(2012/06) Jun 2012

Petrina - Thanks so much for the spreadsheet, very useful.
happy.gif
But don't drink too much Gong Char (esp. with tea cos it contains caffine).

Loshita - Sorry i'm very blur, what is a seaband? And where can i buy it?

Wow, many mommies giving birth in June next year. i heard June is a popular mth besides Oct! Anyway it seems like many mommies are suffering from MS, must worse than their first pregnancy. Last night, I vomitted everything just after 2 spoons of dinner and 3 mouths of water. It was horrible!

Welcome Hilda!

Joycie, dun worry it will b over soon. Now tat i'm in week 10, my MS actually reduce a lot! My appetite is so good I have to eat something every 2 hrs... some biscuits or small stuff.

Can't fit into a lot of my work clothes cos my tummy is very bloated. Now a lot of colleagues r suspecting! haha time to go shopping for new clothes!

peapea: I also recently can't sleep at night cos i've been dozing off in the office during day time. And also maybe i'm thinking too much at night time so can't sleep, haha! Then morning jialat, cannot wake up for work.

Hi Peapea>> Yes I went to the gynae already. I went on 17 Oct, becoz after testing positive on 5 home kits... my hubby still don't believe it! He does not trust products that I can buy off the shelf... *roll eyes*
So I went online to find a gynae that is near my office and fees seem reasonable and I made an appt and we went to see him that every afternoon!
After I told the doc my hubby don't believe in the kits... we did a US but could not see anything! So we took a blood test. 2 days later the result came back, I am pregnant... about 2-3 weeks.... went for my 2nd US 2 days ago and this time we saw the sac! I am so excited... I hope we can find the heartbeat 2 weeks later when I go for my 3rd US... but I am in realy early stages... so not sure if in 2 weeks can see the heartbeat or not....
My gynae is Dr Brian Chow @ Lucky Plaza. How about you? Have you gone to a gynae yet?

Joycie, im like you right now except the moment i reach home and touch the sofa i will fall asleep no matter how i struggle.. and then, i cant sleep at night liao... trying to change this habit

hilda, havent seen a doctor yet because the clinic advise to wait till 6 week then see doc... so my appt will be on 12th nov.. cant wait!

having some gastric pains now after i throw up... very uncomfortable...

hi peapea, maybe u shld eat some dry biscuits once u feel nauseous. Got this advise from other MTB & it really helps. It's also not good to puke with empty tummy.
If it's really very bad, u can ask ur gynae for anti-nauseous medicine.

peapea>> I think you should go see a gynae asap, at least just to get some vit from him la. Like for me, my gynae also say I am very early, but he still gave me Folic Acid to take. I later read that Folic Acid helps with the very very early stages of the baby's development... some even advise to start taking when you are trying for the baby so that the moment the baby is formed, he/she can imm get Folic Acid to help the development...
I think at least see the gynae once, start taking the vits... then the next appt can be the following month instead of in 2 weeks lo...
Anyway, which gynae did you choose?

Hilda, taking folic acid for several months liao. Cuz I have been ttc-ing since dec last year. So no worries on folic acid part. Going to Dr Benjamin tham =)

Dreamy, thanks for the tips. I have gastric probs since young. So it seems to keep acting up now

Welcome ladies
happy.gif

Congrats to all new comers
happy.gif

Joycie: i try to drink lesser gong cha abt 1 cup every wk.
Recently bought haitai brand crackers. Very nice n good for my ms..
Pea: i also puking on empty tummy in morn. Just to reinform, u can get seaband nausea band. It helps lessen the ms.
Get folic from pharmacy first if u have yet to c gynae. Start on folic earlier is btr.
Dreamy: good la.. U reaching 2nd tri soon. Can announce soon... Keke.. I've changed gynae to Prof Chong in NUH. I insist on vbac. So i need a supportive gynae.

Joycie: hihi whAt a coincidence on our edd. This is my second one.

