(2013/05) May 2013

Hi Mummies

would like to ask how many jabs has your bb already taken?and which jab will likely develop fever

my boy just taken 5-in-1 and pneumococcal vaccine 1st dosea together. developed fever for a day n then subside.
my elder girl didn't have fever so different bodies take it differently.

Hi z_phyr
so did you shave your bb hair then? my bb is also dropping hairs and she keeps scratching her head,i supposed her scalp is itchy.
be bringing her to shave the hair .any mummies has the same situation?

er... i think my hair drop not my bb. lol.. his hair grow quite slowly after shaving.
now i can see a pile of hair everytime i wash my hair think is the after giving birth hormones. as i am still bf, i cannot use those tonic so just gotta live with it for the time being.
anyone like me ?

Hi all! I didn't shave my girl's head hence dropping hair now. I'm also dropping hair, dropping like mad these few days, they are everywhere. It's normal to drop hair after pregnancy, after all my hair didn't drop much when I was expecting. :)

Azel Aiyo then you change the camera location or add to new location :D

Ital my bb use teat no. 2 now have tried no. 3 few times cannot the milk will flow out from his mouth so I stick to no. 2

Yea my boy also will fuss when gets tired... Now he is starting to get active would want to raise his head up when lying on bed... Next think he will learn to turnover :rolleyes:

hi tiny
same here.My bb use teat 2 also. Have try teat 3 but cannot.
seems like the milk flow a bit fast and will flow out from her mouth also. End up I have to go and buy teat 2 again.
I try to change the teat every 3 months for hygiene purpose. I also soak the steriliser with lemon juice every week if hardworking, otherwise every 2 week.
my bb also trying to turn now.:)

any babies here already taken 2nd jab of pneumococcal?

lovebaby: oh no, you bb refuse bottle again.. Anyway how often do you pump? I've been pumping evey 4-5 hrs now, I'm abit worry of the pumping when I go back to work next wed. :( my husband initially aso strongly disagree to hav a maid cos he does not wan to hav a stranger in the hse and all the horrible stories that he heard of maid from fren n colleague, but when he see that I can't copy wf two bb after the confinement (almost breakdown).. He knows tat we need help and maid is the best option (for our case) cos we r not planning to put bb in IFC. Mayb your husband is worry about the prob n he is fine wf the nanny?

Huaxia: lovebaby, I didn't do the taimaobi.. I did the umbilical cord stamp for both of them. It is up to individual ba..

Marc: hep b after one month old and 5-in-1 and pneumo during 3 month old. Both my bb have slight fever after the 5-in-1 and pneumo injection. For hair dropping, I may shave my bb hair if they start to drop badly cos dun wan patches patches.

Marmaladesg: I'm dropping tons of hair. Haiz *sob sob*.. Going to bald soon..

tiny123: can't change and up cameras now.. If not the maid may think tt we do not trust her.. So far she is ok, I dun wan her to b unhappy n do something unexpected. Bb boy is aso trying to turn too..

Ital: my bb will take the 2nd jab for pneumo next month.

@ Ital : My girl just had her 1st pneumococcal last month. Will be having her 2nd one this month end. I already changed to no.3 teat for her cause she gets frustrated as she wanted to drink fast, yet the flow is slow. So once I changed to no.3 , she happily drank and finished it up before I could even react. Hungry baby :D

Anyway, I am going for taimaobi as well. I actually emailed taimaobi when my girl is 3 weeks old. I am intending to bring her to cut botak at taimaobi and make it as a maobi as a remembrance souvenir or sort :)

Any of you ladies have bad experience with CL during confinement?

I suddenly thought of my CL at the other thread, suddenly got me boiling.
I sent her packing since 12th days. And she's not cheap at all. $2.6k for 28days.

