2WW - for those TTC-ing

I'm thinking of doing a pre pregnancy check up with a gynae.. But I donno what are the things I should expect during the check up.. Anyone with experience in here care to share?

Thanks GBOB.. This cycle also no hope coz I'll be on biz travelling during my O days!!!!! Arrghhh!!! It's sianz to the max!!!

Good morning ladies
happy.gif
happy.gif

I am new here. Just started TTCing yesterday.

I have a 25 months girl, had miscarriage 2 times before having her. After seeing the Marine Parade Sensei for 6 months after my 2nd m/c, I was pregnant with Alexis and gave born to her at full term.

Now ttcing for no.2. Just went queue up to see my sensei last sat, then he said we can ttc on 6-8 Jan, hubby will need to drink the medicine on sun. That was fast for us. So just started taking GNC prenatal vits and folic acid, cut off my coffee and tea.

Sticky baby dust to all
happy.gif
happy.gif
Jia You
happy.gif
happy.gif

Gals, morning!

<table border=1><tr><td>updated on 7 Jan 2013</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>last AF</TD><TD>O day</TD><TD>CD/DPO</TD><TD>Avg cycle length </TD></TR><TR><TD>Anastasia</TD><TD>19-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD20</TD><TD>30 to 40 </TD></TR><TR><TD>alice</TD><TD>5-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD64</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Annie Chan</TD><TD>27-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD12</TD><TD>28 to 30 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bbz_rainbowz</TD><TD>11-Nov</TD><TD>3-Jan</TD><TD>CD58</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>energeticsnake</TD><TD>16-Oct</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD82</TD><TD>25 to 26 </TD></TR><TR><TD>faith</TD><TD>27-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD12</TD><TD>26 to 34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>GBOB</TD><TD>20-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD19</TD><TD>27 </TD></TR><TR><TD>jas</TD><TD>16-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD23</TD><TD>31 to 33 </TD></TR><TR><TD>jhw</TD><TD>21-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD18</TD><TD>34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>joce</TD><TD>30-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD39</TD><TD>33 to 34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>JV</TD><TD>5-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD34</TD><TD>35 </TD></TR><TR><TD>May 25</TD><TD>18-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD21</TD><TD>32 to 35 </TD></TR><TR><TD>maomi</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD38</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>min81</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD29</TD><TD>31 to 34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pinjie</TD><TD>3-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD36</TD><TD>33 to 37 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pooh85</TD><TD>1-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD7</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>reikohopes</TD><TD>30-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD9</TD><TD>28 to 30 </TD></TR><TR><TD>shery</TD><TD>5-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD34</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shiying41</TD><TD>10-Nov</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD59</TD><TD>30 to 34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>winkle</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD3</TD><TD>24 to 28 </TD></TR><TR><TD>xiaohuiis</TD><TD>2-Jan</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD6</TD><TD>33 to 42 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zhuzhu</TD><TD>13-Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD>CD26</TD><TD>32 to 35 </TD></TR><TR><TD>babykk</TD><TD>8-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>*graduated* ^__^</TD><TD>30 to 35 </TD></TR><TR><TD>berries</TD><TD>25-Oct</TD><TD></TD><TD>*graduated* ^__^</TD><TD>28 to 30 </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy-mrs</TD><TD>24-Jul</TD><TD></TD><TD>*graduated* ^__^</TD><TD>33 </TD></TR><TR><TD>love16</TD><TD>18-Jul</TD><TD></TD><TD>*graduated* ^__^</TD><TD>31 to 33 </TD></TR><TR><TD>shan</TD><TD>10-Jun</TD><TD></TD><TD>*graduated* ^__^</TD><TD>33 to 35 </TD></TR><TR><TD>shirley</TD><TD>3-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>*graduated* ^__^</TD><TD>24 to 29 </TD></TR><TR><TD>TTCing</TD><TD>13-Nov</TD><TD>28-Nov</TD><TD>*graduated* ^__^</TD><TD>33 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi welcome Stefie!!

I was at marine parade tcm ytd. was there before 8.30 but already got 20+ couples in front of us. i even told DH tat this tcm is like fertility doctor. haha..
Btw, uncle chan (tcm) read my right pulse said that i have ovulated on the 31st. i got my smiley on 1st Jan. Though he mayb right i ovulated, but how would he know which date by reading the pulse? keke..
i asked him about the low SA and he said it does not matter, cos men sperms reproduce every other day, probably tat day was too tired or stress, tat would also affect it.
he gave me one pack of med to brew and one box of bai feng wan. intitally dun wan to buy bai feng wan from him cos its so ex, $30 per box leh. But he say its his grandfather remedy, different from EYS, aot of pple took it and conceived, so bo bian lor. But actually it seems like manufactured in factory leh. but nvm la, as long as it helps..

