(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

My baby always hiccup after burp after milk. I'll just leave her alone cos she seems okay with it. I also clean my bb tongue using face cloth when bathing.

Yaa, we are more active at the fb chat. You joining us? I just set up a fb acc for this... lol
Looks like I have to create one fb acct lor else will be v bored here. Lol.

How do you clean the tongue? mine refused to open his mouth leh... my #1 also like that.. So i try to clean when they cry. haha.

At first my bb don't like it too keep her gum tightly close.. haha
After a few try she's okay but still give a unhappy look but after putting her into tub she's happy.
If clean the tongue first she don't really like so I clean her gums gently follow by tongue.

Yeah should just try to tap tap on bb mouth until they open. They quickly clean. Haha, better to make it a habit so next time teach them to brush teeth and all easier.

Yeah, join the FB grp!! :) easier and faster to chit chat there. haha.

My dad bought this for me to clean baby's tongue

Attachments

• 1415690991139.jpg
    1415690991139.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 252
Yeah should just try to tap tap on bb mouth until they open. They quickly clean. Haha, better to make it a habit so next time teach them to brush teeth and all easier.

Yeah, join the FB grp!! :) easier and faster to chit chat there. haha.

My #1 hates to brush teeth too. Sigh.. He only allows daddy to brush for him.

Mummies who want to be added to the FB group, please kindly PM me your email address instead of posting it here because I may miss the post.

Thank you.

Hi mommies, what do you use to clean your bb tongue?

Does your bb hiccup often? How to resolve? Give water??
I use cotton balls soak in water, tear up to smaller pcs, wrap ard finger n clean the tongue. For hiccups, my baby hiccup everyday. Sometimea i give a bit water, sometimes i juz let baby hiccup.. but will pat her back

Bunnyhorse,
Did u drink papaya fishbone soup? It does help increase milk supply.Or do u have any block ducts? Last time i have some block ducts and supply just like your. After clearing the block ducts, can up to 120ml...

I gave up bf.but also another journey how to stop breast feed. I still trying to figure out.I end up with more block ducts.. Will be calling Betty to help me clear the block ducts and hopefully she have advise how to stop the breast milk faster... now confinement lady say my breast milk little... 5 hrs pump around 80ml then very watery also.. BB drink liao not full one...
Hi, how does it feel to have blocked ducts? I am not sure if I have blocked ducts cos my left boob does not hurt at all and feels soft, but it is not producing a lot of milk. Maybe ard 10ml in 15min if lucky. Currently am only sustaining my baby on my right boob. Do you think Betty will be able to help diagnose what's wrong if it is not blocked ducts? I'm really desperate to get the left side to increase supply! Can u pl also PM me Betty's number? Thanks!

Bunnyhorse,
Did u drink papaya fishbone soup? It does help increase milk supply.Or do u have any block ducts? Last time i have some block ducts and supply just like your. After clearing the block ducts, can up to 120ml...

I gave up bf.but also another journey how to stop breast feed. I still trying to figure out.I end up with more block ducts.. Will be calling Betty to help me clear the block ducts and hopefully she have advise how to stop the breast milk faster... now confinement lady say my breast milk little... 5 hrs pump around 80ml then very watery also.. BB drink liao not full one...
Yes I drank, eat fenugreek pill. But still supply low. Sad! I no block cos my breast soft.

Yes I drank, eat fenugreek pill. But still supply low. Sad! I no block cos my breast soft.
I think I am like u. Breast feels soft, so prob not blocked, but no milk. Even pumping for 15min I can hardly cover the base of the bottle. I had a fibroadenoma removal from that side 6 yrs ago so I'm not sure if it's due to that.

@JYYL87,

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a8494/blocked-ducts-during-breastfeeding

hope this article helps.

How often do you pump? U have to pump every 2 to 3 hours to increase supply. For each pump, after your milk stops dripping into the bottle, extend the duration to another 3 to 5 mins. Before you pump, drink hot drink/soup, apply hot towel and massage. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I've been doing that. I suspect it's due to the surgery :( but I really hope not! I hope to exclusive BF till at least 6 mths and I'm worried I can't sustain from just 1 side (right side). Btw I'm from Nov Grp, just delivered on 3 Nov.

