(2014) ivf mummies support group

When my 2nd CL was still around, she cleaned my girl's tongue everyday. But after she went back, I cleaned once and because she cried, then I didn't clean anymore until 2 days ago, then I started cleaning again.

My 2nd CL also used oral glycerin (洗口糖) to clean but I don't know how to use that to clean. Anyone uses this to clean? Can advise how to clean? My 2nd CL also said it's more effective to use gauze to clean.

I googled before. Internet says the white stain is there because babies don't salivate enough. Once they salivate enough, the white stain will go away itself. That's why I stopped cleaning.

Lynn, can you take a picture of the sterilised cloth that you bought from pharmacy?

Joy, can you also take a picture of the gauze that you are using?

Thanks thanks!!! :)

Iwahb, after your girls took the 3rd month vaccination, did they develop fever? If have, how did you take care of them? Do you still bathe for them or wipe their bodies when they have fever?

Next week my girl is going for the 3rd month vaccination. So I'm worried that if she develops fever, I don't know what to do.

i use guardian non sterile gauze.. n i use é same boil water as i use 2soak cotton wool to clean baby face n eyes.. dun clean very often.. mayb twice per mth..

baby does cry! i will try 2open his mouth n clean é tongue.. hope when he is older can tell him it's ok n dun cry...

lynn-hows ur ger now?? hope she is recoverin well...

Attachments

• 1423237418920.jpg
    1423237418920.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 129
iwahb-when are your girls goin infant care? how are ypu preparing? i am goin 2start mar n am startin 2do é admin thgs liao...

time flies... 2015 feb liao...

Faithfullyours my girls didn develop any fever after the 5-1 jab, rotavirus and pneumococcal. Lucky me. Nurse will give a bottle of panadol in liquid form to be taken if develop fever higher than 37.5degree. Mine only on the spot cry like mad but after the whole thing ok already. I didn spot any fuss after that too cause maybe my girls usually also fuss at night before sleep lol. So not to worry much. I remember snow saying her boy didn develop fever too so probably won't develop for your girl too.

Joy me also starting ifc in March cause feb short mth I find bo hua send them plus I still find them haven get use to me and family so better get to know us already then go ifc if not like half here half there. Plus they still like so small size and young really heart pain to send. Hope another few weeks can get them more prepared. My ifc here very Gd haha don't need to put deposit they say on day itself just go and do all admin stuff plus deposit. I will take pic during Cny to be given to ifc for their lockers identity :) now my only worry is hope they won't fall sick easily After going in and also hope no fever the next jab cause it's a day before they start ifc.

Hi mummies, check with U all. Anyone using the Korean buckwheat pillow? Those cat, dog, bear shape one? Now very popular. Isit good? For babies? The smallest I still find it big.

Another question my youngest don't know for what reason do not like to drink from bottle anymore give 120ml everytime start drinking but stop at 80-90ml and stop. No matter how U push the bottle in she just cry and cry. I don't know Isit teats too fast for her or she want bf. I starting latching her few weeks ago. One day around 1-2x so by right she still feed on bottle majority. She using pigeon m size teats (y-cut) I hear her drink like fighting catch breath so don't know is too slow or fast but change s size also same pattern so I feel it's not the size. Could it be cause I bf her so she don't like bottle? But most time bottle feed her is my mil not me.
Hi there , be careful when you use the buckwheat pillow. I bought one before my lo was born. Kept for about two months, when I took out to use, I notice small little crawlies, dunno what are they... I tried to wash the buck wheat, skin dry and sun them, still have. In the end I threw away the whole pillow.. But of course I kept the nice cover.. Now I'm using the bean sprout pillows for my lo

Omg so scary. Thanks for the feedback pony2014. Lucky I didn buy. Was so tempted cause their covers so cute. Mmm better stick to my bean sprout pillows then.

How's everyone doing? So quiet nowadays. All busy preparing for CNY?

Lynn, how's your baby girl? Hope she's well now.

Now I clean my girl's tongue and gum everyday.

My younger girl very scare to enter my car whenever she sit inside she cry and cry and cry cannot stop. Think is the diff in air and confined space she scare. Don't know how to make it better

You're welcome, "iwanta healthybaby"
Just to share something about myself. I'm also an ivf mummy to a 6 month's plus baby... I didn't really follow this thread nowadays as too busy with baby...

