(2012/08) Aug 2012

Ivftwin, I also plan to go do it. But I planing to have natural delivery and EDD is 2 weeks later. Dunno will strip allow or not. Ha ha....

ivftwins - c-sect this week!! wohooo... baby will be in yr arms soon... r u opting elec. c-sect?

I'm taking ml 1 week before actual so will clear 13 weeks.. too tired to wake up so early in the morning and moreover 1 wk before is my 38 wk le so i must be really prepared for my elec. c-sect on my 39 wks

Just called strip, was told that can do b wax after 1st tri. Dun think will trigger contraction. Just ensure that the position when waxing is safe for both u and bb. But for safer side, do check with doctor 1st. As some of us the skin might be a bit more sensitive that might trigger infection due to waxing/ ingrow hair. Do also check with the shop to ensure all equipment used during waxing are well sterilize and clean in order to avoid infection.

i ask strip before cos i go for leg and underarm. They mention a mother went for b-wax just few days before delivery. As long as you agree to sign indeminity form, they will allow i think.

but like ayukie, i damn scared of pain lah....such irony. isn't giving birth more painful?

Anyway, I will be visiting my gynae tml. So will double check with her if I can do b wax and will it trigger contraction or not. Will update again once I got her advise. Ha ha...

Also I think for C-sect mummies, b wax will not be a problem at all.

Dear gals,
My scan went well last Fri, BB at 2.9+ kg at 35+ weeks. Got a painful jab at the butt to help mature bb's lungs n gonna hv another jab the coming friday for the same purpose. CTG went ok, bb was rather sleepy. Scary to think that i'm now finally down to my LAST APPT the coming friday!!! Previously when i was just in first trimester n lying on the bed waiting to be scanned, I'd always see the scan of the previous mummy's bb and it's usually at 30+ weeks and I always wonder when will it every be my turn. Guess what? It's my turn in 7 days - C-Sect next Monday!!! WOOHOO!!!

Still have a few more things to buy. Walking is so difficult for me now. But I still wanna go Taka Fair on Wed and BB Expo Fair on Fri. hehehehe...

Ivftwin, it depend also. Some mummies dun really have much labour pain when delivery. But some experience a lot. Some ppl can take the pain during delivery but not those bit by bit pain while waxing. So it all depend on our mind. For me, I do b waxing before, at 1st I tot I can't take it but then after a while get use to the pain and it like nothing much. As for labour pain, I hasn't have before, cos 1st bb so can't say much... Ha ha...

Sashamama u plan to go which day? But do rem to rest more, during shopping. Try take small break in between shopping so won't over tired urself. I also doing the same. Then my hb also worried I over tired. So now, when we go shopping. He will try find place for me to rest after 1 or 2 hrs shopping. To ensure, I dun over tired. ;)

hazel, i agree! see whether i dare to finally or not...

sasha: Me too down to last appt tomorrow. then will be seeing my girl on sun!

Wah a lot of mummies, poping soon. Congrats. Hope my one will be a smooth one and same to all of u. The tot of seeing our little one face to face, really make me excited and nervous woo... LOL..,

I'll be seeing my girl thru ultrasound tml, hoping she will be willing to stay in my tummy until aug.

On b wax, haven do before but agree with hazel first time might be painful but subsequent times u just get used to it, same as eyebrow triming (by plucking the hairs instead of shaving). For me, actually i'll be getting hubby to help me trim instead (since he also doing the perineal massage for me as my hands are short and have difficulty reaching)

Congrats sasha...

Think soon this thread will be talking about how much milk we can pump!

Hazel : Think will have to be that case...

Gonna see my little one soon.. he is so active today... =)

Dear gals,
Thanks for ur well wishes!!! So exciting!!! hehe...

Dear Hazel,
Mine is next Monday 23rd July 1-3pm at TMC. FSM calculated. hehe... I walk 30mins need to rest liao, lol. So always looking for seats now and then and try not to stay out for more than 5hrs or so. Come home sure knock out and need to rest.