@Baobei2014
Think it very common to hv conflict with mil. How come with own mother not much problem.
Similarly, when bb cry she ask isitfeeding time, bb hungry is it when it is not time for feeding yet. It may end up overfeed bb. Sometime feel that she keep wanting to carry bb away from me.
I do have the same feeling that my mil wanna carry the bb well I can't blame her cos my confinement is at my mum place. I just cheer myself that someone is willing to carry her so I can rest.

@BunnyHorse
You can try take blessed thistle supplements? Or goats rue?
Or how abt lactation cookies? It hv brewers yeast, oats and flax seed.

ImageUploadedByForum1415752296.572673.jpg

Try eating some of these items.

@Baobei2014, don't stress yourself over MIL. After all you are the mom. Selectively take in what is relevant and ignore the rest. My MIL also everytime the bb cries, she will say bb wants milk, go feed. At that time, I don't even have milk! Can imagine the stress. So I learnt and rebuke her saying bb cries for many reason.
Thanks for the advice.
Taking things in my own stride & as you say, it's my baby of coz I wan the best for her.
Others may comment but they can't judge coz im their mum who carry for 10 months

@Baobei2014
Think it very common to hv conflict with mil. How come with own mother not much problem.
Similarly, when bb cry she ask isitfeeding time, bb hungry is it when it is not time for feeding yet. It may end up overfeed bb. Sometime feel that she keep wanting to carry bb away from me.
Thank you so much
1st time mothers do need lots of advice n support

I drink but still min 30ml max 50ml both breast
I only pump when my breast hurts coz too tired.
Need to rest & when baby cranky totally no time.
So I supplement with formula.
So 1 day pump at most 3-4 times

Dun get stressed out.my milk supply also came in late . around day 6 or 7 then got milk.dp breast massage and let bb suck/pump like normal.will come one.just that different people different time. Dun give up. My bb all the time take formula before my milk supply come in ma.

@Baobei2014,

not sure if i mentioned this to you b4 but if you wanna increase supply, u have to pump more often, at least every 3 hour. If you can, every 2 hour. I pump very often when I first started for my #1 - every 2 hour even in the middle of the night and my supply built up very fast.

I didn't take any supplement until much later when I went back to work and my supply started to drop.

@Baobei2014,

not sure if i mentioned this to you b4 but if you wanna increase supply, u have to pump more often, at least every 3 hour. If you can, every 2 hour. I pump very often when I first started for my #1 - every 2 hour even in the middle of the night and my supply built up very fast.

I didn't take any supplement until much later when I went back to work and my supply started to drop.
But pumping every 2hrs at w beginning, how much u pump & duration of each pump?

@Baobei2014,

But now is already 25th day of birth, does e 2-3hrs pump still works to increase milk supply?
Seriously im very tired everyday ( I know it's not an excuse) but bb hungry every 2-3hrs then need to pump 2-3hrs, it's all done by me in the day. When I breastfeed, bb sleep & get cranky later coz my supply low & she's not full. So it'll be like every 30mins latching her on, too tired le

@Baobei2014 ,
I'm a 2nd time mum so supply came in faster. I had breast engorgement on day 3. Started pumping on day 4. first pump was 30ml, then 50ml, then 60ml (every 3 hour)... My boobs were still hard and sore, my ml said my milk comes in very fast so I must pump more often. By day 7, I was able to pump up to 110ml. Today, I can pump up to 240ml after 4 hour. I didn't take any supplement. All I do is sleep, eat and pump. I take hot baths and drink hot drinks. I also drink soups for lunch, dinner and supper.

Yes I know its tiring. For me, I don't mind the waking up and the pumping. But if you feel that it's too taxing for you, then don't. Motherhood is more than giving breastmilk.

Now that my nipples are healed, i also latch sometimes. If i latch, then i will pump out the excess milk 30 min or an hour later depending how full my boobs still are. When u empty your breasts, you are also telling your body that you need more milk. Using a good electric pump also helps to stimulate and also pump out the milk effectively.