Hi pony, Ya it's really not easy handling babies. I'm still learning and at every month there will be some challenges given to us. When I thought everything seems to be under control then soon they start teething and behaving uncomfy and cranky.

A lot of us also starts to be busy handling the newborns lesser time to come in already but nevermind as long as got people post i believe the thread will not stop :)

Hi faithfully sorry for the late reply as I was busy with my baby. Here is the pic of the cloth I use to clean my baby's tongue.
My girl is better already but tomorrow is the delayed injection hopefully ok.
Ya I agree every month got new challenges. How to go back to work?

Attachments

• 1423537019417.jpg
    1423537019417.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 118
Actually as our bb grow older before 6mths when we introduce solids their milk intake is keep on increasing or what? My girls doesn't seems to increase their intake still at 100-120ml After so long.

Actually as our bb grow older before 6mths when we introduce solids their milk intake is keep on increasing or what? My girls doesn't seems to increase their intake still at 100-120ml After so long.
Iwahb, nowadays I don't bother with all these milk intake already. As I am TBF and I don't know how much she drinks, I only take note of her output and weight gain. If she hits 1 poo and 6 pees everyday and she's gaining weight, I just let her be.

On 29th Jan, we brought her to see a PD at KKH. Nothing wrong with her. Just thought maybe let PD check to see if everything is on track. On 6th Jan also measured at KKH, she weighed 5 kg. On 29th Jan, she weighed 5.715 kg. So over 23 days, she gained 715g. That was 31g per day. Even better than the 20g per day that the doctor preferred when we saw her on 6th Jan. Her weight and height are both in the 75th percentile.

Every baby is different. So you also cannot expect your Twin A behaves/drinks the same as Twin B.

I got very stressed out for a period of time when I gotta know my friend's son who is 20 days younger than my girl was drinking 150 ml per feeding when he was 1.5 months old and this 150 ml was a top up after the mother had latched him on for about 10 to 20 minutes. The mother has abundance of BM. Can you imagine the boy's insatiable appetite? My girl 2 months at that time couldn't even finish 80 ml if I bottle fed her. Still gotta break into 2 times to finish 80 ml.

I also have another friend's daughter who is 20 days older than my girl. She is drinking 120 ml per feeding and she weighed 7 kg when she was 2 months old.

Then I realised I cannot compare. If not, I will get very stressed out.

Last edited:
I am facing new challenge before heading back to work. Bb, now close to 3 mths, refuses bottle feed after he's half full. No way to coax him to complete his full feed. Should I continue to top up with bf or let him go hungry at a shorter interval?

Faithfullyours I so agree with what U say but I just hoping my twin b not growing far apart from twin a cause right from birth their difference is not a lot. Who is your pd in kkh? My elder don't poo daily sometimes 3-4days once. Younger one can poo 2-3times per day. Somehow I always feel younger like getting lighter. Can only check weight next jab in polyclinic. My girls at 25percentile only if I'm not wrong consider small.

Ete U got latch your bb? My girls also bottle feed won't finish all always need to fight battle with them at halfway mark.

Most of the time I bottle feed. Bf not often... Only when we go out I'd bf him. Afraid when I go to work he doesn't want full feed from bottle.

Dear all, do not be too concern about how much your child drinks. My child currently six months old, is still taking, 100-130ml per feed. And he will not guai guai finish the whole bottle during day time. After taking about 60ml he stayed too Play and Get distracted. At first I was abit concern, and kept forcing him to finish the milk... Now I'm a bit relax... I will let him drag longer hours..and even if he can't finish I will not force him.. He is growing well so I'm not worried... We were still joking that he'll never get the chance to "upgrade" to a bigger bottle...

Hahaha pony yes I also wondering when will my Twinnies upgrade the bottles lol. In a way help me save money. By the way your bb drink 100-130ml now so how long the duration? 3hrs?

