(2014/02) February 2014

Luvbabymarket, yah u need ppl ard u to be v supportive of this method. My hubby was v supportive of this cos to him, his own sleep is very important. only this way then can build a routine and ensure we get sufficient rest ourselves. Baby also get more sleep. My mum on the other hand will say we child abuse. Haha. And we will drive her out when she try to interfere during the "training". But shortly after she leaves, he also stop crying and go to sleep.

I had csection. Pop painkiller then not much pain lor. But will still not dare move too much cos scared stitches come out.

Jyjy, understand your sianness cos I also. Went for interview and accepted without knowing preggie. Then too late already. Never expected this to happen to me. I also psycho my hubby to be prepared if I don't work anymore. I did tell my new co beforehand tho cos if they really discriminate, then I also don't wanna start with them. They are ok so far thankfully.

So now I'm more concerned about my health condition for work cos was very very weak few weeks ago impossible to work. Hopefully things will work out smoothly.

hi all,.. just to check any one did oscar test? and how much does it cost? i went to see my gynea yst and she told me that my edd forward to 5 feb and might be 1 week earlier to delivery.
Any has engage CL already?

mmm...my DS is turning 3 next mth n he is still sleeping with me on a queen bed. i think v hard to train him to sleep on his own at this stage liao. he doesnt even want to sleep with daddy...only wants me >_<

think i will train #2 instead. LOL easier to start from birth. then when successful with #2, then i will tell #1 he must sleep in the room with his didi/meimei to protect them. then hopefully tt will train him to sleep on his own too.

jy_jy: ur mgr siao one...noone is willing to work OT everyday till 10pm, with or without a family n kids lor. what happen to work-life balance and own time to R&amp;R.

She can work OT everyday all she like but if my boss expects me to do the same, I will tell him/her tt I do have other commitments beside work and I am ok working the occasional OT but everyday is overboard.

Beeks, Ya I won't let them sleep together. ESP #1 go cc will fall sick. Must separate them. But I think younger bb need more care hence we choose this. Now thinking of confinement how. Cuz I want to try to latch the night feeds

hi yizhen, i have engaged CL.
where r you doing the oscar test?
im doing mine next wednesday at doc's clinic. not sure of charges yet..

beeks> Just to check, what about night feedings? After the baby sleep then you guys go off, but when feeding time (maybe baby cry), you guys will wake up the feed the baby ?

crystall> I have the same thoughts as you. I think is easier to train the #2 and they should adapt faster too.

Lefaithful, my CL slept in same room as my baby separate from us. Then for night feed she will bring baby in to my room.

Pearl, yah will wake up go over to feed. But by 3months+ actually no more night feeds.

Beeks how much is ur CL? n when is ur edd?
yeah EDD can change from time to time but wont be so frequent but in the 1st trimester will change due to the baby size.
but for my #1 is all the way same edd n due date also on the edd.

vee, i'll do at rafless hospital as my gynea only available there.

Vee, nice to know that both sets of parents are so concern towards your well being.

Beeks. You've such a wonderful CL. The rate she's charging u is not too high to take advantage of cny too.

I would like to be more hands on with my bb so I guess bathing, changing etc will be done by me cos i saw my sis did it for her kids and i find the experience to be 'magical'. you know, the finally holding your new baby after carrying for 9months in the womb. I don't think I'm willing to share that experience with anyone else esp a stranger. I'm not so concern with touching water as long as its warm water cos I'll be bathing too. Don't think I want to bother with the boiling of herbs for the bath that my mum did for my sis during her first preggie. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic in my ability to handle stuff after delivery but I hope that with the prenatal classes and lots of advice from the mtbs here, I'll be able to take care of my bb independently. Of course, I'm keeping my fingers cross that I'll have an easy to take care bb. Sleep, cry and poop with enough rest in between for mummy :)

Beeks &amp; crystal, I hint to her when she ask me in just now. Told her It's very tiring to do OT everyday alrdy &amp; if I need to do late nite OT everyday I will surrender. Told her its impt to get a replacement soon as the workload is too much even for 2 so she has to find a replacement.
If she dun get it den guess I juz hv to resign as well if she demand me to work late nites. I think doing 1-2hr daily is already my max &amp; I think it's fair &amp; I shdnt be doing so actually as I was not inform during interview tat OT is so much.
Guess if she is still not satisfied den not worth to work long too. Beeks u r so lucky tat yr new boss is positive to yr preg. Hope my mgr will be as positive as yr boss

