(2013/12) December 2013

It's really difficult to distinguish a good CL. It's really dependent on luck. Hopefully all of us get good CL.

Faithe I'm interested in prenatal yoga. In fact I'm ok with trying out prenatal Pilates too.

Hi mummies

Sorry to disturb..

I'm letting go my 100% Authentic LV Neverfull MM size, this size is good to be a diaper bag.
Bought from Paris LV boutique, used once only and still in excellent condition.

Selling $800, comes with original receipt, dust bag, box and paper bag.
Let me know if keen, tks.

Hi mummies, just went for my first trimester screening. Some called it Oscar. Fetal scan is fine. Can see bb so active jumping around. So nice and happy. However when combined with blood test results, the hcg was alright. Just that the pppa-a blood test considered low at 0.4. Thus it puts me at higher risk of 1:114. A bit worried. We hv decided to go for amnio at 16 weeks. Hopefully I can tahan these few weeks till jul 22. Anyone of you had done this?

* Used once NUK wide neck bottle (150ml) - $5

* BNIB Honey clear bottle Avent bottles ( 1 is 125ml and 2 bottles are 260ml) = $35

* Lightly used Avent digital warmer (Used less than a month) - $ 30

* Lamaz activity mat (Lightly used) - $20

* 1 bottle of Brand new Goldminds DHA - $30

* Pink color rocker (the one with tinny holes) - $10 . With additonal cover (FOC)
Condition: 10/10 cos hardly use

Email me at [email protected]
contact nos: 9115 7111

Hi hopes 16 & iamnewmummy, i stay in jurong west,near pioneer mrt...i also not sure where has these lessons..so i guess i shall search the net to find out more..will share the news with you gals

Nidellia, dun worry too much abt the ratio,according to some, oscar is not that accurate, my frd had also did amnio...she has just given birth to a healthy bb boy at age 41
happy.gif
so be positive n ganbatte!

Thanks faithe! My friends also asked me to amnio test too. Oscar more of probability. But its really amazing to see bb on screen kicking legs, hands waving, body jerking around. Sonographer has to nudge bb at times to get bb change position n order to get a better pic. She says bb active.

Sorry momma3kids (momma_3) and mummy ting, I realise I have not replied to you so sorry.

mummy ting, I also don't wish to spend on clothes, hoping to find some loose clothes which I can still wear after popping.

momma3kids (momma_3) that's what the CL told me.

Actually other then the MS I don't feel very pregnant yet, maybe cuz don't feel the baby in me yet =p does any of you have the same feeling as me?

Hi Cher, from what i know, SGH doesn't have antenatal packages leh. Pay per consultation and scan lor. That's what i did for my #1 as well. But i feel the price is still reasonable for a senior consultant. So sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage. Hope that this pregnancy is going on well and everything will go smoothly all the way!
happy.gif

I just went for a checkup on tues. Did an ultrasound scan and saw baby moving a little and even the tiny little heart beating away. So excited even though #2 already
happy.gif
im starting to worry now whether i can cope with 2 kids or not cos im a sahm or whether i am able to divide my love.. Need advice from mummies expecting #3 or more
happy.gif

Maternity clothes: really expensive and not worth it! Just get longer tops (those that are below our hips now) and rubber band skirts/pants or loose fitting dresses
happy.gif
just my 2cents worth.

Hi faithe,
Those herbs for soup and bath I bought before she is here.
So like herbs for bathing u know u will bath everyday do ask the medical shop to pack like 28 or 25 packets for you depending when you start the confinement.
If not enough, my mother or in law will go get it and if want they can follow.
Must understand that they are Malaysians and not familiar with our place so they should not go alone la.

Actually CL very difficult to know good or bad. Usually by recommendation lo. Mine is not 100% good also but still ok.

And faithe, I stay near too! I'm near to either Boon Lay mrt or lakeside!
happy.gif

Anyways mothers, the PSI is 321 now. Please take care and wear a mask if possible. I'm like suffocating every time I step out. Eeks!

Nidellia, dun worry too much 1st.. think oscar accuracy is abt 80+% only, amnio test abt 90+%.. my sil did amnio for 3 out of her 4 kids, cos think her 2nd, 3rd n nw 4th pregnancy r when she's 30, 36 n 39 yo respectively.. 2nd n 3rd kids all ok, 4th shes still waiting for the report.. juz fyi, her gynae put her on a course of antibiotics n duphaston this time round, most prob is to reduce risk of infection n miscarriage cos of her age nw.. stay positive!

