(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

I hear Myanmar maid takes longer time to train. And some can be from very ulu village, and don't know how to operate rice cooker, washing machine etc... end up lots of home appliance spoil o_O and language is a problem if their english is not good...
just my 2 cents... heard all these from my colleagues...

i'm also hiring maid this time round...
I think maids are really luck. My friend's myanmar maid is very good. For me i stick to indo cos my sil first myanmar maid gave my mil a bad experience. Language big issue so at least for indo maid she can speak malay and communicate with her though there are still some differences in malay and bahasa. Myanmar maid agent fees are cheaper though and i heard most of the myanmar maids are very young so maybe can take that into consideration when evaluating.
I just wish i have superpower eyes when selecting maids haha.

So angry just now!!.:mad::mad:

Was doing survey price recently at metro, kiddy palace etc. Suddenly MIL say dont buy anything before 7th 8th months. I told her I will buy some stuffs during April during bb fair due to attractive discount. I explained i will not buy clothes, only baby pram, milk bottles or breastpump if there is really good discount etc. She keep saying NO cuz patang.. later bb come out very naughty blah blah blah... I told hubby that im not gonna care and listen and he scolded me for being stubborn not listening to elderly. :mad:

Any MTBs here listen to all this thing? Thou there are certain things have to listen, but I dun agree all have to follow lo... :( So angry and sad! Doesnt know how to explain to my hubby abt my anger. Haiz...
Hehe. Old wives tales again! I believe this type of sharing is out of good intentions so just smile nod and carry on with what you planned. My mil also always make comments. I'll tell my husband what his mom said and what I'm planning on. In case she mentions to him, he just pretend he don't know anything. If he objects to what i plan then we discuss, otherwise, everyone just act compliant/blur and avoid unnecessary arguments.

I was just watching chn 8 abt those illegal hawkers selling curry puff and im feeling so guilty now for eating one tat day.. :( feeling paranoid now.. I really pray bb is okay.. Cant wait for my appt in another two weeks.. Haix.. Being preggie really no easy feat.. So many things to watch out for..

I was just watching chn 8 abt those illegal hawkers selling curry puff and im feeling so guilty now for eating one tat day.. :( feeling paranoid now.. I really pray bb is okay.. Cant wait for my appt in another two weeks.. Haix.. Being preggie really no easy feat.. So many things to watch out for..

Gosh me too! Hadn't occured to me that i'm putting the little one at risk! :confused:

Mummies, I wanna ask... if I'm hoping to start my live in helper in July, realistically when should I start scouting? Thanks :)

If your edd is in august, I would suggest that you start scouting now and get the helper in june instead. It may take anything from 4 mths to 6 mths for the helper to clear everything plus undergo training. Also, you might want to give yourself a longer runway to let the helper stay n test her out. In case the helper doesn't work out you have some time to get things settled. You don't want to be stuck with a homesick or reluctant helper that might run away during your confinement or near to your edd.

was at downstairs asking regarding infant care services and met an auntie. the first question she ask me is "are you Singaporean?" so i reply "yeah why?" she say cos Singaporean very kiasu ask for infant care very early. lol. any mtb here already on waiting list for infant care?

was at downstairs asking regarding infant care services and met an auntie. the first question she ask me is "are you Singaporean?" so i reply "yeah why?" she say cos Singaporean very kiasu ask for infant care very early. lol. any mtb here already on waiting list for infant care?

U never tell auntie.. if never book early, there won't be vacancy ><"

Thanks all for the maid advice. Alrighty let me ponder over the weekends. My hubby will be unhappy about maid coming in early cos he really likes his privacy.

Mummies, any advantage of choosing first time maid? eg they will not hv been influenced by 'outside world' already. Though I'm afraid will be very hard to teach.

Age wise, older or younger is better?

Haha actually I was wavering between threads then started chatting with SL when both of us are seeing the same gynae then we start to pm and WhatsApp each other.
Slowly started to know xuan_mom then the rest is history :D:p:)

wow it's FATED :)

What abt the curry puffs? I was very careful with food when preggy with no.1 but now with no.2 I think I'm starting to slack, feeling bit guilty.