Re gynae on leave, I also thought about this when the nurse said the gynae was going on leave in dec. So I'm not sure whether mine will be on holiday during June. Guess this is the problem with June edd

Hi mummies to be!

Anyone of you doing brazilian ipl? read about it some say it's safe some say it's not.. So just asking if anyone is still doing since pregnant ;)

I'm going 9 and MS also start to kick slowly...

Glad to hear so many of us pregnant... Can't wait for June 2012 to welcome all our little one..
happy.gif

Rest well all!

Brand new Singapore set (Bought from mom and babes) medela swing pump with end Oct warranty. Selling $250. MSG 96922155 to deal.. unopened and blank warranty.

Sorry to disturb... this might interest some of you on the go.
this is what you need to bring along with your baby!

For only $16!!! was $19.90 with FREE POSTAGE
Other designs available too. PM me for details

6247144.jpg

morning ladies

petrina, im taking pre-natal multi vits currently tog with folic acid... vomitting actually isnt that bad, it is the gastric pains that comes after that bothering me

finally could sleep well yesterday cuz didnt take nap after work! but slept early like 10+...

glass,
Ya lor! School holiday period! Argh..
Shall we ask the gynea before booking appointment? Later kena chop again
sad.gif
. $120++ leh per appointment. I'd rather buy new toys for my #1 compare to go to gynea and kena chop.

pea: i also have similar problem. i guess it's old gastric issues coming back to haunt us.
esp in morning when there's nothing to puke, the gagging part will not stop until the yellow bile juice comes out. super horrid feeling. then whole bus journey super hungry, can't wait to reach ofc to have breakfast.
sleepwise, i have been slping early. ard 9pm. but very light sleep. i get woken up easily in the middle of the night. plus many dreams in between, so morning it was as if i nvr slept.

now i eat abt 8 meals a day.
morning half plate bee hoon
mid morning 1 curry puff
lunch half bowl plain porridge
mid afternoon 3pkt haitai crackers *interval of 1hr each*
dinner half bowl rice with some veg or plain soup.

then the issue of hungry stomach starts ard 2am.. but i'm too lazy to wake up to eat. so i let tummy growl till i fall aslp again.

Hello Mummmies!
Im new here
happy.gif
..im currently in my 7th week and expecting my first baby..Edd will be on the 20th June.Very stressed since this is my first baby..dunno what to do and expect
sad.gif
Went to see gynae yesterday..but cant see baby need to come back in 2 weeks time
sad.gif

Nice to read the posts here!
happy.gif

Hi glass,
omg yes... can PM me your chinese name ?

petrina,
i eat about 6 meals a day, 2 breakfast 2 lunches and 2 dinners, otherwise, my tummy feels gastric,acidic ... i have already gained 1 kg in 2 weeks.

congrats coco_pops. your nick is cute, you like to eat cocopops ?

dreamy,
envy u lei, ms getting better. i hope me is like ur case. cos i'm flying to HK in my 10th week nxt week. i really doubt i can survive there with my 2 boys and plus my ms.

Petrina,
i always gagging in the morning after wake up to brush teeth and almost every night will puke after dinner. and after that very tired and lazy to eat again. so jus take cereal drink then pop in bed with my 2 boys.

actually i hv a question to ask,
i'm 35 this yr, should i jus go for those DS screening test or go direct for amino instead?

oh ya.. i nvr thought abt cereal drink.. i'll go buy ltr.

RedTea: usually that screening is special esp if 1st child. plus there is danger in that screening. cause taking liquid directly from ur tummy.. u ask ur doc?

Petrina,
the risk is very minor one la. so i'm not too worried abt the risk cos i trust my gynae. cos i did amnio with him for my #1 when i failed my oscar. so i am thinking of dont waste money going for 2 test again. :p

Congrats to mummies that just join us here.

