(2012/08) Aug 2012

ivftwins - actually after u give birth hor even if u stop bf for awhile u squeeze still have milk can pump and latch again to build back supply cause when i stop bf after a mth or so when i squeeze still gt milk drops just less nia

Hazel: yes, the 2 pair free 1 pair with 10% discount is better than the price at the expo. I'll keep to my order of 2 pairs free 1 pair (total 3 pairs) all white. Thanks!!!!

Ayukie: compared to other reusable pads, drymama is more bigger and more comfy, although more expn. these breast pads can be thrown into a laundary bag then into the washing machine to wash. If you don't trust you maid to handwash, you can trust the washing machine ba. Have been doing that since I got mine from the expo.

On BF, unless there's special medical conditions, try to let bb latch on as much as possible. The lady who taught the bb class say that the problem with bottle feeding that is bb easy to overfeed (thus higher chance to be overweight) and also spend too little effort (cos the milk come out so easily) and some bb might in the end like th bottle and not the breast cos they don't want to work (to suck).

URGENT: GUI LAN Auntie! Confinement Lady

Dear Mummies To Be,

For mummies whom have engaged Gui Lan's Auntie for the coming months.

Please note that she have lost her sg handphone number. You may wish to contact her at 83558541

You may also find her on Facebook @ Wong Qui Lan

Thank You!

Star - I gave my son some fm initially due to too low yield of bm haha but after I get use to pumping the amt is sufficient for my boy and he's on total bm for a Yr + after so it's ok .. Actually my son prefer latch even tho he's on btl (Nuk btl) but I stop giving him comfort latch when his bites is painful haha

Ivftwins, me also on C-sect too.
Not to worry, if it's Mrs Wong from TMC coming by to guide you she'll be able to assist you on BF as she's very experienced.I met her when giving birth to #1 at TMC but this time round going for Gleneagles.

For my #1, friend lent me Medela Swing which is a single electric pump and experienced 1 side leaking while the other side is pumping.
Felt very messy..
Hopefully this time can do betta for my #2.
This time round gonna get own Medela Freestyle to the hospital to pump and stimulate the milk flow in case bb lazy to latch on.
Hopefully this twin electric pump can work betta.

These days felt that my back is aching more..
Reading June thread mummies popping one by one with their birth stories are exciting and also feeling our dates are also getting nearer!

Ayukie: I think next time when mine starts to grow teeth and bite, I'll give her the bottle too. But for now, I hope to let bb latch on as much as possible. Disposable nursing pads are great if you need to go overseas or as emergency. I also got a box to stand by in case my reusable ones cannot dry in time.. :D

Dear Jen,
All the best for ur new maid! PM me if u need the docs i compiled for maid. On guidelines and schedule! Mine is still doing well after 3 + weeks. Keeping fingers crossed!!! Oh yes, can no off days meh? Only first 6 months no off days, after that once a month off one day is compulsory i thought? Sometimes maid is agreeable but when the time comes, she can exercise her right to have off days once a month? I thought so.

Re: Fengshui master (Anyone has comments?)

(1) Jing Zi Long http://www.jingzilong.com/
$120 for selection of c-sect date.
Call to give date range n daddy mummy's ba zi. Report n best dates will be available in 2 days for collection. Will hv a chance to see Jing Zi long shifu if need clarifications on why those dates.
If baby born n wanna choose names, payment is $60 cos paid $120 for c-sect date. If no c-sect date calculation, then the baby naming costs $88. 10 middle characters n 10 last characters will be given for mixing n matching. This is done after baby born even if c-sect.

(2) Taimaobi http://www.taimaobi.com/
Baby naming $88: 5 best names plus 10 middle characters + 10 last characters provided too for mix n match
Making of Taimaobi $38 - $428 dependent on design n material
No selection of c-sect date service
No package price

(3) Chen Shifu 63526577 Toa Payoh
Baby Naming: $88 - some middle n last characters given, no fixed number as it depends on the baby's ba zi, etc, sometimes only 5 suitable characters, other times more than 10
C-Sect Date & Time: $188
To give info beforehand, will calculate n arrange for meeting to explain (waiting time might be 1 week or so especially when Shifu needs to go overseas)

MERRY WEEKEND GALS!!!