Hi, for those who want to be added into the fb group. Please kindly PM me your fb email and also let me know your fb name. Sometimes I'm unable to add you because of your setting. I will then give you my email to add me.

I will have to add you as my friend first before I can add you to the group because it is a secret group, only friends of members can be added.

Hi, my FB name is Sandy Yuen
My FB email is [email protected]
Pls add me in the group. Thanks.

Hi mummies, my baby is 5wks old now. Wat are your babies sleeping pattern at night now? My baby seems to be sleeping too little..

My bb is near 2mo. I'll get her changed into pyjamas and pat her to sleep at 10pm. But sometimes she only fall asleep ard 11-12. Will wake at 8or9am
In between wake up for milk but immediately get back to sleep.

Hi mummies, my baby is 5wks old now. Wat are your babies sleeping pattern at night now? My baby seems to be sleeping too little..
My bb coming 4 weeks.
After last feed at either 9 or 930pm, she would sleep n next feed ard 4hrs.
At night her demand feed is 4hrs whereas daytime is 3hrs

Yup the net bouncer
Some say back for their bone coz now still developing so wanna ask for feedback

Shouldn't be a problem at all. I let my gal rest in the Fisher price bouncer too. Baby body at this stage is very flexible. This type of net bounces are used by 2 generations in our family.

So you are ending your confinement soon. How's is it coming along with your mil?

Last edited:
Yup the net bouncer
Some say back for their bone coz now still developing so wanna ask for feedback
I dun think its bad for back ba.. cos they are still lying on their back.. just like you are using the sling to carry baby, baby's back not being straight flat oso ah.. hmmm.. correct me if im wrong..

Urgent...

Mommies can i ask.. if i thaw my ebm using hot water... can i pour out some and mix with another pack of ebm and feed my LO. and keep the balance bm in fridge for next feeding?

Reason being all my ebm is in packs of 90ml or 100ml.. my LO consume around 110 to 120 ml.

Thank u

Hi Mummies & Daddies...
I just signed up at the Parenthood Fair for a free digital edition of the Motherhood magazine. Its filled with lots of interesting articles as well as brochures of the upcoming Parenthood fair for the various contests.
Just sign up at http://gift.motherhoodexhibition.sg/ with the Promo Code PHF3 for the free digital magazine now!
Parenthood Fair from 21-23 Nov 2014 11am to 9pm.

Urgent...

Mommies can i ask.. if i thaw my ebm using hot water... can i pour out some and mix with another pack of ebm and feed my LO. and keep the balance bm in fridge for next feeding?

Reason being all my ebm is in packs of 90ml or 100ml.. my LO consume around 110 to 120 ml.

Thank u
Once u have warmed the milk u cannot put it back into the fridge.

Shouldn't be a problem at all. I let my gal rest in the Fisher price bouncer too. Baby body at this stage is very flexible. This type of net bounces are used by 2 generations in our family.

So you are ending your confinement soon. How's is it coming along with your mil?
Ending 19oct
Ok la jus listen to what is useful
Can't say much also

My bb is near 2mo. I'll get her changed into pyjamas and pat her to sleep at 10pm. But sometimes she only fall asleep ard 11-12. Will wake at 8or9am
In between wake up for milk but immediately get back to sleep.
I have been doing that but she jus wont sleep even if I tried from 9pm till 1am on her next feed. In the end I kangaroo pat her to sleep but each time I place her in cot, after 5-10min she will stay awake. faint. but if she sleeps next to me she can sleep for 3-4hrs depend. :(

Urgent...

Thank u

U put in fridge to thaw and can keep remaining for the next feed.

@littlefish866 , your bb wants to smell you :):(
My gal sometimes likes to sleep on her tummy. Sometimes in yaolan. Sometimes just sit and doze off in her rocker chair. But sometimes real fussy, all position also don't want.

Then I try position her on sideway and she's okay. Sometimes cover her eyes with a handkerchief, she closes her eyes immediately and soon fall asleep.

Back