(2014) ivf mummies support group

Choi bud, U will recover from the sugar level don't worry, my Pap smear and review is dec end if I remember correctly. I still cannot coax my babies to sleep. I carry they cry seriously very disheartening. Feel my mil and helper to blame to certain extend. Think my babies used to their smell. Very very sad. I pump milk for them every 3hrs then occasionally I feed them if I not pumping. Then when they awake usually my mil and helper will go 1st hand so become babies not close to me really scare they don't know who is mummy cause I don't latch.

Buddy don't worry, babies sure know you as they are inside your stomach for so many months. Now is just getting their comfortable position. You try to carry them more often if you can. I am taking care of my baby all by myself now as my mum went out. Initially I know nuts about baby but slowly through practice then better. Most of the time I am carrying my baby so maybe got a lot of practice. You can also see how your mil carry and notice the position then copy from there. This is what I do initially.
Btw I totally on fm and you should know I don't latch yet my baby is alright with me. So don't think is the lack of latch then like this I am more jia lat. Think slowly get use to their comfort position. So you try to carry them more often if they want to carry instead of mil.

Last edited:
Yesterday I really blew my top qt Gleneagles nurse..

My bb was admitted for 2 days for Jaundice. So yesterday finally can go home. Anyway my experience during my stay there wasnt good to begin with but there r nice nurses too. But 1 particular nurse really gets on my nerve. During my stay, i rmb her clearly cos everytime she helps me with handling my bb, she sure crys. Her handling is rough and obviously too much for my bb cos the other nurses dont hv such issue. There is once she change my bb's diaper and come straight to help me with bfing.. i like"hey u hvnt sterilize ur hands"

So yesterday again was this nurse on duty in the nursery. I reached there, she just ask me to wait in the room next door which is linked to the nursery to wait for discharge. She keep asking me to ask hubby to go do discharge payment first and me to pass her bb's go home clothes. Shortly within 3min, i heard my bb screaming loudly. As in painful cry.. Initially i tot maybe cold but after crying like that for awhile, i cannot take it, keep knocking the door.. the nurse nv answer. So i went outside to press the bell... again nv ans. Just nice my PD came to discharge my bb, he opened the door. I saw my bb in the cot crying and the irritating nurse just sick one corner do nothing.

I immediately flare!! Telling her if she busy can pass to me. I keep knocking n pressing bell, y u refuse to open. Is it scared payment not done, i will go home. For god sake, gleneagles super money minded. They always make u pay more than needed before u admit...

The nurse then suddenly become nice.. and i ignore and took the bb to the other room n wait for my hubby.

Fast foward; i let bb slp when home so only in the evening, i changed her into her pyjamas, to my horror, her umblical cord is bleeding!! I concluded it must be becos the nurse tugged it when changing her just now thats y she is crying in pain.

I super furious called them and demand to see the video inside the nursery while that bloody nurse is changing my bb. I screamed at them and told them they need to give me a satisfactory answer by today.

Till now i still hvnt hear from them.i

Mschar cord bleeding no joke. Better let pd knows. Mine was bleeding then those old folk said air goes in then my baby was shivering so pd inject vit k again and admitted to hospital to see why my baby shivering. Cord is a lifetime thing for the baby stomach.

Bud U make me feel so good once again. True U give bb fm I think no latch not a reason bb won't know I'm her mummy. But really sad when even helper carry also won't cry. I also got peep at how mil carry but they just cry when I carry. Not immediately but after a while like not comfy no matter Hw I change also hard to settle them down. Hope can get the right position soon.

Mschar I feel u. The nurse really cmi. If I'm u sure angry imagine press and knock door so many times no answer and reply and when door open U see she isn't attending to bb. Is she a senior nurse of age or young one? Gleneagles shouldn have this standard. I sure demand some actions to be done to this nurse. Hope u get a gd answer from the hospital soon. They everyday handle bb they shouldn forget the basic of sterilising before handling bb.

Buddy if you can ask your mum how she carrys and ask her to see if the way you carry is ok. For me I will not ask my mil and you know me is not in very good terms with my mil. Haha. If you are alright then you ask your mil.
I ask my mum to see the way I carry is it ok. Then slowly adjust. The problem with me initially was my boobs big then I cannot carry the usual way others carry otherwise my baby face will be cover by my boobs haha. So I have to carry a bit lower down or above my boobs.

