2WW - for those TTC-ing

Stoneystoney: enjoy ur trip?

mshoon: at least you can move on since AF is here already. Jiayou. i am still waiting for mine. Ai...

I think this cycle also gone case liao.. all preg symptoms subsided. left with a bit of bloatness and spotting. :( going to pop another tablet of folic acid.

Maerceci, remember to continue to take folic acid daily:)

But think of nowadays pple marry late also. I got frenz start having no 1 in their 30s also la...
Anyway, just try lor.

angel_mummy: yup i took it! Thanks for the reminder. ;)

Started having mild cramps late in the morning. Sian. AF probably will come very soon

Angel mummy,

Pardon my ignorance, how u know u need to do laparoscopy? Thru scans?

Earlier this year, I experienced more than the usual discomfort on the first day of menses twice (dec 2012 and jan 2013), I find a bit unusual .. So when I went for my Pap smear , I told gyne and she did an intravaginal scan and saw a clear cyst. Have been monitoring the growth of the cyst this year. Gyne said to continue to TTC.. But have been unsuccessful. So when I went back for review in Oct, gyne saw the cyst has grown.. Not a huge jump in growth but slowly .. She also saw two other smaller blood cysts. And in view that I have TTC for 6 months and more without success, she advise to remove them . So gotta do laparoscopy . During laparoscopy , she also cleared away the scar tissues at the back of my womb and checked my tubes to see if there are any blockage . Eradicated the endometriosis cysts and removed the clear cyst. Not good to leave the cysts inside since they are growing slowly .. My fren's blood cyst ruptured. So I am
Worried that mine will ruptured since it has been inside my ovary for a year plus liao.. That's my story. My case is really bo bian.. Have to go under knife .

Firstly, I wish all of the ladies here, happy holidays!
May you and your family be blessed with joy and peace!!!

Secondly, my AF officially reported for duty just before midnight. #@$#$^%%$^!#$!@#@#%$^$%

Emily, I wish I'm pregnant now but no, i am not.. Did my laparoscopy last month.. Now recuperating. But gyne asked me to continue to take folic acid daily.. Ideally, she said should take folic acid at least 3 months before TTC .. During my first pregnancy, before I even TTC, gyne already prescribed folic acid 3-4 months before. So I took folic acid faithfully daily. So you can jus take daily.. :) the one I bought from
Guardian pharmacy is exactly the one that my gyne prescribed. My fren's GP also prescribed the same type. Very cheap but good enough.View attachment 161330

Thanks angel_mommy

Good luck to all of us, and hope we can leave this chat and move on!

2013-12-24-17-24-22_deco.jpg
Merry Christmas to all my fellow comrades on this TTC path! May we all have a cute bb in our arms this time next year!! :D

Merry Christmas , ladies !

Been busy for past few days and also on recovery mode !
Surgery over and hopefully thing is getting better !
Trying to control my diet and taking things easy and slow

Angel mommy,
Thanks I am also in recovery mode , not so much of pain but discomfort and hor I am still having Red discharge ... Abit like mense but with blood cot , been a few days, is it normal ??

Angel mommy,
Thanks I am also in recovery mode , not so much of pain but discomfort and hor I am still having Red discharge ... Abit like mense but with blood cot , been a few days, is it normal ??

Hi pooh, glad your surgery is over:) after my surgery, the gyne told me I will have a bit of red or brown discharge for a few days. For me, since my gyne operated on my left ovary only( she didn't operate on uterus and right ovary), so I have a little bit of red charge on 1st day (very little, more like spotting ), them subsequently is jus brown discharge (very little too, more like spotting too). Then after that no more brown or red discharge. Then after two days, it was around the date when I should have my AF, I had my menses cos it was red flow exactly like my usual menses .
Don't worry, light bleeding should be normal. I didn't have blood clot those few days during post-op recovery but if you are feeling any unusual pain or if u are concern, can Ask gyne during your next post-op review with him which should be one week after surgery. Don't worry:) have plenty of rest and go slow .. Don't carry heavy things:)

hi all I did my laparoscopy on 21st oct. cos menses back flow . unknown why it backflow. my kkh doc give me 6mths to ttc. but till now no sign of AF.. it pass 2 mths..

hi all I did my laparoscopy on 21st oct. cos menses back flow . unknown why it backflow. my kkh doc give me 6mths to ttc. but till now no sign of AF.. it pass 2 mths..