Not experience enough still wanna get her job done. Even the pricing also so high. I keep trying to tolerate as there's no one to help me for confinement as my MIL has to work.
But still sent her off after 12days cause I can't take it anymore. I swear I would kill her if I still keep her with me. Almost got into depression and go insane :p

hi rou89
your confinement lady from which country? Malaysia or indo?
very exp for 28 days. Nowadays Malaysia one not very good feedbacks and expensive some more!
I am very lucky.My cl is my relative from indo.( my husband side)
she is very good. Take care of my bb,cook for us ,help us do households. Can speak teochew.
She has been a confinement lady for 10 plus years.
I extend her to 40 days to help me.

I am quite sad that have to bring my bb go cut botak.not nice liao.:(
but no choice cause she already drop hair.
ya.my bb also taking 2nd jab next week. Worried that jab will cause fever.

I also noticed that my bb nowadays like to suck her fingers .sometimes can whole hand go into the mouth !
because of that, I have to let her wear the mitten. The whole mitten can be wet lor!FAINT*
I have let her suck the pacifier ,but seems like her gum is itchy and she always want to bite things.
Any mummies has the same situation?

@Ital : no choice, cause my bb's hair dropped, and alot of patches patches, not nice at all. So decided to cut botak and grow all out straight.
I even tell my hubby say... " eh , our daughter's hair abit bu jun yun " (In chinese means like not balanced ) . He actually replied me , " where is nie feng? " (The chinese hero show =.=")

My CL is actually a Singaporean if i'm not wrong. Her son is her agent. They are not under any agency. It is intro to me by my friend. Whose hubby's friend's sister used her. (quite long link haha)
She is around 68 I think. Around there. My MIL called her Ah Ying or Ah Yim.

1st day she came, everything still ok.
At night, when she slept. My bb cried 1 sec. My CL sat up, then lied down went back to sleep again. I was like, oh???? But never mind.
2nd day, I was still sleeping in the morning. (I slept with air-con cause May-June confinement is HOTTTTT. I was sweating like hell and still needa drink dom before I sleep)
She went to bathe my bb girl around 7.30am in the morning. Came in to MY ROOM , not off-ing the air con. Taking off her towel and let her naked , barely dry body blow the air con!!
I didn't even know cause I'm too tired. I only woke up when I hear my girl sneeze !! (any single sound from my girl, I would jump awake.. guess that's mum lol...)
I saw her lying naked on her cot, with a little wet hair, and my CL was trying to put on her diapers.
I scolded the CL and asked her to at least wrap a towel over her top while putting on diapers and off the air-con.
But the CL said back to me, "never mind one la...."

I tolerate her and do it myself. Then I went to complain to my MIL. She's working so she can't help me with the confinement.
Then I started to notice things ... Stupid things that a loving CL would never do !!
Like, rushing to feed her even when she got choked, she never even take off the bottle to let my girl at least have a air or rest.. She just kept stuffing the milk bottle into my girl's mouth despite her cough.
That happened in the middle of the night. Which I think she assumed I'm sound asleep. Well I am.... Not until I heard my girl cough. So I opened my eyes, and I saw her still stuffing the milk bottle into my girl's mouth.. I woke up and scold her.. I said, "my bb already coughing n choking, you still stuff the milk bottle into her mouth?"
Then she faster take it off. And kept quiet. I guess she know she done wrong.

I keep trying to tolerate her because I can't find a CL at such last minute. But it became so tiring , having to keep my eye on her. I sent her packing on the 12th days.

Then my MIL realized she did not boil our drinking water. She merely just use tap water to fill up our water flask! I didn't drink the plain water because I was drinking red dates throughout... And when she found out, it was already quite some times.. Cause she told me she realized the drinking water taste a little funny.. But just don't know what went wrong.. Then after that, she realized it's tap water.. (didn't know why she realized it so late lol.. My hubby seldom drink plain water, so he don't know)
Then I got very mad .... Cause we always make milk using a little hot water and the drinking water..
Means all along we are all feeding my girl, tap water.. My MIL ask me not to confront my CL , as afraid she would do "things" behind my back, to my bb. So she threw the water and boiled new for the flask.

And also small things like , when my bb doesn't want to drink. My CL will use her hand to squeeze open her mouth to force her to drink.
When she burp my girl, which is only like days old. She never support her head. She just pat her back and let her head roll here n there.

