(2014) ivf mummies support group

All so motivated! Mschar for two kids Liao want try for no.3?

Good luck joe! Wait for your good news.

Yup how is the rest of the mummies who is there with us during our preggy moments? I am missing circles, sumiko, dolly. Kitkats still have occasional passing by msg :)

Same, i only see this page now. Let's go for next round together again haha. . Faith Dec see Dr Tan har.. then i shall try in Nov too haha. .

Yeah I think we should all go for next round together and be journey buddies again.

I changed my appointment to October. I'm seeing Dr Tan to hear his advice for me - whether natural FET or medicated FET. Then still must tiao the body under Dr Zou. I think at least 3 months before FET will be better. For my girl, I was under Dr Zou for 1 year. Now I don't think I can afford the time.

It's like deja vu.

Faith I can't imagine going back to dr Zou and wait so long and then go Kkivf also wait so long. Now that there is no.1 think very very hard. Oct is next month! Hope you succeed in no.2 first try! Lucky still got frozen eggs can't imagine all the retrieval and stuff.

I don't think I'm starting FET so soon lah. Just want to get some advices from Dr Tan only. Furthermore, if I go for FET now, I don't think my body is at its best. Still must go to Dr Zou to tiao body first. Then who's going to take care of #1? Now I'm her main caregiver. I have no parents to help, no PIL to help, no maid to help. She's super clingy to me!

bring her to kkivf? I seen that last time when I went there but usually their no.1 is around 2-3years old. sit there and watch ipad while waiting with mama.

ladies all our lo coming 1 soon. how is the milestones so far? my girls are not eating solids properly. not yet 3 meals. 2 meals also cant finish the expected qty. sad. hope it gets better. my girls are crawling and climbing and walking with support, haven't start to walk on its own or stand up on its own or support themselves on their two legs on own. talking not yet as well.

My girl is still eating 2 meals most of the time. Sometimes 3 meals. If it's 2 meals with 5 hours interval, she can finish almost 250 ml of food each meal. But if it's 3 meals with 4 hours interval, her intake for each meal is reduced. Maybe only about 150-180 ml of food. Her 2 favourite food so far are millet porridge with broccoli, egg yolk & threadfin, and butternut, potato, celery & beef with mixed herbs. Fruit is avocado.

Milestones wise, she can call out to us papa and mama specifically. She can say nai nai when she wants milk. She will shake her head/do the vomit sound/push out her tongue to tell me she has enough of her food. She will also tell me that she's hungry/wants to eat by sticking out her tongue continuously. When she rubs her eyes/ears, she wants to sleep. When she needs help like change diaper, she will call out to us. She can say bye bye with hand action and hi with hand action. She claps her hands when she wants us to play with her. She's using her own way to communicate with us.

She can sit up on her own, can crawl, can stand up with support, can step to the sides with support.

I only have issue with her sleep pattern. She's still waking up every hour. On good days, she can stretch to almost 2 hours. But nothing more than 2 hours.

She started calling papa first at 6 months old. Then mama at 9 months old.

She is a little chatterbox now. She "talks" quite a bit. Then I'll talk to her. I have never baby talk to her before. Just talk to her like normal adults. Sometimes I use puppets. She likes the puppets.

The other day when we were in the restaurant, there were 3 children of different ages, including my girl. The other 2 were boys and they are much older, maybe about 3-4 years old. Then one of the boys started making some noise like "ah". Then my girl also went "ah", followed by the second boy. Then they started "ah"ing for a while. At that moment, it was so amusing that all the other customers in the restaurant turned to look at them and laugh and say only they understood one another.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, she will also kiss us on our lips when we say kiss kiss. She will stretch out her arms when we say hug hug/抱抱.

She will bring her head forward and touch our foreheads when we say "touch head" in Teochew.

Last edited:
Ladies all the best to your #2 journey!

my girl can claps hands when we ask her to.. sit up on her own, walk with support around the cot n playard. now attempting to stand but not so stable yet. have called papa mama too.. blabber alot too.. boy not yet.. tho blabber alot but dunno how to sit up on his own yet. very different progress.

faith i have been giving them 3 meals a day.. 2 porridge meals n 1 yogurt/fruits meal.. intermediate some snacks like yogurt melts or heinz biscuits.. still full bfing.

so far i haven try threadfin.. only give cod n salmon.. they love beef the most

Last edited:
So far how do you all feed your babies water? Can they drink from sippy or straw cup?

