(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Ya.. many skinny preg ladies only show at tummy. Whereas you won't be able to tell that she's preg from behind
.. so envy

I totally look like a fat market auntie with hairband on and ponytail... haha no choice, it's too hot and i'm a sahm

Saw this pic on FB.. So envy! Sexy mummies..

ImageUploadedByForum1400593184.396455.jpg

My detailed scan at tmc is on next tuesday.. but my hubby will not be available to go with me.. i called and tmc ask me to try walk in but warn me that the waiting will be long on saturday..
Anyone tried walk in for detailed scan??
or do u think i should go without my hubby? Sigh feeling really dilemma and disappointing..

My detailed scan at tmc is on next tuesday.. but my hubby will not be available to go with me.. i called and tmc ask me to try walk in but warn me that the waiting will be long on saturday..
Anyone tried walk in for detailed scan??
or do u think i should go without my hubby? Sigh feeling really dilemma and disappointing..
Can't make appointment? I Think you should go with hubby...

Wow.. End of June still long way to go.. Wait until long neck lo.. Hmmp, if husband really can't take a few hours leave, I will choose to go myself. :)

@angel_loi

Ya loh.. so long.. by that time im already week 24..

I also thought of going myself as who knows if my boy will be cooperate.. but then i also wish husband could be around to hear the detailed progress of my boy.. aiyo.. super dillemma.. i even feel sad till i wanna cry liao.. haha.. emotional easily..

@verine22

Relax, don't be sad. Understand that u feel disappointed..maybe u can have a gd discussion with your husband first. If not, just bear with it & wait till end June. During this period do visit your gynae for routine check up too.

Aiyo, compared to all of you, I am Aunty at 40 leh! You all still so young! Half dead liao still popping baby... no energy ah! Anyway, with all your youth, don't worry about figure, got time to cut and look good again.

I think I look better when I was preg with my boy. My boy's complexion like tofu smooth and fair and chubby.

@ Verine 22
If TMC says you can walk in on Saturday then if I were you I would do that as no other option unless to wait till Week 24 but thats too late right? Walking in means it's just a matter of how long you need to wait but at least your husband is there, you all can walk out to have a meal first while waiting or bring a book / ipad to self entertain.

Hi, any of you will do postnatal massage? Is there any risk to do massage after C-section?
Any mummies have experience for this?

I barely put on 3.5kg to 4kg since pregnant. I am now 20wks+, but looks like putting on TONS of kgs!!! I can't fit in most of my clothes already. I wonder if any mummies are the same as me? I am also worried that I might be gigantic when I am nearer to due date. I just went Bali for Babymoon 2 weeks back and I really missed the times when I can wear bikini and swim! haha. imagine I am only wearing a sundress and sit under shade! hahaha...

my arms and legs are genetically thicker than normal, and I am not kidding. so I really envy those slim mothers whom pregnant liao still can have slim arms and legs.

any idea what will the gynae look for during detailed scan? I've heard abt stomach, kidney, liver, arms/legs. any other things that we need to take note? coz my gynae does the detailed scan himself which I felt so different from others.

@verine22 > good luck, hope you don't wait too long or able to get appt at Mt A.

@aal2011 > I had my postnatal massage x 5 times starting 1 month after c-sect, with binding as well. But after I stopped the massage and binding, my tummy went back to being loose and fat. I look really weird as I have skinny legs and arms, overall I look skinny but my tummy is really bad, I look like a frog! Now even more look like frog. Kermit The Frog also skinny arms and legs but big belly.

@yuyan84

Of course u can use scissors as long as not on bed & try to avoid in your own room if possible. I even trim my own eyebrows.. :) But I don't sew clothes. Don't use scissors to cut off any torn edge or price tag when u are wearing it. Make sure cut off everything before u wear it.

@verine22
I'll be walking in to TMC next friday early in the morning at 8am without appt for my detail scan too as all fully book.
My hubby is on reservist so I'll be gg alone too. It's okay la as he oso didn't company me for the Oscar scan. Just make sure he go with you for the 4-D scan if you gg to take at least it is much more interesting.

@verine22
I'll be walking in to TMC next friday early in the morning at 8am without appt for my detail scan too as all fully book.
My hubby is on reservist so I'll be gg alone too. It's okay la as he oso didn't company me for the Oscar scan. Just make sure he go with you for the 4-D scan if you gg to take at least it is much more interesting.