Too many to name... Now typing all these, makes me go angry again..

hahah... So if mummies here have any friends or family wanna hire a CL named Ah ying or Ah yim, aged 68. She have a very boy hair and hip hop one, despite her age.
Please don't engage her. She might even kill your baby.

rou89,
your confinement is very terrible and horrible! I cannot tolerate such thing also.
i think she is too old to be a confinement lady. Usually at such age tend to be a bit blur to take care of bb and they will yi lao mai lao. (mean: thinks they are very experience)
My confinement lady is only late forties.
Things i cannot tahan is the bathing and the feeding part you have mentioned.
if i were you, I will scold her till ...!@#$$%.hahaha

Every baby is mother's little precious. I understand how you feel.

smurf 1509: yes, me too. bald. guess i am going for some hair treatment after bf my kid.

rourou89: my experience with CL is not as bad as yours, my second CL is better than my first, guess is always luck...even when recommendation can go wrong unless is really from first hand experience and also i think is important to interview them before deciding. though interviewing sometimes can be deceiving but at least you can use your mummy instincts to "sense" if they are ok.

Ital: yes ! suck fingers and hand. but usu when he is hungry or sleepy and needs comfort. i also suspect he might be teething soon as he is always drooling.

Hi mummies,

Have your babies started to sit up yet? When they have, it's a good time to introduce them to a Jumperoo or Exersaucer. By placing your babies in an upright position, it will give them a new perspective away from the ground. The fun toys on the Jumperoo or Exersaucer around them further enhance their fine motor skills while the sitting up with support helps strengthening their neck, back, and leg muscles. Overall, a Jumperoo or an ExerSaucer is a great toy for parents to consider because of the educational benefits, the fun, and the safety it can provide. Give it a try and your baby will love you for it. There are lots of designs and themes available for you to choose from, depending on the stages your babies are in. www.childrenswork.sg

Last edited:
Dear All,
The original confinement lady that was referred by a friend in turned referred another one from Malacca as the former suffer knee injury towards my wife’s EDD.
Be warned of Khaw Por Lee from Malacca (M’sia Mobile: XXXXX 1995, S’pore Mobile: XXXX 2654), height 160cm, age approximately 50, charges S$2400 for 28days. She started well but became very restless after a few days when my child couldn’t sleep well at night. 10 days later she claims that she had rheumatism and was unable to carry on her duty. She gave us less than 24 hrs notice period and refused to look for a replacement CL for us. This has caused us huge distress as first time parents.

Anybody has such similar experience? Do you think she has found a better offer?

hi all, our babies should be hitting 4 months this September. I am thinking to start them with cereal already. anybody started solids? or are you all waiting for 6 months?

leenie
not yet. Waiting for 6 mths when bb started to grow teeth.

ody0606,
that is very terrible. cannot comment much also.
I can say nowadays Malaysian cl are very jialet.expensive and yet no good.
I have many bad review about them.

Leenie: I thou we shld introduce solid food to bb when they can sit upright properly?

Morticia: you do not need to do a taimao pen... it is up to individual...

Hi all can I know what time does your baby goes to sleep at night? Mine seem to be an owl.. Had a short nap at 9plus and then woke up, follow by nearer to 11pm then sleep all the way to morning

er... i think my hair drop not my bb. lol.. his hair grow quite slowly after shaving.
now i can see a pile of hair everytime i wash my hair think is the after giving birth hormones. as i am still bf, i cannot use those tonic so just gotta live with it for the time being.
anyone like me ?

My hair started to drop too and I can feel the cold air on top of my head like it's bare...sobz

hi all, our babies should be hitting 4 months this September. I am thinking to start them with cereal already. anybody started solids? or are you all waiting for 6 months?[/quote]

Hi Leenie..I have just started feeding my baby brown rice cereal two days ago when he is 4 and a half months old. Different babies have different needs and I suggest looking out for signs that baby wants to start eating. These are:
- Baby feeds well at least 4 hourly but recently has started sucking hand/fingers an hour before feed is due;
- Baby is feeding and sleeping well but recently wakes up in the night for extra feeds,
- Baby is drinking above 36oz but still seems hungry.