Faithe, I used to stay near pioneer mrt b4 I got married last yr too!
happy.gif

Iamnewmummy, its ok.. sometimes the thread moves fast n its easy to overlook.. actually I also dun feel pregnant most of the times, other than tummy getting rounder, bra is tighter than last time n occasional backaches.. sometimes I worry whether bb is alrite in there anot..

Bernice, any recommendations where to find cheap n gd bottoms with elastic bands?

Winny, ya the psi is getting crazy! At 1st I tot muz b typo error la, how cn it jump fr 190 to 290 to 321 like so fast! Was hoping govt will declare it public holiday for the next 2 days
sad.gif

Yes the haze Is horrible!

Does anyone of u use bio oil for stretch mark? I use it and I got red spots over my tummy. Does that happen to any of u?

Hihi,
I'm a first time mummy. Here's my details:
Edd: 27 Dec
Dr Benjamin Tham
TMC

Pls add me to facebook: debytan(at)yahoo.com.sg. Thank u.

Hi faithe, I'm interested in the prenatal yoga too.

Hi iamnewmummy, I just started using bio oil yesterday and have no prob with it. I hvnt reach 2nd trimester yet but I just start to use it cos tummy this few days begin to be itchy, duno y, so I decide to try it first. But I only apply a thin layer. Maybe u put too much?

iamnewmummy: Yup. I'm using bio oil actively now but I do not have red spots over the tummy. Are the red spots itchy? I guess your skin maybe sensitive to one of the ingredient. You may want to stop using it or try apply some where to see if the conditions persists.

Ladies: I just completed my OSCAR and was told low probability too!!
happy.gif
My gynae arranged a 20th Week Oscar appt for me. Any idea what is the purpose of the 20th week OSCAR?? Checking the same thing?

Deby: Like u, a 1st time mummy and same gynae Benjamin Tham. Welcome to the thread

Hi Faithe, we were staying near Pioneer Mrt previously before we shifted to our current place too.

i found this prenatal yoga at holland village, called Om Shiva Yoga. $30 per session, which lasts an hour each class. They have classes on Tuesdays from 7-8pm. Anyone keen to go together?

I just confirmed my CL ( after calling up a few, so stressful!), anyone can share what's the typical duration that the CL would be around for?

Iamnewmummy, ya agree with wimt, mayb u sensitive to the ingredients.. if its nt serious, u cn stop it 1st then u may wan to try again once its gone, if the red spots come back again then its probably better nt to use it anymore..

Wimt, 20th wk scan is also called detailed scan, think they lookout for other physical abnormalities..

Hopes16, im nt really a yoga person.. tried yoga cum pilates classes during my uni days but didn't like.. heard many mummies say prenatal yoga is gd.. so I dunno to try anot..

Faithe, ya the haze seems to b getting worse.. lets all try to stay indoors n drink lotsa water!

Hi mummyting! I usually hunt them at neighbourhood shops and departmental stores. Sometimes can find some rare gems at ntuc extra or giant haha! Just plain simple bottoms
happy.gif

Hi kris, thanks for sharing..i only start wearing mask ytd when go outdoor.

Hope16, holland looks quite ok..not so far..did they advise when we can start?as in how many wks gestation?

I m thinking to sign up antenatal programme w kkh..its so far but since alrdy a patient there...their course starts fr 16wk gestation...i opt for sat class so hubby can go together w mi..

Oh gosh Kris thanks for sharing the article sound scary. Is there any alternative work arrangement your company have for any of u? I haven't break the news to my boss yet and because of this stupid haze thing I'm contemplating if I should inform my boss today.

I don't know if I applied too much bio oil but the other areas which I applied does not have such problem
sad.gif

No alternative work arrangements.. Think best is we travel out to southern hemisphere for fresh air..

iamnewmummy: Me too. Haven tell my boss yet. Now there is plans for me to travel to Melaka for work.. Is the situation there better than SG?

Wanted to plan a holiday b4 i pop, but scared MIL will forbade us.. So i am thinking of using this Melaka trip to test her reaction.. Anyone of u planning for holiday before popping?

hi faithe, they recommended to join after first trimester.

hi wimt, we have planned a trip earlier this year to northern italy next month. I guess this must be the last long haul for us before bb arrives so we are going ahead. Unless, the MS still doesnt go away. gynae says second trimester is the best for travelling so dont waste it if you feel well enough.