Hi Janet, when you went back for gyne's review, did you tell your gyne about your AF not here yet? Wat did your gyne suggest? Before that, is your AF regular and rather accurate?

Maerceci: Any updates? Hope you will BFP k???

I feel that my period for the past few months have been quite weird ever since I started TTC.
Like for this cycle, I totally have no cramps at all. Nothing.
I'll usually have cramps and backaches on the first 2-3days.
But there's nothing this time round. Feels as if I'm in the 4-5day of the cycle but I'm only in my 2nd.

Any ladies here experienced this?

hi Whinypooh

I dun hve cramps prior menses too, only mild mild heavy-like feel on my tummy on the 1st day of menses itself... I dunno how true, but I read that those with little or no pms symptoms r less fertile... and I m those who literally hve NO pms symptoms!!! No cramp (even if I take cold drinks like coke before/during menses), no tender boobs, no breakout etc...

like that, damn chump (惨) liao

hi Whinypooh

I dun hve cramps prior menses too, only mild mild heavy-like feel on my tummy on the 1st day of menses itself... I dunno how true, but I read that those with little or no pms symptoms r less fertile... and I m those who literally hve NO pms symptoms!!! No cramp (even if I take cold drinks like coke before/during menses), no tender boobs, no breakout etc...

like that, damn chump (惨) liao

I usually will have cramps in the first few days of period.
Just this cycle no pain no nothing. o_O
My period will sometimes last like 4 days then will have brown discharge for another 3-4days.
Been weird ever since I TTC.
But I had been on pills about 1 yr ago for like 1 yr plus.
Might have been affected by it.

I usually will have cramps in the first few days of period.
Just this cycle no pain no nothing. o_O
My period will sometimes last like 4 days then will have brown discharge for another 3-4days.
Been weird ever since I TTC.
But I had been on pills about 1 yr ago for like 1 yr plus.
Might have been affected by it.

Whiny pooh, I was also on pills for two years after I gave birth to my boy.. But was off pills for more than a year b4 we thought of TTC .. I regretted taking pills lor.. Maybe that kinda affected my fertility after that too.. :(

Btw, I was like you, before laparoscopy , period last for about 4 days then have brown discharge for about 3 days then slowly no more discharge. I always think it is very normal until I told my gyne when I went to see her regarding my cysts.. She said not good to have brown discharge after menses for so many days .. My fren 's TCM also said not good. But TCM managed to help her regulate that. After my laparoscopy , (after gotten rid of my clear cyst and two blood cysts), when I had my AF, the brown discharge that I usually get after menses ending is very brief.. Finish Within a day and very light. Not much. I can see the difference this time. If u are seeing your TCM ,maybe can let your doc know:) if she finds that your body is okie, then at least you can have a peace of mind :) jus my 3 cents of thought.

Whiny pooh, I was also on pills for two years after I gave birth to my boy.. But was off pills for more than a year b4 we thought of TTC .. I regretted taking pills lor.. Maybe that kinda affected my fertility after that too.. :(

Btw, I was like you, before laparoscopy , period last for about 4 days then have brown discharge for about 3 days then slowly no more discharge. I always think it is very normal until I told my gyne when I went to see her regarding my cysts.. She said not good to have brown discharge after menses for so many days .. My fren 's TCM also said not good. But TCM managed to help her regulate that. After my laparoscopy , (after gotten rid of my clear cyst and two blood cysts), when I had my AF, the brown discharge that I usually get after menses ending is very brief.. Finish Within a day and very light. Not much. I can see the difference this time. If u are seeing your TCM ,maybe can let your doc know:) if she finds that your body is okie, then at least you can have a peace of mind :) jus my 3 cents of thought.