Ivftwins,
#1 was delivered in tmc and Wong bb didn't come by my room, another LC came instead. To me, Tmc is not v pro breast feeding...tot Kkh shd be quite pro bf ? Personally feel that we as mummies shd be very determined and that's enough to sustain the bfeeding journey, hb has to be very supportive too.

Ayukie,
Opps Choy Choy touch wood !! Me very worried leh so scared will happen again..sigh...u think hm phototherapy is gd ? Hb and I was thinking if this time jaundice again, tot of admit hospital hopefully can clear faster....
My girl is also on NUK bottles...think is gd as she was able to be bottle fed and latch, no nipple confusion...

I latch my girl fr 2.5 mth til 14mth, her first tooth sprout at 9mos, can teach her not to bite. Initially they bite due to curiosity...don't wean them off due to teething....

Hi mummies, my update:
I was hospitalized for 3 nites for high fever n asthma. Blood test also showed high white blood count. On the first day, I was on drip and lots of inhaler. Sub days was better just on antibiotic drip and inhaler. I have discharged and now on 2 types of antibiotics. Much better now but still weak.
One interesting thing must share with all: just 5 days of not applying the stretch mark oil, my stretch marks became so obvious and many, so conclusion it's a must to apply oil, esp clarins. Imagine I have been applying for so many months and just 5 days, it's all showing, so sad
sad.gif

Oh my bill, I was at maternity ward 2 bedded at gleneagles and cost me $4k+
sad.gif

JA: can share tips on how to teach bb when they start to bite while bf?

AG: buy 2 pair free 1 pair better value. Color wise if i'm not wrong, if you buy 2 pair free 1 pair one, 2 pairs have to be same color while the free pair can choose another color? Hazel, can correct me if i'm wrong?

Btw I checked with the glene nurses, we are allowed to buy 2 bottles of FM upon discharge. Also we get only a swaddle cloth, they don't provide bb clothes.
I took a number of the 1 n 2 bedroom pics, if anyone wants to have a look, let me know so I can pm u. I don't know how to post in FB:p

J~a : yeah no nipple confusion can btl feed n latch no issue with the Nuk btls ESP the wide teats ..

J~a : Erm haha at first can teach n endure subsequently even no teeth also v painful lol so I stop latching him at all even though he wanted but it's still alright lah cause also wean off his comfort feeding which isn't that good too
happy.gif
anyway I still bf him till my target of 1 Yr so quite ok to me lor haha also I need him clear the btls too hee so poor boy Bo fresh milk :p ..

I chose Hm cause I can't bear for him to be naked in the container in hosp and I need to feel him also I need him around me as well so I will prefer home as long never endanger him .. So I will chose Hm agn n agn .. Longer nvm as long they healthy n with us ...

Star - use fingers prevent them from biting if I rem correct but finger also pain lol so I stop latch :p b4 the teeth sprout already will pain (when their gum solid)

Ayukie: ur boy remind me when i was young. My mum din bf me so i was bottle fed. However after eat feed i would not let go of thr bottle and keep onto it for comfort. I chew on the teat until it has to be replaced pretty often.. XD hopefully my girl won follow her mum.. Haha

AG: good to hear that u r discharged! Hope u r feeling better already :D

For mummies who fall sick recently, do you feel that bb will experience discomfort as well? Like i gotten flu (no fever just running nose n sore throat) a few days back, i try not to take med and let it heal naturally. For those few days when my body is weak, realise bb also feeling discomfort, she would either trash ard or harden up into a ball by one side of the tummy (not false contraction cos the harden up is near the top of tummy not lower).

Starfantasy, same here having flu these few days then my bb also harden up. So I can feel she also not very comfort.

Dear mummies,

Just to clarify on drymama order, the normal pad 2 pairs +1 pair free with 10% off is much more worth it and cheaper than the expo motherhood fair. For colour wise, i think can have mix and match as the sale never mentioned we have to have 2 pairs of same colour. I will ensure it with the sales again on Monday.

