(2013/02) March 2013

blurbabe,

no leh, im working, but if too serious, i will tell boss im going hm.. cos i badly need my bed .. sitting up is terrible..

Hearing all the girls here on MS, makes me worried. I saw how my sis-in-law gone through the terrible MS. I'm 5weeks+, 1st time preggie. Not much happening except feeling bloated (I had have gastrits before. So this feeling is similar to that. Still can take it). Can still eat whenever I like. Hopefully this stays.

blueswimmercrab > I think better check with ur gynae if ok to travel to HK. How is ur MS? For my first preg, I went to HK when i was 5th week, I almost cried cos the smells along the streets of HK is dusty plus the smell of smelly tofu makes me puke non stop hehehe.

As for gynae, best to choose someone that is strongly recommended by friends (preferably recommended by 2 friends at least). For me, all along i prefer a male gynae.

My experience with first gynae is a NIGHTMARE - I have to be on water parade most of the time, meaning i have to keep drinking water before I can see the gynae so that he can scan the baby. 2ndly he is so packed that the waiting time is at least 2-3 hrs which is madness and 3rdly, his advise sucks and very conservative, will just give me duphaston to take which causes severe MS.

So I change to my current gynae upon recommendation from my friends. To me, he is good because he is patient and he cares a lot for the mother. Most importantly when I read his profile, he is experienced in high risk pregnancy, especially since you never know what will happen during pregnancy and true enough, for my first pregnancy, I got into a car accident and my water bag broke and I almost miscarried but luckily everything turns well and he even took initiative to write a letter for me so that I can claim against the insurance successfully. He doesnt overbooked himself so that my waiting time is normally less than an hour and most importantly, I do not need to drink water like mad. His equipment is good enough to scan the baby whichever weeks it may be. But he is not someone who will manja you etc but overall I really feel comfortable with him and I think that is the most important. To see a gynae that you feels the most important. So take your time to ask around and finds the gynae u feels most comfortable and most imptly, do not require you to wait long for each appointment. I just feel that gynae visits should not be painful.

Naddy> haha pai seh, sadly yes, i got this problem. Think needs to talk to my gynae again.

Lovebyte: Welcome.. you 2nd mummy too?

For mummies giving birth in TMC (esp 2nd timer), did you hear feedback about TMC standard has droopped. First the caterer that supplies the delicious confinement food has been discontinued and they change to another new caterer where the quality of the food is not as good as previous ones plus the quality of the nurse seems to deterioriate. My bro's friend who give birth in TMC, rings the bell and the nurse only appears 15 min later.

For me, my gynae is based in TMC so no choice but really sian to read that the standard seems to have deterioriated.

i am really really really hoping that this is the peak of my ms already. i'm gonna die of it, if that's possible.

sunflower - what kind of music do u listen to?

vomit gang - do you run to the toilet every time u need to puke? tomorrow i'm going back to work so i need to figure out what to do. my toilet is quite a distance but i dont want to gross out the people seated near me. worse still, if i'm in class.

Beanbean, if you've a gynae, his/her nurse will remind you that you're due for Oscar. Some put it in a way like you no choice must do Oscar, but some will let it you know that it's optional.

Venus_Mars: Yup 2nd Time Mummy too!

The confinement food during my stay at TMC was superb. If the standard has drop then also no choice cos of my choice of gynae.

naddy,

i run to toilet, but must peep to see if other cubicles got pple or not so not to puke so loud..haha imagine already cannot take it still must keep a low profile.. i listen to love songs , both eng and chin..

Gynae,

i choose hospital first, then choose gynae according to recommendations. i prefer KKH just in case of high risk complications. every pregnancy is different, so just wan to be on a safe side. but i think most impt is u are comfortable with the gynae , professionalism too.

Travelling
i think its up to u if u are comfortable to travel. Some pple like me, refused to travel during 1st trimester , epecially when pregnancy is unstable yet. Given such a hard time to deal with appetite, smell, mood and morning sickness, so why not stay in comfort zone than to travel. But if u are comfortable, u can still travel, just dont over tired urself or doing adventurous tasks.

hi all mummies, i've just tested positive at home.
Based on my LMP date, think i'm 3 weeks only.
Am thinking to wait 2 more weeks before i book appt with gynae.
This is my 2nd, my first is a boy & already 3. So hoping for a girl this time.

Naddy, for me, halfway through my meal, i already feel tt the volcano is erupting. So i will go to the toilet immediately after meals and Woala watever goes in comes out. Haa.... snacking is still not so bad. It's the main meals that are terrible and unbearable.