U can withness every injection when u bring ur gal go polyclinic for the jabs n all the way till bb is 6 months lol
Yup accompanied my girl to polyclinics for every of her jaundice check even though I'm doing my confinement. Just that when I go out, no image liaoz because I cover myself from head to toe. Hair is also very cui because my first wash was only last Thursday, 20 Nov. After delivery, I did not wash my hair. Only use the powder shampoo from Klorane.

My girl to us is a miracle! She is very precious and important to us. Just wanna be there for her. :)

I'm having a single pump and find 20-10-10-10-10 min power pump too time consuming. What's the other method? 5min pump - rest 5min - 5min pump?

Hi ladies,

Happy to hear that u all have delivered successfully!

I'm week 37 now. This week onwards, I feel aches at groin area. Like all along also some random aches here and there. But this time round, the aches at groin area feel like a whole new level of pain. First few steps of walking is nothing but pain. I walk like a kid now, taking tiny tiny steps. Today, I feel soreness at my entire uterus/pelvic area.

Gynae says bb may b engaged. Advised me to rest more so that my joints aren't that pain.
Do u all remember having such aches at the last lap? And how soon after did u gals go into labour?

Am really hoping to last till week 40 cos my Gynae gg to b on leave during week 39.

Yup accompanied my girl to polyclinics for every of her jaundice check even though I'm doing my confinement. Just that when I go out, no image liaoz because I cover myself from head to toe. Hair is also very cui because my first wash was only last Thursday, 20 Nov. After delivery, I did not wash my hair. Only use the powder shampoo from Klorane.

My girl to us is a miracle! She is very precious and important to us. Just wanna be there for her. :)

Can wash ur hair using the hebal bath n blow dry ur hair after that. I wash my hair every alternate day n blow dry it I think for ur gal she didn cry when inject because she duno what is pain yet. Once she know really cry out loud. My boy initial nv cry subsequent jab once the needle poke in he cry until face red than after awhile he ok Liao. Notice a lot of bb cry after inject lol

Ete I don't do power pump thou they say suppose to increase production. I find too time consuming especially when I got two girls to look after. I just pump 30mins using dual pump now thinking to see if can reduce to 20mins.

Daja another 3more weeks to seeing precious. Actually everyone is different for me I don't feel any pain at all except water retention at last few weeks. Bloated legs till walk also painful. Some can feel contraction some don't. But since U start to have some discomfort it's always better to be careful and play safe don't walk too much.

Ya I think when baby one month old or few weeks older they will feel pain. When I bring baby for hep b both hold their breath 5 sec before crying when injection goes in Lol. See their face so cute.

Just now I carry Baby when she cry and I use 1hr she still cannot settle down. Mil in end take over settle her down abit but she on off keep crying. Don' know what's wrong today. Bud I also hard to carry the right pose cause I also boobs pain. Maybe not as big as yours but cause I am braless at home so when carry either below or way top so I think they uncomfy. I think my boobs got increase two size and cups and super droopy lor :(

I ordered dual pump n should come tmr. Meanwhile I need to increase supply coz I only have just enough to feed my boy who's on growth spurt this week. Feeling so anxious that my milk supply in fridge just keep depleting and not stocking enough.

How can you tell if you've emptied the milk per pump?

Daja, I did feel the tummy resting on my laps when I sat n happened that week bb was engaged. You will feel the groin area aching ad well. but engaged doesn't mean early labor. Bb was engaged much earlier than week 37 and I popped in 39.

:)

I ordered dual pump n should come tmr. Meanwhile I need to increase supply coz I only have just enough to feed my boy who's on growth spurt this week. Feeling so anxious that my milk supply in fridge just keep depleting and not stocking enough.

How can you tell if you've emptied the milk per pump?

If can latch on demand that's the way to increase ur supply

I'm having a single pump and find 20-10-10-10-10 min power pump too time consuming. What's the other method? 5min pump - rest 5min - 5min pump?
ete, the lactation nurse in KKH taught me this if using a single pump: 5 mins right, 5 mins left, 5 mins right, 5 mins left, 5 mins right, 5 mins left. Total time spent: 30 mins. In between, it is better to massage first before the pump.

