2016/08 August babies

This morning I woke up and feel a sharp pain in my vagina area. Abdominal was okay. Called up and schedule for an appointment to see my gynae. Suddenly when I was eating bread while talking to my in-laws, I felt a gush coming out from me.

I was bleeding, fresh red blood and quite a lot. I was feeling scared but immediately went down to my gynae. Just finished seeing him and did a scan.

Very thankfully he said the blood don't look like is from the baby. Baby is doing well, even hear his/her heartbeat for the first time today! Last time only manage to see the flickering. The speed is at 160, week 8 and he says is healthy.

Told me that it looks like it's my bottom part of my cervix that's bleeding and surprisingly after bleeding, the pain seems to go off. So now I'm given this hormones pills to be on for 2 weeks.

Hope yours is also a false alarm and don't lose hope okay!! Don't think very negatively, have positive thoughts till you see a gynae! Fighting!!!
please take care!!! did your gynae give you HL to be on bed rest?

please take care!!! did your gynae give you HL to be on bed rest?

Nope, just mc till Jan 8. I don't have to be complete bed rest but don't do anything to aggravate it. Means rest at home will do. No excessive housework or anything for me right now.

Hello mummies, just wanted to update that I saw the gynae -- no gestational sac seen and my beta HCG level is very low :( so I'm definitely not pregnant anymore.

Jiayou and all the best to the mummies here!

Congrats to all mummies! New mum to be here. My EDD on 20.08.15. Went to neighbourhood gynae dr phua soo mear upon discovering positive on preg kit. That was 5 wks, only able to c e sac. He said hopefully by 8 wks shud b able to listen to bb's heartbeat.

Im planning to chg gynae to either Dr Arthur Tseng (highly recommended by colleague) or Dr Benjamin Tham. I been to Dr Tseng for check up once, a very detailed doc but charges quite exp. Wondering if anyone has the above mentioned gynae packages price

I am 7 weeks 5 days today. I just had first appt with gynae today. Everything is fine. Anyway this is my 2nd child so i calm this time. Next appointment in 4 weeks time and i will doing the NIPT which is called Paranoma. Anyone doing NIPT? The test cost close to $2K :(

Hello, hope i am not too late to share with you this information.

Inside KKH, there is a dept call AMC. They are offer paranoma test at $800 - $900. There is option to pay extra to scan for some other stuff i think they call it micro deletion to rule out some rare but nasty stuff. Not sure how much more to pay though. Maybe your quote of $2K is inclusive of these microdeletion. No harm give them a call to compare price, afterall, i believe both place will also be sending your blood sample to USA for analysis. 10 to 14 days wait for result according to KKH AMC.

All the best

Oh ya, according to KKH AMC, Paranoma is 99% accurate, they have another test that cost about $300-$400. This test comprise of a scan + blood test. This cheaper test accuracy is 90%. Although the accuracy is lesser but it include a scan which i thought is also impt & good to have. Just in case you ask, for some strange reason, they do not have an option for you to do paranoma + scan.

Hello all, my menses delayed for a week, tested with clearblue test kit and results came out negative. Felt sore breasts and went to my sis' gynae (Dr. Fong, Gleneagles) which I asked for a hCg blood test. Test came out as pregnant and went to do a scan, which we could not see the fetus but only the pregnancy sac. This week would be 6 wk and edd at 22nd Aug 2016.

If all goes well, I would be a first time mom. I really hope baby grows up healthy as I am currently on a few medications (lupus and epilepsy). My epilepsy medication may cause defects. Fingers crossed.

Nope, just mc till Jan 8. I don't have to be complete bed rest but don't do anything to aggravate it. Means rest at home will do. No excessive housework or anything for me right now.

babe hope ypu are feeling well now. stay positive and strong! no housework or no carrying of heavy items, try not to climb up n tk things too even just 1 or 2 steps. :)

also try to listen to some smoothing music. it helps...