I think any food that's left out cold isn't good esp if there's meat in it. With smoked or cured meat, it's more of the listeria concern. These days when I go for ang mo breakfast, will get them to cook the sausage through and through, well done.

U never tell auntie.. if never book early, there won't be vacancy ><"

oh infant care definitely have to book before birth esp in popular estates. None popular estates, gd to book asap too I feel. No harm, just fill in the forms.

Previously I was curious and asked the PCF about their waitlist for 18 month class, then, my girl was about 1yo. The principal hinted to me don't bother to queue in the waitlist, I won't get a chance lol...

So I feel it's gd to waitlist a few, in case change of mind, in case didn't get the most preferred option, etc.

Thanks all for the maid advice. Alrighty let me ponder over the weekends. My hubby will be unhappy about maid coming in early cos he really likes his privacy.

Mummies, any advantage of choosing first time maid? eg they will not hv been influenced by 'outside world' already. Though I'm afraid will be very hard to teach.

My fren was telling me.. since is infant.. better to get someone experienced.. If not also very worried to leave the child with someone who dunno how to handle infant..

I also getting maid 1st time. My plan was getting maid who has kids so that she is experienced of taking care and have leniency in babies. Normally they will be more motherly and patience, this is what I feel. Age wise, not too old or not too young. Too young = too childish too old = too stubborn, eg. Cant be scold.. lol I probably will start to source during july and engage on august (edd mid aug) so that once I start my ML, she will stay at home with me to get use of the environment and till I delivery. Im worried too early engaged, she will be too free at home as there is nth for her to do. Kind of wasted and dangerous. After delivery, she will helped me throughout my confinement period. Will be ordering delivery instead and she will helped me to take care of my baby at the same time train her practically. My husband will be likely taking leave to spend longer at home with us till we can handle well. After my 4mths ML, I supposed the maid will be good to go being alone with baby.

Coincidently, my next door neighbour also just hire maid for her new born baby. So maybe If im not around and maid need help and advice, can go over and ask. Lol..

Actually what is the different btw infant care, playgroup and enrichment class? All school can be enrolled by 18 months?

I also getting maid 1st time. My plan was getting maid who has kids so that she is experienced of taking care and have leniency in babies. Normally they will be more motherly and patience, this is what I feel. Age wise, not too old or not too young. Too young = too childish too old = too stubborn, eg. Cant be scold.. lol I probably will start to source during july and engage on august (edd mid aug) so that once I start my ML, she will stay at home with me to get use of the environment and till I delivery. Im worried too early engaged, she will be too free at home as there is nth for her to do. Kind of wasted and dangerous. After delivery, she will helped me throughout my confinement period. Will be ordering delivery instead and she will helped me to take care of my baby at the same time train her practically. My husband will be likely taking leave to spend longer at home with us till we can handle well. After my 4mths ML, I supposed the maid will be good to go being alone with baby.

Coincidently, my next door neighbour also just hire maid for her new born baby. So maybe If im not around and maid need help and advice, can go over and ask. Lol..
We think probably a maid is a good option for us too. Will start looking around and get one just few weeks before I'm due so that we can train her before the baby comes.
anyone has recommendations on good maid agencies? Any idea on agency fees etc? Also any experience with burmese maids? wonder if communication would be a problem.

Haiz, maids very hard to say older or younger, single or married is better. All have pros and cons. From what i see, if her main task is household chores not baby then no need an experienced mother. In any case if want to get mother don't get those with kids so young. They see your kid they miss their kids sometimes and then want to go home... and i feel their standard of care differs so their experience not much use. Only the patience and tolerance part helps. My past and current all mothers but just teaching how to make milk i want to pull hair. Different standards. And they don't know basic things like wipe backside is from front to back...worse some may think they more experienced then u and try to impose on you their ways. My friend encountered that. So it really depends on what are her main tasks.
older is more mature but scared not able to tahan the physical part of taking care of kid and chores.
Single scared not mature but they have less baggage when they arrive so tend to adjust faster. My friend said those who work longest for her are single.

