(2014) ivf mummies support group

Faithfullyours I using avent natural bottles previously. In fact I love it. Compact and easy to clean. Can put in warmer and steriliser no problem. So convi. But last weeks my twin A suddenly keep crying then don't want sleep. Even carry also cry for sometime before manage to pacify her. So i thought might be wind or gas In stomach (colic) so decided to change to dr brown. But I don't like dr brown cause alot of parts to wash. I got double the amount of bottles too so a lot to wash and plus dr brown bottles can direct heat in warmer unless U remove the middle vent if not milk will "explode" out of the bottles. Then if Shake fm also cannot shake too much cause also will "explode" haha. Then now still sourcing for another anti colic proven and easy to wash bottles.

Can I have mdm Emma contacts (for reference 1st) maybe I try to use her after week 6 :)

U can try Nuk or mam bottle they are anti colic quite easy to wash

I'm back. My bb needs phototherapy n needs to stay extra night. Tried to express out day 3 supply. ... After half hour only 10ml. Enough or not ah?

Can share whether anyone do both direct latch and bottle feed? Does your baby reject the breast after using the bottle? Any tips? It's less than one week but I am exhausted .

By the way, Polyclinic only scheduled next dose of hep b today. How come they never ask me whether I want to have 5in1 or 6in1? Very confused. How come got so many immunization package? Do we need to request? Snow, what did you get for your boy?

Last edited:
By the way, Polyclinic only scheduled next dose of hep b today. How come they never ask me whether I want to have 5in1 or 6in1? Very confused. How come got so many immunization package? Do we need to request? Snow, what did you get for your boy?

The 5-in-1 is at 3rd month then will have the 6-in-1 is at 5th month de, my boy had 5-in-1, rotavirus n pneumococcal jab at 3rd month, 4th mth he had 5-in-1 2nd dose n rotavirus 2nd dose. Next month 5th mth we going to ask the nurse if can do 6-in-1 which is 5-in-1 + hep b so on 6th mth we do not need to go back for any jab until my boy is 1 yr old

Can share whether anyone do both direct latch and bottle feed? Does your baby reject the breast after using the bottle? Any tips? It's less than one week but I am exhausted .

I'm using latching n bottle feed my boy is ok with it but my milk flow is slow so sometime he latch until pek chek he will cry then I will give him fm

I'm back. My bb needs phototherapy n needs to stay extra night. Tried to express out day 3 supply. ... After half hour only 10ml. Enough or not ah?

Ur bb nw is newborn should be enough but try to pump every 2 hr to increase ur supply if not u can also try to go for milk booster rest more n take enough fluid so u can have more milk

Buddy, we are really buddy. I also change my bottle for my baby as she also has a lot of wind and i use a bit of ru yue oil. When baby discharge on sunday, both me and dh went to kiddy toa payoh to buy new bottles as the one used in hospital is so good and my baby can actually finish the require amount of milk. I still like avent bottle easy to wash but baby drink better in the new bottle.
I am also planning to call emma for the message haha at week 6.
Kitkats jia you.
Faithfully great to know your baby jaundice is reducing. Thank God.

Lynn, Iwahb, faithfully yours, any of you using pacifier ? My baby very cranky at night, treat my nipple as pacifier . Very tempted to give her bottle teats to suck

Cheerywalnuts previously I use avent (natural range) I find might cause some air or Gas in their stomach. That's why change to other brand.

Bud which brand u using now for milk bottles? Yr hospital using Also? Ur massage lady given by cheerywalnuts also mdm Emma? Anyway I shall monitor my stomach see by then flat already anot lol.

Snow where to get mam bottles other than online. Retail seldom see on display. Nuk Isit good? I saw in kiddy palace the nipple looks weird I don't really like. So diff from our natural boobs. I still trying to hope my girls will latch when older so don't want the bottle nipple too far from my own :p

Faithfullyours thxs for the contact :)

Ete as new mummy 10ml is good. Happy latching and pumping to have more.

Bbhc I also don't know the many jabs. But I did heard 5-1 is foc or cheaper than 6-1. I thought if inject 5-1 can forgo 6-1 already. If take 6-1 then don't bother about 5-1. I also don't know wait till I go 2nd dose hep b see what polyclinic doc say.

Jiayou kitkats!

Jia you kitkats! life of a moo moo cow. awake at 4 am.