Blushblush,
You definitely can! I did exactly what you described during no 1 and everything hands on. Only thing I didn't do was cook cos I ordered natal essentials. You will be amazed how our bodies will adapt to having a baby. Will not be hiring a CL for no 2 too cos I don't follow any confinement rules and wanna try my best to breasfeed. Of course, my in laws made noise abt me bathing washing hair etc, eating fruits that I will suffer in old age. But I just turned a deaf eat and ignore. So depends on your individual beliefs. Luckily my hubby is supportive of me. I see my in mil, claimed to have followed the rules but now still here n there ache everywhere..

Sunshinebb, my tummy is also very big for a 8wk+. Very bloated. I'm starting to wear maternity bottoms already more comfortable.

Jyjy, don't worry too much. U are in right direction in being upfront with her. She can fly kite if she wants u to OT so much. I even think 1-2h daily is very shack already for first trimester. Remember to put your health first and stay positive!

my tummy is popping out too.

blushblush, glad they sayang me but money comes from my pocket.. not theirs. :/
but nvm la, as long as they give me some peace. :x

Luvbabymarket &amp; Julia. Thank you very much for the encouragements. I'm also just ordering confinement food and just to have warm water for drinking/bathing. Won't be following too many confinement rules too. Both of u are so right that the old people are suffering from aches after supposedly following the dos n don'ts. My cousin married an ang mo and she didn't follow too. She said they also survived til old age same as Chinese. Lol.

vee! i also had the bump already.. coz before this i already got a rather obvious tummy.. not in 8wk+ the tummy looks bigger =x

hello mummies, anyone got CL to recommend?

ill be stranded after i give birth.. no one to look after for me.. tink i need to get a CL first then decide between infant care and getting a full time domestic helper..

Mummy mode, think there were some recommendations in the thread on CL.

In addition to IFC and FTDW, u can also consider nanny. It worked better for me compared to IFC. FTDW to take care is out of question for me, heh.

Thanks all. I went gynae in the morning to ensure everything is ok,was given mc to bedrest for today and tomorrow, also start taking Duphaston

Thanks beeks!
Yes its really tiring for 1st trim to do ot daily but no choice cos i dun wan DH to be overstress with $. however if it affects my health or ive to do late nites ot i will resign. I nvr take mc even after my progestrone jab during last week lunch
sad.gif
. but i did try to avoid walking too much. I will stay positive &amp; I'm thankful for having this bb esp after 2yrs TTC &amp; drinking mths of yucky tcm med. I will take things as it goes. Thanks for yr encouragement
happy.gif

Eunice, how many times a day do you take duphaston? Seems like v common now leh. Last time I never hear of it before. I wonder if it's causing me tiredness. I'm gonna see gynae tmr.

Eunice, sounded like me few weeks ago when I was v weak. Must rest and eat nutritious food to build up health.

Anyone interested in prenatal yoga? I'm wondering whether to do it this time to be fitter...

Duphaston has all the terrible side effects. Tiredness, nauseousness... But Gynaes always claim no no side effects. I supposed to take thrice a day but I cheat And only take once before I sleep. Already so tired!!! I got no spotting but Gynae juz wanna be super kiasu with me due to previous mc. Zzz.. But I just tell myself Jesus is my progesterone
happy.gif

As for CL, this time I'm getting one cos I was too hands on last childbirth that I got phobia of having another kid. Gal is already 4plus! Parents helped two wks each to cook but I still gotta bathe the bb and wash clothes. So tired. N sore nipples n all I was totally depressed. And I tink we should really build our body bk to health! Focus on bf-ing, resting and slimming down. Haha.

And yes, my skin also stretched for this no2. So obvious tummy. A bit paiseh only eight wks. Hahaha

A lot of super mums here! But not me haha i let cl do everything. Even with cl I oredi v tired. Plus my parents r super strict. They want me to adhere to those rules completely.

