(2013/05) May 2013

u mummies really very hardworking leh.
i haven't even start comparing or looking at the things i want to buy.

only think think nia. in fact, i am looking into changing my washing machine more than looking at what to buy for bb. Haha....all purchases will wait till Jan coz need to wait for AWS first.

i bought the swaddle cloth when i attended mrs wong's class. but, i personally think no need to buy too many pieces. by the second week at home, my bb refused to be swaddled. he will kick the swaddle cloth off and push it away. end up, i used the swaddle cloth as a blanket for him...

mami B, do u remember the price? I will buy those things next weekend so better check with mummies 1st. Easier to use?
How abt Philips Avents? which one better and cheaper?

oh ya, I oso need buy milk bottles, what size and how many do I need to buy?

dian_tang: i speak cantonese...so its slightly better. but nowadays alot of HK speaks chinese very well..

mami b: i am 1.55cm and i have no prob going up and down escalator with my peg perego. its so sturdy and not flimsy at all.
i can even go up and down escalator now with my baby jogger double pram...starting i dont dare too, cos its heavy and long. but well, i did it, despite carrying a tummy.

combi i personally think if 1 year and above, its pretty squeezy and warm for the kid.
cos its like sticking all over the body. but then for travel i think its fine. but shopping cannot hang bags.

worried79: its up to u la..if u think u wanna eat just get it. for me, i think its enough from my daily intake.
natural source is better.

chiro: ya...i used a few brands before. so far i dont like japanese/korean brands. but capella had those bigger models which are okay. dont get those smaller models. but if u intend to get it for travel its fine.

tsm: i am using avent. so far ok. pigeon got this prob i must let u know 1st. the base metal plate will corrode after sometime, then must keep washing with lemon or something. happens to my SIL and sis set. but generally is fine. u can get the bundle pack when taka having sale. its very very worth.

JC: u say they all hardworking im even worst leh. i dont even wana buy anything.. haha just reuse. and i havent even dig out my no.1 clothings also -____-

2ks
thanks, guess i will just make sure i eat healthily. think my gynae will say the same thing if i ask him again!

i think i m quite useless. i never dare to control the stroller at the escalator. always left it to my hubby. find it so scary, scare i will lose control of the stroller.

fabbie,
reuse can save money leh. though i dun know my bb's gender yet, i will still reuse #1 clothes, even if its girl, at home also can wear blue, haha

Worried 79: fish oil contains dha which is good for brain development.. since I took for #1.. I tot I shd take for #2.. muz be fair right.. Hee!

Vi: dun think any of them coming over liao since they know we r gg back in March..

2K/diantang: I dun speak canto.. Anyway so many mainlanders here.. spending money ljke water.. so hk ppl can speak quite good mandarin..

Re: fish oil
Can mummies help me check How much mg of dha is in the capsule to be consumed each day?

but u got # 1...haha

actually i dun mind hang me down but those i know either just give birth or i not so close to ask from them.

okie i shall be good ger this week and start looking!

iko0508
in that case, i shall not take anything, coz i also never take anything exra for my #1...to be fair? haha. just hope whatever food i m taking is having enough nutrients for my bb, have been puking occasionally

hello mummies... just done detailed scan... baby is healthy... confirm boy... saw the bird... and we filmed down some parts of it too... lol... by right not allowed but should be closing factory so just film... went to Si ma lu to buy those cheapo baby clothes... spent $33... 6 long sleeve tops 6 long pants 12 hankies....

buba: Hw's ur detailed scan? =)

2ks: My colleague just came back fr HK and she said tt tis cold and got lotsa thgs to buy.. -_- I agree with ya when ya mentioned tt the peeps there are kinda rude.. They'r sorta aloof and will look down on pple if one cant speak in Cantonese.. I can't speak in cantonese and it doesnt really help tt I've got the chee-na look.. -_-

tsm: am using the pigeon rapid steam steriliser, not bad, can fit lotsa bottles inside.. even fitting in avent btls also no prob, then took ard 6 mins or so (can't really rem) to sterilise.. then cleaning's v easy too.. can just mix 60ml vinegar and 120ml water as per their webby then pour it inside to steam etc.. then the metal plate will be good as new.. =)

