(2012/06) Jun 2012

Dear mummies!

Happy New Year to all of you!

I am currently 19 weeks and second pregnancy but I don't seem to feel my baby movements in my tummy.

Is there anything wrong? I going for the detailed test at my 20 weeks next week. Feel so nervous.

Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Joanne: try pressing your tummy lightly to the table, and see whether baby moves.

are you big sized or petite?

me going for detailed scan next week too

Baby movement
-------------
I felt my baby movement quite early this time, maybe it's 2nd pregnancy.
happy.gif

Dizziness
---------
I'm currently experiencing this, it's horrible! Like the whole world is spinning, and I sway when i walk and it gets worse when I lack of sleep. I started on iron pills but if i forget to eat them, it will come back. I'm going to HK end of Feb with my family, scare I'll faint. Any mommies experience this?

Pregnancy Weight
----------------
I've lost 2kg during my 1st trimester, and then I gained back recently so altogether, I only gained 1kg from my original weight. I'm going for my FA scan tmr, hopefully i din gain too much more, hehe!

Pre-natal exercise
--------------------
i think it helps to give birth faster leh. I did pre-natal yoga for my 1st pregnancy. I reached hospital at 5am and already 7cm dilated and gave birth at 9plus am. So I guess it might be faster for my 2nd one. But then, I'm too lazy this time to go for yoga or whatever..haha!

Baby Gender
-----------
Luckily both my mother and MIL have no preference for gender. But my mother was hoping i get a boy this time since I already have a girl. She believes it's good to have 1 gender of each. Both my elder brothers and I have one Girl first, then a Boy; so coincidence!
happy.gif

glass
------
Ya, me too...nearly fainted a few times. Must walk very slowly. Today it got worse! Usually I feel better when i sit down in the office but now it's still spinning. I need to claim hours and go home rest later. I've overworked the past 2 days.

AsRias
-------
I took my pre-natal yoga at Inspire Mum & Baby.
http://inspiremumbaby.com/inspiremumdetails.asp?no=1
Last time, i paid $300 for 10 lessons, but now they are having some sale or something so the price reduced. Available at Simei or Tanjong Pagar.

joycie
that's a pretty reasonable price for the prenatal yoga class!! i used to go for yoga often at true yoga but never attended prenatal yoga there before, going to start from next week onwards lor.. dunno will feel paiseh or not with a big tummy, haha..

Yah I agree the price is quite ok..... coz those i saw is like $800-$900.... almost fainted.

But simei and tanjong pagar far for me...coz I dont work in town

Nattan

Where u taking ur antenatal class? Do drink more water. My gf was telling me that our immune system should be stronger now. I'm trying very hard not to take medicine too.

hi mummies, im from the may mummy thread
happy.gif
just dropping by to say hi cos my edd is between 27 may to 1 june.
Also want to let go of my brand new philip avent breastpump as my hubby buy the wrong one!! so i want to sell it away, and get the one i wanted. This philip avent is going at $480, the original price i gotten from the seller. Interested, please pm me
happy.gif
Thanks and enjoy the pregnancy journey!

drinking more water
talking about water, during my last pregnancy, i rem reading somewhere that we will get less water retention if we drink enough water... so i drank 2 liters daily back then, and it's true that my water retention was not serious..

this time round i am doing the same, although i take soft drinks sometimes, i still drink 2 liters everyday in office.. but somehow i notice when i weigh myself at night hor, i am at least 1.5-2kg heavier than my weight in the morning, lol.. not sure if it's the water in my body sia..

Felicia, u are not alone!! I somehow I store alot of water and only pass it out at night or in the middle of the night.

The last time i weigh myself at night vs in the morning also 1.5kg difference. Coz I peed alot in the middle of the night.

Hi Mummy,

Gong Xi Fa Cai To All!

It have been awhile since im cm into this chat room.

Finally most of my major projects at office was done. Finally I can sit down and relax myself and start to feel my baby bump and baby movement,

Just went for detail scan last sat. Im so so happy that its a gal. I can finally close shop liao. haha.. so excited abt all the buying of gals clothings, hair clips and more..