About 3.5 to 4 hours apart. My Baby Sitter usually will let him drink 3 to 3.5 hourly... During weekends when I look after him myself I will wait up to 4 hours sometimes even 5 hours if he doesn't cry for milk... If I feed him base on timing instead of his hunger ques, sometimes I take up to one hour to feed. I get very frustrated. We have a record of his milk intake from New born till Now. When he was one month Plus, he drink allot, 800ml, sometimes 900ml. As he grows, his intake dropped instead.. 700ml, 600ml... Sometimes only 500 Plus... In good days, he will hit 800ml... But all along his weight is at 50th percentile so it's OK.. Recently he turned 6 months we started to give him bit of solid, so Now he can't even finish 120ml.. He used to sleep through the night at 3 months Plus but from 4.5 months onwards he wake up for milk again.. Recently my friend taught me say her PD said after 6 months if baby wakes up at night for milk just give some water.. So i did, and managed to drop one time night feed.. Means 12 mn I will feed him, when he moves at 3 am Plus I just give water, only give milk at 5 am Plus (when he moves),... I hope he can change his pattern again to sleep through again... What I want to say is, babies kept changing pattern... So we just press on...

Faithfully, I agreed with what you said too.. Don't compare... Really feel very stressful de... All babies are different.. Just go along with their behavior and needs...

Ya I also wait till my girls are really hungry then I feed but usually at this moment now is 2.5-3hrs. Same like yours if it's feed not cause they cry for milk probably that bottle of milk will take forever to finish. As for the Middle of night wake up don't feed milk feed water what's the rationale? Since U also wake up feed why don't just provide milk instead? How to calculate how much milk to give each different baby according to weight?

Iwahb, my PD at KKH is Dr Khoo Poh Choo. When I brought my girl back for the very first jaundice check, one of the nurses recommended Dr Khoo to us. She said she's very detailed in examining babies.

I think now our babies have more awareness and they are starting to learn how things work. I remember when my girl was younger, she would just latch on even though she wasn't really that hungry as I went for the scheduled timing of feeding her every 2 hours. But now, she won't want to be latched on if she's not hungry. She will push away or struggle to move away from the breasts. There were a few times she could go without feeding for 5 hours in the day. She napped for 3 hours straight and stayed awake for 2 hours and not crying for milk at all. When she woke up, my instinct was to feed her since she napped for 3 hours already. But each time I put her to my breasts, she would push away and refuse to latch on. Initially I was also quite worried. But after a while, I noticed she only wants to be latched on when she's hungry. If she's not hungry, she doesn't want to be latched on at all. She will actually fuss about it.

I am facing new challenge before heading back to work. Bb, now close to 3 mths, refuses bottle feed after he's half full. No way to coax him to complete his full feed. Should I continue to top up with bf or let him go hungry at a shorter interval?
Sounds like my girl when she was 2 months old. My CL gave 80 ml EBM, she will drink halfway and stop.

ete, it's a phase. Dun worry. Just monitor closely the output and weight gain.

Now my younger girl can latch on thank god for it. I am just so glad at least one of my babies can latch. Elder one think no way can train her already cause everytime I put her on my breast she will cry till the whole roof collapse. Tears will flow out of her eyes till I see already also heartache and sad. Doesn't know why as she is the one who learn how to latch 1st and now she behave like I'm feeding her some poison. If only she can latch then at least can build up the bond btw me and her. My younger one now even finish a bottle of 100ml and I latch her after that she also latch but I don't know how much she actually drink even if I feel her suck. U all mention comfort latching does it mean bb can chose to suck with milk or without milk? How they do it?

The rationale of giving water is so that our baby will feel that 'it's not worth waking up to drink water, there is no milk" and eventually they will kick the habit of waking up. Funny right?? Actually I felt very guilty each time my boy loves and I gave him water... Giving water is easier than warming milk for him but I felt heart pain...

Correction to above *each time my boy moves...
I would not say it works very well cos after giving him water he will still roll abit... I work abit as I am able to drop one night feed .. Means by 11 Plus last feed, the next one will be at 5 Plus... Replaced the 2 Plus one with some water... Been doing that for a week plus liao... But I still feel heartpain to give him water instead of milk... I think that's mother's nature

Buddy so fast Ur steriliser spoil? Mine still working well. Did u clean the metal plate base regularly? Got Waranty still?

I am thinking of getting a buckwheat or beansprout pillow for my babies. Just realise the one I have now inside is greenbeans lol. But after hearing pony say the buckwheat pillow she gotten got tiny crawlers I abit scare. So many online seller doing handmade pillows as well using beansprout and buckwheat I wonder which to get. Beansprout or buckwheat. Any recommendations?