Milk btls -am using avent, the honey colored ones, supposedly to be bpa free.. read online tt some recommended tommee tippee coz the btl teat's more alike tt of mummy's nips? But I find tt the btls are really big, hard to squeeze into bags maybe?

babbiee: think 3rd trim starts fr 27 wks? http://www.baby2see.com/trimester_calculator.html

worried79: heh heh, girl wear blue still okie.. was telling hb tt we'r lucky to #2 as a boy, am thinking of letting bb wear dresses too, then on those days tt he's in a dress, we wont take photos.. =p

coz for #1, when I made the effort to dress her up so prettily in her dress and gave her those cute lil beanies to wear, pple can still ask boy or girl.. faint.. -_- and the thg's my girl actually have a girl girl look loh.. dunno why.. =(

Buba: since 10? Baby not co operative? Soon will be done. tahan a while more..
happy.gif

Bewildered: I thought of getting medela pump but avent milk bottles.. You think the bottles can fit into the pump? Avent now Gt two different of teat. One is natural and the other one is classic. The natural one resemble more like nip.. Which one you using?

shirley: u dont have to worry about whether bottles can fit in the pump or not. cos eventually u still have to pour out de.
eg. bb drinking 100ml but you are pumping 150ml, so u have extra 50ml which u have to store away. so doesnt matter whether can fit in or not.
but then one thing i have to share with u.
if u intend to feed bb thru bottles outside, u have to warm up the bm rite, its very hard to find a big container that fits in the fat avent bottle

Tsm: combi- think its $300 plus or $400 plus. Cant really remember but u shld get it at the taka fair. I also get the stroller hooks so that can hang my diaper bag at the back of the stroller. Just remember to always remove bags first, then baby. It becomes a habit. Automatic for me le.

Another stroller that is like combi is aprica. More pricey version. A little heavier as well. But same one hand operation. I bot one cos vain lah... Saw the purple satin pram n fell in love. Lol!!

steriliser: Tks mummies for the advice and opinion!

Mami B: ya our budget for stroller is ard SGD400-500. My hubby and I is more prefer to Combi too.
When is Taka fair? is it too early if buy stroller now?

Tsm, when to buy depend on u lah...
happy.gif
my preg always not stable so i buy third tri. If urs stable type, buy anytime also ok.

Want to ask, if I use Medela Pumps, and buy Philips Avent Sterilizer/other brands, would the Medela bottles be able to fit in the sterilizer? Sorry if this is a silly question lol.

Tsm - I will be getting combi too. Same situation as you, we were thinking if it's too early to buy now. We decide to hold it first and wait for next sales to buy since it takes space and our home is pretty small already. Until this month end a few places are selling Combi prams at 10% off, fyi.

buba: huh?? so long? Ya bked appt ler right? Mine's this Friday then I was still planning thgs to do aft the scan sia.. If will take so long, think hafta re-schedule the plan abit.. =p

Shirley: If ya thinking of pumping direct using Medela pump into the Avent btls, think can but need some conversion kit.. coz avent openings' pretty wide while Medela's narrow type.. http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Avent-Breast-Pump-Conversion/dp/B001CWGXE2

Ooh, I din know tt there's diff teats for Avent until ya said it.. heh heh, have checked the webby, mine's the classic.. =)

http://www.usa.philips.com/c/avent-baby-nipple/35490/cat/en/#filterState0=MCC_NIPPLES_SU_US_CONSUMER%3Dtrue

chiro: can...medela can fit in all sterilizers. no need to specify use that only.

u guys have to know hor...if combi wanna use till 2-3 years old hor..its abit squeezy for the toddler.
alot of my friends got a 2nd stroller after that.