Im in my 21 weeks now, and i gain 2.7kg so far.

For CL, I have already book mine.

Now thinking if i shld start to book for masssage lady after my birth. I did get one after I gave birth to my #1.

Any to recommend?

Mummies,

Do most of u FB?

Can I start a group in FB so we can oso chat from there? If u all are keen, pls find me in FB under Adeline Raleigh

AsRias
haha i see, good to know that i am not alone.. guess will just continue drinking ba, heng gynae visit all in the morning, or else my gynae will scold me upside down for my rapid weight gain..

raleigh
wow 2.7kg only?! i really envy those mummies who put on very little weight lor.. i can't imagine if i eat whatever i want and how much more i will put on, already tried to control a bit still put on so much sia.. =(

for the massage lady, last time my one got a prob lor, need to wash the binder and towel and return to her on the following day.. find it very troublesome so thinking of getting another massage lady this time round, but dun have lobang so far...

Raleigh, thats a good idea. Maybe can make it a private group also.

So far now at 18th week i've put on about 4kg liao. Gynea ok with it. He just said whole pregnancy not more than 15kg is ok.

raleigh > add me?
happy.gif

BM supply
Red dates drink cn hlp to increase supply. Bt I can't rem whn to start drinking liao. Anyone knw? Oh n we shld start massaging our breasts towards the end of the last tri. Bt do in moderation. cos stimulation of breasts cn also trigger early delivery.

Hi, just to ask few days ago my house power trip n there is a short circuit when I off the power for the kettle. Would it affect the baby?

re part time work
spoke to my big boss, he's sort of ok with it, but concerned about my well being with all the travelling. told me to think about it over the weekend and he would try to get hq to expedite my application.

so now cannot go and buy the uniform over the weekend. hope everything can work out fine

Chris, I have started on red dates with longans. I thought it is supposed to make baby stronger.

Think the best increas for milk supply is green papaya fish soup or something like that

Hi mummies,

I've got two swaddle wraps for sale. Baby refused to be swaddled after Day 6.

Brand new (washed once to prep for baby's arrival)
Size: Small/Medium (3.2kg - 6.4kg)
Price: S$22 (Orignal price: S$29.50)

url]

url]

url]

Almost new - used once only
Size: Small/Medium (3.2kg - 6.4kg)
Price: S$18 (Orignal price: S$29.50)

url]

url]

url]

Collection: Raffles Place or AMK on weekdayys. I can drop it off at your place on weekends if I'm in your area.

Email me @ [email protected] if interested.
happy.gif

Glass > The drink is said to hlp in bm supply too. nt sure is it jus bcos it is additional fluid intake though. U start the drink so early arh? Isn't it too heaty? Hw often u drink n hw much? Ya, green papaya fish soup cn also hlp, bt tat is aftr delivery. Nw cannot tak green papaya! (vry impt) Aftr delivery cn also tak fenugeek.

Chin, I signed up for antenatal classes at PEH. It's best you sign up with the hospital you intend to deliver in.

Totally lost my sense of taste and smell after taking the medication
sad.gif
Skipped lunch and only had milo and crackers for dinner :p

Chris, i thoight can take heaty stuff but not liang stuff. Anyway, i drink once every two to three weeks when my mum feels like making.

Yup green paupaya for after delivery

glass > tat frequency is fine lar. For my 1st preg, thers a period i drink 3 to 4 times a wk of abt 1 litre. Ya, cn tak heaty stuff, bt mus also moderate. Dpd on individual, i gt heaty quite easily. Whn i m heaty, my gum wil swell, throat wil gt inflammation n etc. So jus moderation lor. Smmore w the weather nw, really mus tak care.

I like longan water too. CNY drank alot. I think 2nd tri can take both heaty n liang? Then 3 tri take more liang for easy birth..

Nattan: sick? Muz take care hor.. This weather siao 1..

Best is to eat according to ur body, heaty or liang then u adjust, different constitution need to eat n drink different things. So it may not work the same for all. Just take in reference will do.

Actually if take too much heaty stuff, just counter by drinking more water. Sore throat is caused by eating sweet stuff and not drinking water to wash it down, letting the bacteria multiply and cause sore throat.