If your toilet is far, standby a plastic bag with you always. If toilet is too far, see if you can find a nearer classroom which is empty.

Naddy, if you feel like puking, just go to toilet immediately to puke. For me, I will sometimes use my finger :)p) to make myself puke out more because I know I will feel better after puking. I realise if I sit at my desk and wonder if I should puke, I feels even worse hehe. Sometimes I sneak to the toilets at other levels to do the puking haha

Lovebyte: sigh true, no choice if our gynae only does delivery in TMC

Michelle.. welcome, i am also aiming for a girl. Hope both of us have girls for our 2nd bb
happy.gif

Ladies, you can request for your gynae to let you listen to the heartbeats. It is very very fast i.e 2 times of ours. Mine was at 178pm yesterday. Ideal heartbeat should be more than 100pm.

hi venus_mars: my ms been manageable to date. sitting in cars make me feel little sick, but no throwing up so far. can still eat most stuff, although the smell of raw food and stale coffee make me feel pukish. not sure if i am still in the early stages that is why (now i am about 7 weeks).

on gynaes, i haven't yet broken the news to my friends so don't have recommendations as yet. but i know one was seeing dr lek (keegenation's), one was seeing wong meng. thought i woudl prefer a female gynae but i think now i just want a cool, collected and experienced one that can make me feel at ease.

oh well! but no risk to baby for travelling? figured hk has advanced healthcare so not too bad

the thing is i have cravings yet there are so many things i cannot eat. i'm part of the vomit gang as well. always have a plastic bag with me - in case. don't think i'll have enough time to rush to the toilet.

anyways, hope you girls have had a good lunch. i've been eating ever so slowly.

my ms starts when i was at week 4 and i only felt nausea then. Now at wk 8 and i think should be peak coz minimal food intake (whatever goes in comes out) and with bad constipation.

yo mummies,
Im going for my 6th week scan in 45mins!!! soooo excited!!!!
could only see sac last week.. hoping to see the twinkle twinkle little star heart beat today :D

i have been LS-ing the whole day.. been LS-ing since last week.. and ALOT of wind!! kept passing gas ;x

hey mommies to be

will like to recommend you my confinement lady, Huang Tai, she has done confinement for me in Apr 2012. She is dedicated, experienced and fantastic! here is her blog, that you can refer to http://confinement2011.blogspot.sg/

do book her early as she is very popular!
she can be contacted at 83090545
singapore pr, thus need no permit to work
happy.gif

Hi gals, I just came back from my 1st gynae appt!

I'm onli 5 weeks and still cannot hear heartbeat~~ so going back in 2 weeks time~

Meanwhile started on folic and vits~~

Today's ms din come to me~ in fact good appetite today~ hope it continues......

Hi ladies... I cant wait for my next visit to the gynae in two weeks time. I just came back fr hk, was there over the weekend.... Cldnt enjoy much coz no appetite... I can only eat small meals. nice food in front of me oso no appetite. Turbulance was so bad when we fly back due to the typhoon, im glad bb's ok so far..... For those who plan to travel in 1st trim, even though you can take extra care of urself, rem there is nothing you can do if you face flight turbulance.. We r not sure how this might affect bb. For me i only know my heart was racing thruout the flight. Just my personal exp on travelling......

Brand new 2011 Peg Perego switch compact in orange colour, bought during March 2012 Taka baby fair at $799 (with receipt to prove purchase) now selling at $699,interested parties pls sms/whatsapp me at 96679993.

*Current Taka baby fair selling $799 too but limited colours left
*Brand new never use at all before cos baby not born yet, I am due only in Sept
*Reason for selling cos eyeing another stroller

http://us.pegperego.com/babyproducts-catalog/2011/Pliko+Switch+Compact

7324910.jpg

Sad.. Still no hb.. But sac grew.. Gynae says I'm earlier than 5 weeks so the machine refuses to gimme an estimated edd n weeks..
Having cramps today after teaching for the whole day.. ^5 Naddy, I'm a teacher too!! So gynae gave me a hormone jab and I must say its the worst n most painful jab I ever had in my life!!!!!!! The needle just stays in there and took so long.. Was agonizing
sad.gif
but anything for my little one
Feeling blue.. Didn't know it's so early on.. Coz LMP is 10th June so by right should b ard 6 weeks according to calculator.. Gynae said I very zhun, went to monitor menses thats why tested positive so early.
And once again, they encouraged me to stop breastfeeding
sad.gif

Hey blueswimmercrab, ya me feel more comfy with female doc too... A bit paisay with guy

Celtbaby, u did Oscar for your 1st? Dunno wan to do a not..

my gyane said if i wanna do the test, she will schedule me on week 12th.... am seeing her on my week 9th to ensure bb is growing well and at the same time, let her know of my decision to do oscar... my hub wants me to do...

