(2013/05) May 2013

Re: birth plan
My gynae never do birth plan as well. But we can do our own. Like I am going for TMC, one of the LC I known told me things to write down for the nurses there so that they can follow our instructions.

But I think if really can't tahan, just go for epidural though shivering is part of the side effects as we don't want to see baby go into distress because we ourselves is stress. Having epidural early if we know we can't take it can prevent unforeseen situation.

miracle_bing, if you are not a full time working mom, manual pump is good enough. As you won't have to worry about the time spend on pumping the milk. But if you are a working mom, you won't want to spend 30 min pumping during working hours. If will cause unnecessary stress and rather very tired to use hand pumping during working hours. Or you can try the manual pump during confinement and see whether you like it or not.

Dreambig, now my bb 36 weeks +. Schedule C-sec at 38 weeks because gynae said if later highly likely will end up emergency c-sec. So, will deliver next 2 weeks. I'm first time mummy, quite worry.

Hello i_love_babies, our EDD is very closed just a day apart(Edd: 30MaY) but be prepared it might be earlier.
My first child usually a week earlier based on my first n second child experience. Mine first gal was induced as i remembered that day, I had my fri checkup and doctor checked my lower part and said tmr cant administered to hospital. I was shocked and happy as it was my first bb.
Also, my hubby told me that he dreamt my gal had told daddy that she will come out on sat too. True enough, I delivered on sat with a lot of mummies delivered on that day too.

I ask for epi as after 3h of pain cannot take it, my back was super pain so I had to ask for epi. I waited for less than 8h and my beautiful gal was delivered.

As for delivering my second child, a son, I ask for epi as between my son and gal they are 18 mth apart so cant tolerate the pain so ask for epi too and soon my son 'pop' quickly as I had contractions pain when I went for work in the morning and realised i had regular contraction pain less that 1 min. My colleagues were so frightened that they asked me whether need to call for ambulance. I declared and was quite calm as I am a bit more experienced as bb will not pop so fast. But I am dilated till 4cm...

I left my work, took shower, drank coconut drink and went to hospital whereas my hubby and in laws were more excited than me. Grandson...

Actually, with regard to administer the epi, it vaires according to different body. For me, I do not have any of it so this time round I might consider avoid epi if I can tolerate the pain. I even refer to my first anesthetic doctor's name as standby in case i decide to ask for epi. My second anesthetic doctor was a bit rough n when injected to my back, I 'shake' which can be dangerous. Then i say i still feel the pain, he injected more fluid to my back till throughout the pregnancy, my lower body was totally immune.

Hi meiliew, dont worry abt emergency c-sec as long as bb is safe...n is ok. We should trust sg gynae as all of them are professional in their skills. What we are long awaiting for is seeing our beautiful bb.

miracle_bing, I do have manual avent breastpump and another motor breast pump..cant remember the brand (yellow in color). I prefer the motor ones as it is less tiring and I can use the other hand to squeeze and 'gather' all flow....

Also, as u r expressing the milk, the other breast will get triggered and starts to leak then i just shift the pump to the other breast to express out.

Sometimes, after expressing out, I will wonder does bb have enough of it...amazingly, the flow will just comes back as bb suckle on the nipple to stimulate the flow.

Just relax and dont feel stressful. Rest and relax will increase the flow.

Thanks Sleepyskies, i juz can't help feeling anxious as baby has turned his head down and pushed a lot.I am so afraid of preterm labor. I am actually on hospitalisation leave bcoz of it.

Meiliew- I will go for c-sec on 25th, how about you?

Manual avent breastpump
-Agree with KaTie, it's quite tiring to use manual one and it's time consuming. So Miracle_bing, you may try to get a used motor one if possible
happy.gif

Hi i love babies (lovebaby13), my apology and puzzled as y u need to go for c-sec as bb has turn head down n is pushing down. Possible to go for natural delivery?

Hi KaTie,

NO can't go for natural delivery due to low placenta. What's more, my first was also through c-sec due to breech, so i will definitely go through it again....keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly....

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. My EDD is end of May, but bb may pop out earlier because I'm having twin. :p

Are the mothers-to-be ready? I'm feeling jitters as days goes by. I had completed my pre-natal classes last sat. It seems tt I forget on how to handle bb, not sure whether is it bcos I'm forgetful or jus tt nervous (nv handle so some bb). Is it normal?

