(2012/10) Oct 2012

<font color="0000ff">Joanna:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I will be alone for a wk this mth.. Dan next mth oso will be alone for a wk again.. Sad</font>

Shir Shir: My gynae prescribed the fish oil for me, it's a big soft gel pill. Each time I try to swallow it, I'll gag n almost vomit. The iron capsule is bad enough but this fish oil pill is worse
sad.gif

<font color="0077aa">may</font>
You mean Dr Chua does the Oscar scan herself? That's interesting hahaha.

Regarding birth rates, in 2010, it was close to 38,000. In 2011, there were 39,630 births. So if you divide by 12, it's about 3,300 per month. So 6,000 to date if till march, is actually lower leh. hahaha.

May and Ming8810,
6000 for 1st Quarter of 2012 seems ok. Assuming, same for the remaining quarters, 6000 x 4quarters = 24000.

Last year, the total birth was 39630 already.

<font color="0000ff">reineluv:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ya.. I only give blood and Dr Chua did a scan on bb.. Took measurement of bb next and see hands n legs n face n body length.. This is Oscar test rite?</font>

<font color="0000ff">raspy:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Hope the no. will be lesser dan last yr.. haha..</font>

Thanks Shir. I heard that bird nest is better to take from 5th month onwards and not too much. But again, it depends on individuals. For my #1, I only start taking like once every 2week in my 3rd trim.

Joanna, I went through the same thing. Went to Mt A to take blood first and then bring the tube to TMC. And yes, I felt abit faint after the blood test, cause they will take 3 tubes. For the wait at TMC, try to bring something to keep yourself entertain, like watch show from iphone etc.. they had a magazine and newspaper rack there too.

reineluv
Based on calculation I thought my edd will be early Oct which will be around my birthday, but
gynae say based on size the actual edd is slightly later. But then usually will be earlier than edd haha so just wait and see when the lil one want to come out.
happy.gif

May
Yup, lil one will be the one that decide which day is his/her birthday. hee!

Joanna
thanks! Which gynae are you with? I did my test in the clinic and still waiting for the result to come back.

ming8110
Ya, drinking milk for mother will help. I'm taking low fat high cal milk now to avoid gaining too much.
Personally I find Mother's milk powder too sweet for my liking. I lose 2kgs (sick) then gain back the weight this 2-3 wks.
I snack on almond nut/walnut/cracker/sandwich for tea break beside my normal meals. Maybe this explain the weight gain.

Yam: hi babe, i with DR H K HO at mount A

mummywong10: yup the nurse told me that too.. but bec of the appt i book earlier before they told me my date falls in when.. if i wait for them i dun even have an appt.. but they did mention that is better to do before 25 april which is 13 week although the date range they give me is from 18 april to 30 april/1st may

raspy: serious.. i am expecting tat to happen to me le.. even i just went for body check up last year they take my blood i also faint de leh.. die.. no one with me.. i going to yun le..

Mini22:eek:mg we gt the same gyane.. i wonder did i met u before whahhaa..

May: he go where?

Joanna> u are only wk13d2 on 25apr right? maybe still ok, if u are worried, u try to ask the nurse again &amp; see if anyway of slotting a slot for u to do before wk13?

mummywong10: no i think it should be 13 weeks 1 day hahaha on 25 april? hmmmm.. i dun think they can do anithing bec problem lies with TMC they are fully taken up =(

the only way is i go earlier and que lor but no guarantee gt a slot some went empty handed back home =(

Joanna: Nxt tue im goin down...u goin? if yes i go there ask ard or shout ur name.. lolz..2 of my fren recommend mi Dr Ho, cos he is steady enough during sudden emergency situation and also hv gd stitching..I wanted to go to a gynae at tamp cos is near my hse but whenever i call for appt they are always full and i told them i vomit till siao ald. the nurse ask mi go straight to kkh.. like dont care de lor..

Mini22 : u just started visiting him arh? my appt with him is every thursday.. hahaha..

no hope in seeing u =X

lol.. congrats dr ho very long waiting time welcome to my family hahahah i waited 2 hrs.. and can eat breakfast le until my turn i very hungry liow...

Mom of 3 monsters: thanks for the link hahaha and the sales lobang

Joanna: ya i jus started visiting him..ya my frenz told mi hav to wait very long..but my hubby can take leave to accompany mi there. hv to go alone or with my mother. =(

I think i shld prepare some food in bag in case i hungry.

<font color="0000ff">Joanna:</font> <font color="aa00aa">This mth is gg for training.. Next mth oso on biz trip.. But still pending..</font>

ccharis, ya u r right on maids doing less of a job if there isnt someone to watch over them. that maid i was referring to would always park the girl int he stroller and yak away on the phone. another one too. and these are not tiny babies, these are toddlers who can run and climb and should be having fun!

a maid of my friend "worse". not worse as in she's bad to the kid. but the 5 yr old girl shouting at the maid jus cuz she was angry the maid tried to help her color and the maid still used a coaxing tone with her. IMHO, plain rude and at her age, not really forgiveable. if left to maid to discipline, u will have a spoilt brat (my friend's daughter definitely is). on the other hand u dun want ur maid to really discipline ur child. but what to do if the person ur child spends the most time with is ur maid? means the child goes unpunished for the bad behavior most of the time? thats not right too..

joanna, for OSCAR, as long as u turn up at TMC ard 8, u shd not be empty handed. for my #1 and this preg i also din have appt, but turned up at 8 and managed to settle everything by 11..

