(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

I don't even dare to look at my weight now :(
Eating whatever it makes me feel happy. With the terrible MS, 能吃是福, 我也不管了。
Yes yes, bf is a must .... is so satisfying to see bb drinking the liquid gold :D
Sane, I think u know my uncle & cousin coz I saw them as common friends on ur FB. What a small world!

For 2nd time mummies, was it easy for your to lose weight back then? This is my no.1, I really hope can lose the pregnancy gained weight but scare will be stuck with it, got small tummy to begin with.

Saw someone from my company, she was even slimmer than before she got pregnant. Envy!

Hi everyone,

Finally plucked up enough courage to join this chat group.

Am 8+ weeks now, EDD 29 August. Expecting #2, my first is a boy, 21 months.

The pregnancy jitters don't get better for me, even second time round. I'm one of the lucky ones without MS, so I really look forward to each gynae scan to confirm that beanie is doing ok.

Will join the FB group once I "pass" the Oscar scan :)

Hello! I am waiting to pass my Oscar too before joining. Lets hope we all do well!

Hi everyone,

Finally plucked up enough courage to join this chat group.

Am 8+ weeks now, EDD 29 August. Expecting #2, my first is a boy, 21 months.

The pregnancy jitters don't get better for me, even second time round. I'm one of the lucky ones without MS, so I really look forward to each gynae scan to confirm that beanie is doing ok.

Will join the FB group once I "pass" the Oscar scan :)

Hello! I am waiting to pass my Oscar too before joining. Lets hope we all do well!

for my 1st one i happily eating and gaining weight... end up gain 20kg!!!! Manage to lost all which i guess is pure luck... but now older liao... scare le... trying to control as much as possible...

have you ladies tot of whether to bf?

Envy! Hope you can lose all again this time too! How did you do it? Did you bf?

Envy! Hope you can lose all again this time too! How did you do it? Did you bf?
Yes i bf for a year... plus post natal massage plus slimming massage.... lost more than 20kg... BUT... i put on ~3kg after i stop bf... important point to take note... initially when people tell me, i still dun believe that after stopping bf, will put on weight... so i just keep eating cos during bf gets hungry easily... so this time round must remember...

Me too, I gained 19kg for my first pregnancy. U can imagine a 1.5m tall pregger at the weight of 64kg at my last trimester. I can't even reach my toes. Took about 6mths to shed off 15kgs & sad that I still have about 4kg remaining of fats in my body now. With bfing, I'm determined to get back to shape faster this time.
I'm not tall either... haha... so towards the end i'm like a penguin... can totally understand how u feel~
how old is your 1st kid?

I'm not tall either... haha... so towards the end i'm like a penguin... can totally understand how u feel~
how old is your 1st kid?
1st kid is a girl at 21 months now. I bf for 9 months & I so agree with u that after I stop bfing, I gained back 2kgs!! Sianz to see the weight escalating after stop bfing.

thk u for yr hugs... i m on mc till 25.1.2015 n nw at hme, eat whatever also has that stucked feeling in my throat...
don noe hw to mke myself feel better other than crying...
ate watever food, always has that sour aftertaste lingering on my tongue n throat... feels awful...
sometimes i force myself to vomit in order to feel better... is dat wrong ?

1st kid is a girl at 21 months now. I bf for 9 months & I so agree with u that after I stop bfing, I gained back 2kgs!! Sianz to see the weight escalating after stop bfing.
salute... i feel it's not easy to handle 2 kids who's age are close... jiayou! so is your girl in cc or?

Yes i bf for a year... plus post natal massage plus slimming massage.... lost more than 20kg... BUT... i put on ~3kg after i stop bf... important point to take note... initially when people tell me, i still dun believe that after stopping bf, will put on weight... so i just keep eating cos during bf gets hungry easily... so this time round must remember...

Okie. Thanks for sharing the tips! Hopefully I can bf too.

thk u for yr hugs... i m on mc till 25.1.2015 n nw at hme, eat whatever also has that stucked feeling in my throat...
don noe hw to mke myself feel better other than crying...
ate watever food, always has that sour aftertaste lingering on my tongue n throat... feels awful...
sometimes i force myself to vomit in order to feel better... is dat wrong ?

