(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Luv, heh...is it? No wonder she looks disinterested. But she's never tired of 'chatting' think will be a talkative girl to come
happy.gif

Angel, it's your show tomorrow
happy.gif
Waiting for your good news!!

My bb turn 3 mths few days ago. A lot of changes. She can recognize ppl. She play & talk alot. When we let her watch tv she will chat so we will response to her chat. She not afraid of strangers. She can smile at them or even response to them when they "chat" with her. Mine is like heather, she get overstimulated easily. She will fuss if we leave her alone too long. In the noon she dnt sleep a lot. But if I am around her she can sleep longer, maybe is the smell. It seem that only I or my mum can pat her to sleep & only my hub or my mum can feed her and she can finish all. When I feed her she will drink to a certain amt and start playing.

Another 1 wk plus I will bk to work. I dnt feel like going bk, but yet I wa to go bk work cos I can't stay at hm with a bb. I will
feel tired & sometime feel stress. I need to relax!!

Heartbeats, my boy comes home with me last friday. And it has been an emo roller coaster. Well, it is the CL whois giving me a BIG headache... My CL can really talk and sometimes i m frightened by what she said abt my boy. I think my boy does not like the way she handle him cos he will make noise or even cry when she change his diaper n bathe him. But when i change him, he is perfectly okay. My boy smiles alot but CL said cannot smile, must cry too. Dunno wat logic... Alot of nonsense lah... To cut the story short, i m unhappy abt her level of cleanliness, the way she handle my boy n how she talk. All these were not pick up during our earlier interview with her. Haiz... We have dismissed her since sunday morning and i have been trying to handling my boy most of the time now. Like you, i am also overwhelmed, a walking zombie now, hardly have any time to sleep n rest, hv 101 thngs to do, sometimes even hv to sacrifies my pumping to take care of my boy. After being thru these, i really appreciate my parents more and love even more deeply. The reason that i engaged a CL was to let my parents rest more but when my CL left, my parents are always there to support and help me.

Bbjourney, no wonder didn't hear much fr you in fb...sorry to hear about your CL woes. Are you getting your confinement food cater for now then? At least can get this off your mum's load as the marketing and cooking is quite tedious. Don't worry about pumping, as long as you latch on well, the supply will keep coming. Maybe try alternating night shifts with your parents so you can rest more?

Faithfully, our babies are very adorable at this stage right? I find myself wanting to kiss and cuddle my girl more each day
happy.gif
Seeing her growing day by day is a blessing, makes me wonder why I need longer term planning, my happiness is right infront of my eyes
happy.gif

I'm thinking to start a routine for her soon, may follow Gina Ford's method but that'll mean lesser time to do my own stuffs. Still have a pile of books to read and home admin. But I guess eventually a somewhat-routine will make it a more organised chaos... Also will be able to avoid over or under stimulations as at this point sometimes heather can be awake for too long, ie we are too busy to put her to nap, then end up super cranky cos she's sleepy but couldnt get to sleep fr the overstimulation. My aim is to minimize her mood swings then will translate the same to her mummy
happy.gif

Tromso, my parents are cooking some simple meals n confinement food for me. They prefer to cook for me. I hv not successfully latch my boy yet as he was in the nicu from the beginning. The LC only gives me theory n i hv no practical session. I tried to latch my son at home, but i think my nipple may be too short for his liking, so i borttle feed him w my ebm. Any tips on latching? I m staying at my place now, my mum offered to stay over at nite, buti told her i can handle as i dont want her to be tired.

bbjourney, u wanna try to get another CL? u still hv a long confinement period...maybe try agency? they might hv ppl on stand by

heartbeats...jiayou...can i check if you stayed in single bedded? and if u mind sharing the cost u incurred in nicu? i need to prepare the budget if i am gg for A1...thks

tromso, hee, like u im reluctant to move back or else it will be just me handling the 2 of them, plus my mum will most likely come over and help out which i dont want as its troublesome for her.
at least my hubby stays over here as well so its not as bad.

heather is much easier now with the sleep ya, i wish sarah will be like that too. much easier on us as mummies. her cot is in the room so mainly its quiet, but then again in the day, she somehow doesnt like it. put her on tummy to sleep also cant.pat and pat in the end, she wakes up less than 5 mins.