Mini22: oh... nvm u can go in take urine le den go grab someting at the canteen also nice de.. =)

yeah siao siao one sometimes 1 hr plus but this 2 weeks i went is 2 hr plus horrible...

skinneybeenie: serious... yeah lor at least 3 hrs or 2 hrs =( sigh.. shall discuss with hubby see how if can i go next week liow when i go see my gyane.. but can i take que no den i disappear tat kind? so that i dun have to wait that long?

joanna, cannot take q no and disappear. u hav to hang ard. its ok la, time passed quite fast for me there.

i wud say all in all, jus 3h not so bad. it could've hav been shorter had i realised earlier u need to get a q no for blood test after the u/s, which i din so wasted 20 mins.

but main thing is, at least din wait in vain and mission accomplished. anyway those hav appt also take at least an hr to settle everything

skinneybeenie: hahahah bec i wanna go take my blood mah... at mount A.. so i nid to disappear a while.. duno whether okay mah? hai is so troublesome..

i see.. but what i know is if they try to look for u when its ur turn n ur not ard, they'll jus call someone else. dunno what they'll do when ur back. but i think most likely bet 8-9 not likely ur turn so can disappear in this period
happy.gif

Skinnybeenie, we will have to requeue. I was told to go for my breakfast and go back an hour later. They told me I missed my turn when I return and waited fir another hour. 30mins MIA should be safe.

<font color="0000ff">Mini22:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Aiyo.. You got prepare bags to puke in? And did you manage to find a seat after tt anot?</font>

went to look at my invoice last night,

strange abbrevations
hahahhaha

just treat wat the nurse say as truth la.

Hi morning mummies . Jus done and completed my Oscar scan and blood test. Today seems lesser crowd in morning , so I did not wait long for even though I m consider walking in.

Nw jus need to wait for the results in the afternoon.
happy.gif

may: hahahha
Vankel: our blood scan and measurement results came like 2-3 business days later.

i think the conclusion is a risk factor number given to you.

<font color="0000ff">May</font> - Same as you, 1st T diarrhea &amp; BFF told me it should be due to the PMV. Now that I am in 2nd T, constipation sets in (and I think this is due to calcium bah). Ya, now I also swap swap all the supps intake, lol! I even set alarm cause I worried I miss out the fishoil if I doze off (to me I take fishoil v importantly for the bb) then every night my HB will tell me, your alarm, eat fishoil liao, hahah!

<font color="0000ff">Raspy</font> - Motion sickness should also be gone by 2nd T, I had v bad of it but now I think it's getting much much better.

<font color="0000ff">SnU</font> - Same here, breakfast &amp; lunch can eat alot alot, but for dinner little bit only feel bloated and wanna puke.

<font color="ff0000">Jo</font> - From what I understand, no need specifically on the 12th week but MINIMUM has to be 12 weeks. Mai kancheong...

<font color="0000ff">ReineLuv</font> - I dunno issit I paranoid or what, but after I take the calcium properly I feel this week the aches are slightly better. Last week was bad, like you loh - cannot sit properly then keep twisting left &amp; right like dancing on the chair like that. Sleep also!

Backache can only be caused by 2 reasons: (1) Bad Pregnancy Posture (2) Bone/Calcium Loss, but I think I also have abit of (1) thats why it's worse since the 1st T even thou the bump is not heavy...

<font color="0000ff">SnU</font> - Check your receipt, they would have indicated. If you are going to TMC - S$457 would have included OSCAR + 20th Week. OSCAR alone is S$298 (before GST) and bloodtest (which I am not sure if it's standard rate or varies from clinic) is about S$80+

I remember I have a pamflet from the gynae on my 1st visit, in fact, she gave me loads of stuff. Perhaps when I get home I can check the breakdown &amp; post the individual charges here. Thats if you're using TMC hor, heheh!

<font color="ff0000">Jo - I got the same results as May leh - if 5th April is 10w2days then 25th April is 13w1day loh. Easier to count if you have a calendar with you
happy.gif
</font>

I also just check for you, I have a pack of Similac, you want? I can also pass you NAN, apparently it claims they have the highest DHA in the market... I got take PMV. Anyway so long as you dont eat them all together, whichever the sequence is alright lah, dont fret too much...

ccharis: hahaha yeah too gan chiong already, yeah realise my calculation is wrong for the dates heheheh correct is 13 w 1 day on 25 april thank u ladies for the great help yesterday hehehe.. thanks dear!! all ready for oscar for that special day =)

ooooh... u have arh? i have already asked for samples but nowhere to be seen if next week still haven arrived i will get it from u hehehe.. u try lah.. maybe u like it leh..

raspy: yeah i think better dun go manicure and pedicure.. i dun dare to apply all these to be safe...

