(2013/05) May 2013

mummies... my daughter is saving money to buy present for didi... questions...

1. all in coins
2. what to buy for didi
3. if i bring all coins to let's say kiddy palace, will they throw me out??

what are you all buying for #1 from #2?

phew...i tot 3rd child CDA only max matching $9k...so its actually 12k..
okay can use for awhile...not so stressed now...

babymaine - your daughter so cute, buy present for didi... I'm not sure if u bring a big tub of coins would the retail shop accept, unless the sales assistant very nice bah? Or convert the coins to notes at bank?

nlimm - wah what was your occupation last time? 10k is good money $_$

chiro - cos she's actually already saving up coins that we bring home daily... 2 milk coin banks.. 1 for $1 coins.. 1 for $0.50 coins... then hubby say he doesn't want her to take coins from there to buy stuff... so i bought a smaller one... can save any coins... which is good, cos she's always excited about saving money to buy present for didi... for someone so young, i'm impressed that she loves didi so much... but confirm will change once he's out... but if convert to notes i dun think she will understand leh... headache... cos i think she saved about $30 over worth of coins... i was actually thinking of "changing" with hubby... so like she bring the piggy bank to him, he give her the notes...

2Ks:
congrat!!!
happy.gif
Then be easier for u to send in #1 &2 together
happy.gif

bbkk:
Weird im told jurong no kindy coz kinder and up.My boy can go kinder straight coz he aldy know how to write those but im told kinder is 1.5hrs n its only 30mins lesson n next 1 hr is those sit on chair do work type i scare too bored for him so thinking of start kindy 1st at least theres songs n lessons then sit for 15-30mins to do work. Is that how kinder is like?Whats ur ger exact age when she starts?She can sit still for tt 1hr after 30mins lesson?Errmm pondering if to go direct kinder then but dont wanna bored my boy off n he dont wan continue.

Babymaine:
ur ger so cute! how old is she?My boy only know $ save into his coin bank can buy his burger haha yet to really tell him abt the present exchange. Present fr baby to #1 shd be cheap digital cam for him to take photos his new hobby,fr #1 to baby still thinking.

2Ks:
I think #1 n #2 each 6K matching, $3is 12K then #4is 18K.Im not too sure, only rem like multiple of 6.

Chiro:
keke ya tts y then i spend without thinking de. But coz i have a FT job plus 2 PT jobs then n i work 7days a wk type.Pak toh time only at night.But then no commitment so its ok now dont think can ,not even time.

Iko0508... Maybe coz i am flat everywhere :-/. Bump also not v big.. Plus my baggy clothes cannot really see ba.. Plus i always wear a long cardi everywhere and cover my tummy.. Hahahha :p

Oh ya talking abt car... Mummies with 2 kids or more with a car, what car u driving? Hb's car needa upgrade... Too small to fit 2 car seats plus helper... Haiz.. More $ again

junebunny: i dont have a maid...so my hub car is ok for us. he is driving a camry.
put 2 behind then 1 infront...bo bian...

nlimm - she's 28 months old... she finds it fun to tong coins... trying to get her involved as much as possible... hopefully can minimize sibling rivalry...

junebunny - I'm driving a jazz... behind put car seat for my girl already very squeezy... then we should be getting the maxi cosi easy to fix and take out if required... wanna change car to touran.. but should change next year end ba...

Nlimm: wah!! 10K u also willing to give up... really v Wei Da..

Vi: Wow! Budgeting? Usually my hubby does tt... cuz he's e one earning..

2K: What's mfs?

Iko0508, coz this is our first one. So we haf to buy everything.
Plus bonus time soon, so we need to know how much to put aside......

I feel so poor now...now praying my co will b generous...but a bit hard......sigh

Now also gg are asking colleagues n ferns for hand down clothes....lol

My hub is now planning how much additional allowances he has to give me....

The cc n additional classes r gg to eat up our savings
Sigh

Hi mummies!!

did detailed scan today! All is fine. Baby yawned three times and my gynae took a picture of the baby yawning.
happy.gif
Brought my son to see the ultrasound also. And it's 70% chance a girl. Baby wasn't very cooperative again so the legs were not wide open enough. haha.

Bbkk, i think mine is a girl, 70% sure only. So if you got the time you can help me update hee. Thank you. Will let you know if suddenly got bird appear lol.

