(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Tromso, can heather latch on or just purely ebm now?
If can latch is good coz can save hassle of expressing out at regular timings.

I latch mostly so travelling with baby is easier.

Also if travelling with kids, I always check for nearest kid clinic or hospital too. Coz never know when u need it.
Megan had serious constipation in Oz when we travelled at 6 mths so had to see doc there and get some med to clear it out.
In Turkey, she fell and hurt her head on the chair so had to send her to hospital and x-ray to be safe.
Germany she had bad flu during the winter time and we had to go see a doc there coz her ear got affected and had a lot of pain.

All the different adventures but i will say just go ahead and travel. tiring but fun.
now with 2, Im waiting to see when to go, and hope managing them both is fine.

Pierced, I also brought belle back to KKH children pte clinic. Not packed like the TMC one n best part, quite punctual. Hm. That reminds me to bring the stool softerner insertion that pd gave also...

Hazel, yup i agree from previous experiences, KKH is more organised, systematic and very quick.

Oh ya, if for diarrhoea, can also get probiotics for them. I brought it along too in sachets ( can buy in pharmacies) coz PD gave me due to salmonella virus, since bb if too small cant take much medication.

Hi Mummies...am exclusively pumping as baby won't latch. But only doing around 100ml for both sides with 2 hourly pumps. How did you increase your supply? Getting desperate to increase mine. Thanks!

Help!! My baby exclusively wan to latch n refuse bottle! I fought with her every hr for almost every feed to make her suck from the bottle.

tanny, the mummy shldn't be the one feeding from bottle. If you're ard, there's a natural tendency for bb to prefer latching on. Try letting someone else like ur hubby take over the bottle feeding and perhaps hide from ur gal's view. See whether it'll help.

Sue, what I learnt from other mummies to increase supply is to do power pumping, pump 5 mins, rest 5 mins and repeat for 3 times. This helps boost supply.
Even if no milk comes out already as it stimulates and tricks it into producing more.

Sue, have u considered taking natural supplements like fenugreek to see if it helps boost your supply? Also, a visit to a good lactation consultant may help a bit to clear any blocked ducts etc.

Some foods are said to help supply - fish like salmon, oats, etc.

Lastly, lots of water and rest is very very important. may also want to consider pumping per 3hrs instd of per 2hrs so that you can get some rest too for the breast to fill up.

Hihi all!

Long time no see!!! My bb girl is now 12w2d and she is my pride and joy!!! Wishing all mummies here joy with their lil ones too!!!

Anyone has advice or comments on whether it is necessary to introduce FM if there is enough BM?
happy.gif

Sashamama, if u have more than enuf BM, why do u want to introduce FM? Just curious... Are u preparing in advance for the day you stop BF? If u are, then maybe do that nearer the date? Dun think u intend to stop TBF soon right?

Faithfully hello! Mine is born on 18/07. Just one day apart. Did u join us on FB?

Hi ladies, I wonder since I'm on tbf, how to try to conceive naturally? Use opk sticks then when to start testing since no menses? Like no head no tail to start... Maybe I try iui since cheaper as I have no more eggs. Or if I go back to do ivf under Kkh, since dr Loh no longer there, if I go for another doc, wonder how long I need to wait/ Q?

Hi tanny, I joined the FB, mine is called "Jamie Rusty Yu". U so fast plan to hv another one ar... I hv to wait 2 yrs more since us c-sec.

Thanks Hazel and Pierced for the travel tips, yes, I'm taking note
happy.gif
Thinking go NZ nxt spring or autumn but having to pump every few hrs is my biggest hurdle now, will see how when it gets closer.

Pierced, I'm feeding fr bottles 100% now, perhaps I should try latch on again. Heather can latch on, but only the right breast, so will need to express bm out fr left breast, got quite chaotic previously, so I stopped latch on all together.

Ladies, may I know if your babies took 6-in-1 jab, pneummococcal jab and rotavirus oral med all on the same day?

Heather's visiting Dr Ong Eng Keow for her jabs, realised he does the above whilst I see other PDs spreading them out. Just wondering if it's too potent to take so many in a day...

Tanny, u hv to stop Bf if u wan to try again. U had c section right? If so, 2 yrs apart pls... If not the wound may split open as tummy grows

Hi Faithfully,
My bb gal born on 23/7, 1 week after urs
happy.gif

Hi Luv,
I wondering whether bb needs other nutrients as she grows older that BM doesn't hv and FM has? I hope to be on TBF as long as I can though. Hv enough supply for fresh and also a few litres are frozen.

Tanny,
Good questions. I also wanna know. I also wanna try asap!