Min, uncle chan said that can drink chicken essence twice or thrice a week, but must be ard 5-6 days after ovulation. cos ytd was the 6th, already past 5 days, so can drink liao.

Thanks Kitkat for the warm welcome
happy.gif
happy.gif

I went on sat 12.45pm, waited till 5pm. Really very very long queue.

Dr Chan is very good at catching our 'O'. I tiao with him for 6 months cos my cycle went haywire for 1 month, so delay my TTC, once he said go ahead, I was pregnant with Alexis.

It may takes alot of factors to be pregnant, of course needs to be happy, positive and enjoy the whole ttcing process.

Just buy from him lah, he only charged for herbs and no consultation fee.

The chicken essence is very bu, once pregnant, every week needs to drink once IIRC.

then 2nd trimester will be cordyceps and birdnest on alternate week.

When delivery Alexis, my water bag is so thick till my gynae had hard time breaking it, btw I was induced cos Alexis is almost over 40 weeks.

Just do what Dr Chan says lah. His is very good at taking pulse.

The medicine my hubby took, really warm him up and fastern his heart beat. Ha!! ha!!!

Baby dust to you
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi xiaohuiis, my initial gynae was Dr Ang from Mt E, cos her clinic is at Raffles place. I went to her to do pap smear n other checkup. but after tat, i find that her clinic assistant service and her reviews on forum not so good so i switched to another gynae, Dr. Wong at Tampines recommended by my fren. he is really friendly and nice guy.

Kitkat,

Thanks for updating the table
happy.gif

Ya it seems like dr chan is pretty accurate at predicting ovulation.. This mth i used ovulation strips.. I thought i had ovulated late at CD20 cos normally ard CD17-18.. But after that, noticed that he did write on my 'calendar' that i'll be ovulating CD20.. Oops i did not wait till 5 days after O-day to start chicken essence.. Started quite early.. Hehe.. Hope it's ok..

Stefie, kitkat,

Happened to drive past the tcm clinic on sat afternoon and the queue was real long.. I went on a wkday recently so was ok.. If i go on sat/sun, will reach at like 7.15-7.30 so that can be first few.. Hehe..

Min81, no wonder. cos my hubby wanted to ask the first person wad time they arrive liao.. cos he say, if we come at 7+, wait onli less den 2 hours, but we came at 8+, so wait 5 hours +. super bo hua. hopefully next round when i see him will b gd news. when he saw me and consulted my card, he said, pregnant already? i said nope. den he say did not form.

Min, no worries;);) got take better than none
happy.gif
happy.gif

Yeah, Dr Chan really good, he just feel the pulse, then said we can try tomorrow cos I ovulate liao. True enough, yesterday started having watery discharge. No need to use strips
happy.gif
happy.gif

kitkat, sticky baby dust to you. It needs good eggs and good sperm to get pregnant, soon lah. Be positive
happy.gif
happy.gif

Stefie,

Hehe.. Okie.. My hubby see me take the chicken essence also salivating.. Will make extra portion for him today
happy.gif

Ask u ah, dr chan always write out the cycle calendar for us right.. He'll indicate the wk where we shld BD.. After that wk pass, still can BD? Last time hubby and i just continue to BD.. This time, we thought we'll follow the calendar, stop BD after the wk..

Kitkat,

Hope next time we go and see him is to ask how to bu for pregnancy
happy.gif
All the best!!

Wow, this Dr Chan that you gals have been talking about sounds like a miracle doctor for those of us TTC. But his waiting time is soooo long!

I had 2 days of +ve OPK this cycle on Sat and Sun, so I think I'm now officially in my 2ww. Don't know how I can tahan these 2 weeks. Today is only day 1 of 2ww and I'm already so nervous about it. Need something to take my mind off this! I really hope I strike this time. Today is me and DH 7th wedding anniversay. If we strike, this will be the best present!

Just to check, for the chicken essence that is taken 5-6 days after O, can we take the normal Brands type? Or better to cook from raw chicken ourselves?

And what is IIRC?

Winkle>> I went for a pre-conception checkup with my gynae before I TTC #1. Back then, she did a ultrasound and a vaginal scan to check the size of my womb and size of my eggs. And because my cycles vary in length, she told me to have unprotected sex alternate days starting from CD14 -- she said in this way, we will be able to capture the fertile winodw. And then she said come back to see her if still haven't conceived after 1 year. She said 1 year, cos I was 27 years old back then. I think if you're 35 and above, the cut off is 6 mths.

