2012 Twins

Hi serene
Oh... Why u say is confirm boys at 25th wks? Tts why i thot urs confirm at 25th wk.. Hee...as mine at 20th scan is two gals then the next scan at 22th wk, gynea say one of them seems to be boy and yet to confirm... He wants be to go for the growth scan to confirm bb sex.. So i am worried as why at 22nd wk still cant confirm bb sex.. So i thot urs only confirm at 25th wk too....

Hi gals
Is pregnancy pillow to support tummy useful for us twin mummies?

Hi beautifulseeds
Can i check with u for forscam cameras, it comes with how many cameras in a package at $140? Thk u...

baby movement: monitor daily. as long as they kick once a day at a particular hour should be fine.

pregnancy pillow: i swear by it. I got a 2nd one after my first big flopsy pillow spoilt 2 yrs ago for my no 1. I definately need it even though i am not preggy..makes my sleep so comfortable wrapping my entire body and supporting my huge tummy back then. after tat i use it for breastfeeding and let my no 1 boy sleep on it after feeding..

i tink twin baby gender are harder to see as they are always in an awkward position and hard to see. For my no 1 , my gynae can even confirm at week 12.

Hi beautiful seed,
The milk ratio was told by my CL but the tin say is 90ml 3 scoop.. Reali stress with these 2 cry bb. I dun hav time to pump up till 5 times I will skip the midnite pump as my boy need carry. Only manage pump 3 times in the day so nw supply getting low stress me again. This is only the first mth n CL going back soon I dun knw if jus me n maid alone can handle..

Dear mummies, im 13 weeks pregnant with twins, can someone recommend me good gynae at reasonable price. can share with me hospital bill? Am currently seeing Dr Chan Kong Hon at Gleneagles but my each visit cost me $500! and he has no package. i search on forum on his charges, others with single baby paying 200-300 each visit and 2600 for single bb c-section with him. i wonder do all gynae charges more for twins.

Hi Winky.

I am currently seeing a gynae at Gleneagle also. He did not charge me higher just cos I have twins. $500 per visit is a lot.

Will you like to try my gynae instead?

Hi Joanne,
The foscam camera cost $140 each. Not sure if the discounted price is still on ornot. You can check out the FOSCAM forum thread. Mine is Foscam FI8918W, the model that can pan & tilt (controlled remotely using mobile device/PC).
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5456944.html?1314756210

Hi eabb,
Are you using double pump? cos it's more efficient as it cut down pumping time by half. I spent only abt 20-30mins for each pumping session. If you feel engorged means u have milk just that you are not clearing it properly. Make sure u dun try not to let it get engorged too badly cos might become infection (mmastitis), which might need operations to draw out pus.
For soothing crying bbs, i introduced pacifier when they were 1 week old. At least it helps to stop their crying.

Hi winky,
I was with Dr Watt Wing Fong from Raffles. My first 2 visits were about $300 each time and i visited her once every 2 weeks. She also doesn't have package for twins. So thru my ex-colleague's recommendation, i switch to Dr Yu Su Ling at SGH. I was more comfortable with her than Dr Watt. She's a senior consultant and also the head of the CARE clinic (SGH's IVF clinic). Therefore she's vert experienced with twins/triplets pregnancy. She encouraged me to go for natural birth (my twin 1 was head down & twin 2 breech) and i hung on till 37 weeks. For each visit, i pay abr $70-$80 for consultation. As my twins were sharing 1 placenta, i had to go for detailed scans to monitor growth every 2 weeks and this cost abt $110 each time. The scans for twins pregnancy are done by Snr Consultant Dr Tan Wei Ching and sometimes by visiting consultant Dr Tony Tan (from Raffles hospital). I'm glad that i was well taken care by experienced Drs yet dun have to pay a huge price for it. Restructured hospital has some subsidy from govt even though i chose private A class.

welcome winky,

i am with Dr Ho Hon Kwok from Mt Alvernia. He is very good, i am with him in this 2nd pregnancy too. Only thing is he doesnt do detail scan for twins. So i will go to TMC for a day scan. My visits are usually ard $150-$300 depending on the supplements given or if there are any blood tests. Each scans with consultations are ard the same for beautifulseeds, ard $70-$80 per consultation. So its quite ok. I also visit the doc every 2weeks in Trimester 1. Now trimester 2, every 3-4 weeks. I was very well taken care of by Dr Ho for my no 1, i had natural birth and walked to the toilet right after 3hrs of delivery. I felt no pain at my stitches and i recovered with my stitches with no scar within 1 week.