<font color="aa00aa">Food to avoid from 5M to 10M
Extracted from the Chinese book entitled "怀孕前后吃什么"

5M - AVOID
1) 杜绝 Food that are too salty - affect Calcium absorption
2) 杜绝 Oily food - may combine with Calcium to become insoluble, affect Calcium absorption
3) 谨防 Cold drinks - 多吃能使胃肠血管突然收缩,胃液分泌减少,消化功能降低,从而引起食欲不振,消化不良,腹泻,胃部痉挛,出现剧烈腹痛现象,而且还会刺激宝宝,使他在子宫內躁动不安,胎动会变得频繁。
4) 少食 spicy food - irritate stomach, increase intestinal movement, bloatedness, cause or aggravate 痣疮, constipation, or even baby's health development

6M - AVOID
1) Spicy food, coffee, concentrated tea, alcohol, etc. that excite nervous system, overly salty food to reduce kidney load or cause hypertension
2) Some fish but avoid fish oil as 鱼油会影响凝血功能 (coagulation),吃多了可能会增加出血的几率。

7M - AVOID
1) 吃肉要适当。Excess may cause mother &amp; baby to be overweight, difficult to digest &amp; absorb
2) Salty fish - may cause cancer

8M - AVOID
1) 不宜大量进补 - overweight
2) 尽量少用香料 (e.g. 大料,小茴香,胡椒,花椒,桂皮,五香粉,辣椒等热性调味品) 有刺激性, 很容易消耗肠道水份,使胃肠腺体分泌减少,造成肠道干燥,便秘或粪石梗阻。这样,排便時必然用力,很容易引起腹压增大,压迫宫内的胎儿,易造成发育畸形,胎动不安,羊水早破,自然流产,早产等不良后果。
3) 忌食用高糖食物 - overweight

9M - AVOID
1) 不宜多食蜜饯,话梅,陈皮类蜜饯。
2) 不要吃青蛙。May cause life. 吃蛙肉会增加母体和胎儿感染曼氏迭宫绦虫病的机会。Consumption will take in pesticide.

# To prepare for breastfeeding at 10M
FOOD THAT SUPPRESS MILK
* 韭菜 (chives),麦芽 (malt),人参等食物

FOOD TO INCREASE MILK 备乳食物
* Cow's milk, Goat's milk, Egg, Fish, Meat protein, Beans, 素食类的催乳食品会对人体起到更好的作用。
* 丝瓜络。将丝瓜与鲫鱼,猪蹄,腰花煨汤,喝下后发现乳汁旺盛,this is due to the soup. Boil 丝瓜络 with meat soup will increase milk.
* 花生
* 莴笋 (lettuce)

10M - AVOID
Over-eating

TIPS
* Eat chocolate before delivery for energy, nutrients, speed up recovery, stimulate milk production</font>

Wow.. I slept over 12 hrs.. woke up at 10+am. But fortunately felt a lot better so decided not to continue with medication.

Moi, I thought chocolate contains caffeine, so is it advisable for breastfeeding mums to eat?

I'm quite heaty by nature, so not sure when I should drink the longan red date drink.

Oh no....I noticed I have put on too much weight as compared to most of you. In total put on 6.5Kg at 18 weeks. Gotta control my weight from now onwards....abit hard though....glutton me. :p

Nattan,

You should try to drink some honey water esp Manuka honey which I heard it's very good for sore throat and safe to consume during pregnancy.

My face have a terrible outbreak and acne problem since 1st trimester. Dunno how to overcome this problem....look so ugly.

Anna, yes I took some honey water and pipagao...helps a little. I actually lost 1+kg just being sick over 2 days! :p No appetite cos lost my sense of taste and smell.

Your acne problem is due to the pregnancy hormone. Don't worry... it will go away. Meanwhile, you can avoid foods that aggravate acne like caffeine, sugary and oily fried foods. Eat more foods rich in vitamin C and E like fruits, vege and soya bean products.