Like vee, wanna give my ears some peace. I've cheated on some but juz dun tell them else they will nag me for the rest of my living life.

Jacquise progesterone Oso has the above side effects but my gynae told me abt it. Juz tat I dun expect it to be soooo bad.

Jy I support u! Dun exceed ur 1-2 hr ot limit. N do alternate or less. She juz trying to push her luck. If she not happy then she alone do ot till 2am n clear 2 person shit lor lol. Ur health n bb most impt!

Beeks update us ur scan today!

Thanks is-Elle! I will be firm &amp; I think 1-2hrs OT daily is alrdy very nice to her. She's really insane to think I will be so stupid to work late nite OT for her. Unless she tell me upfront during interview tat OT is so excessive &amp; I agree den its my fault. Moreover, my new co is a lost making co tat dun pay VB with super messy set up &amp; frequent OT. I guess not many will stay long if late nite FOC OT is a must with no VB. Honestly speaking if she manage her time properly &amp; dun be so lazy our OT wun be so excessive. If she think she can draw manager salary &amp; expect her subordinates to do her work guess she beta see how long she can substain

Just back from gynae. My edd is brought forward and confirmed 19 Feb. Makes me 9wk3d and happier that end of first tri is nearer now! Saw heartbeat and baby is growing well. Yeah!

beeks: i'm also pondering about prenatal yoga.. wondering if it would help everything to be smoother. Original EDD too late? Based on scan?

Jan, mu original EDDs based on last menstrual period and early scans indicated later EDD. I couldn't recall my LMP accurately also actually.

Good to hear tat beeks!

Happy tat mums r ending their 1st tri, meaning mine will come too. Feeling all the joy here makes me feel more positive n less miserable when I've bad ms!

Better to consult ur gynae if u r suited for prenatal yoga. I tink in my case I can't.

Seems wkend thread is v quiet, guess all mummies having power naps n hope all r resting well
happy.gif

I'm interested with prenatal exercise too
happy.gif
But I heard its only suitable from 2nd trim onwards &amp; its best to consult our gynae b4 starting cos everyone body is diff. But it will be nice if we can organize a prenatal class with mtb in this room as we hv more things in common to chat
happy.gif

I'm trying to sleep more in the weekend to recharge myself b4 tml. I guess #2 mtb r bz with their #1 even during the wkends.
Any organizer in our room for prenatal exercise group do keep me informed
happy.gif

I'm thinking of starting prenatal yoga from week 15 onwards. So far I see from online the weekend schedules mostly start at 11am. Yah will be interesting to attend together if can.

Went to gynae on sat. Found a small collection of blood near womb. Today spotting more. Mc got extended by another week. Hopefully spotting will stop soon!

Hi mummies, gosh just spent my whole morning calling up to look for CL.. Got rejected by soo many cos too near CNY.. Either already booked or some choose not to work during CNY cos they are away from their families most of the time during the rest of the year...

My EDD is 11 feb.. From what I've been reading up on, usually we will deliver 1-2 weeks in advance am I right? Should I be telling the CL 11 feb or give her a date 1-2 weeks ahead of EDD? I'm just worried at that time, they don't turn up...

Mummy mode, tell her the EDD. They normally very experienced also will know may be earlier one and is unpredictable. You could also ask her, what if actual delivery turn out to be 1-2weeks earlier.

Mummymode, alternatively get yr mum to help up the 1st few days if u really give birth earlier than 3 Feb. guess she should be ok for just a few days. Hope this helps!

Lefaithful, hope u r feeling beta today. Rest well &amp; be positive. Positive attract good circumstances. U r in gd hands by yr gynae dun worry. Jiayou~

hi morning all mtbs, how everyone today?

Lefaithful, how r u? better now? have more bed rest.

taking half day leave cos later afternoon got gyne appt. hope little beanie doing well inside.

mummymode, agreed with jy jy, maybe can ask your mum or MIL if possible to help out 1st? as for #1 it really depend cos during my time i also hear alot ppl said 1st bb will pop abt 2weeks earlier so i took ML 2weeks ahead but bb was so comfortable inside n he is 4days past EDD.

Back