2WW - for those TTC-ing

No problem with 5mg. All my gynaes I've seen before prescribed 5mg. Best to check with your own doc.
Okay, forget to add that pregnant ladies need more folic, but i think it depends on each individual's health to determine the dosage required..
well,we just listen to what the doc think is the best for us bah...

Hi all, been silently reading n not participating Cuz I've nothing much to say. But today, I'm overwhelmed with emotions about ttc. It has been 15 months and I'm still waiting.. :( am I the longest wait here? :(

No you're not. I've been ttcing since mid 2012. Many women have been waiting much longer than you're. Hope good luck knocks on your door soon.

Hi all, been silently reading n not participating Cuz I've nothing much to say. But today, I'm overwhelmed with emotions about ttc. It has been 15 months and I'm still waiting.. :( am I the longest wait here? :(
Oh I rem u! So how did all ur tests go at kkh? Did u decide to do iui or ivf or just try naturally?

Oh I rem u! So how did all ur tests go at kkh? Did u decide to do iui or ivf or just try naturally?

I didn't proceed w further tests after the initial ones. Decided to continue trying naturally Cuz hubby thinks if the initial tests R fine then we should be safe. Feeling so lost and tired of this

Hi veromon, I am about the same as you. I hope my IVF won't keep getting delayed as my doc was on annual leave twice and each time appointment was pushed back many weeks! I am getting disheartened ...

Oh oceandeep so when is your coming AF and is that the cycle you will start your jab? Long or short protocol?

Hi veromon, I am about the same as you. I hope my IVF won't keep getting delayed as my doc was on annual leave twice and each time appointment was pushed back many weeks! I am getting disheartened ...

Hi ocean, what led you to go with IVF? I'm considering medical intervention instead of natural but DH feels that we can wait a while more. I'm getting impatient. Can't possibly be so difficult to get preg if my body is ok w natural means right? Haha

Hi ladies .. I have been having pre af alike cramps since yesterday. It comes and go .. but the cramps are really uncomfortable and more intense compared to those in earlier days and mkes me feel nausea ..lower abdomen feels very full .. im 8dpiui .. does that signify no hopes this time round?

Hi ocean, what led you to go with IVF? I'm considering medical intervention instead of natural but DH feels that we can wait a while more. I'm getting impatient. Can't possibly be so difficult to get preg if my body is ok w natural means right? Haha

To wait or not depends on your age too. If u are young yes u afford to try naturally longer but bear in mind success rate drop as u age. By the time u are ready maybe your reserve has dropped n won't even be a good candidate for ivf. Sorry not to scare u but I myself regret starting late so I always encourage ppl to seek help early if possible.

There is nothing wrong with medical intervention and even doing Iui or ivf with perfect condition also may not guarantee success.

For some ppl natural cannot work could be your egg shell too hard n need assisted hatching for sperm to penetrate through. Or your egg quality is not good and thus not able to turn blasto and therefore no implantation. Or sperm cannot bind to the egg and need ICSI to help. It can also be your womb condition. Many factors.

hopeful, everyone is different and I've learnt that after years of ttc, no symptoms are a guarantee until end of 2ww. Try not to read into your body too much for the meantime. Relaxation is important.

To wait or not depends on your age too. If u are young yes u afford to try naturally longer but bear in mind success rate drop as u age. By the time u are ready maybe your reserve has dropped n won't even be a good candidate for ivf. Sorry not to scare u but I myself regret starting late so I always encourage ppl to seek help early if possible.

There is nothing wrong with medical intervention and even doing Iui or ivf with perfect condition also may not guarantee success.

For some ppl natural cannot work could be your egg shell too hard n need assisted hatching for sperm to penetrate through. Or your egg quality is not good and thus not able to turn blasto and therefore no implantation. Or sperm cannot bind to the egg and need ICSI to help. It can also be your womb condition. Many factors.

Thank you jumbo. :) I wanna try IVF/ iui but I gotta convince DH. I'm already 30 this year :(

Oh oceandeep so when is your coming AF and is that the cycle you will start your jab? Long or short protocol?
Hi redvel,my menses should come anytime now and my appt to see my gynae will be somewhere during cd13-14. Likely to be long protocol coz last appt with gynae few months back she did mention. Really hope no further delay coz so hard to plan my leaves with many unknowns!

Hi veromon, I tried so-iui once and didn't think of doing iui again. Due to my age and hb's SA , I think most appropriate for IVF. Tried natural for more than a year with no good news so have to resort to IVF.

Hi veromon, I tried so-iui once and didn't think of doing iui again. Due to my age and hb's SA , I think most appropriate for IVF. Tried natural for more than a year with no good news so have to resort to IVF.

Hi ocean, how old are you this year? And have u started ivf? U took govt subsidy?

Me old aunty le 37 so not harbouring high hopes. No, hope to start jabbing next month coz mine is long protocol so I believe March then can do the procedure. Yes, will be eligible for govt subsidy.

Me old aunty le 37 so not harbouring high hopes. No, hope to start jabbing next month coz mine is long protocol so I believe March then can do the procedure. Yes, will be eligible for govt subsidy.
Do u mind sharing What's the diff between long and short protocol?

Sorry actually I don't really know despite attending the counseling session. I only know doc told me I need to jab for 4 or 6 weeks if go for long protocol?!