<font color="aa00aa">nattan,
The book said before delivery though it also mentioned that eating chocolate had been shown to bear happier babies. Anyway, newborns are sleepy so I think a little caffeine before delivery should be fine.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">^_^

<font color="ff0000"><blink>Happenings at Singapore Expo in Feb 2012</blink></font>

<font size="+1">Baby Expo</font>
17 - 19 February 2012
Hall 4A | 11am - 9pm (Fri &amp; Sat), 11am - 8pm (Sun)
Public – Free Admission

Enjoy a fun and informative day out at the Baby Expo packed with a vast range of products. Check out the unbeatable offers on all your pregnancy and parenting essentials, and discover the latest product innovations - all under one roof!

For details:
Vivacious Media Pte Ltd
Tel: +65 6404 3676
Fax: +65 6343 9600
Email: [email protected]

<font size="+1">Babycare Festival 2012</font>

24 - 26 February 2012
Hall 3A | 11am - 9pm (Fri &amp; Sat), 11am - 8pm (Sun)
Public - Free Admission

BabyCare Festival is back with a Let's Tot!- themed extravaganza to celebrate the joys babies and toddlers bring. Expect heaps of exhilarating entertainment, exciting activities, educational health talks AND fabulous buys for both parents and babies. BabyCare Festival 2012 is one family event you don't want to miss!

For details:
Mediacorp Pte Ltd

<font size="+1">NATAS Travel 2012</font>
24 - 26 February 2012
Halls 3B, 4 &amp; 5 | 10am - 9.30pm
Admission by Ticket ($4 Adults, children below 12 years Free)

It's never too early to plan your next getaway…come and be inspired by exotic destinations, feed your sense of adventure, indulge your passion for culture, or simply seek out the ultimate relaxing escapade. The world is your oyster at the NATAS Travel Fair!

For details:
National Association of Travel Agents Singapore
Tel: +65 6534 0187
Email:[email protected]

<font size="+1">Watsons Expo Sale</font>
24 - 26 February 2012
Hall 6B | 10am - 10pm
Public – Free Admission

All your personal care needs, and health and beauty essentials offered at incredible discounts!

For details:
Watson's Personal Care Stores Pte Ltd
Tel: +65 6337 3433
Fax: +65 6337 1914

<font size="+1">Carrefour Sales</font>
23 - 26 February 2012
Foyer 2, Level 2 | 10am - 10pm
Public – Free Admission

Stock up on your fave brands and take advantage of some fabulous savings!

For details:
Carrefour Singapore Pte Ltd
Tel: +65 6333 6868
Fax: +65 6333 6178

<font size="+1">John Little Mega Expo Sale</font>
9 - 19 February 2012
Public - Free Admission
Hall 5</font>

Hi all mommies, happy lunar new year!
I'm still in KL. did a check up and found out bb is a boy at 18 week. Check up in KL is so cheap. Only RM 120, I got a 4d video and bb heartbeat file+ one mth calcium, iron n folic acid.

Caught a bad sore throat and cough from hubby =(.
Din see doc since I din really wanna take medicine in case affect baby. Now just downing water and more water.

Nattan, can take pipagao? I bought one bottle but it say for pregnant woman pls consult doctor. Hubby scared so dun let me take liao. I only took one spoon b4 bed coz my throat was really terrible.

Hi mummies, just curious. Anyone know the difference between the baby expo fair on 17-19feb n the baby care festival on 24-26 feb?

Thanks in advance!

Shopping again! Wahah... Anyone near east can go on fridays then update us on good buys?
I'm keen in safety gate only.. Diapers too of course.

Asrias, i'm sure doc will prescribe lozenges suitable for preggys.

Raleigh, red dates is a muz during confinement. Can't drink plain water as the dates water will help replenish blood. Now drink no harm. If u drink water post birth, might dilute blood so they say may be aneamic. How true i dunno lah.. I just follow.

AsRias, I took pipagao twice. Some mummies online have taken it and it's fine. Doc also prescribed lozenges plus other flu meds. I took doc's prescription for 1.5 days and stopped cos feeling better already.