If your baby has shown the above signs, you might want to start of with cereal. Always start with rice cereal as it is the most easy to digest. Introduce the cereal at baby's 10 or 11 am feed timing by giving him/her most of the milk feed. Then, feed with 1 tsp cereal (mixed with some milk). THis is the schedule for the first three days and watch out if baby has any allergies. Slowly increase amount of feed until 6th day.

tiny123,
my bb can sleep from 9pm to about 2am then wake up for milk.I guess now our babies should be able to know when is day and when is night time to zzz.

want to ask mummies,how many time do you bathe your babies a day?twice a day?
Do you bathe your bb again if come back home after a day outing?

ashrai,
I have not yet started on solid food.Now still feeding 120ml every 3 hours in day time.
Will started probably 6 mths old.

Marc I bathe baby in the morning then evening i give him a wipe or short bath to wash his buttock.

I am holding the cereal too till 6th month

Ashrai I thought cereal should be fed before the milk time as want to start solid food cos after milk their stomach are full

tiny123
I also bathe my bb in the morning then evening give her a wipe.
But sometimes I feel a day outing, I duno whether want to give her another bathe cause of bacteria outside .
I worried she might catch a cold at night.

Marc normally I just give him a wipe and change to pyjamas if is too late at night, think not to worry too much of bacteria they also have to learn to fight and build up their immunity.

Any mummies here that your babies not sleeping in Yao lan? How long does your baby nap?

Hi Mummies,

I need help! Any of your babies is drinking enfalac? Recently, My DS seems to poo alot and especially in the midst of the feed or after each feed. Poo varies from light brown watery to yellow watery. Is this normal? Im not sure if it is due to teething or the milk powder that is causing him to poo so regularly. He doesn't seem to have any of these problems when he was 2 months old.

hi all, our babies should be hitting 4 months this September. I am thinking to start them with cereal already. anybody started solids? or are you all waiting for 6 months?

Hi Leenie..I have just started feeding my baby brown rice cereal two days ago when he is 4 and a half months old. Different babies have different needs and I suggest looking out for signs that baby wants to start eating. These are:
- Baby feeds well at least 4 hourly but recently has started sucking hand/fingers an hour before feed is due;
- Baby is feeding and sleeping well but recently wakes up in the night for extra feeds,

If your baby has shown the above signs, you might want to start of with cereal. Always start with rice cereal as it is the most easy to digest. Introduce the cereal at baby's 10 or 11 am feed timing by giving him/her most of the milk feed. Then, feed with 1 tsp cereal (mixed with some milk). THis is the schedule for the first three days and watch out if baby has any allergies. Slowly increase amount of feed until 6th day.[/quote]

Hi ashrai,

Is your baby able to sit upright already? Im also thinking of feeding my baby cereal, but he still wobbles and falls forward when I try to sit him up.

Do you add the cereal into his milk?

My hair started to drop too and I can feel the cold air on top of my head like it's bare...sobz

Me too! My hair drop so much I thought I am sick!

Btw, what is the weight of your baby now and have they started to show signs of teething?

My DS lifts his head up when I washes his hair and he would lift his head up to watch the TV when we put him down on the baby rocker. Is this signs that he doesnt want to lay down anymore?

Hi Mummies,

MIL bought the wrong Nan. I have 2 tins of NAN HA 2. Giant selling $49.50
Selling @ $38 per tin. Expiry 30 September 2014

If you get 2 tins, I will throw in a bottle of GRADUATES PUFF.
Accept cash and/or vouchers.
Collection at Aljunied MRT, Serangoon MRT, other locations can be discussed.
Please email me at [email protected] for quick deal.

If your baby has shown the above signs, you might want to start of with cereal. Always start with rice cereal as it is the most easy to digest. Introduce the cereal at baby's 10 or 11 am feed timing by giving him/her most of the milk feed. Then, feed with 1 tsp cereal (mixed with some milk). THis is the schedule for the first three days and watch out if baby has any allergies. Slowly increase amount of feed until 6th day.

