(2014) ivf mummies support group

Hi Lynn.. is the nan powder tt your bb is drinking now sweet? I'm thinking if changing from similac to nan. Cos my bb is having phlegm. What's the difference between nan ha n nan normal?
If got a lot of phlegm can change to nan which will reduce the phlegm as less sweet. Your Baby if no constipation problem then take the normal nan milk will do. But do take note that initially they might not drink much as similac is nicer to drink and sweeter compare to nan haha. Slowly they will get use to a lesser sweet milk. Nan ha is where baby got tummy discomfort like what my baby is facing. If no problem also can drink but more expensive and totally no sweet taste. HA milk totally no sweet taste so baby will not like it. Haha my girl now is getting use to drinking HA but I add one scoop of the normal nan milk so taste a bit sweet. HA milk really helps my baby in her poo and tummy discomfort problem.
The other thing is that don't be shock when see baby poo is green after taking nan milk. It is normal as I think inside got like vegetable contents. Btw some forum say nan milk is one of the closest to bm formula.
I like enfa milk but think maybe 6 months onwards then I change as by the time she can take puree like apple and etc which might help in her poo. Now Only on fm so I think I stick to nan milk first.

Hi Lynn.. is the nan powder tt your bb is drinking now sweet? I'm thinking if changing from similac to nan. Cos my bb is having phlegm. What's the difference between nan ha n nan normal?

My boy is using similac since birth now he 6 mths stage 2 similac then like no more phlegm liao leh

What's the difference between freezer compartment and self contained freezer unit?

Self contained freezer should be referring to those like 7-11 sell ice cubes those rectangular box fridge where it's place on floor and door opened by lifting upwards, then freezer compartment will be either those where your fridge got individual door that separate the freezer and the normal chill compartment or those old fridge model one door open and expose the freezer and chill compartment.

I store my chill bm for more 72hrs but I did the smell Test everytime After warming up doesn't smell bad. Bb drink also didn vomit or diahorrea so I guess should be fine hehe

I also haven't found my milk booster. but I did power pumping (8 times a day) for the first whole week. MAH teach us one. massage then pump 5 mins, massage then pump 5 mins, massage then pump 5 mins. I even add in hand express to make sure I clear breast.

I also had massage for 2 weeks where the lady helped to clear the boobs.

I think that helped me build my supply up. Now the amount like plateaued liaoz. even with power pumping, still stagnant. anyway, as long as supply can cover her demand then I ok liaoz.

How your pumping output now each session? U still hand express after that? Ever since I fall sick sat night my boobs doesn't have engorge feeling anymore and even a 4-5hrs pump yield less than 300ml don't know is sick haven't fully recover or supply suddenly establish and that's it so no more feeling full

How your pumping output now each session? U still hand express after that? Ever since I fall sick sat night my boobs doesn't have engorge feeling anymore and even a 4-5hrs pump yield less than 300ml don't know is sick haven't fully recover or supply suddenly establish and that's it so no more feeling full
I just reduced to 4 sessions a day cos I am going back to work liaoz. I get about 1 litre a day so previously with 5hrly pumps, I get about 200ml per session.

now with 6 hrly pumps, hoping that I can continue getting 250ml per pump. Yesterday was the first day of trying 6 hrly pumps, so still able to maintain volume.

I see circle. I didn monitor my 1day yield actually. But roughly 1L too cause I remember that day I pump 3-4hrly and I wrote down and count the total volume for that day is about 1L. But other than that day I didn monitor so I cannot keep track if I drop pump will affect the supply anot. Do u have full feeling to the boobs? Previously whenever it's time for me to pump my boobs will feel super hard and pain but this few days don't have. Maybe really not full. I don't know.

Iwantahealthybaby, I usually don't have the very full feeling unless I cross like 7 to 8 hours. even then, still can tahan. A bit like tender boobs before period come kind of feeling.

me always jot down my pump times and volume. maybe cos I scared it drop so always monitor. can use app to store the data too. but I find it easier to write in a small book.

These 2 weeks are my critical period. cos I am dropping to 4 pumps a day and no longer pumping in the middle of the night. My new timing are 630am, 1130am, 530pm then 1130pm.

I just sent my CL off at Golden Mile Complex. I cried. Feels kinda sad and nervous and lots of mixed feelings towards her departure because she has been a great help for the past 2 months. As I have no elder in my house to guide me and will not have, I see upon her as my elder. My parents stay very far away from us so they can't visit us that often and we are not good terms with my parents-in-law. So if we need help, it's the 3 of us. I feel emotional support is not there. The sending off really felt like sending off a very close one away. DH also felt the same way too. She also can't bear to leave us and baby too because she said my girl is very smart among all the babies whom she has taken care of. My girl knows how to interact with her, smile at her, coo and gurgle at her.

Now at airport and only the 3 of us. Need time to settle and readjust. I still tear uncontrollably even I am typing this.