Hi eabb, crying babies are common for newborns. like beautifulseeds, i introduced pacifier almost immediately and my son could self soothe. For breast milk, do note that a relax and happy mum produces more milk. So dun stress out too much. If not enuf milk , just supplement lah, most importantly is a happy mum will have happy babies.

Hi Joanne. Sorry for the v late reply.

2nd trimester scan:
My 2nd trimester detailed scan done about 1.5 weeks ago went well. Both babies growing well, one baby's abt 420g and the other, 360g. Checks on fingers, toes, heart chambers all appear normal, thank goodness. Healthy babies r all i ask for.

Babies' sex:
I knew my 1st twin's sex v early, ard my 1st trimester detailed scan (week 11). Knew the 2nd twin's sex at my 2nd detailed scan (week 20/21). Both are boys
happy.gif
. Think boys easier to confirm cos of their 'little bro'. Girls r a little more tricky, i heard. Btw I've not heard of the 25/28 week detailed scan, i asked my gynae's nurses, was told the 2nd trimester detailed scan is the last detailed scan...

Sleeping position:
I rotate between left/right sides to be fair to both babies. I started to feel their kicks more prominently fm week 21 (yes, now whenever i sleep on either side, that twin will kick tho still not v strong). The pregnancy pillow definitely works for me! i also wear the support belt, helps me work more confidently.

Hospital to deliver at:
My gynae delivers at Mt E. However, she suggested that i consult with a public hospital gynae at the same time. This way, should it be pre-term delivery, i am already registered at the public hospital and can deliver there, NICU costs will be much more manageable. I thot it is a very gd idea, so I will be rotating my consultations between my pte gynae and one at SGH.

Enuf act me. How r your twins doing, did your 2nd trimester detailed scan already? I jus started working fm home today. A bit lonely, but a lot better cos I dun hv to walk around so much...

Hi ladies.

I'd like to check how your gynae charges.

My gynae is v ex, i feel. She does not have prenatal packages, so I pay per visit. And the best part is, I am charged for 2 units for scanning each visit - cos I have twins! i.e. $200 jus for scanning, $100 per baby.

Do your gynaes have prenatal packages? And are you charged for 2 scans each time becos of twins?

hmm..i just checked my reciepts..nope..i am not charged for 2 scans..just 1 scan..i mean its the same "frame" mah..so why 2 scans just becos there are 2 persons in 1 picture...

Hi All,

Would like to leave my email add here for those mummies looking for confinement lady. My mum has more than 19 years of experience. Interested kindly email to [email protected]. Slots available from August 2012 onwards. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. :)

Regards,
Peggy

Thks gals for ur reply..

Hi beautifulseeds
How many camera included when u buy the set? Oso, need to drill hole to install camera right? Thk u.

Hi gals who has already give birth or in 3rd trimester,
Will gynea order bed rest fr 30th wk onwards since i feel my tummy is growing quite big now n worry will i be able to walk by 30th week? Now only 23rd wk n feel so bloated like mothers who r at 36th wk so am quite worry.. I hope they can stay inside till near to full term then deliver them.. Thk u for any advise..;)

Hi pooh2
Am fine but one of bb sex not confirm yet. Anyway, going for the growth scan at wk25... Pray hard tt both of them r growing well now...;) wah, u start stay at hm now, so nice... Is ur tummy very big too?

Warded to tmc on Monday night for two minute interval contractions. Luckily managed to stop and no dilation yet. Going to kkh to follow up in case pre term as recommended by my gynae. Was given 2 steroid injections to mature bb lungs. Hoping to hang on till 37 weeks.... Carrying twins really tough. All mothers must hang on!