I MS is still like shit... eat wat vomit wat out..till my boss as me dun eat too gd food, cos end of the day i will vomit out.. hee

I oso got no energy to play or take care of my #1 oso.

oh.. if u go b4 then ok. save $.

haha.. raleigh: i also waste food.. my hb very poor thing.. buy food i dun like still complain to him.
no energy is so true. every night ard 9pm i wanna zzz then my #1 keep wanting to talk to me. so difficult to stay awake and not scold him.

Seems like this thread has quite a number of MTB share the same EDD 20 June.

Red tea, though I am not 35 yet but my #1 also failed Oscar test then went to amnion test. So this round if I decided to do test I will just go straigt to amnion cos oscar not cheap about 300++.

I just got to know a fren of mine MS till admitted hospital and dripping now, she is about 6-7 weeks now, so scary...i started to worry now. This sat should be my 6th weeks

Hi mummies,

Which brand of stretch mark cream is good? And can we start applying? I am at my 7th week and will visit my gynae in around 2 weeks time.

Currently have my 5 years old son but have to balance time with him, being mother not easy.. Hehe.

hi joanne: u can start using if u want. i heard clarins is good. i personally nvr bothered abt it even with #1 though.. hehe

loshita: wah. admitted hosp? very serious.. i dun think i'll reach this stage but i'm near there. everyday lethergic due to no food. but eat liao vomit.. so i dare not eat. anyway no appetite also.

Anyone has Dr. Don Wong as gynea?
Is he good?

Thinking either him or Dr. Chen Lin Han as my gynea.

Sigh hasn't called their clinic yet to ask whether they will be available on June or not
sad.gif

Hi loshita,
you delivered #1 healthy so just pray and everything will be fine.

joanne, yes, being mother/father now is not easy, have to balance work and personal and family time, ask Daddy to play with him more since we're easily tired nowadays.

hi petrina,
no appetite still have to eat small meals, that's the way to curb nausea, if the stomach is empty, the feeling is even worse leh, just eat a few bites every now and then. Keep ourselves hydrated so that we won't feel giddy too, especially those who have low blood pressure. (that's what my gynae says)

Yeah.. Been eating. But also been vomiting. Bought instant cereal 3-in-1. Drink 1 sip go toilet liao. Then bought instant ginger honey drink. Hold my nose n glup down.. So far ok. But i hate e taste.

Joeey: i first saw chen lin han for #1. Queue damn long. Saw 5 appt then switch gynae le. Cause he forgot to arrange my nuclar neck test at 11wks. I had e test done last min at 14wk in tmc.

Groovy: even if my gynae go on holiday, I think I'm fine with her replacement. So I will still see her.

Joeey: I'll fb you my name.
happy.gif

Re frequent meals
I've been spending lots of money on food and sometimes only to take one whiff and want to puke. Last night had Japanese food then couldn't stand to finish. Got my husband to buy roti prata or carrot cake. He bought both and I couldn't stand their smell and taste and so wasted them. Still super hungry and ended up eating some bread when I wanted to eat the second piece, I saw that it was mouldy! Wah biang eh.

Today 's lunch same thing happened. Needed to buy second time.

Hi mummies,
I just saw my gynae this Tues for the first time. I tot i counted my cycle and I should have just ended my 6th week. But when the gynae scanned me, he said it's my 5th week straight away,despite him asking when my last menses was. Kinda puzzled. Anyone faced this before?

Just curious if it is common for the first visit. I read online stating that at 6th week, mummies can hear the heartbeat. However I didnt managed to yet. All the gynae did was ask medical history, drug allegy and last menses date, then went on with the scan. He is a very friendly doc, but he smiles so much and just wait for my hubby and I to talk. Didnt get much information from him regarding what are the do's and donts'. No blood pressure or weight taken. Now I'm seriously thinking if I should change a gynae. Any advice?

Glass: I got almost the same feeling as u. Tried to take food like bread, biscuits, porridge etc..but when I smell them or taste them, I just cant down the food. Very hungry but everytime I try to eat something, I feel nausea.

Hi Shanise!