now in fact i trying out the fisherprice bouncer and somehow she can nap in it in the hall, which is also quiet. at least gives me half hr to 45 mins of rest. she somehow startles awake and cries. was wondering what happened that gives her a fright.

tromso, previously when i went for the glenn doman flashcards talk, its not too long to flash,just very quick, 5 mins is considered good.
just that what they recommend is to flash several times a day, very short times each.

bbjourney, oh dear, no wonder hardly hear from u. seems like the CLs now really depend on luck who you get.
do try to get more rest though especially its confinement time, otherwise, it will affect your supply as well. plus you still recovering from your csec.

latching is all practice, doesnt come easily too.
you just have to keep on latching on the baby to get him used to it. probably because he was on the bottle so he needs more time to get used to the nipple as milkflow will not be as fast compared to bottle. plus the sucking is different so he might be a bit confused.

do you latch him on first before you try the bottle? in that way, he has no choice but to take the nipple first and latch on. once they keep latching on, it becomes easier for the baby.

Congrats Coolcool!!

Congrats to Angel today too!!

Babyjourney, actually since she gives you so much problems, its better to do without her, good riddance! I also on EBM, easier for me to control and i need not be the only one feeding else can die lor. I also cant rest though i m very very tired.

MC007, i didnt stay A1 leh, i took B2+ as it was too early, scared too hefty bill. I didnt use NICU also so cant help you. Mine was special care nursery which is between NICU and normal nursery so costs still manageable, less than 8k all in, i think, havent see bill.

Bbjourney, if you feel helpless with latch on, can try approaching LC at tmc L6 the parentcraft office. When I was there previously for engorgement relief, I saw 2 other mummies with their babies learning/ improving their latch ons. It's $80 per session, can also learn manual expressing same time, think I recall you asking abt this in fb. Otherwise Betty home visit is another good option.

Pierced, I've not done the Glen Doman class but I've read all his books, and forgotten 50% now lol... Indeed, it's flashing abt 3 times a day, then keep adding new stack of cards next days. I'm too lazy to practice this now, I just spread all the black white cards around the cot and Heather was very entertained during her first month. I think it should be color cards now...dragging my feet heee... I've enrolled her into Shichida but unsure if she'll be able follow the instructions and actions at such young age - 1 yr old, guess I'll have to slowly get her into the 'mood'. Did Megan like her Glen Doman classes? Do you see any improvements over time?

Same here, heather doesn't like the bedroom in the daytime, or rather she enjoys the change of scenes. I didn't get a rocker so she lies/ sits in the stroller if she's in the living room. Very convenient, can push her about depending on if she needs the fan or not haaaa... Sometimes when she's fussy and I need to wash bottles, I'll wheel her into the kitchen and keep talking to her whilst I do my chores, it works somehow
happy.gif
Sometimes we let her lie on the mat on the floor, cos she gets sick of sitting in the stroller, we try not to carry her about too much. My dad says its like transferring a heavy stone from places to places lol...not forgetting my niece now wants to be carried too cos she sees heather enjoying the luxury, faint...

It had been a long time since I last log in to this chat forum. So many mummies have popped ;) muz b having fun n tiring time taking care of e little ones ya :D

Anyway, would like to chk if there any mummies here who ivf / FT for #2? N under which Dr ?

Thanks in advance for any valuable info shared.

MC, i scare of CL liao. Have no intention to engage another one. I have another 2 weeks+ of confinement to go. I hope i can pull through.

Pierced, i think my csect wound is okay as went for my check up at Dr Loh's last saturday, everything looks ok. I am not wearing the tummy inder anymore as e binder gives me rashes (dr loh said i opposition of other pple :p ).

I tried to latch my baby after he has been transferred to the normal nursery, but the nurse just pass him to me n left. N by then, my baby is already v hungry, so after trying for awhile, i give him bottle again. Think i hv to be more diligent in latch him from now on. But i think my prov could be my nipples is short. How to make my nipple longer?

Tromso, thanks for the adise on LC. Maybe i will give Betty a call. Any idea how much she charge per visit?