Vankel: serious u walk in nv wait too long =) so good.. yeah i realise even my gyane place today not much crowd leh weird.. i hope my appt with him is today den i dun nid to wait so long

skinneybeenie: lol.. i think i just stick to my appt since hubby also not around when i am 12 weeks plus.. no point going alone without an appt..

Mini22: what!!!! nobody give u a seat.. so bad these days pple act act leh.. horrible. next time kick them and touch yr tummy and act very sick lol..

u puke or u just feel nausea? is very xin ku.. gt sweet in yr bag anot at least u will feel better?

<font color="0000ff">Jo</font> - BREATHE! LoL! Mai kancheong mai kancheong...
We all want the best for our BB but panic also not good for the fetus.

In a blink of an eye, you're setting foot onto the 2nd T already. Relax dear... Btw this is how I make the no. of weeks easier to count lah, I have actually mark on my calendar the no. of weeks (ie. 3/4 = 13w, 10/4 = 14w, 17/4 = 15w, etc...) so at a glance I know where am I (rather then everytime have to recount &amp; recount, leychey)

<font color="0000ff">Autumm</font> - You must have an enjoyable 1st T with no M/S, otherwise most of us are so eager to move to 2nd T and rid the M/S, heheh..

<font color="0000ff">Yam</font> - Welcome to da club &amp; enjoy your stay here! Dont feel bad, I had mild M/S in 1st T and just like you, my stomach is a bottomless pit! Now my food intake is stablising too
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Caitlin</font> - Thanks! Later I go check it out, I love all things gummy too, so dunno will I over eat them or not, hahaha! Once I start I cannot stop de..

ccharis: yeah i know hahahaa.. just worry that it pass the weeks then no point going the oscar waste money.. of cos wanna zun zun hahaha kaisu me..

yeah i just mark the calender yesterday and counting down whahhaa...

Vankel: thank u dear hehehe.. =)

<font color="0000ff">RE: Gender</font> -- Me too, no sneak peek on w12 OSCAR, so now waiting for w15 to faster arrive! By then I should be 15w3d liao... I wanna see big KKJ, hehehehehe.... (I actually bought some boy clothes le, geez!)

<font color="0000ff">RE: 6000 dragon babies thus far.</font> Wah! Like that it means that:- 400 babies are born WEEKLY and each DAY got 57 babies being born loh!

Contrary to alot others, when I was unexpectedly pregnant, I was "so sian" that this year is dragon. For me, I feel no exclusivity + the fact that my poor BB would have to compete with so many others in his future (I'm comparing on an international scale), sigh!

Caitlin: I will check out the gummies too.

Starrymummy: I have the same experience as you re fish oil and that's why I take just before bed.

TMC: Am now wondering when we need to start booking our rooms - I remember for no. 1 we only booked in the 7th month or so but given it is Dragon year this year.... and I would like to use the exact same room I was in previously if that is possible. Think I will check with the clinic whether it is advisable to book earlier this year. Maybe should book after the 20 week scan.

Caitlin: i have it.. but it doesn't show hw many days.. perhaps i still duno how to use it.. normally they will tell u if u are in how many weeks but when i go in.. i duno how to see the no of days..

<font color="0000ff">Shir Shir</font> - RE: U/S, abit controversial leh, it depends on one's belief I guess. For instance, my neighbour; an Indian expat - her Sister is a Gynae &amp; she doesnt screen herself until the 3rd month (2nd T) because they think U/S makes a pregnancy unstable (and increases the chances of M/S). For me, I dont really buy this part because if that's really the case, it should be an 'international rule', this is how I deduce it lah.

I've read from pregnancy books &amp; such, even from BabyCenter app - it seemed like the encouraged time frame to visit a gynae &amp; U/S is on 12w onwards. I believed these are USA sources, which my friend in USA also freaked out abit when I told her I visit the gynae once every 3 weeks (I think their "normal" is 4-6 weeks until last T).

There are sources that claims that even weekly U/S wouldnt affect the fetus, and there are some that cited per U/S shouldnt last any longer than 30mins because it would be straining for the fetus. How it works is that the waves are sent to the BB and the signal is bounced back/off from the BB in order to deliver the image to you, although it is said that the waves signal are very low but some draw a parellel to why preggers cannot do X-ray because of the harmful waves (but I also think X-ray de waves are so much more stronger, so it's like not a fair comparison) so... to me, this debate is not going to end, hahahahah! Oh, before I forget, if I remember correctly the waves sent to listen to your BB's heatbeat are stronger - I think I read the above earlier somewhere here in this thread too because I listened to my BB heartbeat on W7 but read from some MTB that their gynae didnt encourage it until the later weeks cause it's not safe, oh geez!

Anyway.. I personally think it is fine, unless the Gynae said otherwise lah, like for instance, on that visit whereby I had OSCAR screening earlier on, then she advised me not to screen again... My visits are once every 3weeks like you too, I think I'm comfortable at that period difference, and also, aside OSCAR, most of the U/S done during visits are like 10-15mins, sometimes even lesser only so it shouldnt be THAT bad loh...

My 2 cents worth lah...

Back