(2012/10) Oct 2012

Val, I have never watch thomas the train show before. Just only see those trains set at the shops and think they are amazing..can changed into so many different kind of backdrops as they different each time we are there. Im more familiar with Barney, Mickey mouse, stuff toys, the 'xi yang yang' lamb cartoon and mothergoose club. These are what my girl usually watched. Hee.. recently I started on strawberry shortcake. I think girls stuff are more cutie cutie.. at home, she wore pink, red, yellow, blue, purple, white, grey, colourful and I think they are cute. Maybe for boys, less colourful.
happy.gif

meiziang:
woah! how'd you get hold of your stethoscope? I want to listen too!

sharonk & serenelm:
Re braxton hicks - erh, I've been experiencing something weird too, not sure if it matches your experiences.

First occured some time in my 15th week. I have this habit of placing my palm on my belly when I wake up in the morning, and I felt this little hump forming slightly to the left. It had a gentle incline like a road hump, probably the size and shape of a baby rusk biscuit. Wasn't painful/ticklish/sore, but it was really hard and didn't feel like part of me at all. Disappeared after awhile. It's happened a couple more times since that day at other parts of the belly. Does any of this sound familiar to you?

nyctora: yeah. i feel the hump and it harden right? i am not sure if this consider braxton hicks. Tonight im going to see my gynae, will ask him and update you.
When is your next check up?
haha this is my second pregnancy but im so kan cheong and worry man...

Nyctora / Sharon: Actually if there was a small hump, it might oso hv been ur baby moving/changing position inside u. That could hv been the baby's head or butt. Later stages can even feel the baby legs kicking u and causing ur belly to become "distorted looking" :D

Hi redyann, congrats
happy.gif

May I know what's LMP?

So many mummies already knw baby gender and I still need to wait till my next appointment which is 2 weeks later
sad.gif

Chapa, LMP is last menses period. I also still don't know my bb gender. Me quite enjoying the suspense, since I don't mind either. Was telling my hb, why don't we wait until birth, tell gynae not to scan/tell us the gender. My hb is not agreeable on it.
happy.gif

serene: yeah. hopefully everything goes well later. Anxious, excited yet scare to see my gynae. hahaha.

Lisa: yeah i had it too for a period of time. i guess its just hormonal changes.

raspy,
ya, same here we didn't mind either
But knowing it will ease our headache. =D
always in dilemma choosing the color of the baby products esp those only come in pink/blue no white.

Hi Lisa,

Me too having daily headache from 10-15 weeks. Now me 18 weeks already and my headache reduce to maybe 2-3 days per week.

Nothing can be done.... Gynae said just make sure we hydrate ourselves since the weather is very hot.

Hi Mummies,

been busy and didnt get to login.my checkup is next tuesday.so excited.my tummy is getting bigger, especially after meals.

serenelm, i always pic if i have a girl after a few boys she'll be sp super spoilt! :p

i never experienced the distorted funny looking tummy in pregnancy with #1. either the position (he was actually behind the placenta) or my tummy fats... more and more people seeing me and asking if i;m preg. honestly now 18 weeks i think i lookd this way wen i was 20+ weeks last time...

sharonk:
My next check-up is on 1st June, to coincide with the W20 detailed scan. It doesn't happen that often, so it's probably nothing to worry about. I did ask my gynae before about the elusive hump but she said it could be intestinal... *shrugs*

Lisa: I had headache almost daily a few weeks ago, luckily they've kinda gone away now, now only occasionally, which is still bearable.

Sharon: All the best, keep us updated
happy.gif

Skinney: Yah, my hubby oso said if we ever hv a gal, all the men in our family will hv to 靠边站了 cos all their value will depreciate substantially. Haha!! :D

For my past pregnancies, esp in late 3rd tri, every time baby kicked/pushed my belly, something would protrude out and we would start guessing "hmmm, is that a hand or foot??" or if it's a big hump, "is that baby's head or butt??" :p

I'm still not looking very pregnant, I probably look fatter, rather than pregnant. So I can see some acquaintances (eg, parents of my boys' classmates, neighbors etc) always looking at me, wondering if I've just put on excessive weight or I'm pregnant (guess they dun dare to ask me cos they know I've alrdy got 3 boys, not very likely to want another one)...

Baby clothes: Chateau de sable has nice clothes. Tend to be pricier but of good quality. I like Gingersnaps too - I hear they are cheaper in Bangkok but can't be sure. For homewear and sleepwear, I tended to rely on Carters' and Mothercare.

