. Now it has subsided 50%. I have never had rashes in my life before. Anyone has this experience before?I was thinking of all these bumps turn into ulcers I SURE DIE a hard time
sad.gif

elmo
wow, u are packing up for another vacation again. I was tempted to get the SIA ticket to tokyo last mth. About 750 inclusive of taxes. Then again, hb is not keen to travel on planes.
sad.gif
So nice to go for so many days. Is S excited?

Lin
I dun think I will dare to eat the prawns after fishing. Dun ask me why haha. Were the prawns delectable? I love to cook prawns with spaghetti in aglio olio style, simple and yet so lingering.....

lin/cheri/esther
that jap restaurant is our fav too!
by the way the plants at the garden near the car park are planted by dignitaries... presidents etc but in a rather sorry state...
it's nice to dine there at nite then walk up to the top of the tower to catch the view n breeze :
)

yf
oh dear... clogged ducts ah...
i had those during ning's time...
i went to lactation consultant n was clear, with blood n all.
i used v v hot towel n asked hb to massage hard for me.
are u feeling better now?

pebs
yikes... sounds like some horror sci-fi films when u described...

haha i know what u mean when u said u din dare eat aft fishing...

cy
i was asked to join x-cty in jc aft the trs looked thru the physical fitness records...
i quite like it
trained at the old CMPB place.
i like cos it's very mental training.
fr afar cld see the slope so wld tell myself pace the slope, open up, catching up time...

cy
recently i try to pack in family sports day once a week.
since ning has swimming every tue n kai n i go into the pool too...
i try to get hb to do more active sports with them too
if it's sunny n hot then sunday aft my mum's we'll go to the pool...
now ever sun kai will remind us 'go swimming, let me swim'
if it's balmy then we will cycle
if kai is napping then ning will tandem daddy
i'll sit by the table, sipping my drink n catch up on my reading...
yest with great foresight we rented tandem bike with booster seat
when kai woke up, all 3 went cycling n i relax one corner...
kai enjoyed so much that aft the ride he said, 'some more. go again!'

at bedtime, he told me, daddy cycle o fast! so nice! so cold!

actually, it was very chilly...
i was thinking it wld be great to hv some port... i like it cos it's so sweet n warms up the body...

pebbles
how come like tat? Take care...

sports
think arielene lack sports. hahah.. but i hv been wantign to buy her bicycle now. anyone has lobang for 14" children bicycle?

CG
Hahahha me super mummy with 6 arms...hee!

cheri
Am leaving on the 18th night. Ya bfdg is easy but wondering how to bf when wrapped up with so many layers...hee!
Not going back for CNY...maybe will go back for chap-go-meh
happy.gif

esther
We will never take tour...so far our holidays all free n easy...so that can be free n easy
happy.gif

cutie
Thanks but am leaving on the 18th leh...iya!

yfuang
So glad that it's not too serious...speedy recovery!! Shower with hot hot water would help. Once I also felt pain n tried using hot towel but don't find it helped much.
Got ur orders.

pebbles
Ya this time is the longest holiday. Told S going to bring her to Disneyland again then she started telling us how is it like in the Disneyland in Hong Kong
happy.gif

Now still considering should we go to Sanrio Land cos it's quite far from our hotel...

esther,CG,cheri,Lin,yfuang
Enough orders including one of my gf. I will probably order today. Once confirmed by the supplier if the stock is available, I will pm u n let you knw the total amount
happy.gif

cy
wow ur hb doesn't look like the 'dirt biker' kind...so exciting! has he given u a ride b4?

elmo
do u hv to pay a lot for hotels for this japan trip? i always feel f&e not easy in japan at all as cannot drive (lang barrier wif road signs etc), expensive lodging etc. We used to wanna join this fren who's a big fan of Japan! She would go for 3 week to a mth kinda hol, buying the $800+ train tix & moving ard on her own. Of course it helps that she can speak & read Jap v well. We always wish we can visit those places mentioned in Japan Hour but most of them seem to b quite tucked away & out of the city.

yf
wow so scary, few hours & blocked ducts liao...maybe next time, u might wanna express outside.

re sports
ya, we r always thankful we started N on swimming cos she's like a fish to water. Not afraid of baths or water on face/pouring down from head from baby. But think she's too pampered now, will protest if the water is too cold when we bathe her outside haha

but oso hope to expose her to team sports rather than too much of indiv sports. Too many skills for them to acquire now as they practically start from a blank page but maybe consolidation of skills is impt too.

Prudential CHILDREN FIRST!
Singapore International Festival for Children
www.childrenfirst.com.sg

Anyone has brot ur kids previous years?

