(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Ladies. Do rest well. Maybe cos I am in my #3 pregnancy, I am starting to feel contractions at 25weeks n gyne hv to prescribe anti-contraction tablets. And I m now on bedrest. So do rest as much as you can.

Bedrest means gynae give mc?? How long he gave?
did he do any test for the contraction?

Maybe don't wear the necklace? I hvnt started bloating but my tummy skin is tight like a drum skin. Like going to wxplode

It's not about the necklace. Maybe i should say along the neck.. got a few bumps there.. red color 3d. Like pimples.

I can feel that LO is growing alot these 2weeks (wk28-30) keep feeling she's sitting on my vein or don't know where. Just feel pain and some mild cramp here n there.

Oh and those tees that I'm wearing till date is shorten again.

Verine, you still need to drink water as usual. I just cut down before bedtime. Can't tahan keep wake up im the middle of the night.

Popie, my tummy will be feeling exploding anytime after food especially a big meal. But in the morning can feel still got alot of space for food.

Just realised that my c-sec line became so dark in color, it's almost black now. It's pink before this. Sigh so ugly.

Counting down to mid sept. Hopefully LO arrives sound and safe. Wish my body all go back to normal.

Poor hubby going to become 'vegetarian' soon. We hasn't go intimate since preg cos feeling uncomfortable with morning sickness. After that did resume but only once a month. Noticed his face popped with pimples recently. You ladies? Still intimate as usual?

My temper really bad on my #1 recently, blood boils when comes to coaching her in attitude and homework. Control real hard not to flare on her.

@agaga
Ur right,before we always do it 3-4x a month.but now? ones a month only huhuhuhu.think my hubby scared to touch me coz he think something will happen to the bb deep inside hahahaha.anyway i always have wet dreams hahahaha i dnt knw if its normal or not

Rhonna, I think it's totally normal, we still have the needs even preg cos i also dream of it quite frequently... haha Although i don't get wet. Ever since preg or rather all my preg, i won't get lubricated. I must get help from ky gel. But i must say that i feel more pleasure to hv sex during preg. But hubby scared got complication so restrict ourselves lor.

For me, we still have intimate like once every week.. i trying.. if not once every 2 weeks.. i think i kind of lost my sex drive but i will have wet dream too.. haha.. i think our hubby really poor thing, they have to tahan for so long..
But yea, i also scared complication especially when my tummy get tighten easily..

@agaga, me too. my tummy is the smallest in the am.. by night time, it can double the size. So scary.
Thus this also deter me from getting intimate .. feel so clumsy. i also v dry.. theres once kena blood lor after doing.. Hubby so scared. lol.

You ladies still so active..keep it up.. i feel so tired everynight so always reject him.. me bad..

Gyne gave me 10days hospitalization leave to rest. My gyne scanned the cervix to chk for dilation and shortening. Thankfully no signs of labour

Do u mind to share with me how ur contraction like ah?? Wonder if its the same as me...

Huh?! Some mummies start to feel contraction? Recently I find that my belly is getting tighter & seems like bloated but in fact I haven't have my meal yet. So worried too.. Furthermore at night my LO boxing & keep on turning.. Can't sleep..

Contractions is like menstrual cramps. Also the stomach will harden until very hard. For me I decided to see my gyne when my stomach was very hard and tight for the whole night and I woke up in the middle of the night with my stomach and thighs feeling very "suan". Like cramping up.

At this stage we should already start feeling some false contractions "Braxton Hicks". http://www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contractions_156.bc

But it shouldn't be regular or prolonged.

Oh.. icic.. it seems that im symptom is not as serious as the web says.. mine just get really tight after i eat, sometimes i get up from my pee or shampooing.. think i should be okay ba..

Verine22, shd be ok lah.. so long no pain.

Any mommies dye hair duirng this period? i can't stand my hair..the two tones is so obvious. Is it really not safe to dye hair?
i almost can't reach my toe now...tumnmy in the way...so think next mth must do pedicure alr.

Those who choose Mt A, can share what are the delivery charges like? over there no guarantee of 1 bedroom?

@leocub

Ya, as advised try not to dye yr hair as they using heavy chemical on the root of yr hair. Bear with it for few mths then after our confinement, we can have a make over to celebrate Christmas soon.. Lol!

Me too.. Can't reach my toes soon. Have a hard time to cut my toes nails..

My #1 was natural with epidural.
#2 was purely natural.

#2 came too fast. Not enough time for anesthetist. Hehe. Pain was bearable. First one took too long. I cannot stand the pain for sooooo looooong. So take epidural. After that can relax n sleep. Hahaha
i'm having phobia on labour pain. this is my 1st pregnancy. does epidural really helps in the contractions before the last stage when you're fully dilated to push?

i'm having 2nd thoughts cause many said there will be side effects.