Hi all...it's so great to see all the mummies of IVF here. Congratulations on having gone through the long and stressful process (to me at least). Anyway, I am currently on my 2ww on my first IVF cycle at KKH and will be going down to the hospital on 29 Oct for the BHCG test. Can anybody share if tender breasts and lower abdominal cramping are normal at 10-12 days post transfer? I have no other symptoms like spotting or nausea or whatever associated with early pregnancy. Also, even till now, i would break out in cold sweat and have the abdominal cramping if i am on my feet for more than 1 hour. I almost fainted when i reached home from a short library trip a few days ago. hahaha.
Hope to hear some of your experiences too.

Have anyone notice ur bb start to play with the saliva or sucking their own saliva? Cos mine is doing it.

Today I try something new. I can't carry Vera too long cos my arm will ache. So today wa I did is I put a cushion on my lap and place her on top facing me and slowly rock her or swing her gently to side to side... She does sleep & when she in deep sleep I will carry her up together with the cushion underneath her and place her on the bed. It can let her sleep like 30 mins or more. Of cos not forgetting to humm her fav song.

Bbjourney, you are really brave to send your CL home. My CL previously also gave me lotsa stress by making all sorts of remarks abt my BM supply. Really hated it. But I bore with it till the end of confinement because she was otherwise still okay. This time round, with an agency, at least I have the option to change CL if really cannot tahan. Hope you get as much help as you can from your family then. You need to rest well too!

Yeah, good idea to see an LC and see what they can advise on latching on. Very soon it'll become second nature to you once you get the hang of it.
happy.gif
Jiayou!!

mnadz, different ladies have different BFP symptoms. But what you shared sound very promising.
happy.gif
You can find other ladies in their 2ww too here: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5/154014.html?1351074670

Tromso, my gal is with shichida now. As I m typing u this MSG, I m attending a parents course on shichida. U need to b v v v patient and need lots of energy to b with her in shichida class. I get v vv v v v tired after her class eAch session. Same thing the teacher is v tired. In my view it's tough! I readjust my gal feeding and sleeping time ... I would suggest bb should only attend after 9mths where they can sit still.

Hi Catherine, u joined the Oct class? They called me too. But only slot is a 8am Sunday class!! So I rejected n now waiting for Jan class.. What do u do in the class?

8am?! U got the slot at Toa Payoh? Mine is at springleaf ,.. Timing sucks too.... They have music, foreign language, let bb guess the picture after showing first time which is v v v vv c v tough for bb to point. They may not react. Got story telling, and recognize alphabets. I dun like the visual and guessing exercise. Music part still ok ... Can tell my gal does not like it she keep moving about. Whereas I sign her up for another music class... She love the teacher and always v attentive. On her gd days she can tap the rhythm by herself and yak to the rhythm beat... It helps cos my hubby sits outside the class and when I revise he remembers the songs and help revise with my gal at home. For shichida I make v little effort to revise with her cos no material at home except alphabets how would she remember .....

Baby journey : Betty - I think she charges $90 per visit lasting around 1hr or 1.5 hr. Pls call to confirm. I might be wrong ( can't really recall now). Try to enlist yr parents help as much as you can. My mom stays overnight from the time my CL leaves till now.

Hi Cath, hw old is Elis (hope I rem e name correctly still :D) when she attend e schicida class ? They called mi last week offering mi e Jan class but I rejected n request for later mth coz I scare my gal can't sit still n b attentive. Haha...

So hw have u been ? Still wif yr sickening boss ? Time reali flies. Prev some of us still in forum chatting who's turn to pop, and also getting some useful info fr u n hazel... Haha... N nw tis chat room has increased graduates *clap*.

Hi Bbliss, my gal turn 8 mths yesterday. She started shichida early this mth. Somehow u have to keep encouraging bb. She will sit still for about 45mins or if bb cry she will start fussing. Sickening boss left. Life still the same. U? How's yr gal?

hi cat, i remember you did a detailed study on all the courses that baby can attend last time right huh? so now eliss is attending shicida huh?what other classes is she attending huh?
happy.gif

Catherine, I registered for spring leaf. Hmm.. Even at 8 mths it's difficult for them to attend d class...but all the other kids in the class are almost sane age? Btw, Which music class u go to?

Bbliss, they called u for jan class? What timing n which branch?

Sunbelle, I got a place for gug at united sq but last min decided not to enroll my gal. She is the youngest in the class and it will b v v v tough for both teacher and me. She has rejoin back the waiting list for jan enrollment. I intend to let her try gym class. Yet to decide Rochester mall or tanglin mall.