My girl still can't drink from sippy cup or straw cup. Each time I feed her water is only during solids meal time and I use spoon to feed her. The other day, I saw a 9 months old girl can drink from straw cup. So I asked the mum how she trained her. The mum said she didn't train her. She just passed the cup to her and she can suck from the straw.

Cheery, when I give her 3 solid meals a day, I give her baby oat with fruits for breakfast and for lunch and dinner, it's the same porridge meal that I cook for lunch. I'll put a portion in the thermal cup for dinner later. Usually after her afternoon nap, I'll bring her out, so storing in the thermal cup beforehand is very helpful. I just pack everything in the bag and off we go when she wakes up.

faith i give them sippy cup during snack time they just take n suck to drink haven try on straw yet...

same here give them fruits n oats for breakfast n porridge for lunch n dinner.. Usually they can finish the whole pot as i feed both. using the pwrpac 0.7L slow cooker.. dinner will be different porridge i dun keep heating it.. once cooked i switch off n it cools down just nice during feeding not serving it hot as they cant take hot food..

so far i give them cod n salmon.. nv give threadfin cos stronger fishy smell... they love beef the most haha

Last edited:
Cheery, can they hold the sippy cup themselves and drink from it? Or you actually need to hold the cup for them?

I give sippy cup or straw cup to my girl, she will hold it up, will not put into her mouth, play with it and then throw them away. Haha! Sometimes I feel that she's trying to tell me, "Hey mummy, I'm fine with you feeding me water with the spoon, so why are you giving me these cups?"

I thought salmon has stronger fishy smell? Threadfin so far, I've never encountered fishy smell. I've not tried cod. Maybe I should start giving her.

My girl prefers warm for porridge. Cold for fruits.

faith, they can hold up n drink from it at 8mth.. i just pass to them.

Cod is very nice as it is quite fatty n sweet.

i serve warm porridge & fruits n they love it. only yogurt i serve cold

Last edited:
My girls can drink from straw cup. They will take themselves on the table and drink. I must open the lid. They will drink and spit out the water and wet the whole floor or rompers (playing with water). Starting they don't behave this way but lately been spitting out a lot. food and water. Faith just keep giving straw Cup to your girl. I didn and don't know how to teach I just keep giving to them and they just bite bite bite and one fine day they just suck themselves.

OMG! I can't believe my eyes. I'm so happy now. I just gave my girl the OXO Tot straw cup (I have a pigeon straw cup with handles. OXO Tot straw cup doesn't have handles) a while ago, and guess what? She drank from the oxo tot straw cup!!! It is really true that babies will do it when they are ready!

She's now 10.5 months old. When I first have her sippy cup and straw cup at about 7.5 months old, she rejected both. I notice she doesn't like cup with handles. Last week, I gave her oxo tot sippy cup with handles, she threw it away.
Gong xi gong xi...hee hee

Bb_hc, yes no intention to work. In fact, no intention to return to workforce full time but I don't mind being a freelancer, doing ad-hoc work. When did you become SAHM? After ML? Maybe, you, me and cheery, can meet up to have play dates. Hehe!

Kitkats, are you a SAHM too?

Iwahb, about 3-4 times. When we are at home, I nurse more. When we are outside, I nurse less.

Hi Mummies! I've been a silent reader here for a very long time hehe. I'm also a 2014 ivf mummy to a December baby boy, who was born slightly premature (EDD was supposedly Jan 2015) I did my ivf at KK with Dr Tan HH and then switch to Dr SF Loh after I bfp. I'm also a SAHM and hoping to make friends with mummies here

How i wish i can be a sham but yet i need $$ to buy more bags haha.
Anyone going to the coming fair?
Bb_hc, we miss you. Long time no hear from you.
Anyone of your baby scream or cry very loud. I think mine is super..go out i feel so pai seh. My girl just cry or scream with the volume so loud. Omg..
So you all plan for bday for your babies already?

Hi @faithfullyyours @LynnCandy yes my boy's volume is loud to the max! There's no warning. Actually he is quite a happy baby, but when he sees someone that he doesn't quite like, he will just cry out loud. And if he sees someone that clicks with him, he will smile and play with him/her. His crying is very extreme and usually he will be very angry and keep pushing his body back and forth...

Bb_hc, yes no intention to work. In fact, no intention to return to workforce full time but I don't mind being a freelancer, doing ad-hoc work. When did you become SAHM? After ML? Maybe, you, me and cheery, can meet up to have play dates. Hehe!

Kitkats, are you a SAHM too?

Iwahb, about 3-4 times. When we are at home, I nurse more. When we are outside, I nurse less.
after ML. So hope to get another round of ML. Yeah, can arrange .

