6 weeks yolk sac no baby yet

assafie90

Hi guys,

I'm currently kinda worried cause I went to see the doctor when I was just 6 weeks cause I was having brown spotting and I had an ultrasound but the doctor only manage to see a yolk sac and no baby. And she said something like hmm 6 weeks we should be able to see a baby. She asked to come back next 2 weeks for a scan again. Have any of you guys experienced this before?

Hi guys,

I'm currently kinda worried cause I went to see the doctor when I was just 6 weeks cause I was having brown spotting and I had an ultrasound but the doctor only manage to see a yolk sac and no baby. And she said something like hmm 6 weeks we should be able to see a baby. She asked to come back next 2 weeks for a scan again. Have any of you guys experienced this before?
Me too... empty sac

Hi guys,

Hello, please do not panic. Continue to take good care of yourself ya. If you do not feel confident or comfy with this doctor, i suggest you ask your close friend/family/relative to reccommend you another gynac that they have personally use before for a 2nd opinion.

All the best

Hello, please do not panic. Continue to take good care of yourself ya. If you do not feel confident or comfy with this doctor, i suggest you ask your close friend/family/relative to reccommend you another gynac that they have personally use before for a 2nd opinion.

All the best
Hello. Thank you so much for your reply. Yeah I'm going to get a second opinion just to be sure and at least put me to ease.

hi assafie90, did your doctor do an ultrasound scan through your tummy or a through a transvaginal scan?

If it was thru your tummy (transabdominal), chances are you may not be able to see the baby yet at 6 weeks. I also only saw a sac at 6 weeks but later saw baby and heartbeat when I went for a subsequent scan at 8 weeks.

Another possibility is that you may have ovulated late, so even though you are 6 weeks along according to your last menses, baby may not have developed to that stage yet (maybe still at 5 weeks+).

I'd say try not to worry if you don't have any major bleeding issues and just follow up with another scan at 8 weeks.

hi assafie90, did your doctor do an ultrasound scan through your tummy or a through a transvaginal scan?

If it was thru your tummy (transabdominal), chances are you may not be able to see the baby yet at 6 weeks. I also only saw a sac at 6 weeks but later saw baby and heartbeat when I went for a subsequent scan at 8 weeks.

Another possibility is that you may have ovulated late, so even though you are 6 weeks along according to your last menses, baby may not have developed to that stage yet (maybe still at 5 weeks+).

I'd say try not to worry if you don't have any major bleeding issues and just follow up with another scan at 8 weeks.

Hi KHee,
She did a transvaginal scan. But I think I was still early. I thought I was at 6 weeks but realise I could actually be 5 weeks plus. I went to SGH for another scan and manage to see the baby with a heartbeat and realized I was only 6 weeks 3 days when I thought I was 7 weeks. Have another appointment this coming tuesday hopefully the baby is progressing well!

Hi KHee,
She did a transvaginal scan. But I think I was still early. I thought I was at 6 weeks but realise I could actually be 5 weeks plus. I went to SGH for another scan and manage to see the baby with a heartbeat and realized I was only 6 weeks 3 days when I thought I was 7 weeks. Have another appointment this coming tuesday hopefully the baby is progressing well!

That's wonderful news! Wishing us both a smooth pregnancy journey then :) :) :)

Back