Hopeful, I also will not consider 8am class. My gal only gets up around 8.30am on weekends. My gal attend psalms music school at farrer road. V nice teachEr. She is on this program call kinder music .... It's a 1-1 class. Teacher will look at my gal performance and readjust lesson. V nice of the teacher. Class also v cheap. I got a place for her at Yamaha and mandeville both r ok waitlist. My hubby makes it a point to go with us and he sits outside to listen, ask me questions and practice with my gal cos he spends more time with her. Quite fun to see a non music background dad to learn and practice with my gal

Hi Cath, mi life still e same but with an extra joy looking aft my gal... Hehe... Btw, is Elis attending GUG too ?

Elis 8th mths liao ah.. So can crawl 了吗? Mine doing e commando style... Haha... So funny ;p

Hazel ! Ya, no time no see
happy.gif
Belle doing well ya. She abt 9mths nw ya ? Hmm... Is there a FB page for this chat room ? Aiyo... So long din login n din noe there a FB pg here. Anyone tat can add mi or whom I can add ?

Hopeful, yr nick looks familiar. Haha... Tink have seen yr posts be4 I disappeared ;p. Well, I enrolled my gal at toa payoh branch. They offered mi weekends n as for timing, only rem is ard late morning n nt e early timing like 830am as mentioned.

U enrolled for which mth ? Hw old yr bb nw ?

Hmm.... Wonder hw e rest. Rem there a few march mummies.

Cath, u registered elis at mandeville ? What their age limit huh ?

GUG yet to call mi thou I oredi registered in April this yr and was put on waiting list. Hmm... That prompted mi tat I shld call them up n chk on e status for my gal den.

Anyone here enroll for Gymboree or gymademics ? Any feedbacks ?

bbliss, is called feb2012mummies. belle just turned 9 months. dhe is v cute & getting prettier as each day goes by... hehe

actuall, is better for bbs to be at least 12-18 months old n mobile (can walk) before joining these classes. if not, is quite a waste of money. belle turns 1 yr od in jan. maybe too young still. if so will wait til she turns 18 mths old

Hi ladies, happie to see so many farmiliar nicks posting here again...

Catherine : wow have you also bought flashcards for Elis huh? Yeah mi only brought my gal to baby spa in hope to let her exercise n try to sleep thru...haha so far she enjoy it plus the spa is jus downstairs for her..what sort of music instrument is she learning huh?

Hazel : good to see you again..GUG staff did say not advisable for too young babies to attend even though their phamplets put 6 mths n above ..they encourage at least 8 months lor...guess a lot depends on own baby whether can sit still or not etc...

Bbliss : how come need to be put on waiting list for GUG huh? Tot Mountbatten no one queue one leh..is yours united square outlet huh?

My gal temp went up to 37.1 degrees a day after 6 in 1, penuccmol, rotarix. Yeah body suddenly warm..now sponging...n hope the temp goes down..

Wonder how is Chris baby, Kimmy they all
happy.gif

Pierced n Tromso : how are u all coping huh? After stopping work for so long, finds it a bit hard to go back to work haha

Do you all have the she bu de feeling when place baby at baby sitter side huh? I keep worrying that the baby sitter might not be able to take good care of the baby. Do we need to buy a thermometer for the baby sitter huh? or they should have their own? Guess I jus have to learn to let go

Bbliss, ya my gal is a commando since she was 6mths. She started standing up with support around 6.5 mths. Now she learn to tiptoe. Bad thing is she can climb up to her sofabed. My living room sofa is her target now. No eyes to c!! Were u the one who post that dr ong refer yr gal to kk hospital?

Mandeville entry age is 2 yrs old but I receive a SMS from them that they had bb clAss. Was told to call to get more Info but I din want to change my gal music class. Gug age limit is 8 mths old and bb must turn 8 mths on the date they start class. My gal juz met the criteria. Mayb we r in same class next yr? I can only make it for 1 timing. Not sure if u know the afternoon session of gug has english and mandarin component.