Hi pooh2,
you can refer to my earlier post on my gynae's cost at sgh. No package though, but affordable. I was concerned abt premature bbs that's why went to sgh as there's NICU facility, but chose A1 class. Luckily i hanged on till 37 weeks & delivered naturally w assisted vacuum. So my total bill (inlc bbs) was abt $6k. The nurses are very nice at the ward, experienced and pro breastfeeding. Did not have pleasant experience with KKH gynae & their A class ward nurses for my first preg.

Hi Joanne,
i bought 2 foscam. One placed in the kitchen & the other in living room as these 2 areas are where the maid often will be doing house chores. i think if u go to the foscam website, can view the demo. But not using them alr since decided not to have maid and we hsve enrolled our gals at infant care.

At later stage, if you are feeling tired with ur big tummy, can ask dr to give u MC/hospitalisation leave to rest at hm. Dr usually very generous to giv MC for twins preg. My gynae recm me to rest from week 32 onwards but I only take 1 week MC at week 33 but went back to work at 34. Only started full rest at hm from week 35 onwards. I'm those kind who cant stay hm do nothing.

Hi serene
How r u? Btw, how u know u hv contraction pain when at home? But if ur gynea is at tmc, and when u go kkh, u gonna see another new gynea? Heard tt john tee is gd in kkh for multiples.. So u may want to see him.. I quite worry abt preterm too as though i am only at wk 23 but my tummy looks like wk 36 of singleton pregnancy.. Worried.. As later stage, bbies will grow faster n bigger right?

Hi beautifulseeds
Is ur tummy very big too when at 3rd trimester? I feel my two legs is weak at night as try hard to support my weight.. Hope i can carry them to full term...

Btw, the $140 is for only one camera right? Does it include installation? If got drill hole, think i can only buy after give birth as pantang...;)

Oh.. Admire u still can work at wk34.. Me intend to start rest at wk31 too and asks hospital leave fr gynea? Since got limited mc...

May i know why u rather send them to infant care instead of hire maid as hire maid is cheaper than infant care pricing right? How much is ur infant care charges? Thk u so much for ur advise..;)

Hi, I am a March mummy who gave birth to twin boys, I would like to share my experience with my confinement lady – Aunty Lilian

Before we confirmed on our CL, the main criteria is to be able to take care of 2 babies and mother at the same time, which Aunty Lilian claimed she can and have many experience handling twins.

I have to admit that 1st week I was quite impressed with her, partly cos I didn’t know CL actually cover so much work! Apart from taking care of babies and me, prepare confinement food, she also cook for my hubby and family members who dropped by to visit me at least once a week. Other than cooking, she also covered almost all housework, laundry, cleaning toilets, kitchen etc…and lastly bathed and massage for me! Have to credit her performance esp for e 1st week, cos night feeding for twins really not easy.

However, her “battery” seems to drop after 1st week and when my maid arrived. Before we confirmed her, I actually wanted to bargain her fees as we would be hiring maid to help her and also learn from her. As she said she would help us to train our maid, we agreed not to lower her price. But after maid arrived, which we tot her workload could be shared and expected her to focus more on taking care of e twins, she herself started to slack….1 very god example, my twins are actually non-identical, my maid could differentiate them within a week, but Aunty Lilian till now (3rd week) can still recognize them wrongly, even have to ask my maid which baby is which! And there were even 2-3 times she fed the wrong baby and both hubby and I caught her few times dozing off when feeding the babies middle of the night.

There are also some of her logics which turn us off, 1 of my babies seem to have phlegm when we started to switch him to half formula milk. Aunty Lilian claimed that phlegm was partly caused by the formula milk which she said was too “thick” for e baby, so she insisted for an amount of 80ml of milk, just put 60ml worth of powder to dilute the formula. My hubby and I actually have question abt this as it make our baby cried for milk less than 3 hrs, after raised up the question to her for a few times, Aunty Lilian said she leave e decision to us BUT started to tell us how baby would throw up and choked at middle of the night if formula milk never diluted, end up we gave in….

And there is another issue which I personally not very happy with, 1 of my babies is on full breastmilk while the other we alternate with formula, so I have to pump every 2-3 hrs to maintain the supply (that baby not good at latch on yet) and also let another baby to latch on to stimulate after I pump. Sometimes when babies are still awake or crying at night, Aunty Lilian would push to ask me to let them latch on in order to put them to sleep, even they were just fed less than an hr ago! If she is going to ask me to breastfeed them everytime they are awake or crying, what for she keep a record of their feeding time and amt and asked the maid to follow?