Hello all, my menses delayed for a week, tested with clearblue test kit and results came out negative. Felt sore breasts and went to my sis' gynae (Dr. Fong, Gleneagles) which I asked for a hCg blood test. Test came out as pregnant and went to do a scan, which we could not see the fetus but only the pregnancy sac. This week would be 6 wk and edd at 22nd Aug 2016.

If all goes well, I would be a first time mom. I really hope baby grows up healthy as I am currently on a few medications (lupus and epilepsy). My epilepsy medication may cause defects. Fingers crossed.

congrats!! stay positive babe. try to seek gyane advice on all your medications. :)

No probably not -- it could be too early to see the sac but my HCG levels are extremely low, too low to get a positive on a hpt now.

so sorry to hear that. please tk care of urself. like my fil keeps telling me, the most importantperson to tk care of now is you, yourself first... take care alright... :)

im at week 7 and I started vomiting after meals, no more just gags..

it happen once last night n today after lunch. its like I will have really v bad gags non stop then I vomit out my food. anyone having this now?? but surprisingly I felt slightly better after everything is out..

is there anything to tk note of if I have this vomiting symptom?

it happen once last night n today after lunch. its like I will have really v bad gags non stop then I vomit out my food. anyone having this now?? but surprisingly I felt slightly better after everything is out..

I think most importantly is you must stay hydrated as too much vomiting can lead to dehydration
Take small sips of water frequently

The rest I've invited as per request. Im not too sure what to do if i add email and it doesn't work. Anyone else can assist?

babe hope ypu are feeling well now. stay positive and strong! no housework or no carrying of heavy items, try not to climb up n tk things too even just 1 or 2 steps. :)

also try to listen to some smoothing music. it helps...

Thank you! I'm still bleeding a little. Not as much as the first day. Hopefully will stop by tmrw as nurse says day 3 should lessen or stop.

If not I have to go back and see my gynae again..

Baby is telling you that he/she doesn't like that food you've eaten? Try something else and see if you will feel so sick again..

Like me I can't take any soupy stuff, feels extremely sick after taking.

Hello, hope i am not too late to share with you this information.

Inside KKH, there is a dept call AMC. They are offer paranoma test at $800 - $900. There is option to pay extra to scan for some other stuff i think they call it micro deletion to rule out some rare but nasty stuff. Not sure how much more to pay though. Maybe your quote of $2K is inclusive of these microdeletion. No harm give them a call to compare price, afterall, i believe both place will also be sending your blood sample to USA for analysis. 10 to 14 days wait for result according to KKH AMC.

All the best

Oh ya, according to KKH AMC, Paranoma is 99% accurate, they have another test that cost about $300-$400. This test comprise of a scan + blood test. This cheaper test accuracy is 90%. Although the accuracy is lesser but it include a scan which i thought is also impt & good to have. Just in case you ask, for some strange reason, they do not have an option for you to do paranoma + scan.

Yes I am doing the paranoma comphrensive test with microdeletion. Is 99% accurate for NEGATIVE. But according to gynae if positive it doesn't mean is confirm 99% has Down syndrome.
Same like using pregnancy kit the other way round if it is positive then is confirm 99% pregnant but negative is not confirm that you are not pregnant.

The other test which is 90% accuracy is OSCAR test which is $300+ based on statistics and probability.
Paranoma is testing from mother blood which contain baby DNA so accuracy is definitely higher than probability testing.

Hello mummies, just wanted to update that I saw the gynae -- no gestational sac seen and my beta HCG level is very low :( so I'm definitely not pregnant anymore.

Jiayou and all the best to the mummies here!
So sorry to hear this. Please take care of your body now. Heard from some mummies from my #1 group they do a mini confinement to tiao their body when they mc. Jia you! Hugs.