Luv, how's bb doing? I heard from my fren that dr Eunice Chua is not taking any holiday this yr bcos of the surge in bb to b born this yr. poor thing... Commando style ... U know how cadets crawl in jungle? That's the way my gal is crawling. Her lazy style though she can lift up her tummy. Her fav place is her step up piano and dining table.

Sunbelle, My fren will give me shichida flash card. For other kind of flash cards I have. My gal learn to use sticks to tap, jingles to shake, she learn to tap on xylophone ... Hey 37.1 is not fever la... Relax. Anything above 37.3 then is fever. Well ... Sunbelle, I simply dun care once I m at work Whether elis is at IFC or with her nanny or she is ill. I trust that they know when to contact me. So far so gd. I feel if I dun trust them I will have lots of things in my head to worry how would I then b able to concentrate on my work. I do not call the nanny to check the status too. Simply bo chap. But If she's at the IFC I do walk over when im free during lunch time. What u can do is ask nanny to write down what yr gal does at her place and trust what is given. My nanny does that though I didnot request. From there u can tell whether she overfed or know bb pattern. Then u tell nanny what u want. So far I did not make any request. btw Chris is gd. V busy at work too.....

Catherine, oh yeh.. Kindermusik!! Went for trial class. My girl loves it. Most prob going to sign her up for a class.. Tried Gymboree too.. But I prefer kindermusik cux I fined ther KM has more interaction btw parent n bb.. Thx for ur tip on shichida.. Think I will most prob wait till she is 1 then.

Bbliss, yeh, we r the same graduating batch.. I m an April mummy. I suppose u r a March mummy with kimmy? I do keep in contact with a few march n April if mummies.. They r doing v well!!
happy.gif

I suppose cux thr is no class at spring leaf that's y they did not call me..

Wow, nice to hear from the 'old girls'....it's like a school gathering
happy.gif

Catherine, Shichida, I've heard that there are mummies who pull their kids out fr the course altogether, cos the kids always have to exit from lessons due to crying, incorporating disturbing acts
sad.gif
I'm only planning to let my girl try when she is at least 1, so aiming for nxt Jul intake. Was told I'm 27 on the Apr wait list and if I don't take it up, will be even better position on the Jul waitlist. I'm going for Toa Payoh about 11am class, was told that's the most popular class cos kids are most alert then. Nice to see that Eli's is learning a lot
happy.gif
btw, what materials does Shichida require parents to purchase? I hv all sorts of flashcards at home, wondering if suitable...

Sunbelle, *wave wave*....wow long time no hear fr you too
happy.gif
I'm also contemplating GUG Mountbatten cos has outdoor facilities like playground
happy.gif
But I'm only doing GUG if my girl can adapt to Shichida as I'm afraid she'll not be able to catch up at GUG, usual feedback fr mummies
sad.gif
JG is my backup plan it both Shichida and GUG fails heh... For me, I'm gonna be a sahm, at least for my girl's first 1-2 yrs I think, so I'm still greenhorn, hope I can cope ok and pass with somewhat flying colors
happy.gif

Hey Catherine! Nice to see you here again.
happy.gif
Oh, that's what u all mean by commando style, hahah... I would have called it a leopard crawl like they taught me in my NCC days, lol...
Uh, I defected back to my old gynae liao after the detailed scan, hee... So dun think i'll be going back to the clinic. Guess I'm still more comfortable with my prev doc n easier to get HL if necessary from her too!
Baby's doing good so far. Found out it's a boy! Just reaching the 24-week mark.
happy.gif
Only thing of slight worry is that during the detailed scan, the right renal pelvis measurement was very near the upper normal limit, so to be safe, we're gonna do another scan ard 32 weeks to check.

Mummies considering Shichida, you may also wanna consider Little Neuro Tree too. Some of my colleagues have tried it out b4 and find it quite good. Though personally i've not tried these kind of flashcard programmes with my gal. Do feedback in future if u see results!
happy.gif

