(2014/04) April 2014

MummyOO..

My EDD is also 18th Apr... saw my gynae last week and heard the heartbeat.
My gynae was saying they just changed the ultrasound machine so can hear the heartbeat even at 5-6weeks. Previously, only at about 11 weeks.
I also loved going for the baby fairs loh...... and previously was addicted to buying of strollers... *arrggh*

Loved ice coffee but trying to cut down... cos was told caffeine reduce the absorption of calcium
Best part is I cannot take milk in its pure form like those fresh milk/packet milk and worse, powdered milk.....
only replace the calcium through occassional yoghurt and other forms......
was given calcium supplements for number 1 and now this one too.
my number 1 had his first teeth at about 11 months onwards... really scared me sia... wonder if it's due to my calcium level :p

MummyOO..

My EDD is also 18th Apr... saw my gynae last week and heard the heartbeat.
My gynae was saying they just changed the ultrasound machine so can hear the heartbeat even at 5-6weeks. Previously, only at about 11 weeks.
I also loved going for the baby fairs loh...... and previously was addicted to buying of strollers... *arrggh*

Loved ice coffee but trying to cut down... cos was told caffeine reduce the absorption of calcium
Best part is I cannot take milk in its pure form like those fresh milk/packet milk and worse, powdered milk.....
only replace the calcium through occassional yoghurt and other forms......
was given calcium supplements for number 1 and now this one too.
my number 1 had his first teeth at about 11 months onwards... really scared me sia... wonder if it's due to my calcium level :p

1st teeth at 11mths is quite normal . I've heard of teeth sprouting at 3 mths old, thats really scary to latch.

I like to read up on strollers reviews, watching their demo on you-tube. But I really hate to buy strollers in SG, so exp! As for car seats, I just use my ESSO card and redeem for one. That's how cheapo I am. For milk powder , I just get from a provision shop at Teck Whye, cheaper than Kim Sang. I heard from my friend sometimes qoo10 have diapers on sale.

Wow teng2, stroller addiction. So what's ur best buy so far? I really love bugaboo bee but the lack of safety bar and short sun shade is holding me back and of cos, price. I have a combi miracle turn now. No complains but feel like getting a bigger one with travel system. Those compatible with maxi-cosi carseat. Haha, alamak, think now still early to talk about strollers.

Limlim : U mean got milk powder cheaper than Kim Sang?? Are u refering to the online "luvbabies" website?? I thot is already v cheap liao.. I have been buying from them all along... cosi always buy in bulk...

Wow teng2, stroller addiction. So what's ur best buy so far? I really love bugaboo bee but the lack of safety bar and short sun shade is holding me back and of cos, price. I have a combi miracle turn now. No complains but feel like getting a bigger one with travel system. Those compatible with maxi-cosi carseat. Haha, alamak, think now still early to talk about strollers.

So far I've seen maxi cosi on Quinny and Stokke, not sure about the rest. I've 2 peg perego , 1 in car the other one for travelling. But I backside itchy, feel like buying another one .

Limlim : U mean got milk powder cheaper than Kim Sang?? Are u refering to the online "luvbabies" website?? I thot is already v cheap liao.. I have been buying from them all along... cosi always buy in bulk...

The provision shop about 2 bucks cheaper only. Luvbabies deliver to you, so it's about the same. Unless you stay near Teck Whye?

I used to order from kimsang (luvbabies). My boy taking enfa and getting more & more expensive lo!

princess31 & ladydee going for VBAC?
My boy I went for emergency csect. Never thot I will go for csect option lor...
I've keloids on my wounds. :(
So I thot of going csect again so can rid the keloids.
I did ask my Gynae if #2 still going for csect?
He said got to see how this #2 grow.

teng2, haha so qiao same EDD as of now :) Anyway the date will change de.
I only have 1 stroller - combi.
Haha why so addicted buying stroller ^^

elliuzion, your boy turing 3 in oct. Were you in Oct 2010 thread before?

limlim: $2 a lot of difference leh when you buy in bulk! Haha! Bugaboo is also maxi-cosi compatible. Just now lunch I go walk around mothercare and see. I saw baby jogger city select can be made into double stroller. I searched a bit and I think now I'm in love with it! Haha! Think tell my hubby he will roll eyes at me and don't think price will be cheap with all the add-ons.