Hubby and I are considered as “qing cai ” or rather lenient as we would just let e CL do things her own way, no matter what she cook or what she eat. We understand that taking care of twins is tiring, so often I would not asking CL or maid to do anything for me in afternoon and chase them to take nap and rest, so they won’t be too tired for night feeding. But since we are paying Aunty Lilian more for twins, at least basic standard have to meet and make sure she deserves the pay. But from her performance after week 1, my hubby and I really feel that we overpaid her, esp the part which she cannot recognize the babies is really ridiculous! Overall, Aunty Lilian is good as a CL for single baby, but for twins, there is definitely more room for improvement!

Right now, Aunty Lilian is still with us and will leave after 1 more week, I just hope I can pick up as much in order to handle my twins after she is gone.

Hi Ladies, didnt know there is a Twins thread! Great to be able to read from you and learn new things as i am nuts about this whole thing being my first time! I am in 9 weeks only, under Dr SF Loh at TMC.

Joanne! *wave madly* hehehe
happy.gif

Hi winky, I just delivered my twin boys in mid March with the help from my gynae from TMC, Jocelyn Wong.

I was seeing Dr Karolyn Goh from Raffles during my 1st trimester, I have been seeing her even before I was pregnant for irregular menses and womb cyrst issues earlier on, so actu she did help us in conceiving the babies. I stayed with her until 3rd mth when my babies were stable (previously had abnormal bleeding and was on medication and injection for few weeks), she actually suggested me to try other gynae my friends recommended because she know Rafflles charges is higher.

So from 3rd mth onwards, i switched to Jocelyn Wong at TMC whom my friends recommended. She indeed is a caring and kind lady who is very encouraging, but hers v long Q even u have made appt. She had left my hubby and I a very good impression since our 1st visit, just like Dr Karolyn!

As all of u know, twins are usually premature and in my case, Dr Jocelyn was afraid might even earlier cos i am very small size. So since 28th or 30th weeks onwards, Jocelyn has been giving me MC and ask me to rest at home, so for the whole of Feb, i was at home resting. I was given some pills to ease my pre-term contraction and also given the injection to boost babies lung system in case premature.

Surprisingly, i was able to drag until 37th week and also our chose date, Jocelyn told me after operation that i was actually 4 cm dilated but i didnt realise =P

For both Raffles and Jocelyn Wony at TMC, there is no package for twins, even hospital stay. Cost per visit is around 200 with scanning and sometimes vitamin supplements. What I can suggest is if u are delivering at TMC, can apply e FBI card which can have some discount for growth scanning and ward charges when u deliver. =)

Hi shinko
Thks for sharing ur long story.. Really good to read fr ur experience.. U mean u start rest on bed since wk 28 to wk37? Gynea gives u mc or hospital leave as i dun think i hv enough mc to last so many wks..;) how much weight u put on n how big are ur bbies at birth? Btw, at wht week do u start take the contraction pills - Nifedipine and injection? Thk u for ur advise...

Hi heartbeat
Welcome..;) wave madly back...

Hi serene
U mention the stop contraction pills is it Nifedine? At what week u start to eat this pills? Take care..

Hi Joanne,
ya, i started to rest at home after CNY,my gynae actu gave me 1 mth MC but i didnt use that in the end, cos according to my company policy, it'll be treated as maternity leave. But as I have many unused annual leave from last yr, so i just cleared my annual leave which lasted me about a mth. After my last yr annual leave was all used up, i didnt apply anymore leave also, cos my boss was quite lenient, she closed 1 eye despite e fact that i didnt show up in office (my job nature dont really require us to go office everyday =P)

I gained abt 7-8 kg in total, babies were 2.3kg and 2.5kg respectively, so e weight gained all go to e babies, and now 3 weeks after i delivered, i am actu lighter than before i was preggy! i have been eating alot during confinement, so maybe breastfeed helps! =P

Gynae gave me e contraction pill in mid Feb so that was abt 32 weeks? i only took e pills when i feel cramped, and 20 pills lasted me till 2nd weeks of March.