Thanks Hazel. Cos I was wondering if Dr Ong EK clamps the vaccinations in 1 day to reduce number of visits since his consultation is free. Looks like this is not unusual then. He's really a good dr, very detailed, attentive and patient
happy.gif

Sashamama, I hv the same questuon in my mind too. My knowledge is that by 4-6 mths, iron may have been depleted in babies, hence good to start with iron fortified cereals then. Another thing is, bm doesn't hv Vit D, but I'm not sure how to combat this
sad.gif
Anything else that's missing in bm?

I'm taking DHA now so can pass on to heather in bm, I guess that's what fm has lots of.

After 6 months, bbs need the nutrients fr food to grow well. So need to intro solid food slowly n not forgetting giving milk too. If mummy plans to give BM for as long as possible, it wld mean mummy has to continue eating well n has a balanced diet. That means no junk food, coffee, tea, fried food, etc. also. Need to give bb supplements too coz she is missing out the entire spectrum of nutrients fr FM. Unless mummy really knows wat to eat. I m not supportive to give BM as long as possible. Coz whatever nutrients mummy absorb fr food must be x2... For herself n for bb. If not mummy will be depleted fr important nutrients like iron and calcium. In the long run, mummy's body will be affected. We still wan to hv a strong body to watch our child grows up right?

Yes Tromso is correct, by 6 months old bb's iron in the body is Almost depleted n yea need to take iron fortified cereals to replace the loss.

As for we taking supplements so that will pass on to bb via BM, we nv know how our body absorb the nutrients. Some absorb better some not as well. So if our absorption is not as gd it will mean less to pass to bb right? DHA is just one of the impt nutrients, how abt iron n calcium n other stuff? They r born with this but sooner or later all these will be depleted.

Sashamama, u got a lot of supply for bm leh. Can slowly intro later when u want to stop bf.

My #1 was on full bm till 8 mths when I stopped coz wanted to try another one and she was very healthy even without any additional supplements. I only took Dha and calcium and multi vits.
As for the vit D deficiency in bm, it is not really an issue since we are in sunny Singapore, not much need fOr supplementing vit d, plus perhaps sometimes can bring bb down for morn walks or even at home morn sun like how we sun for jaundice?

Anyway I'm nursing a bad flu and cough now and it doesn't seem to go off but luckily Sarah seems to be immune to it (touch wood) so luckily she's on bm.

Once bb at 6 mths, can give solids and thats where they get the other Additional iron etc.
Mainly like what hazel said, bf must eat healthy coz whatever u take in goes to the bm. I didn't even dare think of dieting, just made sure I ate as normal, more soups, fish, veg etc.

Tromso, at least she latches ok on one side. Yes, I remembered u struggling with her on the shorter nip side. Can always try again even I know it's a torture. Some of my forum mummies do face the latching issue and they try and try. Here are some who successfully latch later. Would be good if heather can latch on then will be easier on u when u go in trips and no need to worry abt pumping.
I was blessed with Megan latching on well so I didn't bring my pump along during trips. That's the ideal situation so I don't need sterilizer, pump etc.

Oh ya just to share, a fellow forum mummy had her baby diagnosed with viral meningitis,So the fever goes on and off. No medication can be given. Hopefully there will not be side effects afterthat. Its probably might be due to her #1 catching fever and the entero virus so do be careful with your bbs.

That's why I'm quite hesitant to bring bb out as well when young unless cant be helped. Now with a #1 going to school even worse, so I make sure she washes and bathes before coming near Meimei first. (poor thing)

Ok I know mummies had discussed abt maids before sometime ago...... I'm looking at getting Philippine maids aft serious consideration. However, I dun hv e time to shop around....may I know which maid agency did u mummies use n their feedback?

Hazel, Pierced, thanks for the spills about baby nutritions. Indeed bf means eating healthy. I only dare to touch tea in my 3rd month now and only half cup, after pump session. I've avoided spicy food too in case causes tummy discomfort in baby and avoided dairy products like a plague cos heather seems to have sensitive skin. But I eat fried food on and off
sad.gif
No peanuts too just in case, limit seafood types especially crustaceans. So can imagine my cravings lol...nonetheless it's still better than being pregnant
happy.gif

I also take calcium supplements, along with vit C, multivitamin, DHA, lecithin E. Hesitate taking iron pills as dunno
why I have slight constipation now despite taking lotsa fluids and fruits.

Weaning sounds like a huge milestone, will have to plan carefully it seems.

I've been feeling slight dizziness when I stand up quickly fr squatting position, it's then I realise despite how much nutrients I take in, my baby is taking away a chunk of it, will hv to continue to pump up on nutritional food, never felt so purpose driven in my entire life...heh....