Babymaine, i think i should start buying a piggy bank for my son to save up for meimei! haha. So cute of your daughter!

iko, i think mfs is My First Skool.

BabyMaine:
Ur ger very 懂事.Mine 38 mths le he happy will say save $ to buy me presents during birthday but most of the time says save $ is to buy burgers fries etc

Iko:
Sigh yalor I keep grumbling to Hb lor tt i gave up alot leh. My FT only ard 5K , is my other Parttimes tt bring in more but again wkend I also need work 12-14hrs type lor so now all these time give to family . FT give up partly is coz I have disgusting spinster boss which I can't stand so I endure till get ml n left.
my mil knows my Hb give me 1K allowance now though I Parttime then I told her tt if she can take care of my baby n i go work ft i can give her lor
MFS= my 1st sch, the orange colour cc under ntuc , usually every town easily have a few branches

Vi :
Hehe buy gd one can save n use again for #2
happy.gif
they said when ask for clothes hor get fr those who u wan ur kids to be like interns of behaviors etc

Debbie:
Wah so cool can take yawning pic tts precious
happy.gif

debbie, nlimm - i think it's a good start for them to save money from young... i'm trying to get her involved in everything with regards to the baby... like packing and sorting his clothes... then when i buy new clothes she will tell daddy that this is for HER didi... lol... she will even tell my dog... "crystal... this is not for you... this is for didi... too small for me..."

vi - i dunno leh... but so far what i've seen it seems jie jies are better... like myself, i'm not close to my brothers... only close to my elder sister... my hubby is eldest son... also not close to siblings... but ultimately it's upbringing... it's up to the parents to foster a loving and close family... just like my mil keep asking why i want to have a snake baby... wait i buay gum with him blah blah blah... cos i'm pig, he's snake... but who cares... i told her i giving birth to human not snake...

Its been so long since I've last posted. been pretty packed at work n can only read the email notifiction of postings on my mobile.

Can't remember who always frequent Bedok South. Are you referring to Blk 16? I live around the area! Haha. I settled most of my meals downstairs so may have seen you b4.

Had my last gynae visit on xmas eve around week 18. baby's legs are closed. Gynae tried to scan from all angles. Conclusion is the same as before. 70% girl.

Its really not easy to be a sahm. other than finances, taking care of children & chores (if no helper) full time without much adult interaction is not something easy. Daddies do not realise how tough to face a kid 24/7 especially when they act up.

Me also headache with childcare for #1 (currently taken care by my MIL but I don't think she can cope with infant n toddler). My priority is MFS in front of my house but there are 80 kids in front of her in waiting list! #1 turns 18 months in May so I am thinking of putting her in IFC in Apr then CC in May b4 #2 is out so that she won't associate that she is put in school because of mei mei. Any feedback on Sparkle Tot? Coz there is one around my house.

Sleeping arrangements I have yet to finalise. Currently #1 sleeps in her own room in cot but we let her co sleep if she wakes up in wee am. If #1 & 2 sleep together, #1 would sure be awaken by #2. Plus I have already guest bed in the nursery. Still thinking...

So nice that some of your #1 are so enthu with their coming younger sibling. My gal still does not understand the concept of baby in mummy's tummy (currently 13 months).

We have just switched to Opel Zafira (MPV). Pricing is good and more spacious n high tech than most other MPVs in the market. Only con is I think the aircon not too good.

I can't recall if I've previously put in FB request. My email is [email protected]. Nick is Corrine.

Hi all,

i-Creative Learner (@ Outram) is looking at starting a Phonics super crash course for 2007 kids. We need at least 4 kids to start the class and currently we already have 2 kids. We need another 2 more kids to start the class.

Day & Time: Mon, 2.15pm - 3.45pm
Duration: 1.5hrs

Anyone interested, pls register at http://email.icreativelearner.com.sg/+2004015.html or pm me with your name and contact no.

Thanks!

Vi: i nvr even budget for my #1.. nvr even think of cc or playgroup.. but its good to budget.. at least u cover most of the big items costs.. ur hubby so nice.. still give u allowances despite u r working.. y not just swipe his card.. hee!

Debbie: WOW! i din noe our bb can yawn.. lolz! so cute.. yawn so many times some more.. did u wake her up the scan? hee!