Hi Shiko
Thk u for ur kind advise..;) lucky u hv so many days leave... Wah... U r so lucky to put on only 7-8kg..;) me already put on 4kg at 23rd wk.. Hope dun exceed 10kg too..
Btw, is breastfeeding sufficient for both bbies? My mum say i may need formula milk since may not hv enough milk for both.. U do half awake for ur c sect?

Hey Joanne,
I think i gained abt e same weight as u when i was 5+ mth also..ha

anyway right now my supply only enough to provide full breastmilk for 1 baby, e other baby is on half formula...But ironically, that baby who is on full breastmilk can't latch on v well so i pump out for him, while e other baby who is on half formula milk sucks better, so i let him latch on sometimes after i pump to stimulate...=P

yes, I did local anaesthesia (half awake) for my c-sect cos hubby wanna accompany me and be e 1st to see babies. From what i know, hubby cannot go in if u opt for GA.

Thks Shinko
U deliver in tmc? I am abit confuse for c sect, if we want half awake, still need epidural? Btw, gynea choose to deliver u at 37th wk or ur contraction starts? At what wk of pregnancy tt u start to take the injection to mature bbies lung? How u sleep at night? As i worry will hurt them if sleep on my left or right..;) am start to feel so heavy at wk23.. Really worry abt preterm delivery.. My wristline already coming to 41".. Very big hor..;p glad most of my weight goes to bbies too.,;) thls so much for ur advise n prompt reply..;)

@joanne
is it so confused? @.@ c-sect there's 2 types:
1)full sleep/GA - husband cannot accompany
2)half awake/epi - husband can accompany (if no epi, how to cut ur stomach when u awake? sure pain -.-")

hi joanne,
$140 is only for one camera. Dun have to drill holes, just put on table will do. But need to place the camera near a power point. u can see the pic of camera at the foscam website.
my tummy considered bigger than singleton preg. started having backache in 2nd tri. But i still can go shopping. even fly to KL when i was 20+ week. I couldnt walk much once in 3rd tri. every day my hubby will drive me & fetch me from work. Only walked from entrance to my office. Lunch time only walk to in-house canteen.

I've bad experience with 2 maids. Luckily, the maid came in 2 mths before i gave birth. fresh indonesia maid, no experience, have to train from scratch. train her 3 weeks, still dunno how to read time. how to help take care of bbs at night? Then next, we engaged a ex-sin maid. Dun have to train much but no manners. dun greet us gd morning, back face us when we talk to her, want to do things her own way, etc. having a maid sometimes give us more headache cos i have to take care of her. Cost of hiring maid can be ard $800 (salary + MOM levy + food + toiletries + medical fees when she fall sick). Plus my mum has to stay at my hm to help take care together with maid. Infant care cost abt $600+ (after MCYS subsidy) per baby. If use CDA account, i only fork out $350 cash per bb (govt match dollar to dollar). $350 x 2 = $700. So infant care cost less $ and no stranger at hm
happy.gif
Just that first 2 months, bbs will wake up at night for milk, so need more help/manpower at hm. but slowly as they grow bigger, they will sleep for longer hrs. my gals now can sometimes sleep for 10hrs straight. Of cos i visited a few infant care centres before deciding on the current one. My first skool (linked to NTUC) is very structured & organised. They have bigger compound & more professional teachers compared to others.

@Joanne,

ya, I delivered @ TMC, like what Joops said, i think there r only 2 types for c-sect, i took e epi and dun worry, u really cant feel anything after they injected e epi...u will just feel numb, tho during e process u may feel they r pushing ur stomach, but that's all!

and for e delivery date, we chose e date after consulted my gynae, as it hits 37th wk, my gynae agreed to wait and try our luck tho she was afraid my water bag might burst before that, that's y she gave me e contraction pills. But from mid Feb onwards, other than inconsistent cramp sometimes, i felt no contraction, so actu i din experience e real contraction or water bag break. But was told by gynae that on e day of c-sect, i actu 4 cm dilated already which i didnt realise at all, i tot just cramping, gynae said maybe my tolerance lvl was high...haha..i remembered i took e injection to boost babies lung ard last 2 visits to my gynae, so shd be 35th or 36th wk?

regarding e sleeping position, i checked with gynae bf, dont need to afraid u might hurt them, they r protected by water bag. Think since 4 mth onwards, i couldn't sleep with facing up already, hv to sleep sideway, either left or right, and there were even few times i woke up middle of night feeling breathless, have to wake hubby up and asked him to help me to sit up >.<

where will u be delivering?