Pierced, thanks for the encouragement, I'll have to walk outta my comfort zone and try latch on again...so used to pumping like clockwork
happy.gif
But I'll still need to pump out bm fr the breast that heather doesn't take, unless she changes her mind. But then with babies, you'll never know
happy.gif

Hope you'll soon find the right buttons to press with the Megan-Sarah mix
happy.gif
Gotta boost up lil Sarah's immune system before Megan starts P1... Meanwhile hope you'll get better soon. It may be a good thing with the sickness, purge out all the unwanted stuffs...heh posituve thinking. I had a down moment too right after confinement, I think system couldn't cope with the sudden fast tracked motion. You take it slow yeah...

Hi tromso
Ya, going back to work after one more month.. Suppose to go back after 2 wks but due to new maid come in late so extend another 2 wks but am happy n glad to face bb longer..;) havent did my papsmear as my apptment crash when doc loh travel date so i tell nurse will do later. I will do after i start work so can hv excuse to be on mc fr work..;p.. U did urs already?

Btw, why ur injection all on same day? I did my rotavirus n panemoical last mth n this mth is 6 in one injection. Next mth will jab rota n panumoical again..me under doc ong too..

Hi Joanne, I've done my pap smear, no news means good news I guess
happy.gif
So where is the new maid fr? Hope this time will be a suitable one
happy.gif

My Ong is the Mt A Ong now, I've defected camp heh...he doesn't charge consultation fees for vaccinations, maybe that's why fewer visits so more jabs each time, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 12th month instead of monthly to 6th month. Think I'll request monthly going forward.

How's your weaning info gathering so far? I have books but no time to read up yet. How are your babies now?

Hi ladies, wat r ur babies doin during their alert time? For me, I hve already started work, so my mil is taking care of my son. She is the typical auntie..can only interact in Chinese wif my son.. But dunno y she enjoy mimicking his sounds. I didnt wan to expose my son to tv at such young age, but I got no choice. Subscribe baby tv on scv & instruct mil to switch it on when he is awake.

Miracles, I'm surprised lil babies knows how to watch tv. Recently I've caught my girl staring at tv's direction and looking engrossed. I thought their clear vision is still quite short, maybe I'm wrong
sad.gif

During wakeful hours, I'll try to sing songs to her, teach her hand/ leg eye coordinations, baby playgym, read a little, tummy time, play music, etc. But don't get a lot of opportunities too cos I'm also quite busy mostly and I find there isn't too many good wakeful moments each day cos at times she's quite sleepy, wants to be left alone (prefers to stare out the window) or slightly cranky. So when I spot her in her good mood and I'm not busy with chores, I'll try to connect with her a bit more.

If you have baby playgym (the mat with lotsa hanging toys on top) can let your boy play with that cos tv not too suitable at this point I feel. He should be able to self entertain for a while with that.

For heather, if I'm busy and she wants to 'play', I'll play some music for her...can usually stall for about 15mins before she decides she's had enough. I find that she is ok with kiddy songs, but can keep calm quite well with classical music. You can trial and error with music/ songs too
happy.gif

Tromso, wow, u've really been making full use of your time with Heather. Must learn from you!!
happy.gif
I don't think I was as hardworking as you, hahah...

Tromso, hee ya U be surprised bb likes tv, actually it's due to all the lights sounds and movements, they can't really focus but they can see the movement.

Seems like u have plenty of activities to do with heather. I can't really think of any to do at the moment except for my black and white flash cards for helping bb focus.

Sarah is one weird bb, doesn't like to sleep on her own, as in she can be super tired but refuse to sleep. I will try different ways to sooth her to sleep and still don't work. Patting her, koala her first, get her to latch on first and everytme once I want to put her down on the cot, she open her eyes no matter how She is already asleep and look at me, as if she knows it and I will have a hard time getting her back to sleep.
Worse is she doesn't take long naps, if she can sleep half hr on own, I be happy. Other wise, sometimes 1 hr but she will 'eh eh' in between and I have to go pat her which takes up some time again, so practically 1 hr is not exactly my 'me' time. Desperate me even tried the pacifier but this fussy gal don't even want it.
Totally different from Megan time where I Could really do lots of things while she nap for 2 hrs straight.
Hopefully, this trend will change and she will get better on the napping end. Luckily she still can sleep long hours at night.
My dad was even joking, maybe we should have black out curtains to tr and see if she can nap well in the day with it.

So I find it difficult to be doing any chores as well, and was thinking if I shift back to m own place, I will not have even any time for my own, let alone eat in peace. How to do chores, prepare lunch or dinner? Hmm... Thankfully, my mum don't mind us staying with her now so I get some moments of sanity or relief.

