2016/08 August babies

how about cutting out some of the enrichment? My kids childcare combined only S$1k - maybe explore cheaper alternatives? do you have family support? don't be so down, there's always a way out. maybe make some lifestyle choices - cut down on restaurants etc.

Adeqi, I am lucky in a way but also not lucky. Cause I am prone to bleeding in my first pregnancy so have to see gynae early.

Like today, I bleed. Which is quite sian for me cause I really hate those progesterone injections. Gynae gave me one injection today & place me on bed rest for 3 days. Hopefully no more episode of bleeding.

oh dear! :( hope you feel better soon. my first 2 pregnancies were horrid too. i vomited after every meal and was constantly dehydrated. i didn't gain any weight at all! take care :)

hi pann...my husband wants to have the bb but i am not keen as my two boys are already draining me out...i can't imagine coping with 3 but yet to abort also a very evil thing to do...but i am like no choices left..
Yo babe! Hope everything is well for u. Do discuss your concern with your hubby and family members and work out something. I can understand for underage girls going for abortion but I believe there are options and solutions that will work out for adult.
Don't make the decision alone. Cheers!

Hi everyone.

Congrats on your BFP.

After my 3rd visit to gynae today, I am finally given an EDD. It is on 10 Aug 2016, a day after national Day.

Today I am estimated to be 6 weeks. Manage to see flickering in the sac which the gynae pointed out as the heartbeat of the little one.

This is my #2.. My son is totally overjoyed with the news.

Let's pray for a smooth & healthy pregnancy together.
I will have the same EDD as you if go according to LMP. Seeing gynae soon.
Yay.. Hope everyone will be burst with joy with the little one.

hi adeqi, we are middle income family i would say financially also not very good...because lots of commitments as well including car loan and housing loan etc..plus the two kids childcare a mth cost us 1.6k exclude their enrichment classes etc and their milk powder diaper cost..my husband is self employed working as property agent..so i would say income are pretty much not fixed in that sense...my career in fact downgraded after having my 2nd child...from a managerial post now i am earning less than 3.5k and working as a PA.
Financially you will definitely be strained. So you may have to look into cutting your expenses if you want to have number 3. The good news is by then your oldest will be 5.5 yo? And soon will be going to primary school, that should bring down some of the child care cost. Career wise, sadly can't be help. I sacrificed my career too after having a baby but I didn't regret it.

Financially you will definitely be strained. So you may have to look into cutting your expenses if you want to have number 3. The good news is by then your oldest will be 5.5 yo? And soon will be going to primary school, that should bring down some of the child care cost. Career wise, sadly can't be help. I sacrificed my career too after having a baby but I didn't regret it.

Thanks blackcanary...

how about cutting out some of the enrichment? My kids childcare combined only S$1k - maybe explore cheaper alternatives? do you have family support? don't be so down, there's always a way out. maybe make some lifestyle choices - cut down on restaurants etc.

I have been exploring on childcare alternatives but worried that the boys may not get used to the new change and new environment. They love their current school and teachers

I have been exploring on childcare alternatives but worried that the boys may not get used to the new change and new environment. They love their current school and teachers

Hello joandnis! Actually don't have to worry much, talk to your boys and use more patience, let the teachers know your concern and children will adapt fast to the transition. I am working in a preschool and have seen this being a very common thing.

Most of the times, it's the parents who may worry too much :) yeah usually we don't encourage mothers to go abortion cause every child is a gift. Really gotta sacrifice many things like the luxury, going less enrichment, cheaper school and less restaurant visits if you want to have your 3rd child. Ask for additional subsidy if your household income don't exceed $7.5k/month.

But tough days will be as tough if whole family works out everything together. My family does not belong to the high flying range but we can tide through together by cutting down on our luxury. Hope that can helps :)

Hello joandnis! Actually don't have to worry much, talk to your boys and use more patience, let the teachers know your concern and children will adapt fast to the transition. I am working in a preschool and have seen this being a very common thing.

Most of the times, it's the parents who may worry too much :) yeah usually we don't encourage mothers to go abortion cause every child is a gift. Really gotta sacrifice many things like the luxury, going less enrichment, cheaper school and less restaurant visits if you want to have your 3rd child. Ask for additional subsidy if your household income don't exceed $7.5k/month.

But tough days will be as tough if whole family works out everything together. My family does not belong to the high flying range but we can tide through together by cutting down on our luxury. Hope that can helps :)

Adeqi, I am lucky in a way but also not lucky. Cause I am prone to bleeding in my first pregnancy so have to see gynae early.

Like today, I bleed. Which is quite sian for me cause I really hate those progesterone injections. Gynae gave me one injection today & place me on bed rest for 3 days. Hopefully no more episode of bleeding.

Congrats! Then you have to be good and rest in bed till foetus is stable. Jiayou! I'm sure your baby will be fine!

Last edited:
How is everyone today?