MummyOO: Yea, wanna try VBAC. Always my regret that I cannot experience natural birth. Hur hur. I cried when I was told I have to go for e csect. I also have keloids but I was told I have "lousy" skin recovery before, some problems with my skin recovery thus I take longer to recover than the norm. Think it will go away after sometime bah, just dunno how long. What's ur reason for #1 csect? I also have to see how #2 grow. If still too big like #1 then will be csect again lor.

limlim: $2 a lot of difference leh when you buy in bulk! Haha! Bugaboo is also maxi-cosi compatible. Just now lunch I go walk around mothercare and see. I saw baby jogger city select can be made into double stroller. I searched a bit and I think now I'm in love with it! Haha! Think tell my hubby he will roll eyes at me and don't think price will be cheap with all the add-ons.

MummyOO: Yea, wanna try VBAC. Always my regret that I cannot experience natural birth. Hur hur. I cried when I was told I have to go for e csect. I also have keloids but I was told I have "lousy" skin recovery before, some problems with my skin recovery thus I take longer to recover than the norm. Think it will go away after sometime bah, just dunno how long. What's ur reason for #1 csect? I also have to see how #2 grow. If still too big like #1 then will be csect again lor.

The city select twin stroller is the pne that can do a lot of combi right? Face each other, or face away...the only downside is the size. But if your HB is the one doing all the carrying in and out of car, then no prob. Also gotta consider can navigate around the aisle in supermarket and departmental stores.

ladydee,
My waterbag burst by itself on wk 37, I've got Group B Strep Infection (Vaginal bacteria)
Already know when I did a swab test after I complained on more discharge on wk 30.
So Gynae said during delivery will need to administer antibiotics and shouldn't have any risk on bb.

However my dear boy wanna come out early, so if induce got waiting time scare he will be infected so bo bian at the last min decided went for csect! I cried also! I don't wan csect but looked like no choice.

Think keloid hard to go away itself.

hi mummies.. i am from may 13 mummy.. just to share something over here. hoping that it can benefit you all. Congrats on your bfp and bundle of joy!! and i suppose many would like to bf your precious ones. ;) just to share my story abt bfing and how i gt my supply literally boost up. I gave birth on apr 28 2013. my baby girl doesnt like to latch and she is quite an impatience person. so not being able to supply her with initial colostrum /milk, i gt really very gan chiong and upset, fearing that my supply wont be able to meet her daily needs. On third day after i discharge from hospital, my combined milk was only 20 ml. that was really pathetic.. so one of my forum mummy intro me super chlorophyll powder, this is to be mixed with any beverages and taste tasteless.. slowly my supply did increase. i am still drinking the super chlorophyll till now and still wielding 300 - 400ml per pump. I am really happy that i am able to buffet milk my girl. So mummies, if you are keen on the chlorophyll, you can wa me at 90258843. Its really a good supplement with many benefits at affordable price. :)

limlim: Yes, the one that can do a lot of combi! Think aisle should not be a problem since it's up-down seating instead of side by side. Ya, downside is the weight!

MummyOO: I see. Guess yours is really no choice.

One of my Mar mummies explain to me a side by side is better than front/back combi. When the siblings get older , they can interact with each other, share snacks , talk to each other. But with front/back, there's no interaction at all. One of them also change to a side by side after having a front/back cos after she fold takes up a lot of space .

Elliuzion : *high five* ..heheee my #1 also 5yo this yr... #2 coming to 4yo in dec.. This is my #3 too.. YOu have 2 boys, i have 2 gals.. So u wanna a gal gal?? hehee.. If can i wanna a boy boy.. Cos cfm closing shop after this liao... BUt bb healthy is more impt of course.. :)

yeah!! hoping sooo hard for a girl but i dun dare to pin any hope actually. I am afraid of disappointment. This baby is an accident actually. but we are still very happy about it. Big korkor is sooo anticipating for a little sister too.

