(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Ok, maybe I'll kop some samples from the clinic also. But I tried the vanilla flavor and i hate the taste, its so thick & taste weird. Maybe I'll add milo the next time too since i preferred chocolate flavor.

@sane you sound like a great cook man. Lol. I feel hungry by reading your instructions to cook baked rice! :p

I think i also get sian of eating outside food so carve for home cooked meal :)

SL say nestle nan is good, maybe u want to get samples from the clinic to try?

For mummies who are also happy call fans can now also put your HCP into good use with these receipes:

www.munchministry.com

I wanted to hold myself back from joining this thread too.

My first preg will fine, 2nd preg baby did not develop. So this is my 3rd preg!

Ladies lets Jia you and try to look on the positive side!

Strawberrymilkshake, pls rest well and avoid carrying heavy stuff and walking around too much!

Slchua, reading ur post make me salivate.

I too can't cook now! Will gag and vomit, dun have the strength. And it doesn't help that my mil is temporary staying at my place.

Glad that u not only join this grp but also another grp :p

If I'm going to cook I need to get all kitchen wares. . Like knife, chopping board etc.. which I feel is a waste of $$ since I plan to move bk to my mum place nearing the end of pregnancy. ..

I actually got my stuff from Daiso, cheap and good hehe and if your mum cook, u can go home for home cooked food too.

No.. gynae prescribe nothing to me yet... haiz.

Maybe u request from her during the next visit. :D

I thought u will know on the same day?

That day is the result of the scan and 3 days later will be the combination of blood and scan.

They will give a overall ratio of the combination :)

Hi mummies, I m 7w+ preggie with my #2, EDD in late Aug. Last Sunday, I started to have light spotting, then followed by brown discharge & blood clots, then this morning after I had a 'hard' time 'pushing out' my poopoo in the toilet, I started to experience red discharge.

I went to KKH A&E last Sunday and was prescribed with Duphaston. I m very worried.
Have any mummies experienced such thing before? My pregnancy with my #1 was perfectly fine.
TIA

I am quite immune to it already. When the Dr do the scan, he say can see there's still bleeding in the womb and only return if there's fresh blood + clots.

So avoid heavy stuff, take more fruits and drink water, less stress. Think positively, u will be fine.

Hee hee i also do baked rice too! Torally agree with sane. Oil free and easy to clean up. If I make chicken essence I will use chicken fillet and the chicken fillet is usually used for chicken baked rice. Add some broccoli as broccoli is one of the best veg to consume!
I am a super worrier too! I actually went for counselling in the early weeks as I kept thinking back to the last mc and how all the events are u folding in a similar manner. It is not healthy for sure and hubby does not really understand why I am behaving in this manner. But I guess we are all normal to worry!
I highly recommend nestle nan haha. I cannot stand those with thick vanilla taste. And nestle nan can drink cold which in third tri is such a welcome. The milk powder doesn't need hot water to make into milk.

And the kids love it! I rather my gal take the home cooked food rather than outside food.
Do u remove the stalk and pre boil the broccoli before baking it? She doesn't like green so i intend to add it discreetly by mashing it.

Now at this stage, we can only look forward. We live in pain and misery if we live in the past, what i learnt is to let go, forget about the past and move forward, look and plan for the future. Stay optimistic.

Okok tks, I will request for sample fr nan, dunno whether I will like it. :D

how huh. my co is moving but they have designated movers to help us pack and move. so all we need is to pack our personal stuff eg.. stationery, hand cream, etc into a carton and label it. we get to leave at 4pm and the movers will move to the new bldg from 5pm onwards. tmrw we will go to work in the new bldg. so hor question is am I able to be ard as in just pack my personal belongings.. or should I not be ard that day..

wah u ladies still hv energy to cook. hv been v tired and want to sleep after knocking off fr work.. dont feel like doing anything else..