Headaches: I get them pretty often too but I think it's got to do with the weather as well. It was super hot today
sad.gif

Decided to log back on just to post about something totally random. My belly button has gotten alot shallower! I wonder how long more before it actually becomes a full outtie... Quite fascinating, really, cos that means baby and abode are slowly colonising my belly space.

Mummies-to-be... do you all sleep less these days? I've been only clocking in a 6 hour sleep cycle (I usually need 7). I wake up exactly after 6 hours regardless of whatever time I fall asleep. It's so annoying! Not to mention really tiring. I'm zombified at work. It's like having a pro-long period of menses.

@serene: but lego last a long long time... I think my old sets still work. It's good for growing brains too. =) My sister bought those $2 daiso boxes to store the lego. Oh I also saw the lego sorter at toys r us.

@raspy: lamb chops play along? =D That was one of my favourite show of all time!

@btil: 剑鱼 I'm not sure what marlin is.

serenelm : I am not sure, which one would be cheaper. As this is my first pregnancy. Any mommy would like to give advise which will be cheaper mothercare during Singapore Great Sale or Taka Baby Fair?

nyctora : Hehe.. I just sleep on my back in quiet room and listen but can't listen anything just my tummy sound
happy.gif
There is user guide inside the box. I googled and they said stethoscope only can hear between 18-22 and depend on baby position. Mine now is going to 19 but still can't hear.. this link hopefully can help you. Enjoy!! http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/fetus/a/aa070900a.htm

Val, i also can't sleep as much as before. Used to sleep in on weekends (like 11am, 12noon) but since about a month ago I'll wake up by 9am. Doesn't help that pregnant women get a lot more dreams so we get less restful sleep.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi all.. Back fm my babymooning.. So reluctant to go back to work.. I start to feel some little movement fm time to time.. Think is my bb moving inside..But not very sure.. Maybe my layer of fats too thick.. Tt’s y I got difficulty telling if it is gas or bb movement.. Haha
My detail scan is on 1st Jun.. So now count dwn again to see my little angel again..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Sharon:</font> <font color="aa00aa">You still vomit now? I will still feel nausea at times.. But as for real vomiting no more lao.. But notice when I am hving my babymooning.. I dun hv much nausea.. Come back.. Yest lunch feel nausea and no appetite.. Now oso abit like tt.. Sianz..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Val:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ya.. But somehw.. When I am back in sg.. My tummy seems so shrink abit back.. Haha.. Duno is it cause by the weather too.. But till to date I am still wearing my usual clothing.. Have not switch to maternity clothing yet..</font>

Hi mummies,

Never post for quite some time.
Finally my MS is gone at around 15-weeks!!!

Having a check-up this sat.
Hopefully will know the gender.

Kanelmo: Heehee :p

Val: I bought the small Toyogo drawers to store the different types of Lego pieces but now it's all mixed up again. Sigh, my messy boys...

Thks val

The week seems so long somehow , n I was off on mon !!! Still 2 more weeks to my next visit which will be d 20th week scan . Pray my Bb will signal to daddy n mummy that Bb is healthy n normal !!!! This is d start of a lifetime worry for our Bb as mothers - happy mothers day in advance !!!

There are 3 dragon babies on the same floor in my HDB block! There sure are many Dragon babies around.

Anyone felt baby kicks already?

<font color="0000ff">Namie:</font> <font color="aa00aa">There are already afew colleagues of mine or wifes gave birth to dragon babies lao.. Dan in Oct got 3 including me and 1 more in Nov.. Think still hv some I am not aware of.. Dan some frends too.. So many ard me too..</font>

Hi Namie/ May,

Yes I also notice alot of dragon babies this year. Almost every of my department got preggie ladies.

Guess the time when our child needs to enroll into school, need to fight for the vacancies...

Lisa, talking about enrolling our children in future. Can I ask you whether do you know what's the chances of enrolling our kids to the school during phase 2A(1)?

Hello mummies,
Hope you are doing well! I'm on leave today and we went to watch the avengers! I think baby really enjoyed it. :p However, I came down with flu and very bad sore throat last night.
Could not sleep the whole night and woke up every 20 mins to drink water. Which also made me realised, my baby is very active in the wee hours of the morning. I felt punching and karate kicks all over the tummy. :p
This morning, I even saw the punch out on my tummy, quite funny.

