28 mths old only. 90cm tall.. Need EzLink Card?

Red Wine,
do you envy becos you feel your girl is too short?
if so, then pardon me for saying that you should feel relief instead, that you only need to start paying for your dotter now, as compared to many who have had to start when their kids were much younger in age
sad.gif

your dotter may be short for a 4yo, but i would have considered myself lucky
happy.gif

our boy is abosut 5.5yo n stands at 121cm tall. people always mistaken he is a P2 kid.

so... the conclusion for this..
As long as baby is 90cm and above, we have to pay??!! sigh.. my 1.5years girl is already 85-86cm!!! gosh..

Its not abt the $$.. but really... asking a baby/infant/toddler to be paying.. i guess its really too much.

yes.. the 90cm max height thingy can still be there.. but i guess, the bus driver/ station control officers could judge better than stopping the parents and asking for payment..

sigh...

at the end of the day, these bus drivers/station control officers are just doing their job, abiding accordingly to the company's rules and regulations eventho they may not agree with them, like any other organisation..

better yet, there are some parents who are paying full adult ez-link cards for their toddler kids, as they are unaware that there are chd ez-link cards available.

O, i din noe we can apply for SMRT card for kids with BC? Always thot must wait till Primary 1 when school issued the buscard.
lame.gif
Hahaha...me really moutain tortise
biggrin.gif

On the height thingy, i guess the public transport pple jus thot that if kids are more than 90cm, high chance that they b occupying a seat....

But i do agree that it shld be at least 4yrs and below dun need to pay for bus/MRT fare. Maybe when 5 yrs old, which is K1, then can start to pay for it...

Hi sherlyn, my elder dd is only 22 months old and she is 90cm already. my younger dd is 68cm now. so u can imagine. and ocean what is SMRT card for kids with BC mah? can u pls let me knw.

hi ddsmum,
You can bring your kid BC and buy child's ezlink card from the ticket counter during the office hour. I remember they'll ask you to fill up form. After which you need to pay $5 (if i remember correctly, coz i bought my girl's card more than a yr ago).
Btw, recently when i want to top up my girl's card, i realised DBS ATM cannot accept the top up. Initially i thought the card is hving some prob, but when i done the top up at MRT station, is work well. Anyone had the same prob? Or child ezlink card can only do top up at MRT station?

ddsmum/SparklingCrystal

I can't recall if I had to complete a form for our son, eventho the bus driver who advd me to get an ez-link card told me so.

What do u mean by topping up at DBS ATM? I've only made top-ups for both ourselves n our son's cards at MRT stations and at ticket office where they have an auto top-up machine, the old and simple type. Can find these at some bus-stops also.

miracle_bebe,
Our adult ezlink card can be top up via DBS ATM. The slot of the right hand on top of the ATM machine is for ezlink card. I used that whenever i go to withrawan $$. One stone kills 2 birds.
biggrin.gif

But when i try to top at ATM for my girl's ezlink card, it was stated as technical error. I try 2 ATM, same problem, so i suspect maybe kid card cannot be top up at ATM machine.

SparklingCrystal

omg!I never knew that.. I guessed neither my dh. If that's so ez, I don't need to bother him to top-up for me anymore, unless I want him to pay for it lah
happy.gif

You should ask EZlink or DBS if the top-up for kids are applicable. I would like to know if I could? Btw, only DBS ya, not POSB?

Thanks, I learned something new today
happy.gif

miracle_bebe,
POSB also can. I thot all the DBS and POSB ATM is the same?
Ya, maybe next time i'll ask the control station ppl about the child ezlink card issue.
Now i always top up at ATM, easier. hehe...

SparklingCrystal,
Yes they are both the same, but I meant was... at Great World City, it is a DBSBank ie the body of the company is DBS. Over at Bt Merah Central, it is a POSB Bank.
So I shall look-out for the right top-side of the ATM then.
Thanks again
happy.gif

Hey SparkingCrystal

I forgot to post to infrm you that we tried using the POSB ATM at Tiong Bahru Plaza (the one facing the main road)and we got our son's ez-link card topped up.

On another day, my dh tried to top-up his ezlinck card at an ATM (can't recall which) and got a "technical error" respond.

My girl is born in august & i bought her a card once she pass 0.9m around 30mths but mostly in the stroller, so sometimes just never let her tap her card.

But now my 2nd one even taller leh, worried that by 2.5yrs or less she'll be there liao.
By then weekdays better go out less.

Har need to bring birth cert meh?
Can't remember liao...

How much is a child fare card? Just last Sunday, I brought my 4 yr old girl for her 1st MRT ride, I asked the MRT staff at the station about child fare card and all he said was, if your child is not going to travel often, buy the single fare card is the same. He didn't even tell me that I will need to have BC to get one. Strange! As I have been driving for the last 5 yrs, I am not aware of the fare now, so went to buy my girl the adult fare card and was surprised to learn that we have to pay S$1.40 for a 3 station ride i.e. to an fro = S$2.80 for a 4 yrs old. I think this amount is really high.

How much does a child pay when she uses a child fare card. Anyone knows. I want to complain to SMRT if I am given the wrong info by the SMRT staff.

Yep as what Leng Leng has shared, there is no fault from the SMRT staff.
Sometimes when our boy forgets to take his ez-link card out with him, we have to pay for a standard single fare. I don't like it, but there's no other cheaper means of transport unless one is willing to go by foot to one's destination. Moreover, there is no single fare for chd.

Just to share with you ladies, my girl is 3 years old and is above 90cm. I am fine with paying for the train fare but i have got this phobia and fear of the MRT gantry. Sometimes this gantry misfunction and will hit you even when you tap the ez link card to open it. I am worried and scared that this MRT gantry will hit my girl right on the head when its misfunction or my girl took a slower time to pass thru. I got this fear upon listening to an incident of my colleague. His wife was 6 months pregnant and was on her way to work. She pass by this mrt gantry and it misfunction and hit right on her tummy. Nothing happen for the first few days but when she eventually feel the pain in her tummy in the next few days, her gynea told her she need to have an abortion as her baby is dead. It has happened for years and this incident left them childless till now. I am so affected by this incident.

I think whatever it is, they should set FOC for all children below age of 6 as what most hotel buffer always set paying kids as 6 onwards.

not all hotel set at the age of six no need to pay for buffer.some, as long as u are no longer sitting in a baby chair, one has to pay.

Even if u carry them in ur arms, some bus drivers will ask u to put the kid down, and if they see that he/she exceeds 0.9M, either they'll ask u to pay or give u a verbal warning to prep a concession EZ-Link for the next trip...

Another unfair thing is the restaurant buffet charges, they usually started charging fm 3 or 4yo onwards, then range to 12yo. But how much can a pre-schooler eats compare to an upper primary kids???

My 30 month boy exceeded 90 cm but still rides for free at the moment. Maybe he still looks very young in the eyes of the driver.

Back