I suggest you start sourcing earlier. Maybe june. Give yourself some buffer just in case. Hard to predict. My brother's one failed medical so need to select again.

Haiz, maids very hard to say older or younger, single or married is better. All have pros and cons. From what i see, if her main task is household chores not baby then no need an experienced mother. In any case if want to get mother don't get those with kids so young. They see your kid they miss their kids sometimes and then want to go home... and i feel their standard of care differs so their experience not much use. Only the patience and tolerance part helps. My past and current all mothers but just teaching how to make milk i want to pull hair. Different standards. And they don't know basic things like wipe backside is from front to back...worse some may think they more experienced then u and try to impose on you their ways. My friend encountered that. So it really depends on what are her main tasks.
older is more mature but scared not able to tahan the physical part of taking care of kid and chores.
Single scared not mature but they have less baggage when they arrive so tend to adjust faster. My friend said those who work longest for her are single.

Heee you sounded jaded, like most of my friends with maids. It's really a very challenging process. Seriously looks like luck play a big part :( :( :(

Hope you'll find a suitable one soon too :)

Me staying at lor 1a. Cool..we can meet up and play date easily!!

haaa so near. We used to eat at lor 1 market before my girl came along. Now that she's better, we are starting to do breakfast at wet market and hawkers again, miss those days and the food.

You have kids?

For young bubs, the toa payoh safra kids amaze is very good, the baby section. We used to go there before she turns 1.5 yo. I do see other indoor playground with such facilities, kids amaze Tpy safra is good.

I see some of my friends who leave their kids with helpers, hooking up the house with CCTV...very convenient if wanna check on the situations :)

At this point, my thinking is, I'm not even going to let the maid sleep with my older girl, quite heart pain to think that I've 'trained' her to be independent somewhat so far, then when maid comes, she may start to be treated like a queen :( guess I'll tahan until I'm back on my feet again with No.2

Even now with my hubby taking over, I see my girl regressing, not putting her shoes back properly after she's come home, not packing up her toys, etc :( really have to see open and at same time still try to spend more time with the family and reinforce some ground rules lol...

but who knows, I may get addicted to having a maid eventually lol...haaa....

Actually what is the different btw infant care, playgroup and enrichment class? All school can be enrolled by 18 months?

paiseh I'm like answering/ commenting a lot in this forum...here quite quiet at times. So I try to fill in the blanks :) Any inaccurate info, pls pardon me and correct me pls :)

Infant care - it's for babies fr 4m to 17m

Playgroup - it's for toddlers fr 18m to 23m

Nursery 1/ Pre Nursery - it's for toddlers fr 24m to 33m

Enrichment classes can start from as young as 5 months old etc depending on schools. These are typically classes like Music and Movement, Right Brain, Gym Play, Swimming.

Infant care resides in childcare centers typically

Playgroup can be in childcare centers (full day or half day) or enrichment centers (1 to 5 days a week, typically 2-3 hrs daily)

Enrichment classes typically goes from 30 mins to say, 3 hrs each session.

hope this helps :) it's always very confusing for new MTBs :) slowly will become clearer.

I just got a helper... Although she's transferred.. But I think she fine cos she has 2 kids of her own... If u are getting to help u with the baby.. Better get mature candidates better den young ones... As they less scare of babies.. Younger ones might not know how to handle..

Thanks, right now, I'm thinking maid mainly to do housework. That's it. I'll prefer to do my kids chores myself, if I can cope that is, fingers crossed. Since the older one will be in full day childcare.

But I do prefer not too young too. I think they will report an older age right? so if I'm aiming for 1 in her 20s does it mean I should look at the late 20s biodata? Or is older even beta?