Haiz I wanna latch also can't, cos need to measure exactly 30 ml per feed. It is very tiring to pump milk compared to direct latch.

I use medela freestyle but can't seem to empty boobs. so I pump 20 mins then hand express to empty boobs.

bb_hc, mt a also taught me that way. I heard that is called power pump - to boost supply. I did that every 3hrs for 6 days. then massage lady came and told me that since she massage my boobs then no need to massage while pumping. so now I just direct pump 20 mins instead of power pumping.

Jiayou Kitkats! We are here to support you! If you really can't take the pain, then better decide quick if you wanna epidural because once you reach 6 cm dilation, they won't allow already.

What I learnt from the lactation nurse from KKH is that pump each breast for 5 minutes alternatively for half an hour to express or stimulate.

I don't like my girl to have pacifier. So I don't introduce that.

For the immunisations jabs, if you go back to KKH, they will give 6 in 1. If go polyclinics, it's 5 in 1 because Hep B 2nd dose is taken separately at polyclinics. KKH gave me a standard package what KKH and polyclinics offer.

I just finished feeding my girl. Life of a mummy. :)

Circle, do you latch your girl? I realise after latching for an hour, I don't pump after that. I only pump when that particular feed is FM. Then I'll pump out.

How did you all manage the pumping and latching? I haven't really gotten a routine to follow.

Circle why cannot latch? They say latch don't need measure ml just let bb suckle till full will auto break free from our boobs. Yes pumping is very tired. I heard of power pump too but I very lazy to follow. I just want to faster clear the pumping session. If power pump means every day every pump session must follow ar?

I don't know how to feel boobs are empty after pumping. Even thou I pump the full 30mins at end of the 5-10mins in fact nothing pump out but if I hand press press can still see some milk coming out.

Bbhc I also very tempted to give bb pacifier but I also keep hanging on cause I really afraid future hard to break free the habit. So this moment still enduring but now I think my situation is very fast I might introduce cause both bb start to cranky already too much for me to handle.

Oh I didn't ask if 20-30min is inclusive of massaging. I actually time by 10min break massage 10min. The supply went to 20ml in last pump. Bb came to latch for 30min after my pump n finished all my expressed milk. Doesn't seem enough for him. After 20-30min pump still feel it's not v emptied.

faithfullyyours and iwantahealthybaby, I can't latch my baby. doc wants her to drink 30 ml every 2 hrs. Cannot increase or decrease. currently that is how much her system can handle now with manual washing of her poo poo. even if she is hungry, also cannot feed :(

so I can only pump and pumping is hard work.

ete, I hand expressed after pumping. I usually use the neck of the bottle to collect the milk. but overtime mill will increase. now I can get about 90 ml from 20 mins pump and another 10ml from hand expressing.

Cheerywalnuts previously I use avent (natural range) I find might cause some air or Gas in their stomach. That's why change to other brand.

Bud which brand u using now for milk bottles? Yr hospital using Also? Ur massage lady given by cheerywalnuts also mdm Emma? Anyway I shall monitor my stomach see by then flat already anot lol.

Snow where to get mam bottles other than online. Retail seldom see on display. Nuk Isit good? I saw in kiddy palace the nipple looks weird I don't really like. So diff from our natural boobs. I still trying to hope my girls will latch when older so don't want the bottle nipple too far from my own :p

Faithfullyours thxs for the contact :)

Ete as new mummy 10ml is good. Happy latching and pumping to have more.

Bbhc I also don't know the many jabs. But I did heard 5-1 is foc or cheaper than 6-1. I thought if inject 5-1 can forgo 6-1 already. If take 6-1 then don't bother about 5-1. I also don't know wait till I go 2nd dose hep b see what polyclinic doc say.

Jiayou kitkats!

Mam u can get frm spring maternity nuk is ok leh my boy initially use pigeon then I change to nuk then stick to it but my bm I give him medela teat but is too soft so he suck until the whole teat want to bite off liao if u want very near ur nipple u need to buy those expensive de there's 1 bottle call como something de which is very similar to our nipple otherwise will be tommee tippee
I have the mam teat size 1 u want I can sell u haha I think can fit ur avent bottle ba coz avent teat can fit into the mam bottle leh

Last edited:
6-in-1 need to pay we ask the nurse can pay by medisave ma she say can so next mth we will ask the nurse if can take 6-in-1 Anot if can than good. Is cheap $120 only compare to private lol we cheapo parents haha so will go for free de. Than next mth will be the last jab for my boy until he's 1 yr old liao

Mine is nuk bottle as baby mouth can just touch the whole tip to suck. The tip is small just fitting the baby mouth size. I went kiddy and so far only see nuk got this size of course got those like wu lu brand but I get nuk at least a brand we know.
Hand express how to do it?
Later I am bringing baby to hospital for check up again.