Hi Joops
Fr what i know fr hospital charges, there r one more is c sect with spinal which am not sure what tt means. Hence thot for half awake can hv other alternatives beside epidural, thats why asks lor...

Hi beautiful
Thks so much for ur detail advise.. Hv confirm a maid yesterday and she will be in one wk later.. Hope i am lucky enough to get a gd maid.. Really it boils down in luck..

Hi Joanne,
Its my first preg so I know nuts abt contractions.. All I know is I woke in middle of night with bad tightening on the tummy, accompanied by cramps that are consistent and doesn't go away for an hour. I'm given dephaston and nifedipine at 31 weeks due to two min interval contractions. Will continue the med till I give birth. After following up at kkh, really agree that the standard of the nurses in terms of their efficiency and attitude really cannot make it compared to tmc. Very inconsiderate and rude but no choice cose scared pre term. Will be at kkh till I managed to pass 34 weeks as recommended by my tmc gynae. He already referred my to his ex colleague, June tan. I think she is very nice and experienced lady.

Beautiful seed,
Im using single pump din think so much during purchase.
Pacifier I giv in week 2. CL ask me use sarong so they sleep better but I insist cot. Nw that she left I only get 3 Hr sleep per day as I'm taking nite shift and maid onli help when both cry. Think I have to giv up bf soon as I really have no engery n time to pump. My bbs can't sleep at nite they dun seems to knw when is day n nite.

Hi Joanne,
Yah, i agree hiring maid really depends on luck. My SIL was lucky to 2 gd maids. 1 fresh indonesian &amp; another who has previously work for the family. Just that i'm not as lucky.. But i'm happy with the current status as we have more freedom &amp; privacy
happy.gif

Hi eabb,
My SIL's twins also couldnt sleep well, so introduced sarong. it really helps. at least they slept for longer hrs. Night time they sleep in cot. My mum also say last time when we were young, she also let us sleep sarong. bb feel more secured. usually she'll transfer bb from sarong to mattress after bb fall asleep. So not much issue.
My bbs also cant differentiate day &amp; night at first. But we help them by setting a schedule for them. Daytime, wake them up for milk every 3 hrs. I've read that if bbs take more milk in day time, they can store the energy &amp; night time not so hungry, wont wake up so often. I also try play with them, talk to them to keep them awake in the afternoon and let them sleep on rocker. Night time, when feeding them, i don't switch on the light and don't talk to them as afraid they might be overstimulated.
Dun be so stressed with bf. Just do your best. Our generation, our mummies also dun bf. but we still grow up healthy &amp; stronger. heehee.. Most impt is your health. If you too tired out, them end up also no energy to care for your bbs. Don't miss out on the happy &amp; lovely moments with your twins now.. they grow up very very fast ;)

hi joanne and serene: dun worry too much abt contractions as perhaps this is ur first pregnancy. its not like those in the movies where the actresses yell their lungs out. You only do that when u are close to pushing the babies out if no epidural after many hours of contractions. Otherwise its more like hardening of tummy, menses like cramping and comes and goes at 5-7 mins interval..and yes if it doesnt go away in a hour after walking...go see yr gynae. It is also called Braxton Hicks , pre labour contractions. Its not tat painful to me..just pure irritating as it comes and goes.

CL: cl are like tat...i had my fair share..always give all kinds of ridiculous excuses abt my no 1 when he was a newborn, one min is complain my boy dun sleep..next is that my boy dun like to burp..say until my boy like alien...no other babies like him..so difficult to look after. Plain idoit. this time round, i not getting cl, just stay with my mum. Less stress.

eabb: breastfeeding is tiring. Dun believe those tat says its a breeze its not. Dun also feel bad abt those who say u are a bad mother if you stop bf and give FM. FM babies also grow up healthily. A happy mother makes happy babies. The mental health of the mother is the most important. Do what u feel is best for u and your babies. Dun need others to dictate what u should do. I learn it the hard way.

sarong: i didnt let my son sleep on sarong at all. He was on the cot all the time. He slept well too. And he has no problems with any places that has beds, even hotels, relatives places and grandparents places. Whatever method you employ is ok, no hard and fast rule.