2ks - thanks for the information =)
As baby grows up to be toddler, I will get him/her to walk with us!
kao_biggrin.gif

Anyway when the stroller becomes too small will likely get a bigger one already.

babymaine - congrats on having a healthy bb boy! :D

iko0508 - I can't find any established fixed daily intake of DHA recommended for pregnancy, but 200mg should be a good gauge.

Chiro: yup my hse quite small too....heard tat Taka wil hv baby fair in FEb next year, is it true? then mayb can wait till tat time to buy.

Mummies, i am thinking to buy a new Sofa b4 CNY, I know tat we pantang to move the furniture in our bedroom, how abt furniture in living hall?

chiro: by then u will prefer bb to be in the pram! they run everywhere then cannot see or shop lor!
u know my 4 years old...still wanna sit on the stroller lor! so very the lazy..

No appt. Cos i changed dates due to work. appointment all full, hence clinic askd me walk in.

All good for my scan, except pacental too low. No chance see gynae yet. I wonder whats the implication. Next appt in mid jan. Gender confirmed. Girl. Chubby cheeks. Currently 320g. The radiologist is v cute, she even counted the fingers n toes.

For avent bottles n medela pumps, i think we can buy a converter if you need to pump n directly. I didnt use sterliser. I boil the bottles for number one.

Vi, yaloh i oso think tat! as long as we are nt ard it shld be fine.
but my sis insist cannot move any furniture in hse...so i am in the dilemma now...

buba: low placenta, tendacy to bleed at later part of pregnancy if i am not wrong.
and low placenta cannot natural birth, have to go thru c-sec.
but then it might move up too..
thats what i know la.

if you don't feel comfortable, just walk out of the house when they deliver.

actually, what is consider furniture moving?
When i vaccum, i will push out the sofa or move the coffee table. In the room, i will shift the ottoman or ironing board also.

buba - congrats on having a bb girl
happy.gif

My gynae said my placenta abit low now also... but he also mentioned might move up later on. Hope it will move up. Then don't carry heavy stuffs also.

JC, in fact i oso confusing.
Same to u, I oso push the sofa or move table to clean, for me i think tis is ok de.
but when i told my sis jz nw, she asked y i dun listen to her! she said i shldnt move any furnitures in the hse, faint!

tsm, my parents also pantang
but I heck care
buy first n tell later
haha
but we need to do up the BB rm
if cannot move, how r we gg to prepare?

my placenta is also low
a bit of bleeding
gynae told me to rest n dun bend
n I read that it will move up later
so dun worry

2ks: thanks for the tips. Avent bottles are big. Which brand bottles you using? I thought wanna get the glass type initially but dh say heavy and not necessary. I m into those anti colic ones.. Re pump, I still hesitating between freestyle or pis(a). My gf Gt her freestyle and commented not bad.. So now I doin research so I know what to get during the next fair. even for stroller too. But looking for those can use up till toddlers like 4 -5 yrs old. Majority I see is up till 36 months.

Bewildered: ya.. They Gt two types. Classic and natural. The milk bottles also Gt limited edition (pink colour). Haha.. I saw it at the fair last sun. So far what do you think of advent milk bottles??

Buba: congratulations on your baby girl. Do avoid carrying heavy thing. It should move up. Don't worry. Do more bed rest. Till Gt 4 -5 months for the placenta to move up..

my mum only tell me don't cut on the bed. The only thing i really stop doing is to hang the laundry. Mine is those pole you hang on the ceiling. if i want to help, i just hang the clothes and get my hubby to put it up.

i think maybe when they say move furniture, means move from one place to another place permanently.