I see some of my friends who leave their kids with helpers, hooking up the house with CCTV...very convenient if wanna check on the situations :)

At this point, my thinking is, I'm not even going to let the maid sleep with my older girl, quite heart pain to think that I've 'trained' her to be independent somewhat so far, then when maid comes, she may start to be treated like a queen :( guess I'll tahan until I'm back on my feet again with No.2

Even now with my hubby taking over, I see my girl regressing, not putting her shoes back properly after she's come home, not packing up her toys, etc :( really have to see open and at same time still try to spend more time with the family and reinforce some ground rules lol...

but who knows, I may get addicted to having a maid eventually lol...haaa....
Yes.. im gonna install cctv at home and monitor via hp. Its so advance nw. But some blindspot will be the maid's room. Eg, after I back to work, maid will be alone with bb. What if she bring bb to her room to slp and take care? I wun be install cctv in her room as its her privacy. Any solutions?

paiseh I'm like answering/ commenting a lot in this forum...here quite quiet at times. So I try to fill in the blanks :) Any inaccurate info, pls pardon me and correct me pls :)

Infant care - it's for babies fr 4m to 17m

Playgroup - it's for toddlers fr 18m to 23m

Nursery 1/ Pre Nursery - it's for toddlers fr 24m to 33m

Enrichment classes can start from as young as 5 months old etc depending on schools. These are typically classes like Music and Movement, Right Brain, Gym Play, Swimming.
I stay punggol. And worried its hard to get playgroup for bb. Probably after bb out, faster register and q le.

ling_87 I'm thinking if u r thinking of enrolling your child into those 2-3hts program
I stay punggol. And worried its hard to get playgroup for bb. Probably after bb out, faster register and q le.

Yes sk and punggol queue is quite notorous. But I think more n more cc being set up right?

Are you going for those 2-3hrs daily playgroup or childcare? If childcare, have to queue early. 2-3hrs daily playgroup the queue maybe not as bad I feel.

Chg topic for a while ..

I believe most of u shd be ard 11w-15w preggy now.

If u r into 2nd trimester liao, & a friend casually ask if u r preggy, would u admit? Or u will like avoid the question?

Just curious...

Chg topic for a while ..

If u r into 2nd trimester liao, & a friend casually ask if u r preggy, would u admit? Or u will like avoid the question?

Just curious...
I admit. Even colleagues i admit. No point avoiding cos eventually they will know.

I won't post on fb but if l will disclose to the closed ones and this who ask. :)

oh infant care definitely have to book before birth esp in popular estates. None popular estates, gd to book asap too I feel. No harm, just fill in the forms.

Previously I was curious and asked the PCF about their waitlist for 18 month class, then, my girl was about 1yo. The principal hinted to me don't bother to queue in the waitlist, I won't get a chance lol...

So I feel it's gd to waitlist a few, in case change of mind, in case didn't get the most preferred option, etc.

Same same... the childcare/student around my estate are all fully booked too and my friend say "in SG don't be kiasu, will definitely su :D

Just wondering, some mtbs looking for infant care is becos they have to get to the work force??

Do sahm send their bb to infant care then?

Eight household chores to avoid during pregnancy.
http://sg.******************/avoid-these-8-household-chores-during-pregnancy/

Chg topic for a while ..

Just curious...

I will admit too or just like indirectly admit. I read that usually pregnant ladies' tummy grow the fastest around 4 mths so i think shortly after this 11-15weeks period, people also can tell from the tummy thus I think it shud be okie to admit.

I think you can go check out early. Punggol really v hot, see many people have difficulties getting into childcare/infantcare. But maybe playgroup not that bad?

Eight household chores to avoid during pregnancy.
http://sg.******************/avoid-these-8-household-chores-during-pregnancy/

Wow! That is almost most of the chores! I was exclaiming to my husband, wah i cant do this, wah i cant do that, while reading this. Then he said, okok, you don't do. Haha..

What abt the curry puffs? I was very careful with food when preggy with no.1 but now with no.2 I think I'm starting to slack, feeling bit guilty.