Shows that r suitable for our tots & which i'm keen on. Now gotta decide which one. Anyone interested too?

Pyjama Nite
http://www.childrenfirst.com.sg/pj.pdf

N would love this as she's always asking for pj bd parties...but i wonder if this is more suitable for older kids.

In the Garden (age 1 to 4)
http://www.childrenfirst.com.sg/perform_garden.htm

The Magic Teapot (age 3 to 8)
http://www.childrenfirst.com.sg/perform_teapot.htm

Bedtime (age 2 to 5)
http://www.childrenfirst.com.sg/perform_bedtime.htm

Lil Big Shots (age 2 to 12)
http://www.childrenfirst.com.sg/perform_littlebigshots.htm

mt
yes yes, i'm aiming fri morning too cos N doesn't hv to go to cc on Fris. But i'm looking at In the Garden (9.30 am) & Bedtime (11.30 am) on Fri since they r at the same venue. Will go for Lil Big Shots on 7/3 & Magic Teapot on 14/3 (both Sats). Pyjama nite, i'm still undecided hahhaa..think it's a few 10 min items all held in the same venue. Should b quite exciting shuffling ard in their pjs & soft toys hhehehe

anyway we can combine to get family package tix? Hb may not join us as he says if we go without him, can catch more shows hehe. He will probably just wait for us outside the venue on Sat mornings.

If book by 18 Jan will hv 20% early bird discount rite?

mt
bear & chicken go camping sounds interesting but since it's till apr, will decide later. hehehe can listen to feedback from others first.

Cheri
Now coming to 10wks. He will be travelling to Korea and Middle East countries, maybe in March.

Lin
Sha definitely dares not to eat the prawns, haha!

Cupcake
We were supposed to join our friends for Japan skiing last week (they went for a total of 8 days). Too bad I am pregnant so cannot join them, and they keep teasing at me. Said hv to wait another 3-4 yrs before I can bring 2 kids to join them for skiing.

YY
I experienced being a 'dirt biker' when I was in jkt. We went to a mountain and had great fun for a couple of hours.

Pebbles
Oh dear, hope u are much better now.

ya... we can hv family package. 20% before 18jan. only me and zav going for shows as hubby will snore inside!! hahaha

my last 3 shows also all same venue... all at art hse.

then going for magig teapot on 8mar sunday 11am, martha on 15mar sunday 11am, in the garden on 15th mar sunday 5pm.

Friday wld be shadows at 10, flea circus at 11am (since only 15mins) and bedtime at 1130am. Am I mad?? hahahaha still thinking if i shd cut some shows.

Aesop am going on 7th March 7pm and bear/chix am going on 4th april (sun)11am.

catherine chionh,
you are a dishonest seller of the magic school bus dvd; you claim to deliver the disc but when i check with the security guard on your day of the delivery, they say no such incident. you too promised to exchange for the faulty disc that u sold to me but then say oos need to order;
i am just a sahm mum; plse be ethical; no reply from you despite numerous email;
lets speak face to face instead of ignoring my mail.

any kind mum can help me by giving me her contact or address, plse plse; you perfectly understand how you feel ahen you are cheated by bp spree owners

hi joann
welcome to the thread
this is my contact no. 98758259

i just want to let you know that i do that respond very well to threats.

1st of all, i did email u to confirm the receipt of the dvd upon delivery and u did not mention of non receipt.

i promised to do an exchange since i hv a copy for my daughter and i was willing to exchange that 1st then get back to supplier to exchange at my own time.

then suddenly u mention that u did that receive the complete set for your other order.
that i really do not hv stock.
i asked why did not u alert me but i found ur explanation not very convincing.
that u accused me of not telling u the truth abt the stock.

well, i do not do a biz here and i do not keep stocks at home.

u threatened to write to the press and call the police.
i checked with my friend regarding the legal implication and found out that if i had re-send the order it would be a quiet admission that i did not send out the dvd in the very 1st place.
his recommendation was to write on the dvd that it is a complimentary fr me.
i've done that i send out via normal mail as per requested.

i will arrange for the exchange of ur dvd after u have contacted me.

pls be mindful of ur allegation.
it is tantamount to slander.

i have so far:
1. called up singpost for an investigation and got a compensation fr singpost for a mummy when she received her dvd damaged, although i had sent out in good condition.
although it was not under my control after i have mailed it out.

2. tracked down a mummy who had paid up but did not leave her mailing address.

3. send an extra copy to a mummy who claimed that she had received one short when she went to collect at her mum's place(mailing add)

4. exchange a copy for a mummy who claimed that her copy is faulty(although when i took it to play on my player it was ok).

so i do not think that i have been dishonest in my dealings.

hope u enjoy posting on this thread.