I also noticed the way to make my baby kick is to lie on the back, crop up the legs and put a bolster or pillow on the tummy. Baby will wanna kick it away.

I started feeling flutters around 15 weeks. I stopped feeling flutters this 2 weeks and started noticing kicks and strong movements instead, so hang in there! It's a magical feeling and I get quite obsessed by it. hahah

<font color="0000ff">reineluv:</font> <font color="aa00aa">So envy.. So far I only feel like wat seems to be like movement nia.. I wana feel a kick!!</font>

reineluv:
I suppose you should be close to 20 weeks by now? So exciting! I have to wait a couple more weeks to get there then perhaps I can feel the actual kicks too...

May:
Welcome back! I'm still feeling nauseous too, but the puking (of liquids, not food) only occurs every couple of days. Is it mostly before or after food, and do you suffer from acid reflux? Cos that could causing the feeling of nausea. From talking to people that I know (and my mum, who's had 3 girls and finally a son), those having boys seem to get acid reflux attacks more often. Might be able to control it better by watching what you eat.

ML:
Congratulations on the boy! There are more and more boys appearing on this forum these days... By the way, did your GD go away easily after birth the last time round? I've taken a liking to sweet stuff like canned peaches and my mum is paranoid that I'm gonna get it too.

Btil/val:
Marlin... is Nemo's father...

<font color="aa00aa">hi mummies out thr!!!mia sumtime &amp; saw alot of u know whats d gender le!!!my bb was crossing n bending legs!cant c anything...sad!!!

Hope 2 c gender during my detailed scan on 1st Jun!!

We are in our 2nd trim le!!!!jiayou wor!</font>

Lisa/Chapa - hopefully by the time our kids go to P1, the registration system would have changed for the better.

It's nice to know that we're all in 2nd trimester, which is honeymoon period! Jiayou!

Kanelmo,
I believe they will increase the number of intake for our year. It's a lot of babies this year. If phrase 2A(1) is 100% and I will just enrol my kid to my husband's primary school.

Lately my friend told me its good to consume bird nest from 2nd trimester onwards, does anyone know what are the benefits?

@quinny: I read somewhere that this is the period where we have very vivid dreams.

If you dream of animals - it means your maternal instincts kicked in. If you dream of your ex-bf - it means you feel sexy (don't ask me why). If you dream of your hubby straying - means you feel insecure.

I keep dreaming of shopping complexes... Perhaps I'm still trying to find nice baby boy clothes in my sleep. Hahaha...

@may: maybe coz the food outside of singapore taste superb. :p

@serene: thanks for the warning!

@nyctora: that is hilarious. I won't want to eat Mr marlin though. might have poison...

@chapa chic: the baby will have good complexion. my sister drank bird nest when she was carrying my two nieces. They really have very nice complexions. Bird nest is made up of mostly protein I think...

Hello mummies,
Haven't login for sometime. I heard from experience friend that detail scan will most likely be able to know gender! I am so curious to find out my bb gender :D But I got to wait for another month.

I found out that I have cyst and doc recommend to perform surgery to remove it now or after birth. My boss so bad not sensitive, he said I think your case not serious. Cyst is common thing for pregency. Although its common but I still worry cos doc said if it grows big and burst, blood/fluid will flow out will effect bb. Sounds scary to me
sad.gif
I wonder if my boss just want make me unhappy and resign cos I took some mcs.

Chapa: I heard that having bird nest can moisturizes both the baby and mother’s skin.
But do take Note: Although bird’s nest is an ideal tonic for expecting mother and fetus. It is critical for expecting mother to consume bird’s nest that is absolutely free from bleaching agents and additives.

@shisanmei: I'm sorry to hear that you've developed a cyst. I'm not sure what are the pros and cons to undergo the removal surgery now. I'm sure you're struggling with the choices.

Just to share that though cyst may not be life-threatening, the road to recover can be a long and painful one. My mother in law had a cyst removed (can't remember if it's before or after delivering), she suffers the pain even till now and she is fast approaching 50. So perhaps it's best to sound out the doctor and your hubby and see which is the best choice to take and how to care for the body thereafter. After all, I know as mummies-to-be we often worry about the baby more than our own health.

Cheer up! Your boss may have wanted to mean it in a good way but it came out insensitive. Regardless, don't quit your job! I find it ridiculous that some employers are not sympathetic to expecting mothers. Even if they don't care about the future of Singapore, we do okay...

Back