BB room i think still can wait for me coz i foresee the bb will sleep with us for the first few months. i will just shift our bed and put bb's cot by my side.

buba: dont worry too much 1st...maybe will move up later. but i have 2 gfs also low placenta both didnt move up.

shirley: i am using pigeon. cos last time hub got friend working in pigeon thus i get my pigeon stuff really cheap. but she resigned to care for grandchild already. but i will still stick to pigeon.
actually hor...anti colic stuff to me are advertisement. if u really into anti colic stuff, then u can try using the shit i forget the brand name. its wide bottle and with a stick in the bottle de. B something.

i have both freestyle and pisa pumps. personally i like my pisa more. i have a couple of gfs also prefer pisa to freestyle. freestyle is just portable..cos lightweight, but the suction not as strong. it cant clear my breasts. i need my pisa to help me clear my lumps.

strollers, have to see budget and requirement too. remember to check is it for NB 1st. some strollers starts from 4 months onwards. and weight, are u able to handle it yourself? folding all that to me doesnt matter, cos in sg is quite stroller friendly. and for me i am very garang, if i take taxi, i will either put the baby on the seat 1st while i quickly fold the stroller or i will put baby in sling 1st then i fold the stroller. its just a few minutes thing.
but for me, i will prefer a stable stroller, cos i dont wanna lug the diaper bag (can be heavy!) i will prefer it to be sturdy. thus i will recommend peg perego. go try it out. there are other lighter models like SI or pliko mini which suits newborn as well. which i find also not bad.
combi, maclaren are made in china. peg perego is made in italy. just for info...dont mean anything hor

mummies if I wanna order from babymallonline do u all wanna tag along?? but only open for may mummies... will order after Xmas when majority know gender...

Hi

Would like to intro my confinement lady who has 20 more years experience of take care baby,good cooking skills, patience and nice.

Her charges are reasonable.

Name: Auntie Xin Hua
Mobile: 90699570

I went for my detailed scan today too! I am 20w5d today and bb is 355g. Oh and confirmed to be another boy. Glad that everything is fine. Don't worry about low placenta as it is still considered early now. I had the same issue for #1 and my Gynae assured me not to worry as its only a concern towards the late part of preg. So indeed, my placenta moved up like 1+ mths later. This time round, my detailed scan show that my placenta position is not low.
Regarding strollers, I think there's no perfect stroller lah so got to see which factors are more impt for you. The more stable strollers are typically heavier but they are also bigger. The smaller ones are light and easy to manage but not as stable. I bought an Aprica for my #1 and even though my boy is too big for it now (he's 18 mths but the size of a 2-3yr old), he is still willing to sit there though i would love to upsize another for him. We have brought it overseas and it's convenient. I also like the reversible handle which was impt during the 1st few months. For the space, yes on hindsight I would have bought a Peg pero or other big strollers but I guess I have not tried managing a heavy stroller b4 so not sure how I would like it. So it's really no perfect stroller, which is why I see many of my friends ending up with 2 strollers haha.

captain piglet: yeah man...actually just have to try and see which one u like lor.
me lor...end up i have 2 strollers, one light one heavy.
i like aprica too...but its so exp!

low placenta: thank you all for your advice and assurance. i hope it will move up later. =)

baby girl!: m quite excited. started thinking of buying hairbands and clips already. hehe.

morning ladies!

went for my detailed scan yesterday and it's confirmed (at least it's written on the paper) that it's a gal...

my gal refused to move to face the sonagrapher.. in the end, was sent to walk around the hospital hoping that it will turn.. i had to drink Ribena (cos my gf says will have sugar rush and then it will turn) before it reluctantly moved a little for the sonagrapher to scan the heart..

all is well...
happy.gif
Looking forward to the arrival of the little princess

Buba and fools4love: congrats on ur princesses!! Gals are really fun to doll up. Hairbands, hairclips, pretty rufflebutts, tutus, nice ballet slippers and more!! I have one gal and one boy so far. My gal is super princessy and very "teh" to her papa. Papa has a hard time. Talk to her a lil more strictly only, she burst into tears.... I laughed when yesterday her papa asked her to "eat faster". He wasnt sure of the tone whether it wil make her cry and he ended up sounding so unsure and feeble. Lol!! Even my maid chuckled. Gals are lovely additions to our families. Enjoy your princesses!!

Mami...

my gfs say that my hubbs will 'die' in the hands of our daughter... haha!! cos he has such a soft spot for baby gals...

Comparatively, i feel that he enjoys playing with baby gals more than baby boys...

Back