Elmo
hey no problem rgdg the oos tee... thanks
happy.gif

Abc
can check which design is ur bumper playmat?
oso ur play yard consists of 4 or 6 panels?

Prawn fishing
hehe dun be mistaken... cay was definitely not patient at all... the reason y we only caught 2 prawns (vs the big bag of prawns caught by an uncle next to us) was bcos he kept pulling up the rod to check if there was any prawn

Hilltop restaurant
ooh din know so many of u oso frequent tat pl!
i find tat its indeed a gem in the ulu west tats y we love gg there
happy.gif

CY
wow congrats!! CH so fast able to roll over liao ah!
kate only managed to roll over last week... but her hand always kena stuck and she wld get all frustrated and start complaining
btw u v gd... still rem the exact date ur kids roll over etc
happy.gif

yfuang
luckily its not too serious... yah must persevere!!

Ester
R still cry when he goes to sch?

Cutie
ooh u back in s'pore le??

Pebbles
omg r u allergic to certain food?? i had goosebumps when u said there r hundreds bumps in ur mouth!! poor thing
sad.gif

Cat
so nice to hv family sports day once a wk!
happy.gif

both me and hb not v outdoorsy kind... but cos recently cay seems so bored stuck at home so we try to bring him out more often

CG
seems like nothing helps to curb ur ms... like wat cutie said... jus ren for another few weeks and hopefully it will get better
btw last time G no need to travel?

Cheri, MT
so many nice shows... but w kate ard difficult to bring cay go watch

Hiya, got back from our 1st day of "school". hee

cheri-
thanks!its edufarm. short 2 hours playgroup at the void deck's rc. good for sid coz there isnt like alot of "lessons". the children basically run ard WILD n play. ha.
yes i think he really needs to be ard other children. he wasnt exactly mxing with anyone, but i was so glad that he wasnt roaring.

lin,abc-
the playmat is so pretty. sid loves to "hang out" at the mat at GWC. haha.

cutie-
yes, all mothers have their unique n special way of imparting knowledge to their children. sid is very disctracted. so the use of flashcards was a good method to get him to stop n look. n he does. we do a fair share of words n pics daily. but his receptive language is really not on par. i give him 2 picture/word or ANY cards to pick, n he hardly ever gets it right. but we laugh it away n give him a big smile n a pat on the back 4 trying coz one day, sid will understand. and even if he doesnt, i just take it as bonding time.

Cutie, Lin
CH not fast lah, most of their first few rolling overs are accidental lah...

Lin, i rem coz cy first rolled over one day before valentines..thought it was a sweet sweet pressie for mummy then....

shauna
you are soo sweet...soemtimes i do get impatient with cy for not focussing, for not being interested etc...i really going to put him off learning one of these days
sad.gif
you are one champion mummy
happy.gif

btw, how's sid's first day in school?

cy
haha when he doesn't wanna focus cld be a signal then he wanna move on to sthg?
y dun u change to sthg else??

shauna
wow! 1st day at sch for sid?
that's great!
be it running wild or watever i am sure he will pick up sthg.
is it an accompanied prog?

ning went to sch today n she cried. said dun wanna go sch wanna stay home with mummy.

i'm exploring cos when ning tandem with daddy kai was left with me when he slept....
when he woke he sat on the booster and all 3 cycled off
i'm thinking if i had to ride with one of them... which we tried and i tandem ning cos i didn't dare to cycle with kai behind me...
kai was with daddy but he cried...
ended up had to push the bike n carry him at the same time...
exploring other options la...

hi joann

i just sent out this morning, to joo chiat.
the exchange i will get my hb to go down to do the exchange with u, as i had promised earlier that it wld be a direct exchange.

i did not respond cos i found it too much when out of the blue u told me u did not receive and i told u very honestly i do not hv any copies left.
i do not do a biz out of the bp so i dun stock up at home.
i did not even hv time to respond then u sent torrent of emails accusing me of being dishonest n changing tune regarding the oos issue.

i did not want to get into heated exchange with u cos i feel that i hv not been dishonest n that the rest of the mummies can vouched for that.

like what u mentioned, this is expensive so i was indeed taken aback when u mentioned u did not receive after such a long lapse.
for the exchange i can give u my daughter's copy then get the faulty ones to show to supplier.
no issue at all.
the non-delivery will be at my own cost.
of cos i was not willing to do it.

my hb sent it on the same day as he did for the one at carpmeal.
he said in the end was an ang mo lady who helped him delivery.