I just sent my CL off at Golden Mile Complex. I cried. Feels kinda sad and nervous and lots of mixed feelings towards her departure because she has been a great help for the past 2 months. As I have no elder in my house to guide me and will not have, I see upon her as my elder. My parents stay very far away from us so they can't visit us that often and we are not good terms with my parents-in-law. So if we need help, it's the 3 of us. I feel emotional support is not there. The sending off really felt like sending off a very close one away. DH also felt the same way too. She also can't bear to leave us and baby too because she said my girl is very smart among all the babies whom she has taken care of. My girl knows how to interact with her, smile at her, coo and gurgle at her.

Now at airport and only the 3 of us. Need time to settle and readjust. I still tear uncontrollably even I am typing this.

Lol is like that de when my cl left mi I also cry she told mi my boy seems very easy to take care of. I break down but after that ok liao

faithfullyours its normal to feel emotion especially she been with u almost 2 months. dont worry you will do just fine without cl help cause I think u have set a timetable for your girl too during this 2 months and she is also being expose to public places am sure everything will fall in nicel

circle I regret not monitoring argh and now because I fall sick and realise output drop drastically its a bit too late to monitor liao. hope by next week yield come back normal and I will then start monitoring the difference btw 3-4hrly pump compare to 4-5hrly and then 6hrly. so far I only feel my boobs capacity is only this big. ever once I pump 6-7hrly still right boob the usually lesser one only yield 120ml. 5hr also 120ml 6-7hr also 120ml. the left one my more powerful one also wont have more than 200ml the most 180ml but my practice is 3-4 or 5-6hr my pump session I still keep at half hr I wont lengthen it.

Self contained freezer should be referring to those like 7-11 sell ice cubes those rectangular box fridge where it's place on floor and door opened by lifting upwards, then freezer compartment will be either those where your fridge got individual door that separate the freezer and the normal chill compartment or those old fridge model one door open and expose the freezer and chill compartment.

Huh! On no then it means alot of my breastmilk gotta throw... I hv alot of Dec ebm.

Ya mschar in freezer can go up to 3-6mths the 2 weeks one should b referring to those fridge with one door when u open U exposed the normal chill and freezer compartment. Anyway from what I know the longer U store the stronger the metallic taste maybe U should Try to thaw one and see if your Lo drink. See if she accept the taste.

i cried a lot initially when bb came hm coz canot believe there is a take hm baby aft so much!

now i pek chek smtimes till i cry coz baby dun sleep keep cryin n hubz smtimes very glued on ipad...

i need 2try feedin with calma soon. hope it works...

Joy I totally understand how U feel too. The feeling like finally after going through so much yea a baby but with the constant crying and if dh doesn't support much U think why do we try so hard to get all this "headache" in the house. I and dh already quarrel few times because of bb already. Always remember we are all 1st time parents.

Ya. My bb tried frozen bm many times. Cos I went bangkok after my confinement and my bb needs to drink the frozen packs. And sometimes if I am out for too many hours, she also has to. So far I think ok. Maybe she very hungry I dun see any rejection.

Last night everything went quite smoothly until when we wanted to give her her last feed before bed time. We wanted to bottle feed her because there was 1 bottle of 100 ml bm in the fridge. We had a battle with her and bottle. She simply refused to drink from the bottle, no matter how we coaxed her. DH tried feeding also failed. After many attempts, we gave up and I drank up the 100 ml bm. Her last feed last night before bed time was 8 pm. After her battle with the bottle, I offered her my breasts, she sucked a bit then cried then didn't want to take anymore. She eventually fell asleep at 12 mn. Only made some noises at 1 plus am. I breastfed her and she took almost an hour. She slept until 11 am with every 2 hourly feeds. I managed to pump 120 ml this morning, bathed her, washed her clothes, hanged her clothes to dry. Now she's taking her nap. Just now was another round of battle with her and bottle. Why is she rejecting bottle totally now? Before that she was fine with bottle, just that it took a while for her to start drinking. :(

faith-i figure out baby hav short cycle behaviour... mayb can try dif way 2intro teat..

b4 last fri my baby naps 2hr then wak up 4milk..

last fri refuse 2sleep day time.. finally at nite can sleep with swaddle n white noise..

today dun wan 2nap again.. or mayb nap 1hr only...

Faith mb she used to U bf her so refused bottle. I don't dare to drink my own bm haha. Actually even taste I also find it weird.

Mschar good that Ur girl doesn't reject. I haven't try wonder if they can take it.

Joy my baby also initial one can drink fast and furious now suddenly become the one who reject milk totally. Their behaviour always changing

Yeah... babies are like that. u think u got them figured out and stuck to a routine then they will chu pattern.

I recently tried to latch her. succeeded 4 times then 5th time she totally reject! Cried until like Siao. Gave her bottle then she drink it like 5 days never drink milk like that.

Some weeks she super sleepy. afternoon sleep, at night still can sleep thru!

This week, she don't want to sleep in the afternoon. at night also wake up 3hrly for milk. last night... my mom says she 3am awake liaoz but heng she ok to play on her own in the cot.