@leocub
Ya better dun dye hair now.. i also have 2 tones too.. haha! I think most of us face the same problem coz we must have realised we are preg soon after CNY..
Me too! I cant cut my toe nails too.. but my hubby dont allow me to go pedicure.. he say the chemical smell in there are strong.. :(

i'm having phobia on labour pain. this is my 1st pregnancy. does epidural really helps in the contractions before the last stage when you're fully dilated to push?

i'm having 2nd thoughts cause many said there will be side effects.

Baobei. Not sure about side effects cos I already had back pains before I was pregnant. And it didn't get worse after delivery. But what I did notice was dilation was much slower after the epidural shot was given. But then again I was induced in the first place cos dilation was too slow. Took me almost 12hours before I delivered. I asked for epidural cos I was taking too long and enduring too much pain while fasting. Need to fast when you are in labour in case you need emergency c-sect. I didn't want to waste all my energy enduring pain and then miss the final push.

As for my second birth baby came very first. I didnt quite feel very much pain until I was 8cm dilated. I walked into labour ward when I was 6cm dilated.

Think it is different for everyone. So just listen to your body. And work closely with your gyne and midwife. I trusted my gyne and basically just followed their advice. Don't think too much about labour and stress yourself. God has made the woman body to be able to go through the whole birth process. You can do it! Now most importantly is to take care of yourself so baby can grow well until delivery.

Jia you!

Baobei. Not sure about side effects cos I already had back pains before I was pregnant. And it didn't get worse after delivery. But what I did notice was dilation was much slower after the epidural shot was given. But then again I was induced in the first place cos dilation was too slow. Took me almost 12hours before I delivered. I asked for epidural cos I was taking too long and enduring too much pain while fasting. Need to fast when you are in labour in case you need emergency c-sect. I didn't want to waste all my energy enduring pain and then miss the final push.

As for my second birth baby came very first. I didnt quite feel very much pain until I was 8cm dilated. I walked into labour ward when I was 6cm dilated.

Think it is different for everyone. So just listen to your body. And work closely with your gyne and midwife. I trusted my gyne and basically just followed their advice. Don't think too much about labour and stress yourself. God has made the woman body to be able to go through the whole birth process. You can do it! Now most importantly is to take care of yourself so baby can grow well until delivery.

Jia you!
Popie, thank you so much. i'm now in my 7th month & really very scared how the pain will be like. I wont stress myself now cause still 3 months more to go.

@leoclub

I choose Mt A.. Estimate pricing is ard $4k plus in total for 2 bedder including Epidural. During my #1, I only opt for epidural after I endure the pain for almost 12hours. First 4 hours is not so bad till I manage to go back home & shower which I have already dilated 5cm. For the 12 hours it was remained at 5cm so no choice have to induce together with epidural. Then after 4 hours plus my LO pop out.. Hopefully this time round can be faster.

thanks angel. The S$4k i suppose is before medisave?
U very can leh.. endure 12 hrs then take epi.. bo wah lor. i very kia pain.. once my waterbag break i ask for epi liao. lol
Hopefully our 2nd will be faster..

Verine22, so your hubby help u cut nails? my manicurist say its safe to even do gel after 5th month.

Ok. since so many mommies advise..i shant color my hair ..maybe cut the lighter shade away. Every day see myself in mirror feel super ugly lor.. sighz.

Baobei, frankly my experience with epi not that good as i'm not a person with high thrashold of pain. So once the contraction starts, i ask for epi.. then i got side effect like vomitting, shivering & numbness. so i can't push bb when the midwives ask me to. But the only good thing is.. i dont feel pain lah.. lol. bb came out after 10 hrs. Maybe the dosage they gave me is too high..

thanks angel. The S$4k i suppose is before medisave?
U very can leh.. endure 12 hrs then take epi.. bo wah lor. i very kia pain.. once my waterbag break i ask for epi liao. lol
Hopefully our 2nd will be faster..

The problems is my water bag nv burst at all & end up my gynae burst it for me after I have endure for 8 hours pain. Next 4 hours baby still don't want to come out so only then I opt for epidural. Actually I try not to go for epi as I heard got side effects. But in fact I think the side effects is not much.. I only feel back spine pain when I'm having my #2 pregnancy now.

Yes, $4k plus is before medi. Cash total I paid ard $2100-$2300. U choose Mt A too?