Dear all, stay positive and relax. My first pregnancy I was freaky panic... Keep running to gynae. This time round I feel super relax not feeling anything or morning sickness. Just like normal. Only thing my tummy bulging out quite obvious because after give birth tummy muscle has loosen up. My gynae said is alright to continue wearing body shaper. Keke...
I already planned my holiday for the first qtr of the year.
Jan I will be going Taiwan and Mar going Australia. I cannot imagine how I can travel after having two kids.
I told my husband if he don't let me travel I will exercise with skipping rope so he surrender.

I was very ill last month having stomach flu, fever, cough and popping a lot of pills. I have also seen a few doctors and a Chinese physician. Just happen I missed my mense due date which made me even more stress bcoz I have take like more than 15 days of different antibiotics and all kinds of medication so I consulted my regular Chinese physician. He told me to set the mentality positive first and bear in mind that first 3 mths i am not pregant and baby still belongs to God...

I was very ill last month having stomach flu, fever, cough and popping a lot of pills. I have also seen a few doctors and a Chinese physician. Just happen I missed my mense due date which made me even more stress bcoz I have take like more than 15 days of different antibiotics and all kinds of medication so I consulted my regular Chinese physician. He told me to set the mentality positive first and bear in mind that first 3 mths i am not pregant and baby still belongs to God...

Take care babe, be optimistic and baby will be ok! :)

Yes I am doing the paranoma comphrensive test with microdeletion. Is 99% accurate for NEGATIVE. But according to gynae if positive it doesn't mean is confirm 99% has Down syndrome.
Same like using pregnancy kit the other way round if it is positive then is confirm 99% pregnant but negative is not confirm that you are not pregnant.

The other test which is 90% accuracy is OSCAR test which is $300+ based on statistics and probability.
Paranoma is testing from mother blood which contain baby DNA so accuracy is definitely higher than probability testing.

Thanks for sharing. We appreciate it.

Our plan differs slightly from yours. But i am sure both ways are equally good.

We will be doing Paranoma test without microdeletion with KKH AMC, at about 10-11weeks and then do a genetic scan at 14weeks with Dr Anandas at SSR (Camden medical center). The Genetic scan cost about $600. Our intention is to combine both of these report and show it to our KKH Gynac so as to hear his view.

Cheers

Baby is telling you that he/she doesn't like that food you've eaten? Try something else and see if you will feel so sick again..

Like me I can't take any soupy stuff, feels extremely sick after taking.

i dont know what i like now.. but i dont like rice like how i used to 2 weeks ago, milo and soh ta piah still works best. guess i need some trial n error for now. but my vomit is all watery.. no food.. is it normal??

Thank you! I'm still bleeding a little. Not as much as the first day. Hopefully will stop by tmrw as nurse says day 3 should lessen or stop.

If not I have to go back and see my gynae again..

do tk good care and keep us posted. will keep u n ur bb in my prayers. :)

Dear all, stay positive and relax. My first pregnancy I was freaky panic... Keep running to gynae. This time round I feel super relax not feeling anything or morning sickness. Just like normal. Only thing my tummy bulging out quite obvious because after give birth tummy muscle has loosen up. My gynae said is alright to continue wearing body shaper. Keke...
I already planned my holiday for the first qtr of the year.
Jan I will be going Taiwan and Mar going Australia. I cannot imagine how I can travel after having two kids.
I told my husband if he don't let me travel I will exercise with skipping rope so he surrender.
Totally agree! I don't know whether I can survive a flight with 2 kids so must travel while I can. Just came back from australia. Going Malaysia in Jan and Korea in April. :)

I went for check up on 30th Dec 15.. Gynae told me I'm 5 weeks but my last period I counted was 7 weeks.. How is that possible?? Àbit scare tho... She say bb too small... Never tell me my EDD too... Got to wait till 20th Jan 16 for another check up.. Finger cross! ☝

i dont know what i like now.. but i dont like rice like how i used to 2 weeks ago, milo and soh ta piah still works best. guess i need some trial n error for now. but my vomit is all watery.. no food.. is it normal??