I have been a very good girl.. Lying in bed most of the time. Still have brownish spotting but I know I will be fine and so will BB. Haha!

Totally remind me of my 1st pregnancy. How I wish the first trimester will be over soon.

Congrats to the newcomers too.

hi everyone my edd is early Aug, but I think will csect end jul since number 1 is under csect too. the morning sickness is really driving me crazy. and I cant imagine have 2 kids next year, really stress me out. how you guys handle it?

hi everyone my edd is early Aug, but I think will csect end jul since number 1 is under csect too. the morning sickness is really driving me crazy. and I cant imagine have 2 kids next year, really stress me out. how you guys handle it?

Hi babyhorse, congrats! me same as u shld be csect end jul since #1 csect too... how old is yr #1?

Hi babyhorse, congrats! me same as u shld be csect end jul since #1 csect too... how old is yr #1?

hi luckyme!! mine #1 is year 2014, how about u? whose ur gynae? im seeing Dr AL Lim @tmc...... aiyoh I very stress one kid already driving me crazy... but seeing him so lonely, so thought another sibling will be good to him

I didn't do csect so I'm curious. Why do you choose to csect early and not on the actual edd?
This will be my number 2 too. Not going to think about it at the moment. :)

Oh I'm still nursing my 25 month too. So far do good.

I actually look like 7 months pregnant now cos gained 9kg this year. People keep asking if I'm pregnant. Some even ask me confirm or not? Irritating!

I'm currently staying with my in laws. Before I got pregnant they keep telling me don't so early get another child and next child they don't want to help take care Liao. Now second child come don't feel like telling them cos think they will only fell me they don't want take care Liao. Not going to congratulate me. Sian. Think next time I carry baby to work. IFC too ex.

Oh no... Since you have two children maybe can consider getting a helper to help out? Since you're living with in laws they can help jaga the helper and she can help with chores and stuff so your in laws won't be so tired?

I'm still nursing my older child too. Luckily he doesn't nurse often now otherwise I'll be so tired.
Arissa, ,I hope the childcare arrangement works put for you and maybe your in laws are those type that say don't want but will still take care in the end. Is your #1 in child care now?

I'm still nursing my older child too. Luckily he doesn't nurse often now otherwise I'll be so tired.
Arissa, ,I hope the childcare arrangement works put for you and maybe your in laws are those type that say don't want but will still take care in the end. Is your #1 in child care now?
haha i'm hoping too hopefully they find #02 cute cute then help me abit. hee hee. #1 no school, in laws helping to take care in the afternoon. we take care morning and night.

Hello everyone, I'm so worrying now. Saw my gynae today, and found some blood in my uterus. Doc asked me to take good rest and some medicine. Need to see her again in about 2 weeks. Maybe there's something wrong.... I'm 6w 1d, but still can't see my baby.

:) edd mid August 2016! Super excited but at the same time lost in gynae search.

Any good recommendations?

Hello everyone, I'm so worrying now. Saw my gynae today, and found some blood in my uterus. Doc asked me to take good rest and some medicine. Need to see her again in about 2 weeks. Maybe there's something wrong.... I'm 6w 1d, but still can't see my baby.
6w still very early to see heartbeat. Don't think too much. Take care. It's pretty normal for gynae to schedule an appointment every 2 week when baby is still very small.

hi luckyme!! mine #1 is year 2014, how about u? whose ur gynae? im seeing Dr AL Lim @tmc...... aiyoh I very stress one kid already driving me crazy... but seeing him so lonely, so thought another sibling will be good to him

i'm sticking to Irene Chua :) juz went to see her on fri, heard heartbeat @ 7w1d. edd 4 aug

haha i'm hoping too hopefully they find #02 cute cute then help me abit. hhee. #1 no school, in laws helping to take care in the afternoon. we take care morning and night.
Maybe can consider sending to 3hr play group for your #1 before #2 is out so that they can have a break.

Hello everyone! I just got my bfp this week. Based on LMP, edd estimated 24th nov. this is my 2nd. No 1 just turned 15th month.

It's still very early. You may have ovulated late therefore baby may be just 5w + for all you know.

Anyone prescribed duphaston? I got it for first 2 kids and now prescribed again. It's giving me lots of nausea and lethargy. Thinking to take it only once daily. Feels very very bad, can't take care of my 2 toddlers.

i'm sticking to Irene Chua :) juz went to see her on fri, heard heartbeat @ 7w1d. edd 4 aug
@Luckyme~ u manage to make an appt with her so soon? U really very lucky. Haha. Just called last week the earliest they can give me is on the 11th Jan. Think around then I will be 8 weeks or so.

Hi~~I will have the baby around Aug 3, met Dr Vanaja at NUH on Dec 12. Make an appointment on Jan 5, does it necessary? At that time, just 9 weeks, or I just go around 12 weeks? Thanks for suggestions~

Back