Which single pump are you using now? Which dual pump did you order? Spectra? or Medela? I went to Kiddy Palace last week wanting to buy Medela Freestyle but it costs $699 just the breasts pump set and no other free gift. I felt shortchanged because during the Oct fair, I know if buy Medela Freestyle, the price is the same but got a lot more free gifts. Haha! So in the end, I didn't buy at Kiddy Palace. I intend to go to the Baby fair at Expo on 5th Dec to see if there is any good deal for Medela Freestyle.

I also find pumping very boring and time consuming. I latch more now. If after latching, I will see how long I have latched and feel my breasts if they are still hard. If l latch less than 30 mins, I'll feel my breasts and maybe pump about 10 mins each breast. If more than 30 mins, then I'll not pump.

Last edited:
Thanks @ faithfullyyours. I latch him during the day but night need to bottle feed for some sleep.

Avent single pump. Hopefully tmr can switch to spectra m1. How u all use dual pump? Won't two hands be busy?

Can wash ur hair using the hebal bath n blow dry ur hair after that. I wash my hair every alternate day n blow dry it I think for ur gal she didn cry when inject because she duno what is pain yet. Once she know really cry out loud. My boy initial nv cry subsequent jab once the needle poke in he cry until face red than after awhile he ok Liao. Notice a lot of bb cry after inject lol
Snow, it's a personal choice and order from my mum that I don't wash my hair that often. I shall endure. I believe the damage of washing hair can be quite jialat during confinement. We might not feel it now. It's when we are 50-60 years old, then the problem will come. Anyway, I don't really have oily scalp and even though with no switching on of air con, my hair still looks okay lah. Just that to keep my hair away from my face, I put hair band and tie my hair up and my hair length is at an awkward length where it's neither very short nor very long. So with that image, I think I have no image lor when I go to polyclinics.

Daja, I did feel the tummy resting on my laps when I sat n happened that week bb was engaged. You will feel the groin area aching ad well. but engaged doesn't mean early labor. Bb was engaged much earlier than week 37 and I popped in 39.

:)
Hi ete,

I see.. This is my last week of work. Am going to park myself at home next week onwards. Walking is painful to me now. Counting down to my leave!

Thanks @ faithfullyyours. I latch him during the day but night need to bottle feed for some sleep.

Avent single pump. Hopefully tmr can switch to spectra m1. How u all use dual pump? Won't two hands be busy?
Same here. I'm currently using Avent single pump too.

You mean you also have enough EBM for your boy for night feeds? That's very good. I am still on half BM half FM.

@ faithfullyyours I'm starting to worry about the supply coz he's asking for more milk like 80-100ml instead of 60-65ml but I'm only producing 60-70ml. If pump after latch only 40ml or less. Working hard to make sure he has enough. Else will have to latch through the night n worrying if he has enough.

Ordered spectra n started milktea to see if vol improves.

@ faithfullyyours I'm starting to worry about the supply coz he's asking for more milk like 80-100ml instead of 60-65ml but I'm only producing 60-70ml. If pump after latch only 40ml or less. Working hard to make sure he has enough. Else will have to latch through the night n worrying if he has enough.

Ordered spectra n started milktea to see if vol improves.
How old is your boy now? My girl is turning 1 month old soon. She's drinking about 70 ml EBM or FM. We tried giving her 80 ml FM but she couldn't finish so we stick to 70 ml.

For me, my schedule of latching and pumping is more or less like this:
- before I sleep at night, I'll pump at 12 mn or 1 am. Usually yield about 40 - 50 ml.
- no pumping during the night even though I set alarm to wake up. I will always press the alarm away and go back to sleep. (yes I feel very guilty about this all the time)
- I will wake up at around 8 am/8.30 am, then I'll pump. Usually yield about 160 ml.
- during day time, I will latch based on demand. When I don't latch for like 3 hours straight, I'll pump. Usually yield about 60 ml.
- if pump after latching, usually yield about 30 - 40 ml.

I also cannot keep up with my girl's demand but I'm taking it easy now. I'll just latch/pump. If she still cries for milk, I'll let her drink FM.

Hi ladies,

Happy to hear that u all have delivered successfully!