Let me know if its really pack and wait long k?? most likely i go for the walk in at tmc on next sat.. i hope my hubby could get as much involvement as possible since its our first.. hehe.. hope u wont get to wait long and ur LO cooperate..

any idea what will the gynae look for during detailed scan? I've heard abt stomach, kidney, liver, arms/legs. any other things that we need to take note? coz my gynae does the detailed scan himself which I felt so different from others.
Will measure the brain, hands, legs, bladder, kidney, eyes, length of baby, weight.

Babymoon's like honeymoon... Holiday to celebrate before birth of baby. Bali's a nice place to go for babymoon. I went there when preggy with #1. Relaxed and loved the massage for preggy ladies. Quite expensive though...

@snowkie84

Thanks for the explanation. I'm love to travel v much but not during my pregnancy. As I find that I don't have full energy to enjoy the surround or shop around. Can't really enjoy much..

In parkway east hospital i also want to change my detailed scan earlier but its all fully book also.5 more days cant wait to see my bb

@yuyan84

Of course u can use scissors as long as not on bed & try to avoid in your own room if possible. I even trim my own eyebrows.. :) But I don't sew clothes. Don't use scissors to cut off any torn edge or price tag when u are wearing it. Make sure cut off everything before u wear it.
Oh No I cut thread when wearing it n put safety pin.

Babymoon's like honeymoon... Holiday to celebrate before birth of baby. Bali's a nice place to go for babymoon. I went there when preggy with #1. Relaxed and loved the massage for preggy ladies. Quite expensive though...

Wooo.. i want that too.. maybe i short getaway.. but this is best done during our 2 trimester which mine going to end in 5 weeks time.. like too rush to book now...

Good morning, such a nice weather!

I start to feel my LO movements ard 16 weeks & more kicking on 18weeks plus. Recently even my hubby can feel the kick too.

@angel_loi
Hubby finally can feel baby's strong movement last night cos everytime I call for him either baby stop her action or the movement is butterfly feel as described by hubby.

Today is 21-22weeks. Everytime I wake up from bed can feel awkward position of baby. Think it's becos lye down too long, baby kind of position comfortably then I suddenly move so can feel baby re-positioning.

@aal2011
Ya, the feeling is very sweet and amazed. I always stop whatever I'm doing and touch my tummy to feel her. I started to feel her around week15.

@BunnyHorse
My baby weighs 330gm (21wks) during Monday detail scan.

@lervia
Bubbles feel is a good start, you'll soon feel a powerful one from your lo.

@verine22
Don't worry, very soon you'll get to feel the amazing moment. I feel my #1 at week 23+

Last edited:
BunnyHorse, why doesn't your gynae allow you to fly? if not fly, take a ferry to Bintan or Batam. Equally nice!

Snowkies, yes! Bali is a very nice place for Babymoon! although I can't walk a lot these days, I had great time loitering at Ubud and visit some places of interests. I had also wonderful time there relaxing at beach. I did not do any massage as my hubby totally banned me. *sob*. but I had manicure/pedicure as compensation. hahaha...

verine22, its still not too late to book a short getaway I think. perhaps will be more expensive and crowded due to june school holiday. I booked my trip after I complete my 1st trimester milestone. and I travel on my 18wk. I want to avoid the peak season, and while my tummy still small. but now after I come back from Bali, both me and hubby desperately wish for another holiday. hahaha.

agaga, I think I constantly feel my baby especially when I am sitting down. not sure if the sensation is my LO's movement. I don't really feel like bubbles or butterflies, but its like a fish wiggling inside. is it correct?

@babybear33
If the movement is felt below your abdomen then it's your LO, maybe the wriggling feel is turning body action. Sometimes I feel bubbles just above my belly button then I remind myself that's just gas. But I usually feel my LO when I'm lying down.

Last edited:
@babybear33
If the movement is felt below your abdomen then it's your LO, maybe the wriggling feel is turning body action. Sometimes I feel bubbles just above my belly button then I remind myself that's just gas. But I usually feel my LO when I'm lying down.

yes! below abdomen, below belly button! my LO is always in action when I am sitting down! haha... amazing! I do feel it when I am lying down, but not as much as while sitting! :)

Back