@ Circlecircle how long did it took u to collect 10ml hand expressed milk
about 10 - 15 mins for 2 breasts. I press then can see squirts. I put on pump and there is nothing. so no choice, i pump about 20 mins or until I see not much drips then change to hand express.

@bb_hc actually 10min pump is bit short if you want both fore n hind right? If I remember correctly if bb latch for 10min it's only quench thirst milk. Next 10min is the creamier and richer milk. Sthg like that

about 10 - 15 mins for 2 breasts. I press then can see squirts. I put on pump and there is nothing. so no choice, i pump about 20 mins or until I see not much drips then change to hand express.

Oh that's pretty fast. At which day is that?

Snow Hee como tomo I try before but I think also will cause gas to bb. That one indeed expensive! Two bottles dual pack for $55 Pengz. Mine is the avent natural range the nipple bigger like tommee tippee type so don't think your mam teats can fit. And I need more than 1 Hee. See when free I shall go spring c c.

Circle your milk quite a lot so good. U do a lot power pump right! Maybe I shall try that too. Can power pump once per day? Or better that whole day power pump power pump power pump? Very time consuming thou. Everything for your girl it's worth. Your girl will get well soon ya. She is with kkh which dept now? Cardiac or?

Kitkats how are u? Out with the little one?

Snow Hee como tomo I try before but I think also will cause gas to bb. That one indeed expensive! Two bottles dual pack for $55 Pengz. Mine is the avent natural range the nipple bigger like tommee tippee type so don't think your mam teats can fit. And I need more than 1 Hee. See when free I shall go spring c c.

Circle your milk quite a lot so good. U do a lot power pump right! Maybe I shall try that too. Can power pump once per day? Or better that whole day power pump power pump power pump? Very time consuming thou. Everything for your girl it's worth. Your girl will get well soon ya. She is with kkh which dept now? Cardiac or?

I have the mam bottle if u want can sell u haha I have 2 bottle just nice for u lol I bought it to let my boy try but the colic got worse so end up stick back to my nuk bottle lol

I think every baby will have colic tummy de because they cry n they suck in air anti colic bottle is just to reduce or prevent it only so no matter which bottle we use still the same haha so muz standby rid wind drop Lor

Yes lor precisely I also think this way just that I trying my best to reduce air into their small tummy. Maybe I should stop my bottles craze now 1st. Actually I like avent natural bottles the best. Don't know should try that back anot. Haha. I think I keep changing bottles they also nipples confusion.

Now I am doing confinement I can keep pumping every 2-3hrs no matter how tired I am but I suddenly thinking after confinement say if I go out with bb or no bb then I also must bring pump along every now and then? If bring bb then I also cannot bring my chill bm out. As in if I go out long I cannot be bringing 6-8bottles cause bm only last them 2hrs the most means I cannot go out long. So Sian! I don't want one shot use up all my store bm. Now my bm haven't make it to the freezer cause just produce enough for their daily morning till evening intake.

Hello Mummies,

I am a silent reading mummy who hasnt been active in this thread for quite a while, am extremely busy with my baby.
It's heartwarming to see everyone doing great(esp we been through so much in this journey) & holding the bundle of joy.

Congraz to all who had given birth, Perserve in this breastfeeding journey! The beginning was v tough for me & I dint expect to hit my 1 yr mark soon! (baby turning 1 next month)
During the bf journey, i joined the FB bf support group & find it immensely useful & encouraging. Days of engorgement, milk ducts, faitgue...fever...plus looking after the LO without help...i wont be able to make it so far with frens support & facebook, ha!