I am looking for something that have different pockets (an organizer) that I can hang at the cot so that things such as diapers, wet wipes etc can be at reach easily. Anyone know where got sell?

thanks ya

Hi ladies, i just had my boy via isci as well with Dr Loh. Currently he is a few weeks old and seems on growth spurts, wants to drink EBM every hour or two. When he drinks he will be very anxious, sucks very fast and then gag. Everyday gag at least once. Its not a teat size issue. Anyone have any experience or advices? M at my wits' end. Thanks in advance!

Hi Tromso, my mil is taking care of my boy coz I started work already. Besides tv & play gym, there's nothing else for my boy to do. Music are in my iPhone, so only when I'm around then I play it for him. I rather my boy watch baby tv program then to listen to my mil's auntie style Chinese & her repetitive "ang ku ku".
I told my hubby this is the 1st & last time his mom will take care of our kid. I am not going to let her take care of our next baby.

Hi Tromso
New maid fr filipino n hope smarter n tidier in doing things.
My bbies r fun to play now as they can smile at u when play with them.. My gal is a typical chatterbox n more kaypoh in surrounding.. Now is easier to take care as if they awake, i just put them on bouncer n play toys with them..unlike last time when they wakeup means want milk..;) btw, where u buy the playgym? I just cant find it.. Is tt let bb lie flat on floor n play with toys hanging there?

Hi miracle
U planning for 3rd bb?

I still hv 6 embroye in kkh, sisters, shd i discard when rental due for payment? Heartpain neh..;(

Oops paiseh.. Thot ur current pregnancy is 2nd one.. Hee.. Great tt u gals r so positive to hv bb n didnt get frighten off..;)

Im onli got frightened off by dr Loh's VE..
sad.gif

So far, the most tiring part is the confinement period, other than tht..still can manage. Luckily, we can share experience here. If not, I will be quite lost on certain problems like jaundice, breastfeeding, vaccines etc

Joanne, kudos to u. It's hard taking care of twins & 8yr old son. I always envy ladies wif twins..coz I can't handle 2 @ a time. I might go into depression. U r lucky tht ur son helps u at times when u r busy..so sweet.

Miracles, I thought I'm alone, so you are afraid of dr Loh's VE too....heee...up till now, still send shivers down my spine. During bb shower, friends were laughing at me for letting him break my waterbag without epi...I really wasn't thinking straight then
sad.gif
If can conceive naturally, def no-no to dr Loh
happy.gif

Joanne, our babies are quite cute now right? I love the interactions minus the fussiness. I'm thinking they may get fussy when they start recognizing faces. Heather is getting there already, as will give diff very smiles to me compared to my dad. My hubby, she's ignoring him a bit lol...

The playgym, yah it's for bb to lie on the floor and stare up/ bat at the hanging objects. Mine is a hand me down but I think should be able to get it at major stores like Kiddy Palace, etc. I also improvise with this exercise, will swing/ hold objects infront of her (like bells) so she can try out hand/leg eyes coordination. She's still quite lousy at it heh....

Pierced, I'm still staying at my parents'...taking it slow lol... Gonna speed up my home reorg project and move back asap otherwise heather won't recognize daddy soon.

Heather was quite hard to pacify initially too, I guess the bad tummy wind didnt help, then we decided to give her pacifier. Works like magic...ever since she could stretch her feeds to 3 hrly, sleeps very well in betw, drinks well too. Good thing is that she'll spit the pacifier out when she's almost asleep and won't need it to get to sleep about 50% of the time. So far her naps are about 1-1.5hrs.

Btw, do you let Sarah rest in quiet areas? For heather, if it's the living room, she gets distracted by the activities, usu can only sleep 30 mins but if I put her in the bedroom with door closed, she can nap 1-1.5hrs I also find that if I'm in the room with her, she tends to sleep longer, dunno why, though I don't pat her when she stirs a bit. Hope I can get to do my chores when I move home as my parents will not be able to help out at all, too far for them to travel to and fro.

I've tried flashcards too...she gets bored after about 5 mins
sad.gif
I guess I get bored myself too. I find that heather gets overstimulated quite easily, as will start to get cranky if I let her lie on the playgym for too long, the flashing lights, music, swinging arms and legs...

I find that she enjoys music a lot and cooing
happy.gif
Simple things for simple minds heh.... I'm still exploring what makes her tick...

Babyjourney, how are you? Home with boy right?

Angel, Coolcool, how you gals? Popped?!

I m so overwhelmed! Practically a zombie! Too many things to do, no time to rest!

heartbeats, how ya doing? Muz take care of yourself okie? Hope you're coping better with the twins now.

Coolcool just had her c-sect delivery on Monday. Her baby boy is cute!
happy.gif

Angel's turn tomorrow.
happy.gif

Join us on FB lah... then can see the photos too, heheh...

Back