Dear ivftwins,
U also delivering at TMC? May u have a smooth smooth c-sect too!!! I heard TMC dun provide red date longan tea so I'm gonna ask mum to brew for me and bring.

Dear JC,
Ya lo, i rather concerned abt BM supply but will just focus on positive thoughts and seeking professional help!!!

Re: Containers for Sterilised bottles
Dear gals, i can't quite visualise the sterilisation and BF process. Need to buy an airtight container to put the sterilised bottles or sterilise just before using huh?

Sashamama, if u are planning to bring to hospital, sterilize 1st then dry it and put into ziplock bag before pack into ur bag. U can use airtight container but for me I prefer put at home use cos lazy to bring big item to and fro. Ha ha...

At hospital, I think u can ask the nurse to sterilize for u after use and put it back the ziplock bag / airtight container if u are bringing.

I tot of going to taka fair this wed. But hasn't decide on the time. Any mummies wanted to join?

Found a good alternative to buying storage cups or bottles or bags for express bm. If any of the mummies take bottled bird nest, keep the glass container and caps! It can be used to store expressed bm! Glass compared to all other materials is the best for storing food. And since the glass bottles and caps gone thru high heat sterlization process when bottling the bird nest, it should be safe to put into the electric sterlizer as well.
happy.gif

Just back from Gynae n can't help to feel worried. Little one's umbilical cord is around his neck n doc ask me to monitor his movements n make sure there are 10 movements for 12 hours. The last few weeks are so stressful. I think I better act fast n do up my stuffs soon just in case this boy becomes naughty n I got to c-sect. Dun like this sucky
Feeling..

Oh no starfantasy, I have been throwing away the bottles.....

Wat a waste....

The period cramp feeling come back again... Oh my god, this time more painful... Even laying also useless....

Hazel: Nvm, you can start keeping now, you can keep the bottles when you drink bird nest after you give birth. Monitor the trimming in between these cramps. Take care!

Star.. Doc says fluid a bit little though still adequate... Gonna stuff myself with water now.. Also drank coconut juice. Hope it helps. So much things to worry..

Starfantasy,
thanks for your encourgement.

i had a very disappointing day, in the morning thr doc said if my scan for the amniotic fluid index remained or increasd i can be discharged, but the scan come out to drop from 5.6 to 4.3. So i cannot go home, and need to stay in hospital for close observation. even though the weekend im drinkng a lot of water and coconut water, the AFI still decreased. And also missing my big one at home badly. i burst into tears in the ward, my emotion is so not under sontrol these days.

my bb in tummy weigh 2.24kg for 35weeks 3 days, is thst growth normal?

Auxin,
I have this problem before. My gynae asked me to drink young coconut juice and it really helps in increasing amniotic fluid. Drink it on each alternate day. The coconut drink Suggested from my gynae really saves my bb.
Now my gynaE is very satisfy with my conditions. Seen him today and we are thinking to postponed delivery date again if possible after this weeks growth scan. Well done to my baby and my gynae! He is really my saviour in this pregnancy!!

JC: Drink coconut juice is good but remember don't overdo it. Everything in moderation okie. It might help to talk to bb don't be so playful inside. Cos a talk I went to the speaker say there are babies who play with their umbilical cord!

Aixin: BB wight a little on the light side, but as long as every week bb got increase weight then it should be okie. As long as over 2KG at birth. Can you get your hubby to bring your other kid to the hospital to see you? I'm sure he/she would miss you too, and it might give you the emotional strength you need when you see him/her. If the ward don't allow visitors, then maybe facetime (iphone video conference)? :D

Star : I won't dare to over drink the coconut. I will still stick to once a week but will drink more water.. Been talking to him not to play with the cord n stay close with me for another few weeks... I hope I dun need to go thru the roller coaster emotions..