KaTie: I aso have BH, my gynae gave me some medication already. But I'm still have frequent n often BH. I'm worry that it will become real contraction. *scare scare*

meiliew: I may b on c-sec too cos if one of my bb decide not to b cooperative (head turn down). So far their heads r facing down, but my gynae say tt they can still turn n move. personally I'm worry whether will I have the strength to push two (if I can go for natural).. :s

i love babies: We were totally shocked when my gynae told us tt I'm having twin. As for the feeling, it must b e same as u n e rest of the mummies (the progress of the growth n feeling of their kicks). Indeed it is amazing to have two bb in the womb, I can't wait to see them.
happy.gif
The prob part is the counting of the movement, sometime I can't differentiate e movement belongs to which bb, so gynae say as long tt they move it is alright. I just hope that they dun come out tooooo early..

BTW just to check at 33 weeks - do your bb movement still lies alot on below belly button? For me, almost 80% of her movement is below belly button especially when i m seating..

KaTie, rejoy28 & miracle bing, we r v near. Heehee

Thanks miracle bing! Their genders are boy n girl (好). :p

For bb movement, one of them makes alot of movement above my belly button. While the other one is more below my belly button. It depends on my resting posture n wat I'm doing.

congrats Azel on your 好! Very precious!
happy.gif

For now, I only can get the first half of 好, hope can complete the word for my #2 next time. haha

miracle_bing - most of my bb's movements are above the belly button..occasionally will be below but rarely. I think so long as bb moves throughout the day, dont have to worry so much as to where they kick/push.
happy.gif

Congrats Azel on your long feng twins!
Ya..i believe it's more tiring, please take good rest then.

miracle_bing, mine is also more on below part. For me, bedresting can move him up. I think it should be fine as long as your gynae didn't say anything on it.

Thanks everyone. I really didnt expect to have twins plus they r long feng. It is exciting, but e road ahead will b v challenging!!

miracle_bing: yes can close factory le.. Heehee.. Unless husband wants a 3rd child but let me settle these two bb first.

sleepyskies: indeed they r v precious! Jia you, you can aso form 好 with ur #2..

i love babies: initially I'm still ok, but since 3rd trimester, bb are growing v fast n I need more rest now..

meiliew: jia you!! Can c bb soon.
happy.gif

Meiliew, don't worry, your gynae is d professional n will know how to handle d c-sect. Bb will be fine!
happy.gif

My baby is 37 week now so very close to yours
happy.gif

My gynae did not discuss birth plan with me too but I just thought maybe to have a plan in my head at least to know how I would like to do it.. I will try to do w/out epi but will see on the actual day if I can take the pain....

Miracle bing, not sure if it's possible to differentiate punches n kicks.... But as long as baby is moving it's all good.

Speaking of which I m a bit worried cos baby seem to be moving less these last 2 days..... Usually he kicks a big punch but these two days somehow subdued.....
sad.gif

Thanks all for the comfort..
happy.gif

Dreambig: i think is because u r already 37 weeks.. Bb does not have enuff space to move le.. If still worry better go c gynea..

Eva: oh dear.. Your BH is painful...? Then ya maybe you need pain relief... I have lots of BH too but so far just discomforts n not really painful.

Btw just to share with everyone, my gynae discourage from using penadine injections as pain relief Cos he said it makes the mother and baby drowsy... So he rather avoids that.

Yes maybe.... I am continuing to monitor tonight.. Hopefully he gets active again.. If not quite worrying.. Wished we have x-ray eyes so that we can see if baby is ok!

Hi meiliew u don't have to worry so much. I delivered 2wks earlier before my edd via c-sec. Was even on 3wks hospitalization leave before that cos bb growth rate slowed down, still managed to deliver 2.7kg bb girl n now she is still so adorable...
Just relax n take it easy!

My 2nd one is growing well n plan to c-sec nearer to edd.... Plan to rest 1wk before delivery...

Congrats azel !!! I predict complaining the weight of my boy. Can't imagine u having 2!! Jia you!!

Thanks Hippo16! Went to c gynae yesterday, their total weight is ~3.6kg. Tired but happy that they r growing well.. Occasionally I will carry my tummy when I walk ard in e office. It looks unsightly but comfort is more impt now. Haha :p

Good morning everyone.

Firstly, congrats Azel in expecting a twin n it is not easy too. Can't imagine the mass in your tummy as we have one already like very tired n heavy. Admire you. That the instinct of a mother, Salute u Azel!

Dreambig, I agree with miracle bing too, not to worry abt too much movement as when bb is ready n heardly room for movement, how to kick and punch or stretch much. But do occasionally talk loudly n ask bb to move to see if bb ok or not.

most of my movement is below tummy and sometimes above belly as bb is only 33 weeks so still early.

Wow..seeing some mummies already in their 37 weeks so problably in a week or two they will see their angel. Congrats n jia you!

Hi azel, it happens to me too! Sometimes just too tired so I used my hands to carry the stomach... Hahaha... My bb is now 2.5kg as of last fri..growing better than his sis.... N I m eating a lot more.... Think I hav to worry ant my own weight aft I deliver.........