@angel_loi
I also booked Mt A , due mid-Oct 2014..$2100-$2300 is only the hospital right? then you still have to pay for gynae fees, right?
For me i need to pay ard $3300-$3600 (after medisave) for Mt A (2 bedder room) to get the bb out...

@angel_loi
I also booked Mt A , due mid-Oct 2014..$2100-$2300 is only the hospital right? then you still have to pay for gynae fees, right?
For me i need to pay ard $3300-$3600 (after medisave) for Mt A (2 bedder room) to get the bb out...

The pricing of $4k plus is based on my #1 pregnancy on 2011. Now I heard that the price increase & I have checked it out too. It's indeed increase frm hospital side. My gynae side I will check with him next week during my routine check up. The $4k plus is everything including gynae.. Bal $2k plus pay cash after deduct frm medi. Also that time I opt for 2 bedder cz my best friend & me give birth on the same day.. Just nice! :)
Most of my friends is her friends too.. Visitors came & visit both together.. So convenience! Lol..

@angel_loi
Yes, normal delivery.....this is my 3rd bb...
i delivered 2 kids 8 & 9 yrs ago (normal delivery no epi), same gynae, same hospital (both oso 2 bedder room)...that time v paid less than $1K (after medisave)
but for this round (mid-oct 2014) after so many yrs, everything increased....total i need to pay for gynae n hospital ard $5300-$5600, after deduct medisave own pocket need to pay ard $3300-$3600 le...

Wow~ that's a lot leh.. Maybe my gynae gonna charge me higher this time round? Haven't check with him leh...this time must ask him liao..

How much yr gynae charge u? Did he told u?

@angel_loi
wah u 'keng' wo, hv not chk with gynae yet?....:)
mmm...u din take d package r?....my gynae normal check up package is $700, means i no need pay for my regular visit + multivits supply (except blood test, etc)
yes, my gynae fees increased ard $1k and Mt A fees oso increased ard $1k after so many yrs....no choice le...

@Tiffanytei

Yes, I did take package with him for monthly check up. I paid $650 for the package including calciums & multi Vits. But I haven't check with him the charges for normal delivery.

Total yr gynae charge how much in hospital for this coming oct? $2k plus?

@angel_loi
mmmm....ur package is cheaper leh...$650, calcium + multivits...for me i still need to extra paid $20 for calcium...only multivits r included in d $700 package...
yeah i think my gynae will charge ard $2k plus for delivery service in hospital...
which gynae u r seeing?...mind to share?..:)

Hello mummies, I'm a first time mom. My edd is on 7 Oct and will be delivering at Mt Alvernia. I'm hoping to go for normal delivery without epidural.

Will I be given any anaesthetic at the vagina area for tearing? Is the pain bearable? As I've heard some gynaes would cut the vagina during delivery.

TIA! :)

@Tiffanytei

No problem to share at all cz he's really a nice gynae. Very patient & no rush to every of his patient. We talked v well till like friends.. Most of my friends goes to him even those not pregnant. My gynae is Dr James Lee located at Blk177 Toa Payoh & another clinic at Mt. Elizabeth.

@Tiffanytei

I just checked my 2011 bill. I realized there was 3 doc charged on my bill. My gynae is ard $1500, 2nd doc at $400 & 3rd doc at $214. So, total up for doctor charges is $2100 plus. I'm not sure is it bcz the pethidine & epidural is under other doc charges.

For all mummies who have choose Mt. Alvernia.. This is the latest hospital charges. By the way, any mummies sign for Mt. Alvernia ladies card?

ImageUploadedByForum1406016037.500605.jpg

@Tiffanytei

No problem to share at all cz he's really a nice gynae. Very patient & no rush to every of his patient. We talked v well till like friends.. Most of my friends goes to him even those not pregnant. My gynae is Dr James Lee located at Blk177 Toa Payoh & another clinic at Mt. Elizabeth.
@angel_loi
ur gynae dun hv clinic at Mt A but u can choose to deliver in Mt A?...

Verine22, so your hubby help u cut nails? my manicurist say its safe to even do gel after 5th month.

Ok. since so many mommies advise..i shant color my hair ..maybe cut the lighter shade away. Every day see myself in mirror feel super ugly lor.. sighz.

Baobei, frankly my experience with epi not that good as i'm not a person with high thrashold of pain. So once the contraction starts, i ask for epi.. then i got side effect like vomitting, shivering & numbness. so i can't push bb when the midwives ask me to. But the only good thing is.. i dont feel pain lah.. lol. bb came out after 10 hrs. Maybe the dosage they gave me is too high..
@leoclub, thanks. I hope I can endure the pain so I don't need epidural. but then will have to access the situation on the day itself.

Back