Me! I preordered Nuk wet wipes, a covered dish rack and Joovy Groove Ultralight stroller. So I'm going to the baby fair to collect. What's more, it's at expo! Within walking distance from my house.

I think it's a phase for them. There was one time we were in a restaurant eating our dinner. Then my girl screamed non stop, no matter how we told her to stop. In the end, we ignored her for a while and tried not to give her attention. After a while, she also stopped screaming. Then a lady who sat besides us commented to her friends that our girl was creating a scene in the restaurant and yet, we were not doing about it. When we heard it, we were very angry! DH didn't want to say too much to her but I found that lady was doing an injustice to my girl. So I went to her and said, "Hi, excuse me. I heard you. I believe you do not have a child yet because if you do have, I believe you would have understood the situation well and would not made such kind of remarks. I wish you good luck in the future and hopefully your child will not go through such a screaming phase."

The lady and her friends were very shocked when I said this to them because they couldn't believe that I had heard them. They didn't even apologise and just kept their heads low throughout their dinner.

Anyway, I did read that babies scream because they are beginning to take notice of their vocal cords. They are beginning to realise that they can use their voices to express themselves. Sometimes they scream to get our attention. So in order not to encourage screaming in the long term, we should try to ignore their screams as long as we have made sure they are not hungry, not sick, don't need a diaper change, etc.

Last edited:
Good one faith.
Hi ladylamb, my girl is like what you have described. Same same.
Bb_hc, haha i was busy with everything so never see me for a long time too.
Me and my buddy.also order nuk. Haha going to the fair to see anymore things.

can u imagine my girls cried as loud also and its x2!!! i feel paiseh too especially in public places (restaurant especially since its confined) but if i hear other people comment something like that i will get super heated up. i think i will go over scold them too.

hi ladylamb, welcome..come in more and chat chat...welcome more mummies over here.

@iwantahealthybaby thanks thanks! Yes chat chat here is good hehe....anyone has experience at KK children a&e? 2 Sundays ago my boy was sick for the first time. As his own pd wasn't opened on Sunday I brought him to KK. Omg I can't believe the doctor there..all that he is concerned about was baby need MC? for a 9 month old baby! Keep insisting to print out mc for my boy...and only paracetamol was given. No med for his vomitting and diarrhea!
Next day I brought him again to own pd and she spent almost an hour with us and almost admitted my boy. Given meds and salt water for his condition. Luckily my boy now is fully recovered but has lose some weight.
Oh and anyone here started planning for 1st birthday? I'm one very excited mummy hahaha

Last edited:
Haha i am doing hello kitty theme... already book a place.
Kkh i experience before. For my time that time was ok.. i usually will bring my girl to pd as they open everyday. Mine is under thomson.

@LynnCandy I love hello kitty too but too bad for boy I can't do that theme haha!
My PD is at Mt E Novena and the clinic is not open on Sunday.
That Sunday my hubby suggested to go Thomson instead of KK but I thought Thomson 24 hours is normal GP only?
So if Sunday I have emergency I can go down to Thomson?

ladylamb-u can check with ur pd clinic if emergency, can brg 2mte novena a&e or any hospital 24hr n page è pd to come back? be prepared to have a deep pocket 2page pd back too... kk 24h got pros n cons i feel...

Hi sisters, I had just finished seeing Dr Tan HH. These are the few things that he had advised me for FET:

1. Before starting FET, it is better to stop BF completely (includes pumping too) because it is the most conducive condition to start another pregnancy.
2. If menses has returned, wait for 2-3 cycles before FET.
3. For my case, natural FET.

Hello Kitty is a sweet party theme for girls' birthdays! I think most likely we will hold it at the function room too.

I got no special theme for my girls big 1. I am doing it on my own. deco and all got a rough pic in my mind but that day don't know workable. anyway main stars are the birthday girls and food lol should be fine. make sure food and girls are there and of course the birthday cake.

@ladylamb I brought my girls to kkh a&e few times. usually my girls went there due to high fever few days, no vomit and stuff so they always prescribe paracetamol too. few times requested for cough medicine but they die die don't want to give keep saying no to under 2 years of age. so far none of the a&e doc ask me whether I need MC for my girls. sorry but why would a 9mth old need MC. I will shoot this doc lol. even ifc they don't need MC. siao one this doc. your bad experience. yes Thomson no pd at their emergency unit.

so faith how you intend to stop bf now so you can start on no. 2? u can try to let your girl drink fm already. that's what I am doing now. one day at least 1 fm.

Back