I have spinning headache whole day

Y is tat so ah

Totally no mood to do anything ... no mood to eat n etc

Wan puke but nothing ccomes out

First time feeling so giddy today

how huh. my co is moving but they have designated movers to help us pack and move. so all we need is to pack our personal stuff eg.. stationery, hand cream, etc into a carton and label it. we get to leave at 4pm and the movers will move to the new bldg from 5pm onwards. tmrw we will go to work in the new bldg. so hor question is am I able to be ard as in just pack my personal belongings.. or should I not be ard that day..

wah u ladies still hv energy to cook. hv been v tired and want to sleep after knocking off fr work.. dont feel like doing anything else..

Last time my colleague got another colleague to help pack and she went on leave cos she pantang :D

That day is the result of the scan and 3 days later will be the combination of blood and scan.

They will give a overall ratio of the combination :)

I am quite immune to it already. When the Dr do the scan, he say can see there's still bleeding in the womb and only return if there's fresh blood + clots.

So avoid heavy stuff, take more fruits and drink water, less stress. Think positively, u will be fine.

And the kids love it! I rather my gal take the home cooked food rather than outside food.
Do u remove the stalk and pre boil the broccoli before baking it? She doesn't like green so i intend to add it discreetly by mashing it.

Now at this stage, we can only look forward. We live in pain and misery if we live in the past, what i learnt is to let go, forget about the past and move forward, look and plan for the future. Stay optimistic.

Okok tks, I will request for sample fr nan, dunno whether I will like it. :D
Yah usually will steam the broccoli before hand if it is for my boy. He eats the stems too. For discreet greens can try mash potato patty. I add carrots broccoli and corn to it and pan fry the potato patty.

My office dept moved during my last pregnancy. The good thing was it was during my second tri so by then everyone knew and pitched in to help me. If I remember correctly the move took place when we were out of office so we just went for lunch and then head to the new office. The part that I was more concerned with is the residual fumes from the reno. My colleague was really nice about it and got me an air purifier. I don't think it was that effective but it set my mind at ease.
Maybe you get some charcoal to absorb the smells if any. The smells can make one feel quite uncomfortable esp since we are more sensitive now. Even when my colleagues use those aroma air purifiers i feel bad and have to open window.

Y is tat so ah

Take care. I had giddy spells too last time and will almost black out type. Best is if someone can be with you if you are feeling giddy.

If u r unable to take leave, better be careful when they r carrying heavy stuff.

Keke better take a early good rest.

Y is tat so ah

This is morning sickness :(

Hi mommies... Is it normal to have dull cramps when proceeding towards 10 weeks? Only started to have cramps today and I'm going towards 10 weeks in 2 more days...

Thank you sl.. As this is my first actual pregnancy so being paranoid.. I guess... Cos my gynae mentioned if got cramps also must look out...

Jia you. You will get better soon. Then you will eat so much that you will be amazed at your appetite.

Thanks for your encouragement. :) Hehe.. Maybe when tat time comes, we will be complaining that we eat too much, put on weight too fast and get hungry too easily. Lol!

I think i also get sian of eating outside food so carve for home cooked meal :)

SL say nestle nan is good, maybe u want to get samples from the clinic to try?

For mummies who are also happy call fans can now also put your HCP into good use with these receipes:

www.munchministry.com

Glad that u not only join this grp but also another grp :p

I actually got my stuff from Daiso, cheap and good hehe and if your mum cook, u can go home for home cooked food too.

Maybe u request from her during the next visit. :D

Yah, maybe I ask her during nx visit. Hehe. :)

Yah usually will steam the broccoli before hand if it is for my boy. He eats the stems too. For discreet greens can try mash potato patty. I add carrots broccoli and corn to it and pan fry the potato patty.

Wooh.. The potato patty sounds yummy!

Sane recommend hot soupy macaroni and I tried that for dinner. Quite good! So maybe mee sua n macaroni works for me abit.
Too tired/nausea to cook, mostly eat out nowadays. Haiz.

Thank you sl.. As this is my first actual pregnancy so being paranoid.. I guess... Cos my gynae mentioned if got cramps also must look out...