I used to order from kimsang (luvbabies). My boy taking enfa and getting more & more expensive lo!

princess31 & ladydee going for VBAC?
My boy I went for emergency csect. Never thot I will go for csect option lor...
I've keloids on my wounds. :(
So I thot of going csect again so can rid the keloids.
I did ask my Gynae if #2 still going for csect?
He said got to see how this #2 grow.

teng2, haha so qiao same EDD as of now :) Anyway the date will change de.
I only have 1 stroller - combi.
Haha why so addicted buying stroller ^^

elliuzion, your boy turing 3 in oct. Were you in Oct 2010 thread before?

Haha!! Sad to say, nope. He was suppose to be a Nov baby. So i was with the Nov mummy. both my boys are premie. :)

elliuzion, icic....same case like me ^^

Thanks Shirvin for sharing.
During my #1, I struggled with my milk supply too.
I took fenugreek to boost milk supply for a while.
After that I just give whatever I've. Not enuff I supplement with FM :)
BF my #1 for 6 mths only. Hope I can bf longer for #2.

Hi mommies and mommies-to-be,
Is anyone looking for confinement nanny? Extremely reliable & trustworthy. She took very great care of me and my little baby, my first CN was the popular Siew Ling Jie, which I thought was a very good already.. Now my current nanny is even better! :) I am a fussy mommy and yet she can satisfy most of my expectation. I can tell she is very passionate in taking care of babies. She will talk/sing/ to them even tho she can go and rest.. Impressed she can take care of me, baby, cook, clean, feed at the same time. We all "blossomed" from her delicious cooking. Either my super fussy elder boy also gained significant weight! My hubby also keep praising her cooking. She is so good that I engaged her for 2 months :) So helping her to find her next job :) PM me if interested! :)

Hello and congrats to all MTB!

I'm expecting my 1st baby and is currently 9 weeks! EDD Is 12/04.

Please add to the FB group. My email is [email protected]. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from u guys soon :)

Mummy00 - yup! Keeping my fingers crossed for VBAC....wish me and ladydee luck! Are u thinking of trying too?

Ladydee - any thoughts on engaging a midwife/doula for labour support, and attending hypnobirthing classes etc? I'm gonna need all the support I can get!

@MummyOO, Limlim and Ladydee - i have not started looking around for strollers and baby stuff yet. How much will a twin stroller cost (estimated)? i know some of my friends buy during those baby warehouse sales or fairs so the price is cheaper.

@MummyOO- i also got keloid after my lapascropy surgery :(

Morning all mummies & mtb!

princess31, I thot of VBAC too. But not sure if ok. See what Gynae said.
glitterystar, What happened to you doing a lapascropic surgery? Not sure how much twin stroller cost. must ask the experts.

@MummyOO, Limlim and Ladydee - i have not started looking around for strollers and baby stuff yet. How much will a twin stroller cost (estimated)? i know some of my friends buy during those baby warehouse sales or fairs so the price is cheaper.

@MummyOO- i also got keloid after my lapascropy surgery :(

I heard from my fren using the mclaren twin stroller. She got it on sale abt 500+. Very useful when she travel and can go up the escalator but if you use front / back twin stroller..... sure must use lift.

Princess31: Wah, I never thought of midwife or doula leh. Hynobirthing? Sounds interesting. You going? Can let me know, maybe can go together.

glitterystar: Yup, think at fairs strollers will be cheaper. Actually I haven't done much research on strollers as well.

BTW, who's the admin for the fb group? I have not been added yet leh....

Morning all mummies & mtb!

princess31, I thot of VBAC too. But not sure if ok. See what Gynae said.
glitterystar, What happened to you doing a lapascropic surgery? Not sure how much twin stroller cost. must ask the experts.

i had endometriosis and i undergone the lapascropic surgery to remove it. Now i have 2 keloid scars on the 2 sides of my pelvic area. So sad T_T

Hello mummies. May i check when you break the pregnancy news to your boss? I dont know when i should tell my male bosses.... haiz..

I haven let anyone know. I will do it after 1st trimester. My #1 time was just nice it was appraisal period so I let my boss know when we're having our 1-to-1.

hmm...so far only one of my colleague aka buddy know nia.... but my tummy is showing somehow.. i still got another 4 more weeks to go... this week is my 8w.. i have been repeatedly wearing the same dress as to hide my tummy.. cos flair dress can hide it..

hey hey.. how u all add in the baby ticker?? hehee.
you can get the ticker from thebump.com or lilypie.com. Customise the image and generate the code. Paste the code on the "signature" when you mouse over your profile. Hope it helps. Shout if you have more questions :)

I haven let anyone know. I will do it after 1st trimester. My #1 time was just nice it was appraisal period so I let my boss know when we're having our 1-to-1.
What was your boss reactions? is he or she boss? Singaporean or foreigner? mine is a male foreigner. Haiz. Sianz.