Hi serene
R u still staying in hospital? Hope u feel better now.. Is June Tan specialise in multiples birth? And if we go see her during 3rd trimester suddenly, is she ok with it? Thks for ur advise..;)
Oh, i already start the Nifedine n utrosgen at wk23.. Think my gynea want precaution so asks me start now., hope is ok to take the medicines for so many wks..

Hi Joleen
Thks for ur advise on braxton hicks.. Is actually my 2nd pregnancy but still worry since is twins..;p n my tummy oways hard...

Hi eabb
U can let bb sleep in sarong after full mth as beginning of month after birth may not be so gd since their head still very soft..;) r u using any electric breast pump? Jiayou!!

Hi Joanne,
I'm currently bed resting at home and the drugs really make my contractions less regular and better... At least I managed to sleep through the night. June Tan is the gynae for winnie's triplets so she specialises in multiple births. Very very nice and motherly lady. I went to see her cose gynae refer not sure she ok if u walk in. I heard if u request for specific gynae will be private rate if walk in for kkh. But for twins, kkh normally will assign someone who specialise in multiple births in third trimester.

Hi Joleen.
Thanks for checking, my gynae must be one of the few who charge for 2 scans for twins..

Hi Joanne.
Not sure if my tummy is considered 'big' but I certainly feel heavy - esp at the end of the day after all the meals. So trying to cut down on intake each meal e.g. skipping rice and just eat dishes. I look at the weight gain that you and someone else posted, and am wondering if i'm gaining too much. 2 weeks ago, when i last measured, i've already put on abt 8kg (compared to my weight b4 pregnancy) - is this considered a lot??

Hi beautifulseeds.
Your $6K spent at SGH, does it include gynae's fees as well?

Hi Pooh,
Yup, the bill is all inclusive. i.e. includes, gynae fee, 2 days hospital stay, delvery ward charges, baby's stay at special nursery (1 day), normal nursery (1 day) &amp; those consumables. Mine was a natural delivery (assisted vacuum) with epidural,

Hi ladies, I m finally back..Been so busy trying to tie up loose ends for my 2 businesses (singapore toy rental &amp; happy kids club@orchard) before I go out of action for a few months.. So many things to let go.. Sigh

How will life become after the twins arrive..?
I m in my 29 weeks already 2 identical boys same sac..
Can't. Walk much now, my Braxton hicks are quite scary! Can be 6-8 times an hr when I'm sitting standing or lying down..
Do u ladies get it so often? Dr gave med to help uterus relax

Doing finally shopping now before I really can't walk..
Been reading the poets and seems like difficult to Bf both Bb successfully? I was able to bf my no.1 successfully and hope I cAn do it too for my boys.. I will take nursing mother tea to try to boost supply but more worried abt how to Bf both at the same time.. Is it possible?

Hi Serene
I see.. Ok, i will remember the gynea name in kkh n hope i dun hv to goto kkh for delivery but tmc since my current gynea is fr tmc.. U rest well k..;)

Hi pooh2
I think is ok to increase 8kg since we r having twins.. Some singleton mummy already gain 8-10kg at 6th mth.. So no worries k..;)

Hi singapore toy
Did ur gynea prescribe u the Nifedine medicine early to prevent early contraction? Can share how u feel at 29th wk now? Tummy super hugh? When u start to get so many braxton hicks? U intend to stop working at wht week of pregnancy?? For bf, maybe u want to get the breastfriend nuring pillow where u can latch two boys together? For those deliver already, is the breastfriend nursing pillow useful?

Hi gals
Whenever i sit straight, i feel some movement in the bikini line area.. Is it we hv hurt our babies so they move? Are they really so low at that area?? Worry i hv hurt them if sit too straight.. Do u gals feel such movement at tt area too? Thk u..