Hi Luv, my niece started doing flashcards before she turned 6 mths and she's still loving now (didn't attend shichida). Think I've previously shared here that, when she was about 1 yr old, we tested her. We put a mini ball into 1 cup and turn it upside down with ball in it, then switch the 3 upside down cups (2 empty) around. Niece was able to guess which cup the ball was in. We tried the same test many times, she got it right 9 outta 10 times to our greatest surprise cos we started switching the cup really fast
happy.gif
Not sure if it's due to flashcards learning then, she is 1.5 yrs old now and can speak short sentences already, like 'heather wake up, drink milk milk' 'mama, I want go out'. She can also identify some alphabets and numbers, even words like apples (she hasn't started playgroup/ enrichments or childcare yet). I read that kids usually speak 2 syllabus by age 2 and only start on sentences by age 3, so looks like niece is doing quite well. Nonetheless, I feel that her early flashcards learning and books readings has helped in her general learning ability quite a fair bit
happy.gif
of course most importantly, niece lives learning these and I'm hoping the same for heather too. Otherwise, no stress, most important is being happy and bonding well with the family I feel
happy.gif

Tromso, wow, good results with ur niece! That's very encouraging.
happy.gif
Think her parents must have been very consistent in using the cards. The parents need to be disciplined too, hahah...

Tromso, I go to library every mth to borrow different books. At times we bring her along too. She will not fuss in libraries now. Waiting quietly while I choose the books. I usually tell elis that we r attending class and she has to listen to the teacher. So far still manageable .. We r always late for the class despite I stay v near to springleaf! Dun know y!!! So end up always have corner seat ... When the kids make noise I juz turn her away to distract her while the other kids parents pacify their kids. That works for me. I think shichida has a special set of flash card. Will ask teacher on sat.

Hopeful, the trick I learn at km is u need to let bb feel the pulses and rhythm of the songs. When my gal is in her good mood she tap and aye in the same rhythm of the song. She loves fast music. Slow music will start pulling my hair, start to crawl and break free from me. For fast music she is v attentive and keep looking at teacher. Faint!

Catherine, can share more abt what u do in Kindermusik classes? Just move with baby to different songs? How much are the fees?

Tromso, if u r a sahm, u can teach yourself. that is the best. no need to waste money on.these external teaching. that is more for the bbs to interact with other bbs. my sil nv send her kids to all these classes at all. she is a working mum n.she tewches herself every night after work. her kids can.read at a young age n do well in.sch. nothing beats teaching them on our own if we hv the energy n time.

tromso, belle has started all these classes. but since 8 mths old, shr knows stuff like waving bye bye n when she can say ma ma, pa pa n mum mum. she sits on a chair n play my niece's kid's organ. my niece has upgraded to an adult piano. my parents n i teach. classes only 1-2 hrs daily n in a grp somemore.0

heartbeats...b2+ is 4 bedder right? how many days did yr bb stayed in the special nursery care? the 8k bill is before or after medisave and insurance?

sry for posting so many questions cos i need to bk my delivery package soon...thks ya

Luv, they have activities like peek a boo using music, music to stroke bb, using sticks to tap the rhythm, xylphone to sing the pitch of the notes, sing song to bb with parents participating Like bouncing bb etc. personally I enjoy the class. My gal is v cheerful in the class as compared to her shichida class

Hopeful, bbliss, Tromso, I should warn u gals that the shichida instructor may b bias. I dun like my gal shichida instructor. She is bias. She Only like 1 parent and her bb. It's vvvv v v obvious. Bcos the bb brother is in another class and a lot of instructors know the brother. My hubby who attend only 1 lesson also felt it. The kid is not responding in class yet can get 4 stars and with lots of gd comment. Today I wanted to complain but my hubby told me dun bother. We will change class next yr.

Catherine, thanks for sharing. So u sent Elis to KM at 8 mths old? I used to consider KM for my gal too but decided it was too far away for me then. Now I saw that they seem to have a branch (not sure if it's a franchise) at Bt Timah SC. Much nearer for me.

Thk u miracle.. Am Very tired physically as everyday seem so busy.. Surprise my body can take it for so long.. But is happy busy..;) as ling as i feel tired and the thot of how diffcult to hv them gives me energy again..;)

Hi tromso
Ya, start to be fun as they can play now.. Btw, what flash card u get? Black n white color only or?

Hi luvnhope
U must be so happy as now hv a "good" ler.. Plan to hv 3rd bb or close shop ler?

Congrat to cool n angel..;)

Jo3, thanks, hahah... see if I can handle 2 first!! But also think if I have 3rd one, it'll be even harder given that I'll be older, and I'm already finding this preg more difficult than my 1st when I was younger. Think age really makes a difference.

Back