Bernice, thanx! Think I'll cont with my hunts in the neighbourhood shops once the haze gets better!

Kris, thanx for the article!

Faithe, I also only started wearing n95 tdy cos my hubby's company gave out to the staffs n he brought hme 1 for me -_-lll

Iamnewmummy, im in pharmaceutical sales n yday my boss got approval for us to all go hme at 4pm cos haze in the aftnn was really bad. My big boss sent out an email to us saying that they'll cont to monitor the situation n advise accordingly, if its still at hazardous lvl, we'll b allowed to go back ofc to call our customers instead of running ard outside to meet them.. I feel for your case mayb u shd let your boss know, if he/she is the understanding type u might wan to request if u cn work fr hme..

Wimt, I dun think I'll b going for any hols b4 popping, cos I dun feel safe travelling during pregnancy.. worried that if any emergency I wont know where to get the fastest n nearest medical attention.. so I juz wanna play it safe..

Wah hopes16 I am so envious of you... plus you get fresh air there haha...

wimt I think Melaka's situation is better then ours, maybe you can check online to double confirm.

mummy_ting, your company is very good, employee welfare over profits =) I broke the news to my boss and he help to think about alternative work arrangement but due to the nature of the job, I cannot work from home =( hiaz hopefully everything is ok...

Hi Bernice,

Thanks for sharing... I thought so too.... Yes I have phobia when I go for my scans fearing I will not see the heartbeat but am much better now. Anyy I am looking forward to my 16th week visit next week
happy.gif

Delphine, the scans and consulatations at SGH are very reasonable so according to my gfs who took private packages, my cost wil be musch lesser than theirs

iamnewmummy,

I have using bio oil since I knew about my pregnancy, so far ok le.

The way I use it is to apply it straight after I shower so that the residual water can help to spread the oil over the body. That way I don't feel so oily and it gets absorbed much faster.

no problem mummies!

I was a little worried after reading this article.
n started wearing n95 mask!

pls take gd care of urself mummies!

Iamnewmummy, yup its fortunate that my bosses r understanding.. but I think walking fr my hse to the carpark to drive to ofc poses a problem to me, cos I wanna stay fully indoors
sad.gif
my ex-company they were all working fr hme already..

Tdy is 300+ again!!
sad.gif
Now i even resorted to wearing mask at home after reading the article shared by Kris coz there is no aircon in the common area.
sad.gif

Wanted to start putting up baby pictures/posters in my hse. Any idea where to get it??

I have a spare set of Avent electric breast pump SCF332/01 to let go.. $230
Retail selling at $309
Brand new with receipt date 21june 2013 and warranty 2 yrs.
PM me.

Mommies, my boobs have been so itchy. Anyone of you experienced the same?
This affects my sleep too.

Hi mummies!

How have all of you been? - Its crappy here. Haze is bad. The govt trying to cover up actual API readings.
sad.gif
So crappy! Hopefully it rains soon. *fingers crossed*

Hi Mommies,

Cordlife is having promotion for the whole month of June. Do PM me if you are looking for a referral. Each of us will get $150 shopping vouchers.

Thanks.

Hello Mommies!!

Please add me too!

EDD: 6 Jan 2014 (but we are aiming for a Dec BB...LOL!)
OB: Dr Kenneth E. Lee
Hospital: Mt Alvernia
Baby #: 2

Kindly add me in the FB group too! Thanks!
happy.gif

Winny, yup try apply some of your stretch mark cream on them, shd help..

AR, hope things r fine on your side! Try to hide indoors as much as possible ya..

Hi Chyi and A R, I did actually but it just doesn't work. I guess I have to buy other brands to try.
sad.gif

Winny: You can try Palmer's or Clarins brand. Review seems not bad

Ladies: Have all of you booked your CL? What is the rate that you book?? My CL quoted 2.5k and I have fren who book one at 2.2k for delivering at Dec. Wanted to know the market rate for Dec deliveries. Can you gals share?

Wint

From my research, it range from $1.8k to $2.5k.
I found 3 CL recommended by my friends who have used them. The Indo Chinese CL ($1.8k) is booked for 6 Jan 13, so this is out for me
sad.gif
Still trying to get hold of the other two CL which I heard they charged $2.4k and $2.5k.

I called 3 CLs before i managed to booked one. She is highly recommended and im paying 2.6k. Gosh, i think im paying too much but hopefully she's worth the money.

This CL thing is so stressful for mums to be, especially since our confinement would be ending near CNY and some people charge a premium for this.

Back