Hi glitterstar, do we add the html code under signature or...? can you specify where to add the code? Many thanks

Yippy, i just successfully gottten the ticker. For those that are interested, please select code under "PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode" in the respective website of ticker, such as lilypie.

glitterystar, as long as your hubby don't mind the keloids and no one will see that. Ever thought of removing them?
I told my lady boss when I've spotting that time that I need to go see my Gynae. She's the 1st to know in office.

blur02, I feel uncomfy when wearing my normal pants/skirt. Ya tum tum look bloaty. I love wearing leggings... must get more liao.

Glitterystar: female singaporean. She was very excited. Haha....cos she was ttc-ing then too. But she quit le. And now my project is busy and my portion, i'm one man show. So dunno how my colleagues and big big boss will take it plus I just finish clearing my ML and going to take again.

MummyOO - yes i want to remove them but probably after giving birth... i had the lapascropy shortly before getting pregnant... can keloids be removed permanently? or will it resurface after a while?

Ladydee - i guess lady bosses may be more understanding. Afterall, they are women too.... mine is india indian male boss.. haiz.

U all heard for preggy cannot do shoulder massage?
Why huh? My shoulder is aching like hell lo! >.<

Cannot meh? I just did my shoulder massage. I just know cannot do foot reflexology . I just tell them dont touch my lower back.

limlim, ya usually when preggy, my beautician will nv do shoulder massage.
I've ucozy at home also dare not use.

Facial wise is cannot do certain facials that uses machines that emits waves. So when I told my beautician that I'm preg, she immediately tell me cannot do most left 2 -3 kinds that I can choose from so I chose that one that have lotsa shoulder massage . I always end up snoring after doing that facial. Lolzz

hi Mummies, I have been trying to ask my hubby for 2nd child... However , my hubby is not supportive. Firstly, he does not have a happy childhood. Secondly, he finds it financially, physically and mentally drained with a child.
What can I do ???? I have trying means to convince him. ... But no point.... He is only agreeable if we strike toto!!! Clueless on how to fulfil my goals as I am already 32 this year... I don't want to wait until I am old then he start to ask me for another child.
Did anyone has the same situation as me?????

limlim, aiyo so shiok like that. I know cannot use machine type of facial. But mine totally skip shoulder massage.
Maybe I shd go for pre natal massage after this 1st trimester!

hi Ladies, i have chronic backache. In the past, i'd pop painkillers. Now, I have Hubby help me stick the medicated plaster on my back. Is this alright eh?

Also, may i know what kind of face care regime you stick by nowadays? I only use Avene Toner & sometimes SK-II FTE and that's it. Anyone did checks on which products are safe to use?

Welcome mikiko! Of course you're welcome to join us!

Orangedustee: I think those medicated plaster cannot use leh. If you read behind, think it says not to be used during pregnancy. Normal panadol is fine during pregnancy but not extra. Some avoid skin care products with salicylic acid but I know a lot of products have them. I still use my normal facial product as I read that application on the face is fine as long as it's not ingestion. Speaking of ingestion, I cannot take my fancl tense up anymore and I still have 2 boxes left which expire beginning next yr.

Everyone remembered their folic acid today? :)

hi Ladies, i have chronic backache. In the past, i'd pop painkillers. Now, I have Hubby help me stick the medicated plaster on my back. Is this alright eh?

Also, may i know what kind of face care regime you stick by nowadays? I only use Avene Toner & sometimes SK-II FTE and that's it. Anyone did checks on which products are safe to use?

There's only 3 things you can do to relieve backache during preg I think. One prenatal massage , two pre natal yoga and lastly aquarobics. Massage is just temporary relief , it's more important to build up your back and legs cos of all the extra weight you will be carrying . That's what the pre natal yoga teacher told me the last time. Heh.

Back