The order list will be close on Sunday before midnight in order for me to finalize our order.

Dear KJ and connie,

Base on your order, KJ was looking at 1 pair full white, collection point not stated and Connie was looking at 2 pairs beige and black and collection point is jurong west.

I will like to check if is the qty stated finalize or will be changes? As stated 3 pairs is cheaper, I suggest both of you to combine order in order to get the best deal. But I need to know the collection point of KJ in order for me make arrangement for for her.

Thank you.

AG, glad that you are feeling betta and have a good rest ya!
I'm also using Clarins oil and alternately Bio Oil for prevention of stretch marks.
Will you be delivering at Glen E as well?

Star, when I was having real bad cough for the past weeks also try not to take medication.
Cough until tummy so pain..
Gynae advises if mummy doesn't feel well will affect bb as well.
Was afraid that the cough will trigger bb to be delivered early so no choice in the end took the medication and is now much betta.

Hi hazel, I have updated my order in ur list. Let me know if you don't see it and ur account to transfer. Btw, they send to us directly?
Star fantasy, if u are sick just take medicine, don't drag it and let it worsen. My cough has been dragged too long that it caused more complications.

Nikki: ya if too bad better to take med. i also only took the flu med 1 time instead of 3 a day like gp instructed cos after 1 time i feel better le, so decided to let body slowly get well.

AG: ameda got service center? Can call them up to ask?

AG - either bp or spree urself or else if its the valves can get frm kiddy palace they gt a brand dunno what brand same as ameda if not all else infantree lor at tagore lane

star - erm well my boy also haha so i stop whahhaaa .. im still replacing my sonny teats and straws very frequently ... -__-"

AG, yes they will send all purchase to all mummies door step this time round.

I will start PM all mummies tonight and get all the delivery address and provide them the details by Monday night.

Hi Hazel, I'm interested in the DryMama too. Can I add in my order? I'll have 1 white, 1 black and beige & 1 black and pink.
Thks.

Yes Nikki me delivering at gleneagles. After paying this hospitalization bill of 4k+, I think I shall endure and just go for 2 bedded. Havent deliver already spend a bomb.
Thanks loves, I need to replace all my parts since its 3 years old liao. I am on HL till next thu so will use this time to also get everything ready. I am totally not ready n when I was admitted to hospital, I was like damn my room and stuff are not ready.

Helping an auntie post this thread and see if the response is good. Made of good quality cotton cloth and cute design picture for you to choose. Mattress cover come in either zip form which is fully cover for both side or rubber band form which cover 1 side of the mattress. Looking at $10 for size smaller than 70cm x 100cm and pillow case at $3 each. email to [email protected] if u have any other enquiries. Thanks.

Just chosen Dr Su Lin Lin as I can't get Prof Mary. Then hear Dr Su also good. So give it a try.

So u won't be able to complete the course.

Hazel, yeah i wont be able to complete the course. But i supposed it should be ok. The last lesson will be taught in the ward. I heard of Dr Su. She called Prof Biswas for advise. I heard sister told me that Prof actually do surgery for fetus, and he is the top gynae in NUH. Now i m under weekly monitoring. Baby's growth is also monitoring weekly.

Hi all mummies. I'm from the june thread. Just gave birth in mount a on 7th June, currently doing my confinement.

I would like to introduce my confinement lady should anyone of u still looking for one. She is able to start mid July onwards till sept. she is very very experienced, cooks well and boils very nourishing soup for me, which helps to boost my breastmilk. She was even hired to go to Australia to do confinement previously and is going again end year.

You can SMS me at 98470741 if any of u are still looking out. Thanks!

Yanlin, actually I wanted choose Prof Biswas but my hubby asked me y wan to choose an Indian guy..... I fainted Loh... Anyway, my hubby a bit MCP and tradition type of guy Loh. So I tell him then choose Dr Su Loh as I kw she seek advise from Prof Biswas LOL....

Hazel,I see. He was highly recommended by my ex gynae in mt E. so my instinct told me that he is the one for my girl. After research on my conditions, I know I'm always under the best care tt I could ever get. Most importantly, he is very experienced and he knows what is the best for us.

Back