I'm week 37 now. This week onwards, I feel aches at groin area. Like all along also some random aches here and there. But this time round, the aches at groin area feel like a whole new level of pain. First few steps of walking is nothing but pain. I walk like a kid now, taking tiny tiny steps. Today, I feel soreness at my entire uterus/pelvic area.

Gynae says bb may b engaged. Advised me to rest more so that my joints aren't that pain.
Do u all remember having such aches at the last lap? And how soon after did u gals go into labour?

Am really hoping to last till week 40 cos my Gynae gg to b on leave during week 39.
Daja, for me I didn't feel anything at all even when I have show and my water bag burst. T didn't feel any pain/soreness/ache. I just felt something funny/weird below and went to toilet and check and I saw blood and felt something kept dripping below. Then I rushed to hospital already.

Are you all getting pacifier? Very tempted to get one.
Nope. After my 1st CL left, I kept my pacifier and I told my replacement CL that I don't like my girl to have pacifier. She also doesn't like the idea of giving pacifier. She said the mouth shape not nice in the future. Haha!

Tomorrow bringing my baby for injection hopefully she will not get cranky after that.
5^ faithfully I think many of us got the free one too but never really use.
Buddy are your twinnies alright with the injection. How do you bring them there, drive? With a person with you? I am driving and polyclinic there the carpark very far. Hmmm.. Do we need to register when we reach? Can anyone share with me how polyclinic works? My first time there tomorrow.

Daja and the rest jia you got dec mummies. Mine was planned csec so I really have no idea about bleed, water bag burst or pain.

Tomorrow bringing my baby for injection hopefully she will not get cranky after that.
5^ faithfully I think many of us got the free one too but never really use.
Buddy are your twinnies alright with the injection. How do you bring them there, drive? With a person with you? I am driving and polyclinic there the carpark very far. Hmmm.. Do we need to register when we reach? Can anyone share with me how polyclinic works? My first time there tomorrow.
Yes you need to register first. Anyway there are always nurses standing at the queue ticket kiosks. You can let them know that you are bringing baby for Hep B injection and they will guide you accordingly. But have you made an appointment for injection?

Yes bud I drive babies to polyclinic for injection. Went with dh if not impossible. Thou got aptm we still waited quite long think 2hrs plus. Please bring blanket for baby and milk Ya and diapers. U bringing alone? Better get someone acc. Both my girls cry when injection given (thigh area) but once out of room ok already.

Just now I try to latch elder twin failed :(

Faithfullyours try spectra m1 or s1 don't spend on freestyle. I got fs but now not using. Using spectra feel the suction more. But can be quite painful.

I can feel my boobs this few days like more lumpy again. Think didn pump and clear properly. I hope I don't need to see mdm Ida again :(

I'm tempted to get pacifier too in fact I gotten but didn give. There is once I brought out just in case Twinnies very difficult to handle outside.

Anyone here sending ur bb to infant care once maternity ended? Heard that Go ifc better give bb pacifier. Cause when ur bb cry they may not Immediately attend to him.

Iwahb, actually I am thinking of Medela Freestyle because I am thinking of the portability of the pump. Spectra S1 might be good but I read it is quite bulky to bring out. Spectra M1's battery life cannot last. Need to be recharged after 2 pumps.

Is S1 and M1 hands free too?

I want a breast pump that allows me to pump and do other stuff concurrently. Medela Freestyle seems to be the one. If S1 or M1 is hands free, I will then get either one of them.

Oh I didn't know there's handsfree version haha. .. don't think m1 is handsfree

@faithfullyyours my boy is 18 days old. I am reviewing the notes from mt A class. 5min pump on the right - massage left - 5min pump on the left = 1 cycle. Do 3 cycles. I am doing this now but yield not as much as 20min straight pump. Can't remember if that's a power pump technique.

I try to pump every 3/4 hours and also latch him in the day. Realize my mistake is I didn't empty my breast so ss might have affected.

Daja, for me I didn't feel anything at all even when I have show and my water bag burst. T didn't feel any pain/soreness/ache. I just felt something funny/weird below and went to toilet and check and I saw blood and felt something kept dripping below. Then I rushed to hospital already.

That's very lucky to not feel any pain. . Now even trying to lie on/ get off the bed is painful.

@faithfullyyours my boy is 18 days old. I am reviewing the notes from mt A class. 5min pump on the right - massage left - 5min pump on the left = 1 cycle. Do 3 cycles. I am doing this now but yield not as much as 20min straight pump. Can't remember if that's a power pump technique.