Having an after taste in mouth really make you lose appetite. I had after taste in mouth too and I didnt want to eat anything too. When I reached close to 10 weeks, the after taste start to go off though I still feel nausea and vomited more. Don't worry, just hang on and keep trying different food n drink. Whatever you can keep in, is a bonus. If really cannot, also don't feel bad.

Must drink water, ok. Jia you jia you. Take this time to rest, or watch some funny programme.

Gynae will give mc for checkup right? Last appointment was the first time I had appointment on weekday, I also took my own leave. On the day then my gynae's nurse told me can issue MC. Will use MC going forward although will be alot since will have visits all the way to delivery.

Earlier on I couldn't tell anyone about it so for my last few visits I used my leave, fortunately was in last calendar year. But since I've told my boss, I will also use mc in the future....

Earlier on I couldn't tell anyone about it so for my last few visits I used my leave, fortunately was in last calendar year. But since I've told my boss, I will also use mc in the future....

My upcoming appt is Oscars and I hope to tell only after that. So still thinking to take leave or MC. But leaning towards MC to save leave.

I like uniqlo. They dun have specific maternity wear but their stuff is versatile enough esp the loose dresses and tops. Some bottoms are elastic too. Prices are reasonable.
Work wear becomes more difficult to source at reasonable prices. But when there are sales maybe can get some pieces from normal shops at good prices. One of my best loved dress is from gg<5. Bought it during sale at 50% and it can bring me from first to third tri comfortably. Even after delivery still can wear cos got belt.
Yes. I went last wk n saw some dresses suitable to be worn during preg. But i dun like to wear dress so didnt buy.

With my current close team, no one was pregnant before because the only mother close shop before she joined us. Last time I had a colleague who had left the team, she managed to get maternity n no pay leave for v long. So I don't know what to expect because it was also a different boss back then. Hopefully it will be okie.

Pray for favorable responses from your team!! Jia you! :)

My hubby has 2 nieces who gave birth one after another one. My hubby is youngest so all his elder sister kids all like in the 20s liao.. :p

So last weekend when we visit the mil, i asked her the gender of the bb of one of the niece. She replied 'aiya, gal lah' ..
Then i was thinking y she sound so :(

Then after awhile she come over tel me another niece give birth is boy.. She say 'the bb so cute the eyes so big, eyelid so deep' ...

Then i say okay. Boy or gal as long healthy can Liao..

Then she say 'gender impt also'

Then i say 'nt impt to me... '

She say 'nt impt to u but impt to us pple' ..

Then i wanna rebuke her but i think beta not lah.. :mad:

Alamak... your mil is quite traditional in mindset. More importantly is what you and your husband think!

Hi welcome. We have quite a few similarities. My 1st one is a girl & is 21mths too (born in Apr 2013). We are around the same EDD, mine is 25 Aug. And I do not have MS too. Haha... Nice to meet u here
Hi! Wa we are quite similar indeed. My boy was born 29 March but was due in April. Did you join the April mummies group??

Me just did harmony test yesterday.. Abit anxious Abt the results..

Hope like wat doc say, it will take lesser than 2weeks. Hope the lab no delay, & the air courier also no delay.

But from wat i heard/read usually they will email/fax the results over first then clinic will convey to u. Then when the report come in, doc will explain to u

Ya.. My hubby 'claims' to be neutral.. But :confused: ...

I keep 'reminding' my hubby that boy/gal is determined by the guy .. See whether his 'swimmer' carry x or y chromosomes..

Alamak... your mil is quite traditional in mindset. More importantly is what you and your husband think!

Ya.. My hubby 'claims' to be neutral.. But :confused: ...

I keep 'reminding' my hubby that boy/gal is determined by the guy .. See whether his 'swimmer' carry x or y chromosomes..

I also 看开。。。 no matter what have to accept because is our flesh and blood :p

Ya lor.. Of course will love.. Is the 爱情结精

After all we are all chinese.. Somehow chinese have this abit of 重男轻女 mentality in them, especially more so in older generation & in our generation men... :p

Maybe they wont show or they refuse to ack/admit it.. it but i always believe is there somewhere somehow... Is only whether they will voice out their preference.. Or they choose not to stress the wives...