anyway since it was an incident so long ago it is very hard to pursue and get back to those responsible.
so as a goodwill gesture i have sent it out this morning.
but i can tell u honestly, someone out there is holding on to one compete set of The Magic School Bus.
Hope that person's conscience is not pricking at her...

dear mommies,
he did very well for his 1st day. parents can stay in room with child for 1st 3 days n subsequently the kids will be on their own. i think its good to send him to an unaccompanied program, or he will just stick to me n make no progress with social interactions. VERY worried tho since he cant speak or gesture. kept thinking someone is gonna step on his fingers if he starts to crawl on floor(n he's still doing that alot tho he can walk well now) but when i got there, there were a few toddlers crawling ard too.
initially,he was whining and clinging on to me for dear life. but started to walk ard the classroom towards the end of session. he hates stickers btw and wasnt too pleased when the teacher stuck one on his tee shirt. HAHA.
good start!

cg-
what sch is that? so she's going for afternoon half day instead of morning? i'm sure sha will cope well. ") n mommy can get some rest..

cy-
hey dun say that. i think boys are generally less focused.sid cant even sit on a chair. i put him on one, turn ard to take a puzzle n he gets off right away. its hard to get sid's attention. so whatever we can get outta it, is good..

I will like to apologise for my intrusion in this thread.

cat,

thanks for replying. i have no choice but to search for your name and post here. since you do not reply to my mail, do i have a choice ?? i am sure that you are a nice spree organiser but i did not get to see that side of you as you did not reply to my numerous attempt to write to you.

like i explained to you in the mail, i said i rec the dvd which is my copy and the carpmeal one. i didnt check with my fr in joo chiat at that time at all. besides that, you also mentioned that you discovered that the one which is to be delivered to carpmeal disc is still with your hubby, you give him an ultimatum thats why he did it on the wed morning. your delivery is not so prompt so i didnt check with my joo chiat fr so quickly.

i have opt for a normal postage and you choose to deliver with your hubby and now the disc is missing, its natural that you have to be responsible. my friend and i did our part by pursuing with the condo mgt though they deny that anyone remembers the incident. when i ask you for description of the security guard or the person who supposedly pose to be the good neighbour who will pass it on the rightful person, you did not reply at all to help us catch the culprit. How do i think ?? plse pm me the address you mail to avoid any further mistake. FYI, i have paid for my friend and not collected the money yet, thats why i am so upset.

my friend says that there is no ang moh lady in their estate, which is a very small one; you think prob your hubby delivered to the wrong add, there are 2 condos side by side.

I also mentioned in the mail that if we manage to find the disc back we will return to you, didnt I??

MY CONSCIOUS IS CLEAR, I ASSUME YOURS TOO; ITS PROB THAT OF THE NEIGHBOUR THAT IS PRICKING.

i will contact you for the exchange, i do not threat, only stating the fact.

i leave spore end of the month so will like to settle matter amicably.

Thanks for clearing the air

yfuang,cheri
your pre-order items will only arrive on the 16Jan meaning will only mail out around 20thJan. Therefore, all the orders will be held back. What say you?

joann

it's ok.
i was rather shocked that he did pass to someone, a total stranger at that after i asked him.
i was trying to put everything tog but i did not have the exact info at that time.
and when i told u that it was ok to exchange i meant it.
i told u oos, it was also true.
i was really trying to get ard this and try to see what cld be done as the copy i had reserved for my friend was still with me at that time.
i informed her straight away i might need her set to bail me out.
i was just really a bit bu gan xin, cos we all know how ex these things are.
it's true that i shld not hv delivered by hand.
nor for hb to pass to someone, a stranger.
but before i cld get back u started quoting my email that i agreed to exchange then claimed no stock so i was lying.

well... it's really possible to hv no stock n yet do an exchange...

i do not know the whereabout of the dvd now.
i only hope that person is enjoying it.
if it's that neighbour, i hope that she has use fr it.
if not then hopefully she had recycled it as a christmas present instead of throwing it in the bin.

i hope to get u tmr or the day after?
pls let me know when u are available and the convenient time.
and i hope not at carpmeal cos hb said it was v v inconvenient as that stretch is a single lane traffic with super heavy traffic plying the road.

elmo
did u reach the minimum order for ur cleocat? mine is only 1 item so if u've reached without my order, can always cancel mine so that the rest of u dun hv to wait so long.

cg
now that sha's class is in the aftn, wat time will she be taking her nap? should b after class rite? or maybe when ur ms is better, u'll just bring her out after class & let her sleep in the stroller?

shauna
hahah like it when u say the kids hv lots of time to run Wild! great to know that Sid is doing well for his first day. did u share wif the teacher any tips on how to settle or help him learn best?

Back