I think any food that's left out cold isn't good esp if there's meat in it. With smoked or cured meat, it's more of the listeria concern. These days when I go for ang mo breakfast, will get them to cook the sausage through and through, well done.
I still eat curry puff. ba kwa. Even bread wif meat in it. Now number 2 i m like not as careful as last time. Still eat potato chips...

ling_87 I'm thinking if u r thinking of enrolling your child into those 2-3hts program

Yes sk and punggol queue is quite notorous. But I think more n more cc being set up right?

Are you going for those 2-3hrs daily playgroup or childcare? If childcare, have to queue early. 2-3hrs daily playgroup the queue maybe not as bad I feel.
More and more confused.. lol so sorry for keep asking. What is the difference? I want to send my bb to classes whereby he/she can interact with other kids at the same time learning and prepare for nursery etc. So which 1 should I go?

Wow! That is almost most of the chores! I was exclaiming to my husband, wah i cant do this, wah i cant do that, while reading this. Then he said, okok, you don't do. Haha..

idea but hor ..... if u see the dusty/sticky floor ... really can't stand until the hb come hme then do ... must do it ASAP followed by a quick wipe of the furnitures with dettol :D

Tat day when i went for 14w genetic scan, my hub ask me 'actually this scan is gynae refer u to go see one is it?

Then i say 'no i read forum, got pple go for 14w scan to see the organs/limbs, so i also go lor'

Then he shake his head...

Then at dr ananda clinic i asked dr a few 'paranoid' questions..

Dr tel my hub 'i think u beta hide her ipad or laptop, she has been reading too much uncecessary stuffs' ..

Then hub give me the 'see i told u so' LOOK.. :mad:

The hubs will think "smh is of bad influence to my wife" :D

I think all the food u mentioned should be ok right ... I ate all of that too :D

Actually most food is okie. The reason why previously the first two mummies guilty about curry puffs was that the Channel 8 show that there are some illegal sellers who do not seem to handle the puffs cleanly thus maybe this was the mummies' concern.

I think we just need to make sure we take food from reliable sources so that at least there is a certain level of standard for hygenic. :)

Tat day when i went for 14w genetic scan, my hub ask me 'actually this scan is gynae refer u to go see one is it?

Then i say 'no i read forum, got pple go for 14w scan to see the organs/limbs, so i also go lor'

Then he shake his head...

Then at dr ananda clinic i asked dr a few 'paranoid' questions..

Dr tel my hub 'i think u beta hide her ipad or laptop, she has been reading too much uncecessary stuffs' ..

Then hub give me the 'see i told u so' LOOK.. :mad:

Hahaha don't read too much of the negative stuff and get influenced :D

Actually most food is okie. The reason why previously the first two mummies guilty about curry puffs was that the Channel 8 show that there are some illegal sellers who do not seem to handle the puffs cleanly thus maybe this was the mummies' concern.

I think we just need to make sure we take food from reliable sources so that at least there is a certain level of standard for hygenic. :)

But somehow the not so hygiene food always seem to be more delicious.
The roadside stalls at the night market always seems so yum yum.....

Hahaha don't read too much of the negative stuff and get influenced :D

But somehow the not so hygiene food always seem to be more delicious.
The roadside stalls at the night market always seems so yum yum.....

Lol. Usually the stalls that get C for cleanliness is always the most tasty, right? Lol. But just be careful at times, in case we so happen have lower immune at certain point n catch the virus. :)

Lol. Usually the stalls that get C for cleanliness is always the most tasty, right? Lol. But just be careful at times, in case we so happen have lower immune at certain point n catch the virus. :)

Hahaha true ..... nowadays with a LO in the tummy are not so adventurous like before ....
We gotta drink more water and eat fruits daily to improve our immune system too :D

at 11 weeks now and my Gynae just told me baby is stable and I can announce my pregnancy le! Not sure if I should do it now now, or wait till first trimester is officially over!

Anyways I'm also going for oscars and detailed scans at week 13. I'm 31 this year.

Back