Hi All, just want to share, if possible try to take red dates longan tea twice a week and hong chao ji 红曹鸡 once every 1 or 2 weeks with regular exercise like slow jog will help. I gave up temping for months. And I started to go for slow jog with the red dates longan tea and hong chao ji, surprisingly I got bfp with just 1 bd during nov. And a relaxing mind also impt too..
Hi dear, have been a silent reader.. of this thread. Was just wondering if u meant takinv lrd twice a wk thruout the month? Or just aft AF, before O. Sorry abit blur blur.

Hi dear, have been a silent reader.. of this thread. Was just wondering if u meant takinv lrd twice a wk thruout the month? Or just aft AF, before O. Sorry abit blur blur.
hi... I took it through out the month.. but that's for me as my body type belongs to heaty... if your body type is cooling type u might want to take more times per week...

Pls dun get me wrong. Not generalising that women past 35 all can't bfp easily. Also have seen a number of women past 35 more fertile than women a decade younger than them! Besides my age, I am also overweight so that's double whammy for me.

Im so down! Im 9dpiui and im having alot of pms. Just when I called kkh earlier to confirm the pms crampings r the norm due to oral progesterone ..I got a zit at the chin! The usual spot where I always get zit prior to or during mensus:( where got so qiao ... im praying hard af wont arrive

Fann popped at 43 and Tjin Lee just announced her preggie news at 41 :)

For sure more challenging for not so young women but still hopeful.

I don't know if I am 8 or 10dpo today but if af comes, I will buy something nice for myself. Shopping therapy is my jam.

Haa. Good luck to the rest of 2ww-ers.

So discouraging.. It's just AF after AF each month. It has been 13 months.. When am I going to see my bfp? Hubby was disappointed he casually said his hopes dashed again this month.. My heart just broke :(

Veromon, we all know it's a tough journey. Many women take much longer than that. Me being one of them. What I'm saying is everyone's journey is different and sometimes all is needed is perseverance.

So you can do HSG this cycle already?

Dun gv up veromom... Jiayooo! Some MTBs trying for years. Will this be your 1st baby if u bfp?

Yes this is my first. I really 日盼夜盼. To think I didn't want kids in the past. Is this your first too? I'm super discouraged.. Why is it that other people have kids so easily??

Veromon, we all know it's a tough journey. Many women take much longer than that. Me being one of them. What I'm saying is everyone's journey is different and sometimes all is needed is perseverance.

So you can do HSG this cycle already?

My consultation is in early feb but I'm unsure if I can do HSG on that day or if I need another appt. If do HSG, would it interfere w bd?

This my 2nd preg. My 1st was late as well, around 2 years to conceive him... my 2nd around 3 yrs to conceive. ya true to Redvel, all preg journeys diff. and many women out there need to wait for many years then can get the good news. just like my sister. she waited 12 years. now she's a mother of 2 girls :)

This my 2nd preg. My 1st was late as well, around 2 years to conceive him... my 2nd around 3 yrs to conceive. ya true to Redvel, all preg journeys diff. and many women out there need to wait for many years then can get the good news. just like my sister. she waited 12 years. now she's a mother of 2 girls :)
Wah 12 yrs is amazing... naturally conceived?

Yes this is my first. I really 日盼夜盼. To think I didn't want kids in the past. Is this your first too? I'm super discouraged.. Why is it that other people have kids so easily??
I'm also the impatient type so I know how u feel but if I can advise u... try to indulge in some hobbies /exercise to take ur mind off ttc. If u keep dwelling on it u will feel worse. Look around u and see what ur already blessed with, spend more time with those pple u love, and just try to make ur life not just abt ttc.

Wah 12 yrs is amazing... naturally conceived?

Yes, natural. Since 1st year gynae says both herself and husband nothing wrong. Its just about matter of time. My sister once told me, if up there (Heaven) want to give, He will give. Just have faith in Him.

Comparison is our worst enemy.

Veromon, Hsg will be done after af cleared and before ovulation. Doc told me bd as normal. No worries.

I don't think you will be scheduled Hsg right there. Need to book a theatre for the procedure.

helo everyone

Im new to this forum and hope to learn from all of you!

im 26 this year and my periods are always irregular. usually abt 40+ days. have used cheapo ovulation tests so many times but never saw 2 lines of the same darkness though i see 2 lines of diff darkness. have tried conceive well too.

sigh.. dunno whats wrong! when is a good time to consult a gynae?

helo everyone

Im new to this forum and hope to learn from all of you!

im 26 this year and my periods are always irregular. usually abt 40+ days. have used cheapo ovulation tests so many times but never saw 2 lines of the same darkness though i see 2 lines of diff darkness. have tried conceive well too.

sigh.. dunno whats wrong! when is a good time to consult a gynae?

i tried using cheapo OPK too, never able to get 2 lines of the same darkness... so i'm using clearblue ovulation kit, either smiley face or no smiley face..
for me, i went to gynae after TTC for a yr, now on clomid...

icic you used clearblue ovulation monitor b4? wondering whether to get one. very costly
nope..coz i dun find the needs to be so accurate... agar agar know when BD should be sufficient... even you can BD on actual O day, if sperm no meet egg, also useless :(

you can get it at amazon.com, includes free international shipping...

icic you used clearblue ovulation monitor b4? wondering whether to get one. very costly
Just buy the clear blue easy ovulation kit with smiley face indicator. Those are more sensitive. If ur using cheap opk, make sure ur urine is concentrated (wait 4 hours between pees ) and test twice daily because those easy to miss a surge.

I feel cheapo opk is not for everyone. If you've used for many cycles and no dark line, time to try those digital ones. Or see a gynae. So far im ok with the cheapos.

Back