I try to pump every 3/4 hours and also latch him in the day. Realize my mistake is I didn't empty my breast so ss might have affected.
Oh yeah your boy was born 5 days after my girl. 15 Nov right? He's drinking 80 to 100 ml now. Wow! Should I be worried that my girl is only drinking 70 ml now?

ete, Medela Freestyle is hands free. My good friend is very gungho. She can use Medela Freestyle, attach to her breasts, wear a big shawl over it and leave her house to do her grocery shopping. She even pumps in the car as she is a property agent and her job is always on the move. She also pumps while she is playing mahjong with her friends. She only pumps 8 hourly. Each time yield about 400+ ml.

@ faithfullyyours yes 15/11! He's on growth spurt this week I guess. I would suppose boy's appetite is larger? But normal feed is 70ml if he's v hungry I'd give 15ml or 20ml more.

Oh ur friend is so cool!!

Faithfullyours handsfree as in compatible with handsfree bra? I using simple wishes handsfree bra with fs, s1 and m1 all works the same. Fs Motor unit got a clip able to let mummies clip onto their pants when wearing handsfree bra to pump but m1 and s1 must handcarry the motor unit even when wearing handsfree bra. S1 indeed is super bIg not suitable to bring out and m1 yes batt life sucks. If that's the case maybe fs is best choice for U. Anyway it's not super bad just that i thought spectra can help clear more and more affordable. But I guess it depend on every individuals. Might work for me might not work for u. I haven't been using fs for some time who know now I use its going to yield more.

Faithfullyours handsfree as in compatible with handsfree bra? I using simple wishes handsfree bra with fs, s1 and m1 all works the same. Fs Motor unit got a clip able to let mummies clip onto their pants when wearing handsfree bra to pump but m1 and s1 must handcarry the motor unit even when wearing handsfree bra. S1 indeed is super bIg not suitable to bring out and m1 yes batt life sucks. If that's the case maybe fs is best choice for U. Anyway it's not super bad just that i thought spectra can help clear more and more affordable. But I guess it depend on every individuals. Might work for me might not work for u. I haven't been using fs for some time who know now I use its going to yield more.

Probably I should get a handsfree bra too! Let me try out M1 when I receive.

Yup only one size and it fits all cause behind is Velcro can adjust your size. Yup can fit spectra too I'm using it with spectra and Medela before.

Hello ladies, here is the feeding guide given to me by polyclinic.
Btw I want to ask more about breast pump for my future. spectra brand is order from qoo10? S1 longer battery or is by electricity? Then is the handfree inclusive in the package and what is handfree and how does it looks like any pic or info I can read? What size I should get? Big boob bigger size or the size is for nipple? How to buy like this?
Btw I have officially changed to avent classic bottles haha. Old folk prefers avent and classic the tip better for my baby. Avent natural to nuk to avent classic.
How is everyone today? Busy with on duty? Haha my baby is shifting home tomorrow so happy. I am back to my driving already. Can chiong shopping a bit now I think. Trying to see if I can bring baby to shopping too. So far still have not used my car seat as initially baby head very soft. Now one month seems better shall try.. my bouncer my friend gave me a better one cost $100+. The $49 one my baby don't like.
Buddy are you still using nb diaper? I find like a bit fitting already. Thinking of trying s size. Btw I use pet pet not bad but more to at home use. Go out I will let baby use momy poko. Huggies hospital that time gave I find my baby leg got the mark like the material not soft. I am trying dryers later and see how. I also got pamper all is friend give one to try.
Ladies what fm you all using? Mine is mamil dumex. Any fm can let baby poo more?

Attachments

• 1417589376624.jpg
    1417589376624.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 175
Bud yes I find size s Abit tight fitting too. My babies when at hospital using huggies just born even smaller than newborn hehe. Actually I quite like huggies. So far I try a lot brand also. I find mama poko Abit thick the diaper like super cushion protection lol. Merries I also try before but so far huggies fitting like fit my babies the most.
If according to your polyclinic guide by right our babies now can eat 5-6feeds only? No leh mine every 2 hrs eating. They eating 100ml cause I up to 120ml they cannot finish. I also change a lot bottles avent natural to Dr Browns to NUK to avent natural again then back to Dr Browns then pigeon lol.