Just try and error then you will know roughly. Now I only can eat dry food.

hi i'm a new mom to be and my edd is on 24 aug, hope everything goes well! can admin add me [email protected] to the fb group? i'm deciding between dr paul tseng and benjamin tham, i only know dr paul tseng does not offer package and each visit with scan think is $150+-? i saw his normal birth delivery is $2500-$3200 range o_O anyone knows the rate for dr benjamin tham?

I usually catch flu quite often..You may want to try Super brand ginger tea which it does help me to relieve my blocked nose.. hope it helps

Thanks for the advice! I'll let the parents know after the 1st appointment then. Excited to see how they'll react (first- time parents, first-time grandparents) :D

I told my mum after my first appointment. I leave it to my husband on when he wants to tell my in laws. Actually if something bad really happened *touchwood*, you will likely still tell your parents and in laws. My Mil made confimement food after my mc and I was thankful that they took care of me while I was recovering at home.

hi i'm a new mom to be and my edd is on 24 aug, hope everything goes well! can admin add me [email protected] to the fb group? i'm deciding between dr paul tseng and benjamin tham, i only know dr paul tseng does not offer package and each visit with scan think is $150+-? i saw his normal birth delivery is $2500-$3200 range o_O anyone knows the rate for dr benjamin tham?

Hi! I'm with Dr Paul, my first bill is $200+ and subsequent visits about $180 like that.

Hello All Aug Mums,

Congrats to all the new mummies! I confirmed my pregnancy on 23rd Dec. Est 5 weeks pregnant now. Could see a little 4mm sac when I went to confirm my pregnancy. My EDD is 27/08/16. This is our first baby...can't wait to meet him/her.

I don't have any morning sickness so far, just sore breast and constantly feeling hungry & eating...is that normal?

Can the administrator add me? My email address is [email protected] Looking forward to hear your stories!

PS...I have been told to keep mute about the pregnancy due to "pang tang" ... But it's so hard to contain the happiness. Hope online communication is not included in the "pang tang"...heheee

Regards,
Christie

Hi didn't receive any invite. Maybe you want to give us the name of the Facebook group so we can search and request to be accepted as a member?

Hi all mummy-to-be! I just heard my Bb's heartbeat at 6week 6days. Edd is 21st Aug! So happy! Previously was quite rough as I had spotting and put on injections and duphaston. But don't give up! Hearing the little ones heart beat is the most amazing thing for me! Somewhere through I was quite depressed but now I know that God will work his way Stay strong!! All will be fine

Can add me into the FB group too? My email is [email protected]

Hope to have a happy journey with you all

I went for check up on 30th Dec 15.. Gynae told me I'm 5 weeks but my last period I counted was 7 weeks.. How is that possible?? Àbit scare tho... She say bb too small... Never tell me my EDD too... Got to wait till 20th Jan 16 for another check up.. Finger cross! ☝

Hey @Junkkk this is possible. i counted mine was ard week6, but when i went for gyane appt he told me i am around week 4-5 and bb is too small to give an EDD date. my 2nd appt with him is 8th Jan next friday, which i am suppose to be week7-8 and will be checking heartbeat and also my EDD date.. keeping my fingers cross too! good luck to you!

Dear all mummies,
My aunt is confinement nanny. She is from malaysia.
If your interested may give her a call. Her number stated as below :-
Ai li @ 81926553 (sg),+6010-8832729(malaysia)

Thank you

Heard a few m/c stories in an international group.. Praying for a sticky bean.. Only seeing gynae on Monday. Hope to see heartbeat then

Heard a few m/c stories in an international group.. Praying for a sticky bean.. Only seeing gynae on Monday. Hope to see heartbeat then

Don't think too much of the bad stories. Two sleep away and you'll be seeing your little ones heartbeat! Think happy thoughts! And yeah a sticky bean hahaha

Eh possible! Mine was supposed to be bigger than I expect but gynae says mine is at week 8. Afterall gynae is more expert in this field than our calculation :) baby small because still young, so don't scare yourself okay :)

Back