Hi Anastasia, Dr. Chan is like fertility doctor. haha.. u can go look for him from wed to fri, 8+ in the morning. dun need queue for hours, onli less den one hour.
we cook pure chicken essence using chicken breast without any water added.
we are almost cycle buddies.. go download games on iphone to occupy yourself. i m addicted to candy crush &amp; bingo now!

Min, my expected af is on the 17/18 jan, so he say stop bd one week before which is ard 11/12 jan.. Gd luck to u too! hope we all strike!

All the best to all sisters here. Wah this dr chan sounds so power leh! Too bad I Dnt drive. May I know if there's any mrt station near his clinic ah?

Oh yah, for those of you using OPKs, you may wish to note that the CB smiley OPKs are more sensitive than the strip ones (at least the ones that I'm using -- I think it's called One Step brand).

Cos I did an "experiment" this cycle. I tested using both CB and strip OPKs. For both days of my +ve OPK, I tested 4 times (I know, crazy rite? Haha!) And on each day, one test using the strip OPK will show a slightly fainter control line, while I still get a smiley face on my CB. So if I were to be using only strip OPK, I would have interpreted it as a -ve OPK.

Can someone teach me how to post and resize the pictures from my iphone? I've got the pictures in my iphone and would wanna share them with you all.

Kitkat,

My expected af is 12/13 jan.. But hor, i don't have any feeling leh.. Haiz.. Last 2 days dunno why tummy ache (very rare for me).. And end up a bit of diarrhoea yesterday.. Still trying to be positive..

Anastasia,

If really busy, drink brands essence also can.. But dr chan said the home made one is much more 'potent', 1 small portion is like equivalent of 6 bottles of brands..

Are u able to edit the photos on ur phone? You crop the photo until the size is small enough.. Then u go to 'upload attachment'.. From there, u'll be prompted with instructions..

Gbob, u can take mrt to paya lebar den take bus 76 and alight at parkway parade den i dun know how to instruct u to walk le. cos my hubby used to stay there so he's quite familiar with the area. if we staying at mil place, we take bus den walk. its near ntuc finest.

Min81, b positive. no symptoms does not mean anything. u can start to test next fri le!

Anastasia, i tested on 31st jan nite using strips and it clearly gave me +ve opk. but i not sure if i use CB the same nite, will it give me the results? den next morning use CB smiley oso +ve. Normally i use CB in the morning n strips at nite.. haha.. veri ks..

min81>> Thanks! Later I will try and upload the pics. And I agree with kitkat -- no symptoms does not mean anything. For my #2, I had no symptoms prior to detecting +ve HPT too. I don't even have the classic sore boobs before ovulation and when preggie!

Hi ladies, wow looks like the thread is moving fast today ya! ;)

Welcome Stefie! ;)

Kitkat: thanks for the updates! For the Hm cooked chicken essence need to boil for how long.. I wan to cook n drink as I'm DPO 4 le..

I'm experience painful boobs.. Think most likely AF reporting soon ba..
sad.gif

So tempted to go see Dr Chan after reading postings for some ladies here...
happy.gif

For the smiley OPKs, i understand that we just have to pee on the front part of the stick to test..

How abt strips? Do we have to really use a cup or a container to dip the strips in? Coz I plan to use strips in the afternoon at office to test.. and smiley to use at home in the evening..

Xiaohui>> For strip OPK, you need to pee into a container. Cos' there is a maximum line on the strip. You shouldn't let the pee go beyond this maximum line. I think it's quite hard to control where your pee actually lands if you're peeing directly onto the strip rite?

Either you bring a cup into the toilet in office, or you use the smiley to test in office and strip to test at home. I think this will be better

bbz_rainbowz, u only in dpo4! veri early to detect. since u are in early dpo, mayb can go down to see dr chan on wed to get some med to increase progesterone? Cook chicken essence for ard 2 hours.

Xiaohuiis, i normally pee in a cup. if not the urine anyhow shoot.. haha. den u can dip both strips and CB smiley kit into the cup.

Thanks Anastasia for the warm welcome
happy.gif
happy.gif
Alexis is a joy and happy problem now. She is like little adult, sometimes can really test our patience
happy.gif
happy.gif

IIRC=If I remember correctly
happy.gif
happy.gif
Lazy to type out all
happy.gif
happy.gif

Raw chicken juice better, cos bottle one has chemical.

bbz_rainbowz thanks for the warm welcome
happy.gif
happy.gif

Ladies, not trying to hard sell Dr Chan. He is really good, just the queue really horrible, please bring newspaper, ipad, fully charge phones, games etc while waiting. Anywhere is once a month wait niah.