Im at my 7th week according to the 1st day of my last menses..But after the dating scan,doc says the sac looks like its at the 5th week,cant see baby yet..I was told to come back in 2 weeks time for another scanning to hear the heartbeat..

I dont have any morning sickness as of now..feels a lil nauseous at times but no vomitting leh..

Yes Shanise.. It's quite common.
happy.gif
my first visit gynae can't even tell me which week I'm in during my first visit..Ask me come bk 2 weeks later. But next visit I can hear the baby heartbeat!!
happy.gif
count down to two weeks and u can hear baby heartbeat soon!
happy.gif
) who is your gynae?

I wonder how is summer? As she is also facing the same issue as me weeks ago..

Rest well all!

hi all,

i have tested positive last night, but haven't seen gynae yet. Appointment is next Fri.

This is my 3rd pregnancy. I have a 5 YO boy. 2nd pregnancy didn't go well, so this time, I'm quite anxious.

Yesterday, there was some light brown spotting. Hopefully it wouldn't continue... :p

I think it'll be pretty scary if the gynea isn't there during delivery.. Remember they need to stitch us back :S..
Especially if caesarean needed. I can't imagine..
Hasn't called other gynea. huhu.. still confused :S.
Other way is to pray baby will come out in May. Huehehhe.. Last time my #1 come out in 37 weeks, and I just missed 1 day from the day I dream she'll be born :p. Quite amazing last time in early semester I dream baby is born at 29 Sep, and she actually comes out in 28 Sep :p.

Nowadays hasn't dreamed anything about this baby..

Hello mummies!

I just went to the gynae yesterday and the little one is 7 weeks 4 days, EDD 18 June 2012, with a steady heartbeat!
happy.gif

The next test will be the oscar test, the gynae didnt give us a choice, he just ask us to go for it! : )

hello mummies!! i went to the gynae on the 1st and im 4.5 weeks visting him again at Mt A on the 15 Nov. by which i shld be 6weeks ish?

doc does the transvaginal scan. anyone gets that too?

<font color="aa00aa">littlekuan,
They usually do that on the first few visits. My previous gynae will do V-scan until about 9 weeks.
Is there any concern?
</font>

shanise: when u ovulate late then it will be like that. based on my usual cycle, i shld already be 10wks now but i'm only 8wks. so dun worry.
happy.gif

foodwise i'll like to see if our taste coincides with our gender
happy.gif
hehe.. cause my 4yo didn't give me this issue previously. i can't imagine i can't even finish yong tau foo soup w/o noodles.. so terrible..

Denise: my gynae also do V-scan. cause u need at least 5000mg hormones to scan via tummy. 1500mg hormones to scan via V.

welcome to all new MTBs
happy.gif
lets all jiayou together...

<font color="aa00aa">Just an intro.

I've been a silent reader and had tested positive on 18 Oct 2011. Estimated to be 5 weeks' pregnant now as I've delayed ovulation. Feel bad that I've been wasting my dinner (it's catered) as I couldn't finish it.

Intend to visit the gynae 2 to 3 weeks later when we should be able to see its heartbeat. Bit worried as my last pregnancy resulted in miscarriage at 9 weeks (heartbeat stopped).

<u>How to calculate Due Date</u>
For those of you who know your last date of period, cycle length and luteal phase, this website gives a pretty accurate gauge of your EDD:
http://www.healthycalculators.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator.php

Else, you may use this:
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/duedate/?intcmp=tnav_preg_duedatecalc

Enjoy the long weekend, MTBs!</font>

if you want to scan via tummy, you need to drink lots of water before going to the clinic and hold your pee.

Suddenly I crave for crab. Huhu.. but just afraid if I'll have stomach ache after eating :S..

<font color="aa00aa">groovy2009,
I think it depends on the gynae's machine. I never need to do that with my previous gynae but my colleague needs to have full bladder during every tummy scan with a different gynae. In fact, I always empty my bladder before consultation since I have to do a urine test at every visit.</font>

Back