Hi ladies, I haven't been posting for a long time . finally morning sickness is slowly leaving me and can eat more now. And I am back!

Been down for so long and never go out. I think I need a breather soon.i turning into a huang nian po, skin and hair so dry. Anyone know if there is any safe skincare or facial product for preggy woman?

Hi,

I have a preloved, almost brand new Avent Twin Electric with manual pump to let go. I had this serviced at Philips last June 2012 and they gave me a whole new set - motor plus breast pump and accessories. The breast pump and accessories are all brand new since only the motor was needed to be replaced. I only used this for 2 weeks when I decided to stop breastfeeding. This comes in an elegant black tote bag. I'm letting go of this for $300 as I need to clear my space (Suggested retail price: SGD 779). Philips will honor this warranty since I have the receipt of their service. Date of purchase: January 13, 2012, warranty for 2 years, registered online.

7945440.jpg

Iko0508, is my younger bro. When we got married, he taught me to get some allowances. 50 to 100. So that we will get used to it n my hub will be mentally prepared if one day I need to stop working
Hahaha
So it increases over the yrs. but I put them into saving acc....

We asked abt the prenatal plan at axa. It is ex. She keep trying to persuade us to sign up the 200k coverage for the little one....2400 pa.....
Zzzzzzz.
That make us decided to do some budgeting now....

Bb yawning? Is it a 4d scan? I heard bb will hiccup a lot when it is in our body.....

prenatal means before birth can get ah?

my colelague that day was talking about this hospitalisation policy. BB after delivery 15 days i think must get 1

Prenatal plan is to cover the mummy n the nb. In case of hospitalization, there is 100 cash per day subject to conditions
Then after nb is born, the second part kick in
It is a life policy that u transfer to the bb. It doesn't req any underwriting.

We feel tat the medical plan is more impt than life policy. N to spend 2400 pa is very siong.

Headache

Vi: yes..medical plan is more important than life policy. life policy they can always get themselves when they grow up.
i didnt buy those prenatal plan as well..
but once bb born, i bought medical for the baby.

once bitten twice shy lor...during #1 time, i didnt and i end up paying hard cash when bb was hospitalized.

Mfs..my son is in the branch in toa payoh. There are close to fifty kids with four teachers. There is enrichment that we can opt in, but, quality not there. I put him in very single one since day one, from kindermusick to applepie, but hardly any results. Cc is really about just care giving. Thankfully, i kiasu enough, puts him in phonics, mandarin classes. Tried telling the cc teachers few years back abt the lack of academic rigour, but now, i had given up. The gap betwwen mfs cc n pcf kindergarten is too big. I think, any child gg from mfs k2 to p1 without reinforcements will be in for a rude shock.

buba: but i tot in K2 there will be preparation for them to go P1? no?
i know now they practice this "learn thru play"
die...my #1 going to MFS in feb leh...he is going to be in K1.
his existing childcare is quite balance i should say.
haiz...being a parent so tough...go back still must teach them lor.
but from what i see, most cc are like that leh. even like my gf daughter who is in another cc, doesnt really into teaching too...her abc are all taught by my gf.

I asked. In K2, money n time will be taught. I compared notes with friend from another cc that charges 1k per month, mfs really cannot make it. The other cc has proper englush and chinese literacy with worksheets And even music appreciation parked in foc etc. Material quite solid.

iko, haha ya amazed at how many times she yawned. My gynae say sleepy baby lol. Didn't manage to wake bb up.
happy.gif

Vi, actually its not a 4D or 3D scan. It's those normal black and white ultrasound scan but when baby move, can see. And it's recorded a bit so my gynae can pause and move back a few seconds and snap the baby yawning shot.
happy.gif
Actually, it's good if baby yawn during the detailed scan, can see inside the mouth and check for cleft. For #1, he also yawned and we saw a line in the mouth. Almost thought it was a cleft inside mouth but double checked using 4D scan. Thankfully it wasn't and the 'line' in the mouth was maybe a shadow.

Re: Sleeping arrangements
anyone planning to let baby sleep with helper at night? I live in a house with in laws and SIL. So there's already 1 helper in the house but i'm getting 1 more helper under my name to assist me in taking care of #2 as well as my #1 when i'm busy. But was thinking of putting #2 sleep with helper at least a few times a week as i will need my sanity esp once i get back to work. Anyone have this plan of letting helper take care of night feeds?

vi - I bought from prudential... called prufirstgift for #1 and now for #2 also... per annum is only 1200... covers us now.. then once give birth transfer to baby... cover jaundice equipment, premature birth etc...