For pump spectra is the brand from Korea. More affordable. S1 got internal batt and power electricity. S1 more for heavy user not friendly if bring out due to the size. If want handsfree must buy handsfree bra. Cheerywalnuts recommend me previously. Brand is simple wishes. Can get from mothercare or online (yesterday i share the link with Faithfullyours). As for size of flange is see nipple size not boobs so must measure. Till now I still don't know if I gt the best size according to my nipple :(

My elder twin face a lot small white spot like oil glands. Wonder if it's dirty or heaty. Sis in law say inside heaty ask me to give more water for her drink but I don't fancy the water idea. Seriously Isit true really cannot give bb water?

I already start driving already but seldom bring bb out very difficult to handle both. A lot to bring out also.

Hello ladies, here is the feeding guide given to me by polyclinic.
Btw I want to ask more about breast pump for my future. spectra brand is order from qoo10? S1 longer battery or is by electricity? Then is the handfree inclusive in the package and what is handfree and how does it looks like any pic or info I can read? What size I should get? Big boob bigger size or the size is for nipple? How to buy like this?
Btw I have officially changed to avent classic bottles haha. Old folk prefers avent and classic the tip better for my baby. Avent natural to nuk to avent classic.
How is everyone today? Busy with on duty? Haha my baby is shifting home tomorrow so happy. I am back to my driving already. Can chiong shopping a bit now I think. Trying to see if I can bring baby to shopping too. So far still have not used my car seat as initially baby head very soft. Now one month seems better shall try.. my bouncer my friend gave me a better one cost $100+. The $49 one my baby don't like.
Buddy are you still using nb diaper? I find like a bit fitting already. Thinking of trying s size. Btw I use pet pet not bad but more to at home use. Go out I will let baby use momy poko. Huggies hospital that time gave I find my baby leg got the mark like the material not soft. I am trying dryers later and see how. I also got pamper all is friend give one to try.
Ladies what fm you all using? Mine is mamil dumex. Any fm can let baby poo more?
Regarding breasts pump, I think the best person to ask is Iwahb because she has Medela Freestyle, Spectra S1 and M1.

My girl uses Pet Pet during day time. Night time we use Pampers for her. I think Pampers is really not bad. We notice that Pampers's absorbency is the best. My girl can urinate and it still feels dry. When she poos, the discomfort level is not that high. Pet Pet after a while, she will cry already. Of course, we do change her diaper regularly.

Huggies is good because it has the wet indicator?

We are trying to finish up all the newborn sizes so that she can start wearing size S. Newborn sizes a bit too tight for her already.

Last edited:

Bud yes I find size s Abit tight fitting too. My babies when at hospital using huggies just born even smaller than newborn hehe. Actually I quite like huggies. So far I try a lot brand also. I find mama poko Abit thick the diaper like super cushion protection lol. Merries I also try before but so far huggies fitting like fit my babies the most.
If according to your polyclinic guide by right our babies now can eat 5-6feeds only? No leh mine every 2 hrs eating. They eating 100ml cause I up to 120ml they cannot finish. I also change a lot bottles avent natural to Dr Browns to NUK to avent natural again then back to Dr Browns then pigeon lol.

For pump spectra is the brand from Korea. More affordable. S1 got internal batt and power electricity. S1 more for heavy user not friendly if bring out due to the size. If want handsfree must buy handsfree bra. Cheerywalnuts recommend me previously. Brand is simple wishes. Can get from mothercare or online (yesterday i share the link with Faithfullyours). As for size of flange is see nipple size not boobs so must measure. Till now I still don't know if I gt the best size according to my nipple :(

My elder twin face a lot small white spot like oil glands. Wonder if it's dirty or heaty. Sis in law say inside heaty ask me to give more water for her drink but I don't fancy the water idea. Seriously Isit true really cannot give bb water?

I already start driving already but seldom bring bb out very difficult to handle both. A lot to bring out also.
My girl also has small little white spots. In fact her nose was full of that when she was born. Dr Tan and midwife said they will go away. It's true. Now they clear up already.

I give my girl plain water, 惊风散, 珍珠粉 and a type of TCM (don't know what it is called). CL said that TCM mixed with water, drink already will be less heaty.

Back