Just to add a word of the cacoon baby which some mummies have been talking about. It's indeed very useful, my baby slept really well every night. Only regrets is we should have bought it earlier, ha!

cheers

Still waiting.... Only 2cm dilated....o_O

Wow if dilate very slow n water bag is burst n u might end up csect like me wor coz my dilate very slow n every time my contraction gets high my bb heart beat drop so the standby doc suggest csect even doc tan also agree coz of bb sake so u cross ur fingers haha but I like the feeling though haha next time no more this type of feeling Liao so enjoy while u can haha

Yes lor precisely I also think this way just that I trying my best to reduce air into their small tummy. Maybe I should stop my bottles craze now 1st. Actually I like avent natural bottles the best. Don't know should try that back anot. Haha. I think I keep changing bottles they also nipples confusion.

Now I am doing confinement I can keep pumping every 2-3hrs no matter how tired I am but I suddenly thinking after confinement say if I go out with bb or no bb then I also must bring pump along every now and then? If bring bb then I also cannot bring my chill bm out. As in if I go out long I cannot be bringing 6-8bottles cause bm only last them 2hrs the most means I cannot go out long. So Sian! I don't want one shot use up all my store bm. Now my bm haven't make it to the freezer cause just produce enough for their daily morning till evening intake.

I think u shld just stick back to ur avent ba if not ur bb later dun want latch then Jia lat, once u bring ur bb out really Troublesome, now my hub n Mi take turn to eat if lucky we can eat together coz I'm using baby carrier to carry my boy n he can sleep while im eating but is a challenging to eat haha coz scare later the food drop onto his head haha

Oh that's pretty fast. At which day is that?
Me at day 15 now. getting about average 100ml for 2 breasts. 3.5hrly pump - 20 mins using medela freestyle and 10 - 15 mins hand express.

mt a taught me massage, 5 mins pump, massage, 5 mins pump, massage, 5 mins pump. I kiasu.. even add hand express at the end to clear bust. I did this method from day 3 to day 6 - every 3hrs.

I guess then... that was the only thing I could do for my baby. so very conscientious. then day 7... my post natal massage started. ml says she massage for me. I no need to massage. then pump 20 mins straight. since then, I have been pumping 20 mins + hand express to end.

think my baby is under pediatric dept. when we discharge, nurse says will call me to let me know follow up appt date/time. until now still no news. and now dunno who to find about this. Sobbies.

Still waiting.... Only 2cm dilated....o_O
Jia you kitkats!!!! Hopefully everything will be smooth smooth for you!!!!

I heard it takes about 12hrs for induce to work. then after that they can add something to your drip to make dilation faster. u also must relax, don't stress. The more relax you are, the easier to dilate.

you gonna opt for epi?

Jia you kitkats!!!! Hopefully everything will be smooth smooth for you!!!!

I heard it takes about 12hrs for induce to work. then after that they can add something to your drip to make dilation faster. u also must relax, don't stress. The more relax you are, the easier to dilate.

you gonna opt for epi?
Yes I opt for epi.
Tot hubby can accompany me, in the end he can only wait outside the delivery suite lounge.

Sleepy... Haven't sleep since yesterday.. :confused:

Yes I opt for epi.
Tot hubby can accompany me, in the end he can only wait outside the delivery suite lounge.

Huh why wait outside delivery suite my hub accompany through out until I went into the theatre

Yes I opt for epi.

Yeah why your hubby can only wait in the lounge? Mine was with me all the way till baby is born. Are you a private patient? Since you are seeing Dr Tan, you should be one. In the delivery suite room, there's an arm chair for my DH to sit.

Kitkats, you might end up like me. Insert pill to soften the cervix and speed up dilation. Drip and epidural will quicken the dilation.

Yeah why your hubby can only wait in the lounge? Mine was with me all the way till baby is born. Are you a private patient? Since you are seeing Dr Tan, you should be one. In the delivery suite room, there's an arm chair for my DH to sit.

Kitkats, you might end up like me. Insert pill to soften the cervix and speed up dilation. Drip and epidural will quicken the dilation.

Not really leh depends de I insert 1 pill then contraction too close can't insert another pill put epidural n burst water bag the next day only 4cm dilate

Wah snow, half price very good deal wor...

I saw a website selling $308, got someone selling prelove but she said unused at $250..

So I tot I rmb someone saying got discount somewhere in this thread.

Circle u bm is good! Day 15 combine 100ml gosh. My almost a month liao combine only 150-160 and I did 2-3hrly. I usually just pump straight 30mins.

Bud how is your review today? How much milk u giving your girl now? I think I giving too little.

Back