Berry, im also seeing my gynae at week 9.... But previously he did not mention anything abt oscar at all. I ve to chk with him when i see him next.

Thanks venus mars! How old is your first?

Am still thinking to go back to my first gynae at TMC or another gynae near my place now.

@ Nana mum, how old ur child now? I thought its ok to breastfeed your baby even if your pregnant? Any reason why they encourage u to stop?

celt: ha! 1 day after u... i think by then i'm around 9 weeks + hopefully next visit can be more sure the number of weeks. cause i don't have a 28 days cycle for menses, so hard to catch.

Berry, i shd be also ard 9wks. My last visit i was 6w1d. Back then i tot i was already 7wks coz my lmp was 29may. I do not ve a 28days cycle too, mine ranged fr 30 to 34days. But nvm which week la, as long as baby cont growing n healthy we very happy le... Hee.

celt: hahaha same la!!! so we should be around the same range... wanna faster end the 1st trimester.... hope the nauseous feeling goes away soon... and of course i not so tired....

Nanamum -^5!

My lmp was 24 may but i'm still considered w8. It's soooooo slow moving. Like each time i check the calendar, it's w8, w8, w8. Sigh.

Seeing you ladies going for checkup makes me excited too! But hubby too busy to give me his schedule..

I think my ms is kinda weird.. At work, I have no problems choosing what to eat.. But when I go home for dinner, I just cannot stand the veggie dishes cooked by my mil.. See, smell and taste makes me wanna puke and lose my appetite.. Plus I need spicy food or meat.. If not no appetite..
sad.gif
anyone similar?

Any recommendation for maid agency in the west? Planning to get one to cope..

Morning Ladies,

We are midweek to the weekend!!! YAY!!!
I just had a tuna sandwich for breakfast and I feel like I've not eaten yet -_-. This pregnancy is bad for my waistline!!! I'm constantly HUNGRY!!! GGGrrrrr!! But eat too full then feel abit gao wei also...

Pinky_J: SAME!!! All i feel like eating is flavoursome food like I've been thinking about tomatoe based pasta for the past 3 days already. If not I want curry or abit spicy kind of food. Hot & Sour soup is on the list too. =)

Really cant wait for the weekends... Feeling super duper tired today, i slept at 10pm last still tired.. Then nw i can't decide what to ve for breakfast.... dun feel like eatg anything...

Hi mommies! I actually posted last night but strangely I don't see my post at all..

Nvm.. I'm in 7 weeks and ms is on and off. Pinky, last night I coldn't take broccoli that mil cooked also. I preferred the brised duck and ate lots. haha.. dunno why i suddenly dislike veg.

I am eating lots too! I canot believe the amt of food I am taking in! had 2 mini bread this morning and now i just bought bee hoon!! OMG!

Morn ladies, just eaten some bread for breakfast, they ended up in toilet bowl. Can't wait for weekends too!

juz eaten my mac breakfast.. hope late dont waste go to the toilet bowl..

drinking orange juice to help relief MS now...

It's only 9am and I'm thinking of breakfast already =)

Mum packed lunch for me which means HEALTHY tasteless food. Sigh... Its not that i'm ungrateful but really i need some flavoursome food. I feel bad not eating it but eat also I'll feel not shiok...

morning mummies!!! me also easily hungry and the tummy bloated like 3mth but only 6wk..tis wkend gg to see dr again for bb hb..

I'm thinking to drink ginger green tea to get rid of the air so bloated..even keep farting also no use sian

hi blessbaby, not sure about that but spotting is common during the implementation process. but after that, you should really call up your gynae if it persists!

hallo everyone! i had peanut butter with chocolate today. just one slice. feeling really tired from a late night drive out to satisfy my carving of fast food!

Like some, I also constantly hungry.. After a full meal, i will feel hungry after 2 to 3 hours.. Will snack after that till my next meal. Super unhealthy.. Bah.. After #1 I gained 13kg from constant eating..
sad.gif
cannot afford to do the same this pregnancy.. My BMI alr considered obese.. Bahhh.. Having 2nd breakfast now..

Back