Some will claim like hubby or mil or fil no preference, but i still think :rolleyes:

salute... i feel it's not easy to handle 2 kids who's age are close... jiayou! so is your girl in cc or?
I'm a SAHM but sending her to half day childcare next mth. Probably gotta get a helper coz I have no confidence handling 2 kids. Plus the elder one is turning terrible two, I dread to think what's gonna happen after Aug. But we prefer the age gap to be closer so it's really a blessing to have conceived now.

Hi! Wa we are quite similar indeed. My boy was born 29 March but was due in April. Did you join the April mummies group??
Yup I joined April's mummy group too but was in group 2 so there wasn't much of interaction. How abt u? Have u wondered how to manage 2 kids in Aug? I am seriously jittery when I think about it!

Me just did harmony test yesterday.. Abit anxious Abt the results..

Hope like wat doc say, it will take lesser than 2weeks. Hope the lab no delay, & the air courier also no delay.

But from wat i heard/read usually they will email/fax the results over first then clinic will convey to u. Then when the report come in, doc will explain to u
Don't get too stressed up, the test is done & it's up to nature to decide on the results. When u seeing doc John again?

I don't even dare to look at my weight now :(
Eating whatever it makes me feel happy. With the terrible MS, 能吃是福, 我也不管了。
Yes yes, bf is a must .... is so satisfying to see bb drinking the liquid gold :D

Me too I don't dare to weigh now . The last time I weigh I gain another 3 kg and this is only the first trimester ;(

read the topic abt boy or girl gender. really dislike the comment.. "gender not impt to u but impt to us old people."

bth. really wan to rebut them. ya ya.. come out boy but not healthy got problem type, u happy meh? these kind of funny old ppl.

some one tell me nowadays give birth to girl when she grow up get married, u will gain another family member. when u have boy when he get married he will go off elsewhere to another family like less 1 person to u.....

btw which mth is oscar test or harmony tesy usually done? 4th to 5th mth?

Last edited:
Ya lor.. Of course will love.. Is the 爱情结精

After all we are all chinese.. Somehow chinese have this abit of 重男轻女 mentality in them, especially more so in older generation & in our generation men... :p

Maybe they wont show or they refuse to ack/admit it.. it but i always believe is there somewhere somehow... Is only whether they will voice out their preference.. Or they choose not to stress the wives...

Some will claim like hubby or mil or fil no preference, but i still think :rolleyes:

I think same gender will prefer same gender.... but the boss of the family is ...... my gal and she prefers a 妹妹 :confused:

But she get along with my friend's younger son too ..... *keep the finger crossed*

Don't get too stressed up, the test is done & it's up to nature to decide on the results. When u seeing doc John again?

I just found out another 2 friends also got Jul EDD and they r seeing prof John too :D

Me too I don't dare to weigh now . The last time I weigh I gain another 3 kg and this is only the first trimester ;(

2 kids and u can close shop already ;)
I also don't dare to weigh ... I think i gain more than that. Just keep eat and eat non stop :D

read the topic abt boy or girl gender. really dislike the comment.. "gender not impt to u but impt to us old people."

bth. really wan to rebut them. ya ya.. come out boy but not healthy got problem type, u happy meh? these kind of funny old ppl.

some one tell me nowadays give birth to girl when she grow up get married, u will gain another family member. when u have boy when he get married he will go off elsewhere to another family like less 1 person to u.....

Chill chill :D:D ... is true cause after my bro got married. He appeared only once in a blue moon. Sometimes he will appear and bring my parents out for dinner.
The oscar test can be done around 11-13 weeks .... harmony should be around the same too.

I agree that girls can be more caring and take care of parents more . But older generation do prefer boys more than girls .

my younger brother is more 重男轻女. Me and sis were so surprised when he displayed such traits when his wife preg. Lucky for him he got a boy. My parents are not as traditional as him. Cannot tahan.

Mummies, anyone still having greenish discharge? Remember some time back we were discussing abt this. I read online, it states this will occur in early stage in preg n if no smell no itch is ok. But i m 11 wks now, still have the greenish discharge only when i wipe it. It is not a lot. Normal? Can we call gynae to ask?

Mummies, anyone still having greenish discharge? Remember some time back we were discussing abt this. I read online, it states this will occur in early stage in preg n if no smell no itch is ok. But i m 11 wks now, still have the greenish discharge only when i wipe it. It is not a lot. Normal? Can we call gynae to ask?

I think one of the mummy here said her gynae said is normal. But I think you can call your gynae to ask, just to confirm. :)

Back