If got bleeding then contact your gynae.
These two days, my back very aching during evening and abit like PMS, i also worried. Somemore just now like suddenly got slight pain on tummy. But if no bleeding, i just try not to think about it.
Jia you and stay healthy!

Here u go

Attachments

• 14211577380891192655169.jpg
    14211577380891192655169.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 157
Even this is my 2nd, i also get paranoid. It is common. Only when our tummy gets bigger n when we can feel the kicks of the bb then we will feel better. Coz better tracking. ☺

My office dept moved during my last pregnancy. The good thing was it was during my second tri so by then everyone knew and pitched in to help me. If I remember correctly the move took place when we were out of office so we just went for lunch and then head to the new office. The part that I was more concerned with is the residual fumes from the reno. My colleague was really nice about it and got me an air purifier. I don't think it was that effective but it set my mind at ease.
Maybe you get some charcoal to absorb the smells if any. The smells can make one feel quite uncomfortable esp since we are more sensitive now. Even when my colleagues use those aroma air purifiers i feel bad and have to open window.
Tat reminds me.. do u all have colleague who put on very strong perfume n made u even wan to puke more??

tell me about it! didn't know that i could turn into a bloodhound - i would cringe when walking pass someone with strong perfume. Can't image your predicament where your colleagues are the source of strong odours!

I've also been soooo fatigued recently. Took a nap during lunch yesterday (slept for 30 mins) and fell asleep during a teleconf call on Monday. Of course I remind myself that's not the worse symptom out there so I should suck it up. Brought a neck pillow to work so that I can snooze more comfortably. LOL

I cant stand strong perfume and smoke too... So if I am walking or waiting at traffic lights, I got no choice but to cover my nose and mouth when smokers are near. It seems abit impolite but I cannot tahan and I scare the 2nd hand smoke will harm my baby. Yesterday I almost gag at the traffic lights because of the smell...

I cant stand strong perfume and smoke too... So if I am walking or waiting at traffic lights, I got no choice but to cover my nose and mouth when smokers are near. It seems abit impolite but I cannot tahan and I scare the 2nd hand smoke will harm my baby. Yesterday I almost gag at the traffic lights because of the smell...
Dun need to worry about being impolite. If they have their right to smoke we have the right to cover our nose and mouth. I don't give face one. If i see smokers at hdb void deck i will call up nea to report. I hate it when smokers smoke where they are not supposed to and yet behave like it is their right. And i will tell my boy not to go near cos it is smelly. If they hear it that is their problem.

Dun need to worry about being impolite. If they have their right to smoke we have the right to cover our nose and mouth. I don't give face one. If i see smokers at hdb void deck i will call up nea to report. I hate it when smokers smoke where they are not supposed to and yet behave like it is their right. And i will tell my boy not to go near cos it is smelly. If they hear it that is their problem.

Agree with your method!
I dislike those people who don't smoke in their own house but go out to smoke in corridors and void decks. They don't want their family to get their 2nd hand smoke then they feel other people should get their 2nd hand smoke? So inconsiderate.
Worse is I have a neighbour who like to smoke at corridors at times and throw his cigarette butts on the floor. Very selfish.

Hi all mothers-to-be

I have been following this thread for sometime and really glad to have found this forum.
Thank God for all of you who are giving encouragement and advice to each other. :)

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant in my first pregnancy... a bit unexpected as i got married last Nov... so was a little sudden for me.
EDD is Aug 21 and I am with Dr John Yam. He is quite jovial and nice to speak with; but his Sat's appointments are very full and hence the time we have with him is rather short. Guess it's common with most gynae..

I also experienced light spotting and backaches last Dec as my work consist of fieldwork and hence, i need to walk quite a bit...
Given some "An-tai" medicine by Dr Yam and it is running out. He also said no need to continue if no spotting.
However, i am a bit worried as i have more fieldwork visits scheduled in Feb and the months ahead. Not sure if i should request for the med as it seems like i have to continue the field visits... i also experienced acne outbreak while on the medication... not sure if any one of you experienced that.