Hi All the new mummies that just join our thread... as mentioned before, pls post more than we would add u in the FB, this is to avoid the spammer and silent reader.. :0

Congrats to Azel for having Twins!! one boy one girl somemore...

griny/pinktulip: yeah...expenses will be much higher. but hub said he can managed. he agreed with me that the baby will go IFC also.
1stly the ifc that i had enrolled is really good, the teachers take care of #2 very well. and then hub thinks she will get to learn things there.
basically the maid is to do housechores and help me. will get her to cook also.

pinktulip: her pay is $500 + $30 then levy $120.
that havent factored in the increased PUB bills, food bills, toiletries, headache...
haiz...
but really everyone thinks i cant cope with 3 kids when hub is not around...

since hub is paying, i think i should let go...

i noticed there are alot of newcomers in this thread.
both me & rejoy are the administrators of the FB group.
both of us discussed and we will still stick to our plan as usual.
for newcomers, please chat and post more in this thread 1st...then after awhile send in yr request to be added into the group. we will be very happy to add u in.

this is to avoid spammers/silent readers...

Hi Dreambig, you must be very excited as your bb is coming out soon....really excited for you. The small little bb is so fragile and adorable.

Hi rejoy nad 2ks, no problem as we understand that for valid reason n avoid silent readers...

No worry. as previously I just read but didnt post but now...we are getting nearer to our due date and the exciting part is hearing mummy taking turns to 'pop' out will be very exciting, looking forward and challenging too.

babbiee, thanks for sharing the link,

we will definitely post more threads here as initially i thought we can read and get info from here but after a while most of them actually went into facebook and we didnt get more updates.
happy.gif

Hippo16, are u expecting twin too?...as u mentioned not easy to have two...

Mummies whose gynae is Dr Poon King Fu, did u pay $300 for reservation of hospital fee?

AS previously I was with CH Koh for my two children and I need not have to pay for any fees except adminstration to the hospital on the actual delivery day.

Dr Koh is a very experienced gynae n has the latest machine but the waiting time is too long and hubby no patient to wait for 2 h or more just to see him for 10 min.

Dr Poon, a very gentle and soft-spoken guy. but so far...quite ok just that his machine is a bit out-dated..he can see what is what...whereas I have to based on my previous two bb that know that isthe head, arms. etc.

If first time mummy, I dont think I can see it clearly.

Good Morn Everyone..

Rejoy and 2Ks: I will try to post more but because I have limitation in accessing to internet therefore prefer to use FB.. Hehe.. I have send in my FB request anyway and will PM you my details shortly.. Anytime when both of you are comfortable, please do add me accordingly..
happy.gif

Pelvics Pain: I have pelvics mild ache since late 2nd trimester and now at 33 weeks, my ache is getting worse especially when sleeping and trying to turn sides.. Any remedy from mummies here? I tried using pillow, bolster still doesnt help.. Gg to cry soon
sad.gif

C-Section: would like to check if we choose c-section, will we have problem BF our new babies? Eg like we cant BF immediately, is it true?

Brazilian Wax: I feel like doing wax before due, when is a good time to consider?

Katie: Thanks for sharing ur bb is also moving more below belly button, i hope in the next coming weeks, I can feel it more higher up
happy.gif
becos until now I still dunno is the leg moving or only hand and head moving.. Haha.. BTW we same EDD week..
happy.gif

Hippo: How many weeks are you now? 2.5kg sound good.. Mine is 2.1kg at 32 week check-up..

morning ladies!!

Haha yes I think most of the regulars are busy on FB now coz its easier to post/ reply there. But there have been many sharings (from carriers, confinement herbs, breastfeeding to massage lady etc) earlier on...just that you need to review the older threads.
happy.gif

One of our May mommies have popped last week..she's the first so that got many of us gan cheong and rushing to get stuff ready. Exciting times ahead!

Hi pinktulip (ipanbaby),
I'm a FTWM...hee...I need my own money for my own expenses. Furthermore, no need to ask hubby for money....Although we are not very rich neither average but we prefer to haveown money n savings. Depends on individual as some hubby prefers their wife to spend more time with their children than maid. For me, I am fortunate to have my parents in laws to look after my children as my own mother is looking after my brother's daughter.

noted karen peh katie and miracle bing. PM me or rejoy yr details. Name matched with nicks. once we ok we will add in.
i also kiv meiliew one...once i see her posting more, i will add her in as well.

miracle bing: please do the wax now if u want. cos my previous threads mummies afew did close to edd and they got infection.

anyway the hospital dont shave everything for u la...just necessary only. not much.

Back