Hi ashrai,

Is your baby able to sit upright already? Im also thinking of feeding my baby cereal, but he still wobbles and falls forward when I try to sit him up.

Do you add the cereal into his milk?[/quote]

No i didn't add cereal into his milk. And milk has to be given first because most of their nutrients still come from their milk. Cereal at this point is to get them accustomed to semi-solids. And he only eats 1-2 teaspoonfuls. I read books by Gina Ford and this is what she recommends.

Hi Mummies,
How often does your bb wake up for milk at night ?
I have noticed that my bb will sleep thru 5 - 6 hours and still not asking for milk.
I will usually feed her after 5 hours and change her diaper at the same time.
Also,she will tends to play with the bottle while feeding her. Sometimes will not finish the whole bottle of milk.
how much and how often do you feed your bb now at day time?
I am still feeding 120ml every 3 hrs during day time.Duno whether is that sufficient? And my bb now will not ask for milk.
I will feed her on my own every 3 hrs.
Any mummies faced the same?

Morning Marc Jacob, how old is your baby? My baby slept thru the night without waking up for milk since he was about 3-4months old from 11pm to 7am. There is no need for panic. I have read thru a lot of websites and its just part of their growing stage. Sleeping is part of growing stage as well that is why I never wake him up for milk.
I change diaper n feed at the same time too if he does wake up if not i will just leave him to be.
My boy is now 9 months old, he drinks 180ml/3hours regularly. I will not feed him unless he is hungry coz I am afraid to flood his stomach and cause disgestive issues. However I learn from my friends that gals do drink lesser.
All babies go through the stage whereby they will get distracted easily, try to feed him in a quieter environment and guide them back to drinking milk. It takes a little patient. :)

So long your baby is growing up and still puts on weight regularly there is no cause for alarm.
Doctor also suggest to let baby sleep the night the wake them up as its babies instinct if they are hungry they will cry.

Hopes this help:)

Dear mummies, I have a question and hope to seek your advice before I experiment to feed my baby with solids when he turn 6 mths old in Nov. How do you mix bm with cereal? First warm up the bm, then pour directly onto the cereal?

What about bottled puree? Is it possible to just use the traditional method of putting in a bowl and place in a pot to warm up? Or can we use electric oven? I saw Pigeon food/milk bottle warmer and wondering if I shd buy one of those to warm up the puree. However I already have 2 Avent milk bottle warmers and don't want to spend money to buy another warmer...

I think I am quite a blur FT mum....

Hi Oren

For the cereal I warm up the BM first then pour to the cereal n mix it up.
For the purée I did not give so can't advise but trust u can use your Avent warmer to warm the purée, u can transfer the amount of purée u want to feed your bb in the Avent bottle and warm it. Hope it helps

Hi Oren, for cereal, I warmed up some BM and poured into the cereal. I didn't use bottle puree too... I have not start on puree yet, but why dun you make own puree?

Hi smurf, wanna get my boy to get used to bottled puree since I am returning to work soon (after having taken maternity and unpaid leave) and wanna make it hassle free for my MIL who will be helping to take care of bb...

Hello everyone , currently i'm looking for a malay babysitter that can baby sit my baby boy that is only a year old . I am able to send my boy over to your house before i head of to work . All you have to do is the normal basic things ,. For more enquiries , please give me a call at 81552838 . URGENT ‼️

Hi Oren
I find that home made purée is better than the bottled ones personally. You can try food like sweet potato, avocado, potato, carrot, apple, banana which is quite easily to mash.. you can get those pigeon food maker and if hand held blender if is easier but personally I find food maker is good enough after 7-8 Months baby can take food that are of thicker texture and bits

Ya, can make your own puree and freeze them. Then just thaw overnight in fridge and heat up to feed.

But some foods become v watery after freezing and thawing (for far, I noticed that for pumpkin and pear). So i just add in some cereal / mix with other thick foods to thicken up.

Be careful not to give to much solids initially. I made this mistake of giving quite alot (cos bb loved her food), and bb ended up with v bad constipation :(

Back