MS so far is also episodic... it sets in when i am hungry and i have to eat every 1.5 hours... so far i have put on 3kgs. :(

Seems like most of you are doing either Oscars or Harmony Test .
I am a bit undecided between the both.
Am more inclined towards Harmony as it appears to be a more advanced test... but it costs a lot more.
Would OSCAR test suffice given that i am below 30 years old?
Thanks!

tell me about it! didn't know that i could turn into a bloodhound - i would cringe when walking pass someone with strong perfume. Can't image your predicament where your colleagues are the source of strong odours!

I've also been soooo fatigued recently. Took a nap during lunch yesterday (slept for 30 mins) and fell asleep during a teleconf call on Monday. Of course I remind myself that's not the worse symptom out there so I should suck it up. Brought a neck pillow to work so that I can snooze more comfortably. LOL
Oh dear! U fell asleep during conf call? So did the other party hear u snoring? Hehe!
sleep is nv enough. So i m thinking of getting chicken essence. Maybe i check with gynae next mth is ok to take..

My next appt is nxt week (12th week scan) :p im not so sure abt the oscar term is it like a full fetal scan? Cause im doing one on my next visit plus blood works..

Same. My nxt appt also nxt week, can't wait. Hehe. I had yet to done the ocar scan too, but i guess its to check DS & the thickness of the neck etc, something like that. And I'm so scared of blood test. :/

Used to have a smoker sitting near me. But she left..now another one has strong perfume smell. Feel like applying my own essential oil.

Reminds me of my ex colleague, her perfume is like kinda stale. Overnight perfume smell and I told her, she say is like that one lah .... :confused:

Hi all mothers-to-be

I have been following this thread for sometime and really glad to have found this forum.
Thank God for all of you who are giving encouragement and advice to each other. :)

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant in my first pregnancy... a bit unexpected as i got married last Nov... so was a little sudden for me.
EDD is Aug 21 and I am with Dr John Yam. He is quite jovial and nice to speak with; but his Sat's appointments are very full and hence the time we have with him is rather short. Guess it's common with most gynae..

I also experienced light spotting and backaches last Dec as my work consist of fieldwork and hence, i need to walk quite a bit...
Given some "An-tai" medicine by Dr Yam and it is running out. He also said no need to continue if no spotting.
However, i am a bit worried as i have more fieldwork visits scheduled in Feb and the months ahead. Not sure if i should request for the med as it seems like i have to continue the field visits... i also experienced acne outbreak while on the medication... not sure if any one of you experienced that.

MS so far is also episodic... it sets in when i am hungry and i have to eat every 1.5 hours... so far i have put on 3kgs. :(

Seems like most of you are doing either Oscars or Harmony Test .
I am a bit undecided between the both.
Am more inclined towards Harmony as it appears to be a more advanced test... but it costs a lot more.
Would OSCAR test suffice given that i am below 30 years old?
Thanks!

I ate alot too and I do not dare to step on the weighing scale. Whenever the ms coming, I will look for something to munch too.

I feel below 30, Oscar will be sufficient. However u might like to check with your gynae.

Haiz. I am worried everyday too. Will only relax when im able to see my bb's heartbeat on my checkups. Hate e long wait.

Find something to do like surfing the forum and divert the thoughts. :D

Agree with your method!
I dislike those people who don't smoke in their own house but go out to smoke in corridors and void decks. They don't want their family to get their 2nd hand smoke then they feel other people should get their 2nd hand smoke? So inconsiderate.
Worse is I have a neighbour who like to smoke at corridors at times and throw his cigarette butts on the floor. Very selfish.
I also have a neighbour who is like tat! He has 3 kids ranging from pri sch age to 2 yrs old. Guess wat? He stood next to my door n smoke there! My hubby saw him standing there when my hubby came home. He asked him to go dwnstairs to smoke. Actually common corridor can smoke meh? I so piss tat i put my old clothes rack there to occupy the space. Hang wif the same old towel for months. I think tat man knows. But i dun care. So inconsiderate!

