9 months old baby suddenly refuses food -- Help!!

valebelle

Hi experienced mummies, please help!

My 9 months old baby used to eat 3-4 bowls of blended purees from 5 months to now and we were told we should intro semi-solid to him at 7 or 8 months which we were late.

He now eats only 1 or 1 & half bowl of semi-solid food a day and he refuses to open his mouth when he sees the spoon near.
sad.gif
But he loves the baby biscuits & when we eat fruits, he wants a bite! He hates porridge but likes mee sua and maraconi but his appetite is not consistent everyday!!! It's so stressful feeding him.

Is food refusal normal around this age as I read? Is there any way to increase his interest in eating? I'm worried he's not getting enough nutrients just drinking milk!

He used to be so chubby and it's sad to see he's getting leaner now....

Please help!!! Thanks so much...

I can said it quite same as my daughter during that time. Because baby do observe on what we eat too. If we eat porridge everyday also sian ,right??

So I cook the food and share with her. We eat the same thing and eat together (but different dish). Only her portion need to cook longer to make it soft enough for her. If the meat, veggie, noodle or rice too big or too long, I use spoon to smash it. Normally I gave kwayteaw to her because quite soft.

And I give her spoon to hold, so she can feel that she eat by herself. Don't worry if she make dirty, it's normal.

Hope it will help
happy.gif

Hi. No need to be stressful...
If child do eat solid food, good enough. Not eating enough, give formula milk.

Btw, formula Milk is a good way to supplement a child when he/she didn't have a well-balanced diet.

Like beworkz said: children do get sian of eating same food everyday...just like adults too.
happy.gif
)

They do grow out of their chubby baby fat eventually...
happy.gif

Back