Hi beautifulseeds.
Wow, natural delivery for twins is q a feat!
happy.gif

Hi Joanne.
I read tat pullin or achin sensation at bikini line area is due to e stretchin of ligaments as our uterus expands. Supposed to b normal but if it gets too painful or frequent, prob best to consult gynae.

Hey Joanna I got very intense Braxton hicks since v early like 20+ weeks but recently like even more frequent even just sitting down also Kenna Alot.. I Duno wats considered normal coz 7-8 times an hr is Alot.. Do the other twin mummies feel the same?

Even sitting for 15 mins in front of laptop I also cannot now keep getting braxton hicks so end up I just lie dw n use iPad iPhone to reply emails n do wk.. Like so useless like that right.. Sigh

When I sit up yes I feel my babies keep moving near bikini Line coz I think when sit up they got less place to move..so uncomfy? That's why I sit 15mins I Also can't tahan le

Dr gave med to help ease Braxton hicks I don't have contractions yet for now hope they dun come soon!

My boys are 800g n 1kg at 28 wks dr say normal range, anyone else abt 28wks? Care to share how heavy are ur twins? Been eating ice cream n durians to help them gain weight. I only Gained 6kg in the last 7months but at least bbs weight ok for nw..

I got a 2nd hand twin Bfg pillow hope the boys cooperate so that I can feed both together! Worse case is alt Bf n bottle feed them

Btw shall we compile a list of us here? Many mummies joining n hard to keep track, also nice to know who is at what stage so we can share with each other? If u just joined us just copy and paste the list n add on ur entry ok?

1. Singapore toy rental 29 wks 2 boys 1 sac identical twins Kkh

Posted on Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 6:49 pm:       
Btw shall we compile a list of us here? Many mummies joining n hard to keep track, also nice to know who is at what stage so we can share with each other? If u just joined us just copy and paste the list n add on ur entry ok?

1. Singapore toy rental 29 wks 2 boys 1 sac identical twins Kkh
2. Serene (shen0005) 32 weeks 2 boys 2 sacs identical twins Tmc

I read in books to go hospital if more than 6 contractions in an hr, regardless of braxton or real contractions. Which I did luckily and my gynae managed to stop my contractions. Was told that if the contractions continue, will lead to cervix dilation after which can't stop pre term labour. So to play safe, better go hospital or contact gynae if more than 6 contractions an hr.

I do feel babies move at bikini area and according to my ultrasound scan at kkh recently, one of the baby is really that low and head down. And when I was strapped to the contractions monitor at tmc, my contractions become intense when I sit up to eat on the bed. So if u gals feel uncomfortable sitting up, pls lie down as u may really be contracting.

Hi pooh
I think is baby movement than stretching of ligament as the feeling like bbies move due to uncomfy..

Hi singapore
I thot braxton hicks is similar to contraction? In prepare ourselves for delivery so it is call braxton hicks instead of real contractions.. May i know how is braxton hicks feel like?
Btw, U start to rest on bed since what week? I plan to start bed rest fr 31wk onwards, hope is reasonable?

Thks Serene for ur advise on contraction, u start experience contraction at wht wk? I hope i know it is contraction when it happens.. Later i still blur blur then jialat liao..

Hi all
Just curious, u finish buy all bbies stuff at wht wk of pregnancy?

I started having contractions at 30 weeks, got more and more serious. It's hardening of the tummy sometimes u will feel breathless at the same time.the nurse told me as long as it is not regular contractions that recur every few min it's ok. If its due to foetal movement also ok.

Hi singapore,
Just curious when ur gynae recommend to deliver the kids and through c sect right? My gynae say no later than 37 weeks for me. So its mid may for me. How about u?

Joanne - Braxton hicks is usually stomach suddenly harden not pain but uncomfty

My first gal I got contractions when going to deliver, that was really pain! N it gets more n more frequent u must time the timing between 1 contraction to another..feels like u need to go toilet n poo

I started my bed rest already coz walk or sit a bit then Braxton comes..

Serene- mine 1 sac it's higher risk wk 34-36 must deliver Liao to reduce chances of complications.. Sigh
Finally I buy everything I need Nb diapers extra clothes breast pump parts etc. Only left need to buy big tub of desitin diaper cream anyone know where to get? Hard to find big tub

Back