Aixin, dun worry too much, my no.1 was induced at exactly 36 weeks due to water level decrease and he was 2.6kg when he was born, he stayed at NICU for just 6 hours.. Now, no.2 is same situation, after Gynae checkup last evening, my water level decrease also, going to induce in the morning again at exactly 36 weeks.. Normally Gynae will try to wait for baby to be at least 36 weeks then will induce out so that their lungs are matured enuf to breathe on their own..

As the rest had mentioned, as long as bb over 2kg, nothing much to worry.. ;)

Dear mamas, haven't been in the thread for a while. All the best to all those who are popping soon! Been training new maid. Although supposed to be experienced, she doesn't seem to be aware of many things plus very forgetful and slowness
sad.gif

Yanlin, at what week ur gynae found out the water level is low? ok i will continue to drink coconut water.

starfantacy,
yeah you are right, im making video call with galfeel much better. but just too used to hug n sleep beside her everynite.

ET,
may i know what is the AFI you have that doc will start induce birth? my current AFIis 4.3, doc they will not induce if bb heartbeat n growth still ok, they try to let me hold till 37 weeks. im 36weeks today, so i really need another 7 days more.

Dunno leh, Gynae say water level drop, baby movement reduce, then induce lor.. I didn't ask in details, he say induce I induce lor.. But I did saw like 5.something.. Last time my boy he say something like 9 drop to 6 or something.. Paisei, can't give u details..

Aixin, dun be too depress ok, my wifey also same problem, initially she also quite affected by the poor result, low aminotic fluid + intrauterine growth retardation + breech position + high bp.....but as long as you take good care & think positively, all things will turn out well.

instead of worrying, i think we should look forward for the arrival of our precious little one. how's the nursery reno going on, i'll put up some pics of mine soon, please share how u parents/ptb have done up your nursery
happy.gif

i think most mummies are swollen... Feeling so tired now and work always end up more when I am going on ML soon... I may end up pop sooner than expected.

Just will do what I can to hand over. Headache.

stay strong mommies. WE've been doing great all these time! Especially for some of us whom had been trying hard to conceive.. this is really worth it!
happy.gif

I am also having water retention. Finally @ Week 36 i am taking off my wedding ring.. lol! Almost couldn't take it off.. panic for awhile. LOL!

My hospital bag has now upgraded to a luggage. Tot might as well bring that cos inside store the cordlife box, tripod, camera, my clothes and other things
happy.gif

I am excited and this week i hope is my final week at work so i can go rest and enjoy some ME TIME :D

Hang on all mommies! Very soon we are going to talk about BF LOL!

wow yanlin, can increase so much. good for you.
i just finished.another scanning today AFI increase from 4.3 to 4.6. though very little at least got increas.

bb also still growing, now 2.3kgs. so should be ok to hang on. counting day by days....

JC / Aixin / Yanlin / Sashamama:
All the best to you and may you have smooth delivery soon!!

I also feel bloated now.. not just the tummy but all over! Luckily already starting to count down to the popping date already.. woo-hoo! Going for my gynae visit tomorrow at week 36. Excited to find out his weight now..

By the way, anybody know if there is any (good) liquid powder brand in the market and where can I buy? I used to buy the Avent one but I guess they no longer have it now.. am looking for alternative as I do not want to use the constarch powder on baby..

Just have my check up today, was told bb yet to engage so won't be delivering soon even through I was in week 38. Doc didn't check for dilation or do CTG, not even ultrasound scan. Then hb asked how come no need do scanning. Then was told, if bb normal with constant growing and regular heartbeat then no need scan. Becos in order to get the weight of bb, they have to measure the bb head. Since bb head down, to get a actual size of the head is quite difficult. Therefore, was told no need to do scan.

I have check with gynae on the b waxing too. Was told that it is fine as long as all equipments are well sterilize and clean to prevent infection. Since I plan to go for natural birth which doc said no problem, then it shouldn't be a problem for C-sect too.

Back