Expo baby show see organizer is different. Must be careful nowadays. For me sure if want to go will go the mediacorp one. Sure better more promo more stalls etc. i remember during my wedding prep got once I kena trick. Organizer not famous in fact only very small place, and very few bridal.

Red date drink last time I don't drink any. Didn't know which one is red date and dunno how to cook. I'm not anaemic though. I always drink water only. Just imagine those ang moh also didn't know red date. But last time 1 mth I always drink yellow ginger + tamarind drink ( kunyit asam). I think it's the one causing my baby become yellow for a few mths. Dunno next time maybe I won't drink or just drink 1 week. Huhu

hey, all first time mummies..

1. can i ask when did u all start getting the essential stuff for the baby; things such as baby cot, mittens, booties, clothings, bath tub, mat, towels, lotion, blankets, milk bottles etc etc..?? too kiasu to start buying now??

2. where did u all buy maternity clothing from? i dun wan to spend alot on maternity clothings.. anyone buy from gmarket or any place/webbie to intro? i was juz thinking of buying empire dresses to wear but not sure if i can still wear till delivery?

3. wat are the current supplements that you all are taking now? i am currently taking calcium, obimin multivitamins and natal careplus.. i running out of them... do u all go back to gynae to replenish or can get from pharmacy?

jenny: get those items during baby fairs, but for stuff like detergent and other lotions, don't get too many until your baby is born, coz you don't know how sensitive the baby's skin may be. Other stuff, try to get hand me downs, coz I feel no need to spend too much money on these.

re maternity clothing, I bought those loose tops that are longer in length and flare out at tummy area from normal fashion stores. Some of those cheaper stores sell one top for about $15 to $20. Then match with leggings, or buy maternity pants. United Sq has a few shops

medicine: I'm taking iron, calcium, multi-vits, and fish oil. I get from gynae coz too lazy to go to pharmacy, but probably more expensive.

confinement lady: booked at 2 months already. Better book now. I went with GPLS last time. This time round got friends' recommendation. agency they help you settle MOM work permit and stuff.

jenny

I get my multivits &amp; calcium from gynae. The pure calcium can only be prescribed by a doctor, those that we buy in pharmacies contain other minerals/vitamins, which I don't like. I have no idea where to get the Prenavit multivits also, so I get from gynae. But calcium &amp; multivit are not expensive. A few dollars only. As for fish oil, I buy Nordic Naturals brand from iHerb. Can buy from Vitakids at Paragon or United Sq too, still cheaper than from gynae.

As for baby clothes, you can buy anytime. In fact, if you're more mobile now, you shd try to settle as much as possible in case you can't walk much during 3rd tri. I bought my baby clothes from The wholesale shop at Bigis, opposite the Guanyin temple.

Maternity clothes - if you're small-size, you can buy maternity pants/leggings &amp; wear with long, loose, empire tops. For me, I can't fit into non-maternity bottoms at all, so no choice gotta buy. There's a shop called Carrano at Bugis also, sells quite reasonable maternity stuff.

CL - I'm getting from TMC Parentcraft. I'm anal lah, cannot stand those traditional, pro-FM, u hygienic, dun bathe type of CL. So I get from TMC. Hopefully they can help me with my BF by cooking all the nice sops for me hee

good morning ladies! my first day @ work in dragon year
happy.gif

Jenny: just get essentials like a week's supply of clothes n hankies n diapers.
booties n mittens just get abt 2 pairs. cause they dun dirty fast initially + they dry fast.
destin creamy - nappy rash is necessary. get from forum or just go pharmacy n buy.
lotions n stuffs wait till near birth or post birth. cause u dunno abt skin yet. either get those 400ml sized first or buy sampler set.

then furniture like cot n strollers, u can slowly search. cause designs varies.. choosing between cot n playpen is tough. pros n cons.
size also an issue. can fit ur room? expandable to toddler use? etc..

Maternity
so far i bought from Old Navy nursing tops. they r good enough for maternity wear n post birth wear to save cost. mostly i gotten tops so u can just buy some elastic cotton pants which is highly fashionable nowadays. very cheap too. just mix n match.

supplements
I haven't eaten any. though i already have prenatal vits n fish oil. these 2 r basics.

Back