2Ks/Buba/ All/ MFS/PCf/ private ccs :
2Ks, I do agreed with Buba. Though my #1 only in N2 for 2013, whenever I visit cc I will ask to view material till K2 as If nothing's goes wrong hoping that my boy can be in same centre till K2.

Just to share info I gathered after visiting 3 MFS branches & 3 PCf cc, 2 mulberry, 2 learning vision, 2 Safari,4 diem carpe , TheOrangeTree , 2 Agapes & other 10+ small scale cc. Paisey abit ks when comes to this.
Not saying that MFS is not gd, with passionate n devoted teachers , the students able to strive too if she goes beyond the curriculum skeleton. I feel MFS is better then PCf in terms of curriculum ( again varies btw branches).
Frds of mine who send kids to PCf n MFS always have alot of enrichments on wkend on top of their own coaching. Infant till toddler still ok, N1 not too bad too as u can easily coach A-Z & 1-10 at home( I'm shocked by the PCf branch at my end, they told me N1 1-5,N2 1-10@-@ till K2 only 1-20 & only simple addition n subtraction) coz by right best preferably by K2 shd start basic multiplication. Personally fr N2- K2, shd go into more concrete academic learning of coz play/fun still in.

U might want to talk to your boy teacher of what will be covered till K2 to ensure no extremely shock when goes P1 especially if u r sending ur kids to branded popular schools coz majarity of the kids parents there usually prepared them quite well thru gd cc/ enrichment classes etc . But if normal neighbourhood schs, they will still have time to pick up in pri1 coz a larger proportion of kids fr pcfs n MFS so won't be a outcast there and the teacher háve to cater to majority .

And partly that's y I'm changing my boy to another cc. This yr N1 basically just covering what I aldy taught him last yr but at least the currently cc teaching 1-10 recognition, A-Z phonic, tracing of names etc. I hope his new cc worth the $, starting next wed n hope I don't pull him out after 2 wks trial.

Buba :
My frd went for the isetan sale, one came our with vacuum flask only another empty handed.

BabyMaine/ vi:
Tt plan u mentioned is the premium accumulative? Or it's term policy during pregnancy? It covers the bAby even when in our womb or only fr 15 days after delivery? With Annum of 1.2K , whats the coverage amt? I talked to my agent, she told me not worth buying those tt cover pregnancy as its coverage not worthwhile, still pondering if to get.

Nlimm
The prenatal plan includes two parts. One is during the pregnancy. The second part kicks in when ur nb is born. It is like a life policy with tpd n critical illness. This will cover the nb even if the bb has congenital illness.
If I remember correctly, the first part is a single premium of 320+
Second part will dep on ur life policy coverage. I asked my agent to calculate the premium for nb with a coverage of 200k. It came up to b abt the same as what axa quoted me. But as I mentioned earlier, my priority is actually medical n not life policy.
I m meeting my prudential agent next week to ask her for more details. Perhaps u can ask urs again?

Childcrae
My nephew is gg to primary 1 next yr. he can already count all the way to 100 n do addition n subtraction comfortably. Plus he can also do multiplication. There was a song that teaches them the multiplication all the way to 10x10....
I thought that is the norm now. But seeing what Nlimm wrote, it seems like cc quality varies....

Nlimm: no la... I m not a typical kiasu parent. I do not wanna stress my child so much. Everything slowly and gradually.
To me most important is my child is happy that and the teachers are dedicated. Extra things can always add on later if I think he lack of.
What is tong nian like that. .. dont have lor..

My #1 also gg for half day cc starting in mid Feb. Actually my original plan is to send him for playgroup (those 3hr type) after 2 but with this unplanned timing for #2 I have to send him before his didi arrives to avoid him feeling abandoned. The good playgroups in my area all full, so in e end I signed him up for half day cc at a place with the environment I want for him: Well-ventilated classrooms, big open green field for play, fun curriculum and loving teachers. Brought him there and he loves it! He was running around the green field and the teachers were telling me children his age will spend 60% time outdoor instead of indoor. For me, environment is more impt than academic curriculum at this age...I just want him to play well and be happy there, and of cos the character development.