Ya loh spoil like this got flame when i off and on the switch. I never clean the plate. How to clean. I got beansprouts the pillow haha.

Previously cheerywalnuts say the vinegar and water mixture or just use the White foam U can buy from Daiso just clean. I also prefer beansprouts actually more traditional lol. But now very popular buckwheat. The Bon Bon pillow I get don't know is beansprout or green beans like that touch like small shape like green beans

We are done with the 3rd month vaccinations: 5 in 1, pneumococcal and rotavirus. Went to Hougang Polyclinic as this is the nearest to us that is under National Health. Monitoring her closely to see if she develops fever.

faith-fyi my baby had diarrhea è nex day aft rotar 1st dose. this week @hougang polyclinic also. lik 10 times liquid some moderate some little in 16hrs. bring to pd n pd said if each day getting better and no fever should b ok. still monitoring.

faith-fyi my baby had diarrhea è nex day aft rotar 1st dose. this week @hougang polyclinic also. lik 10 times liquid some moderate some little in 16hrs. bring to pd n pd said if each day getting better and no fever should b ok. still monitoring.
Joy, thanks for the info. Yeah my friend also warned me that Rotavirus is very strong. Asked me to take good care of her. She pooed 4 times after taking Rotavirus. 2 normal ones: seedy, mustard yellow. Last 2 was a bit more greenish but amount is not a lot like e normal ones.

Hi Ladies, to take rotavirus just call up hougang clinic to make appt? Or have to go down to register first before making appt? Is it oral or jab for rotavirus?

pd mentioned slimey in è pics of é soiled diapers durin é diarrhea day.. n also say diarrhea not very common but as long as not very serious n improvin should b ok... 2nd dose should not cause diarrhea...

Cheerywalnuts, Rotavirus is oral. I guess it works the same in all polyclinic. U make aptm for the jabs and U just tell the nurse during jabbing that U want rotavirus too. I didn went hougang one so might be different. Maybe faith and joy can advise U on it. For my case the jabs and rotavirus all taken in same room by the nurse.

Iwantahealthybaby, Thanks! Cos thinking of gg nhg polyclinic for rotavirus only while the jabs remain at singhealth polyclinic as it's more convenient.

Iwantahealthybaby, Thanks for the advise. Manage to make an apt for them as the earliest available is their 15wks at tpy.. hougang n amk all fully book

Cheery, I called up National Health last week to make appointment for this week at Hougang Polyclinic. We took 5 in 1 1st dose, pneumococcal 1st dose and rotavirus 1st dose at Hougang. 4th month vaccination will also be done at Hougang because there will be 5 in 1 2nd dose and rotavirus 2nd dose. After that, 5th month onwards, we haven't decided whether to stick back to Hougang or go back to Tampines because no more rotavirus already.

If you are first time there, you need to make appointment. Then when you reach there, take a Q number for registration. Remember to bring your baby's original birth cert, health booklet and your NRIC for registration.

All the vaccinations are done in the same room by the same nurse. After that, there will be a routine check up by the doctor. After doctor's check up, you will be asked to go back to the immunisation room where the nurse will check your baby's injection sites to see if they are okay and remove the cotton wool for her/him.

If you are letting your baby take rotavirus, remember not to feed your baby before the vaccination. The nurse is worried that they will vomit out and once they vomit out, they cannot retake rotavirus 1st dose. So in a way, waste of money and not effective. I didn't know I cannot feed my girl before taking rotavirus. I was feeding her outside while waiting to br called in. The nurse then asked me when her last feed was and told me these information. Luckily my girl didn't vomit out. Just take note when the nurse feeds them the rotavirus, it will spill out some.

Last edited:

Oh Ya Faithfullyours now that U mention can't feed before rotavirus I suddenly remember. I also feed my girls while waiting for their turn lucky when it's their turn they didn vomit.

I don't know if U all require childcare leave mc for the daddy but when I went that day the doctor REFUSE TO GIVE MC cause he say my girls ain't sick they just come for development checks so no mc can be issued. We had to argue so long that finally he reluctantly give one.

Back