I have recommended friends to see him. One fellow SMH who had miscarriage, and managed to get pregnant and deliver healthy baby girl
happy.gif
happy.gif

It is like buy insurance
happy.gif
happy.gif
I went to see him as and when not feeling well or spotting when pregnant. At least he can check whether baby pulse okay or not etc. But 1st trimester only drink chicken juice, 1 packet of herbs only.

Look at the queue you will know how good and popular he is
happy.gif
happy.gif

I also went to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang at Joo Chiat near fei fei wanton mee to pray after seeing him last time.

I find that eating cherry tomatos and 2 eggs per day helps Alexis to have thick hair and big goli eyes.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Btw I read somewhere eating tomatos helps in ttcing TTCing also. My fav is NTUC sakura brand.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art173427.asp

Sticky Baby dust to all sweeties. Be happy and positive
happy.gif
happy.gif

Roza, my heart goes to you. I had 2 m/c, then 3rd pregnancy healthy one. After my 2nd m/c I went to see Dr Chan at Marine Parade. His herbs helps me to carry my Alexis to full term and she is very healthy.

If you need his details please PM me. Be positive, God forgets no one, have faith
happy.gif
happy.gif

Min, you very cute leh. Of course can BD after that
happy.gif
happy.gif
For our case, old couple liao, married for 11 years. We followed Dr Chan's calendar
happy.gif
happy.gif

The chicken essence is really good for anyone. I used those kampong chicken to boil, less fats.

Kitkat,
I'm thinking to see Dr Chan if this cycle is not success.. Cos I have problem with my mense.. Very long cycle.. :'(

Kitkat &amp; Stefie: Thanks for sharing!

Hi Roza, I had 2MCs after my #1.. Am trying for coming 2years le.. My daughter now 30mths.. I'm worried tt I can't concieve le..
sad.gif

I have keep reminding myself to stay positive and stress free but don't know how long I can hold on it..

Xiaohuiis, anastasia,

Actually i peed directly on the ovulation strip.. Managed to aim zhun zhun.. Keke.. More convenient i guess..

Stefie,

Hehe.. Wasn't sure abt the bd.. I never thought abt it until my fren told me shld not.. Actually last yr i saw dr chan for 6 mths.. Then straightaway did natural iui.. Conditions were gd and i really conceived, unfortunately m/c at 8 wk plus.. After that, caught up in many things and didn't think of seeing dr chan till nov.. Another colleague had gone to him and succeeded after 2 cycles.. Now hope he can help me strike naturally before my ivf in feb.. Hubby and i were saying if can get preggy again, will go to him regularly for advice..

Thanks Stefie! Am still staying positive ;)
Let's all Jia you and pray for a success and healthy sticky rainbow beanie tt we long for~~~

Jas, so Dr Chan is only once a mth? When to see him? Btw, thanks for updating the table

Min, sayang Sayang. everything happened for a reason. the baby is not healthy. We will have healthy babies in our arms to bring home
happy.gif
happy.gif
Jia you Jia you
happy.gif
happy.gif

bbz Rainbowz, we will have healthy babies in our arms to bring home
happy.gif
happy.gif
Jia you
happy.gif
happy.gif

Anastasia: Thanks! have made appointment for my pre-conception next week with Dr Lisa Chin at Gleneagls..

lets hope for some good news very soon for all of us
happy.gif

maomi, u can see dr. chan anytime. of cos if u see him before O, he can give u med before and after O and med for your hubby to boost his spermie frens.. if i see him after O, he give me med to increase progesterone.. cos bd already done.
举手之劳

Maomi,

I always see him at the start of my menses.. He'll give me a dose ard CD8-10 help eggs grow.. And another dose after ovulation to help implantation.. He'll also write out a calendar for u to let u know which days for u and hubby to take med, which wk to bd, and ard when to bu, etc..

Stefie,

Thanks
happy.gif
Just that time hubby and i very heartpain cos just as losing hope after 3 yrs, finally conceived with 1st iui but shortlived.. But we're ok now, staying positive and still trying
happy.gif

Kitkat, thx for your info. N thank q to all sisters here who provided info on dr chan.

Isit a must that my dh go with me to c dr chan? N for first consult no need to make apt just walk in hor?

Gbob, it's better yur dh goes with u cos dr chan will read both yur pulses. Can walk in anytime.

I just went gynae. Actually just to take blood test to c if I m ovulating. Den I told gynae I got smiley face, den he say he is almost certain I m ovulating. I told him my tcm oso said so. So dun need take blood test. Heng ah.

Back