Nlimm: Wah your PT jobs r v lucrative! Why didn't u consider retaining your PT jobs and quitting your full time instead? Since they yield more $ in less time? U can then spend more time with your kids too as compared to keeping all jobs. But of cos, nothing beats looking after your kids full time so if u can afford it that's the best!

Mummiessss, any of u stay near east coast park? Is it raining there ? Coz have a beach play there at 4pm , will need change venue if rain
sad.gif

Vi:
So ur 200K coverage premium is 2.4K? I haven't ask prudential agent frd coz so far I compare wl plans for my family members prudential plan has very high value under unguaranteed column which they nvr hit. So far asialife= taiko marine is the only one where total payout means their benefit illustration . U might wan ask ur agent on this too. That agent who told me is independent agent means she covers plans fr all banks n insurance CPy except prudential & great eastern.
Cc: yalor all varies . My frd's kid gog P1 she's telling me fortunately the cc her ger is in teach multiplication n she has been teaching problem sum solving coz she's stunned when she saw her girl's p1 bks . She thought she prepared her way ahead but end up just nice only .

2Ks:
Haiz nowsaday sg kids no tong nian lor. Tts y we look for gd sch coz their mon to fri 8-6 be there gd academic plus play( all cc definitely have play coz the chers also need rest they wont be so dedicate to whole day teach n teach lor)then wkend can play n family times n Frds time . But difficult to find perfect sch nowsday .

Captain_piglet:
I can't coz the pt then requires wkdays night or wkends but all these r family time which my Hb be home after work n kids after cc. So my ft becomes my pt now at least I only work during some office hrs timing which I can go off early to do household chores n bring my boy out then pick Hb. So when Hb complains tt he's really wan to quit , I told him y not he be stay at home dad or he goes pt n I goes ft as his ft now is only slightly above my 3 yrs ago ft pay.

nlimm
yes
the prenatal portion is 320.
i guess if u r keen to look at a life policy for ur kid, then u might wan to consider the prenatal plan.
but best to ask ur agent for more info
i think only prudential n axa have prenatal plan. others do not haf that

Nlimm, it's gloomy and raining but looks like rain is gonna stop.. But with the unpredictable weather best to change to a sheltered area
happy.gif

Hi all! I am a silent reader all these while.
happy.gif

Just a question regarding mc for medical checkups for working mums...

When do u inform yr boss abt yr next check up date? On the day itself?

Do u take mc for the whole day? Or only half a day? How does it work?

Thanks for answering my doubts!

Vi:
Thankyou. Errmm need to think abt tt. Coz then for my #1 i ended up w asialife coz coverage is much better but however it doesn't cover prenatal.

Junebunny:
Thankyou. We settled for Polliwogs Robertson , sigh beach play no luck

nlimm
asialife is tokyo marine?

acesconnection
i guess it depends? my team is small n once someone is on leave, i wont b able to clear. so i will usually tell my mgr in advance
but i usually go for nite clinic so i jus haf to leave earlier.
but for my detailed scan, i m taking whole day mc. dun wan to waste it

Nlimm, icic yah no wonder. I wouldn't want to sacrifice my precious wkends too! At least your job allows u to convert to part time, mine doesn't have this option. I also earn more than my hb due to the industry nature but no la, we Mummies are still generally better with kids so not an option for my hb to be house husband. I pray that God will give me the courage to give up some years to stay at home with my kids. So far didn't dare to try cos our annual household income will be reduced substantially. My current job pays me well and I quite like it too. If my hb earns more i would then have no prob saying bye to it for the sake of our kids.

acesconnection: usually i will inform my boss that im going to see my gynea that day wont be around lor. i will tell them advance so that my other coll wont take leave also. usually i take full day mc. take half day mc very tired leh.. =)

cactus: Yes.. cus they all have money mah! they have a stable job.. they didnt reach to some of us having low income or middle income. so they wont know how we feel one.. sighz. even that amy kor also can say we non working mums should not be having the same sub with working mums. when some of us dont even have the choice! haiz....

I infor my boss early too. We have a common leave file so i will update. Jap company alot of meetings..so have to plan early. My gynae visit is at night but if i see the diabetic doc it will always be thurs..i will schedule scan or anything and take full day mc

Detail scan tmr! Hopefully bb is cooperative lah

Back