Thanks Angel_mommy!
I really didn't know that it's not normal~
How did you discover about the cysts?

but but my friend who gets off the pill got preggy super fast... think diff body react differently, and angel_mommy dun worry la, I dun think pills actually affect fertility....

beside u r in the all clear aft ur ops, so shld hve gd news pretty soon

but but my friend who gets off the pill got preggy super fast... think diff body react differently, and angel_mommy dun worry la, I dun think pills actually affect fertility....

beside u r in the all clear aft ur ops, so shld hve gd news pretty soon

yar i think it's coz of the hormonal changes.. usually doc will rec getting off pill for a couple of months prior to ttc... but tt is just on average lah... pills dun affect fertility, just screws up the hormones... so as long as your body has everything regulated and back to normal, you're good ot go! :)

hey i noticed there was a bunch of discussions regarding recommended amt of FA to take... although it's true FA is water soluble, there are still some side effects to it... so don't anyhow overdose either...

High doses of folic acid might cause abdominal cramps, diarrhea, rash, sleep disorders, irritability, confusion, nausea, stomach upset, behavior changes, skin reactions, seizures, gas, excitability, and other side effects.

There is some concern that taking too much folic acid for a long period of time might cause serious side effects. Some research suggests that taking folic acid in doses of 800-1200 mcg might increase the risk of heart attack in people who have heart problems. Other research suggests that taking these high doses might also increase the risk of cancer such as lung or prostate cancer.

Don't take more than 400 mcg per day unless directed by your healthcare provider.
(Taken from http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...edientId=1017&activeIngredientName=FOLIC ACID)

hey i noticed there was a bunch of discussions regarding recommended amt of FA to take... although it's true FA is water soluble, there are still some side effects to it... so don't anyhow overdose either...

High doses of folic acid might cause abdominal cramps, diarrhea, rash, sleep disorders, irritability, confusion, nausea, stomach upset, behavior changes, skin reactions, seizures, gas, excitability, and other side effects.

There is some concern that taking too much folic acid for a long period of time might cause serious side effects. Some research suggests that taking folic acid in doses of 800-1200 mcg might increase the risk of heart attack in people who have heart problems. Other research suggests that taking these high doses might also increase the risk of cancer such as lung or prostate cancer.

Don't take more than 400 mcg per day unless directed by your healthcare provider.
(Taken from http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1017-FOLIC ACID.aspx?activeIngredientId=1017&activeIngredientName=FOLIC ACID)
wah thanks for the study. I had 3 miscarriages and 2chem pregnancies before, so dr prescribed, 10mg for me daily. hope to improve and help. lol some research also says easier to get twins.

wah i also want twins! i want to have 4 kids.. so twins will halve the "trouble"... lol... but my family history no twins... so probably fat hope >.<

Thanks Angel_mommy!
I really didn't know that it's not normal~
How did you discover about the cysts?

That is what my gyne told me.. She said not so good. About my cyst, I first experienced pain on first day of menses twice , once in dec 2012 and another time in Jan 2013. Told gyne then she did an intravaginal scan for me and saw the clear cyst at my left ovary. Then along the way, during the follow up scan in Oct, saw another two blood cysts in the left ovary too .. That few months, I experienced brown discharge when menses ending .. Brown discharge lasted for 3-4 days..

(Taken from http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...edientId=1017&activeIngredientName=FOLIC ACID)

Thanks for sharing.. My gyne prescribe 5mg folic acid .. My frens' gyne too.. Most of them also same dosage.. How much a dosage did your gyne prescribe to you?

wa.. serious ah.. didn't know folic acid so scary.. oh no, I took 1 tab of folic acid together with pre nat pills.. and my pre nats pills also contains folic acid...

the folic acid I took also prescribed by doc, think its the standard 5mg like wat angel mommy said.. then I took that together with 2 pre nats pills daily.. and the pre nat also contain folic acid...

oh man.. so how??

Back