When my hubby see smokers at lift lobby, he will tell them off. He cant stand ppl smoke in areas where they r not supposed to smoke. But many times these ppl dun seems to understand english. But i was telling my hubby, u kaypo others later they gangster hit u how? But he dun care.

Same. My nxt appt also nxt week, can't wait. Hehe. I had yet to done the ocar scan too, but i guess its to check DS & the thickness of the neck etc, something like that. And I'm so scared of blood test. :/

Look elsewhere, don't look at the needle. :D
Actually the needle poking is v mild compared to contractions :p

Today no vomitting! Was telling hubby i worry.. but guess we have to maintain a positive mindset. Maybe ms is over. Cross fingers!

Keke .. how many weeks now?

My hub will always remind mi tat baby is healthy when i m having ms. Lol. And i munch alot on biscuits cos thats e only thing he/she wanna eat. And i have been having fillet meal from mac for 3 days. Lol

My hub will always remind mi tat baby is healthy when i m having ms. Lol. And i munch alot on biscuits cos thats e only thing he/she wanna eat. And i have been having fillet meal from mac for 3 days. Lol

Yum yum ..... I luv the fillet O' fish fr mac but get tired of the fries. How i wish they have the A&W onion rings.

I also have a neighbour who is like tat! He has 3 kids ranging from pri sch age to 2 yrs old. Guess wat? He stood next to my door n smoke there! My hubby saw him standing there when my hubby came home. He asked him to go dwnstairs to smoke. Actually common corridor can smoke meh? I so piss tat i put my old clothes rack there to occupy the space. Hang wif the same old towel for months. I think tat man knows. But i dun care. So inconsiderate!

high 5! Maybe we have the same neighbour, he also 3 kids. Then hor, recently we received a note from Town Council saying that our downstairs neighbour complained got cigarette butts being thrown to their level. I am wondering is it our neighbour because my house only me and hubby and we both don't smoke! I was telling hubby, please ask Town Council don't be so silly la, they think the cigarette butt won't get flown around by wind meh?

I think they are not supposed to smoke along common corridor leh but still.... And the family like to chain all their bicycles along the common staircase, I always said nx time got fire, got no space for people to escape lo. So inconsiderate.

When my hubby see smokers at lift lobby, he will tell them off. He cant stand ppl smoke in areas where they r not supposed to smoke. But many times these ppl dun seems to understand english. But i was telling my hubby, u kaypo others later they gangster hit u how? But he dun care.
Yah, I also scare those people will beat us up or take revenge so don't dare say anything lo. Somemore some people nowadays all very violent 1.

Yum yum ..... I luv the fillet O' fish fr mac but get tired of the fries. How i wish they have the A&W onion rings.

The twister fries is out from Mac, can go eat. :)
Onion rings, can go BK too. :)
Waiting for the Chicken prosperity burger to come out from Mac. Was telling hubby yesterday I am not going to patronise Mac until they come out with chicken. Why always don't come out beef and chicken together and worse is the other day, they actually broadcast the wrong advertisement and showed the chicken version, made me happy, thought that chicken came out first for this year.

Haiz... I feel my MS quite frequent. Today I almost want to puke at lunch liao and I almost got the urge to tell my cols. End up I have to drink lemon tea to curb the nausea. Eating rather little every meal.

Today no vomitting! Was telling hubby i worry.. but guess we have to maintain a positive mindset. Maybe ms is over. Cross fingers!
Maybe MS is temporarily taking a break. But I understand your concern. When I have a little break from MS, I was so worried. Maybe your MS ends early at week 10. :)

Anyone with menstrual like cramps at week7+?? No bleeding nor spotting though, just cramps.

Is it getting more intense or about the same? Could it be uterus stretching? If you feel unbearable, can give gynae a call. I had cramps during early weeks, like 4-5. Then these few days, I have achy backache, and abit PMS, like AF time but I went to google and some people said it is normal.

Hi just to check... Is oscar test or harmony test same is detailed scan? Or is it 2 different things entirely.
Im coming into my 11 weeks. I see some mummies saying going for harmony by week 12.

Back