We don't have a strict schedule one, more of general guide. morn bathe her, afternoon wipe face and change clothes, evening wipe whole body and change to pyjamas. If heng, she sleeps at 9 plus. If not then it is next feed which is close to midnight. we just listen to her cues then follow accordingly.

My elder is less active than my younger don't know if she is unwell or not. She been crying few nights non stop too and can sleep thru the night for 2 night already. Reject the milk, play with teats of bottle. She learn latching 1st but now when I try to latch cry like I m forcing some poison down her throat. Younger girl latch on quite well for almost a week but every day for this week I usually latch 1-2x only cause I still trying to pump and store for elder also. I realise I latch already pump totally don't have much.

i totally agree é chu pattern part! can never figure out nex step... jus follow their cues..

we tried bottle today.. works so far.. shall try again tml...

My elder is less active than my younger don't know if she is unwell or not. She been crying few nights non stop too and can sleep thru the night for 2 night already. Reject the milk, play with teats of bottle. She learn latching 1st but now when I try to latch cry like I m forcing some poison down her throat. Younger girl latch on quite well for almost a week but every day for this week I usually latch 1-2x only cause I still trying to pump and store for elder also. I realise I latch already pump totally don't have much.

If latch n pump out the intake won't be a lot coz ur gal has such almost all the milk haha

Tonight is the same as last night. After wiping her whole body and changing into pyjamas, I tried to spoon feed her with fm. I am super worried that she is not drinking enough milk. She was crying like mad. Then she scream crying. Offered her my breasts, again sucked a bit and pushed away and screaming and crying. Then dh carried her and she stopped. Dh said she might be angry with me. Tomorrow I'm going back to latch on before bed time and see if she's cranky again.

faith-jus calm her down n try again.. google 4é signs she is showing 4reference... dun think babies will b angry.. mines is comin to 6wks soon... i guess more pattern will show...

btw i dun think elders r always able 2advise.. they may use direct solutions lik feedin n pacifier without diagnosising é real problem.. but extra pair of hands 2cuddle n love baby is always good...

Last edited:
my elder girl really doesn't like to drink milk anymore. don't know why. its been a week I think. so fearful this going continue wait I send her ifc how she going to grow fat. the teachers there sure not as patient as us feed her. she keep crying when we feed. she also don't poo daily wonder does this affect her appetite.

my elder girl really doesn't like to drink milk anymore. don't know why. its been a week I think. so fearful this going continue wait I send her ifc how she going to grow fat. the teachers there sure not as patient as us feed her. she keep crying when we feed. she also don't poo daily wonder does this affect her appetite.

Hmm is she sick?

actually can ask ifc any tips 2manage baby milk strike n nap strike..

è last tim i went to register, è caretaker was tellin me actually babies adapt easily.. lik even nex cot cryin è baby wun wak up at all...

Hello everyone. I am very sad as my girl admitted to hospital due to influenza A. No medicine can be given to her. Have been staying in hospital with her..

Is she not well? Need to bring her see pd?

next week I got apptm at polyclinic for the jab and also see doc cause they say bb 3 months will need see doc to access some things. so I will ask the polyclinic doc if the doc cant help then I will go find pd and check it out.

bud hope your girl get well soon.

Bb_hc, baby if less than 3 months suddenly fever must faster admit. Furthermore she kenna influenza A so no choice got to take fever medicine as her fever is up and down. She got flu and cough too. :(

lynn-hope she get well soon!!

sumiko-jus curious, any reason y baby stay @mil hm for some days? u n hubz stay there too?

smtims i will brg baby 2my mum place for me 2rest... so that i can buy smthg i lik 2eat in peace n my mum can carry baby all she wan!

@joy.. when bb is over at my mil place, I can have few nights of undisturbed sleep n do all the chores. Cleaning the whole house vacuum mop wash this n that.. but I'll still go over to her place to take care of bb, usually spent abt 8 hours there.

sumiko-nice arrangem.. u do all è chores on ur own? i jus start 2think when we go back work it will be challengin 2balance chores n baby bondin moments..

i do all è chores on my own.. my mum will com by smtim 2bath / play w/baby.. i will slip 2do laundry or sm other small chores..

Because of the lil precious in our life, we make major changes lol. I'm still learning to adapt.

Ladies check with U all the gripe water if want give do u all give concentrated one or mix with plain water give bb drink. Cause the instruction is give 5ml to bb no say mix with water but my parents say Mix with water.

sumiko-nice arrangem.. u do all è chores on ur own? i jus start 2think when we go back work it will be challengin 2balance chores n baby bondin moments..

i do all è chores on my own.. my mum will com by smtim 2bath / play w/baby.. i will slip 2do laundry or sm other small chores..
Joy.. we have a part time helper but she only comes once every 2 weeks. Now with bb, I clean my house weekly. Wash his bed sheet pillow cases toys yaolan etc weekly when he's over at mil place. My house is low floor so v dusty.

Same here I also got part time helper to help during weekend. Sumiko you using yaolan too? So everything like me 2 Sets for 2 houses?
Sigh. My baby discharge already but still having fever. .

Back