(2012/06) Jun 2012

hi mummies,
thank you for all your encouragement, i will listen to all of you and stay positive but of course i must be prepared myself for the worst.

Redtea, you have a dec09 boy?

Jamie, he was my gynae for no.1 n 2.

Anyone going to TC Chang?
Any comments? I'm going for csec.

RedTea: Hiya!! from Mar08.. we're gonna have same mth edd again?
happy.gif

Hi all!

I just had my first visit at 5 wk 4 days i think. Think I'm just gonna stick to my previous gynae, Dr Heng.

Now down with stomach flu and the nausea on top is killing me. Have u mummies started feeling the morning sickness? or more like day sickness? coz really it happens all day long!

Dear mummies,

was told to eat every 2 hrs in order not to let ur stomach go empty.. this will aid in the ms..

Anw I'm in my 6th week and so far only felt swell in breast and bloated stomach.. hopefully this remains.. Haha..

Hi all mommies, got a call from gynae this morning to confirm i am pregnant from the blood test and is too early in the pregnancy but after few hours later had lots of cramps and blood with blood clot then went back to gynae and she say i am having biochem pregnant and she kinda d/c the pregnancy.
sad.gif
she encourage me by saying at least it shows that i can get pregnant. Wish you all have a safe pregnancy and smooth delivery. Take care

Shermaine, I also feel this way or both my pregnancy. As long as o have something in my stomach I feel better. So I always have food in my bag. Small packets of biscuits...

Precioushow, my tummy looks big after meals. Think it's bloated. Want to eat but feel bloated..at the mOment not much ms I also kinda hope it remains this way. Buty doc jus told me that having ms also means bb is growing well thus producing lots of hormones to make us feel thus way... Having a miscarriage before due to bb heartbeat stop and ms also decreased. So partially hope ms will increase...

Blessed love, take care. Do take leave to rest for a few days and eat tonics too

Blessed love, sorry to hear that. Take care n let ur body rest well and try again! Jia you..

Shermine, I wake up to tummy ache most of the morning..

Tilsa.. oh no.. really? When should ms start usually?

Blessed love, take good care of yourself to be prepared to be a MTB yah.

shermine, tts normal i guess, cos i was like for my #1 and even my #2 now doesnt "fail" me upsetting my whole digestive system...

precioushow, to have ms will depends on individual..for myself, it started as early as 2nd week of my pregnancy...and its like no ending till the little one (for my #1) pops out...

This morning wake up, thinking of my unborn baby,started crying
sad.gif
I know i should not react in this manner but i just cannot help it. I told him i can sense the baby is not there anymore. I just got no spotting or bleeding how come i can just lost it. Hub saw me and tell me that its not confirmed yet, will know only tomorrow. Last week Doc said that perhaps its only an empty sac with no "baby" form, and embroyo not mature thats why unable to form, so means i am not killing the baby, but doc is not certain. If tomorrow no heart beat, i will have to d/c. Thinking of tomorrow, makes me fell so down.

babiesmeme don be too upset i know how you feel.
I was acting all strong and ok in front of my hubby and it was so tough.
Went back to work straight away don wan to stay home and feel sorry or upset.
I jus cant believe 1 moment its good news and the next its gone. feel so useless

*hugs* to Blessedlove

babiesmeme, nv thought of second opinion?

My appointment is on friday. First appointment which was two weeks ago was @ 5w1d also only see a 1cm sac nia.

Hi all mummies,
does anyone know whether they will assign junior doctors under subsidised rate if you are doing c-section?
I hope to go in as subsidised patient but will be doing c-section. So worried that I will be under the mercy of inexperienced doctors...

summer,
I have Mar08 & Jan10 boys.

Petrina,
hi hi! my edd is ard 5june, how abt urs?

regarding ms, true that got ms means bb growing, but some dont hv oso carry bb till full term. how i wish i'm the latter.

Blessed love,
do take care. dont take it too hard, cos this is a nature way of abort unhealth pregnancy. you can ttc anytime when u are ready de.

hi fieda,
I suppose to be 8 weeks now and heartbeat should be easily detected. My progrestrane level is 72, nurse said normal range is 80.

blessed love: Doc said if d/c, you can start TTC after a month. But to play safe, I will only star TTC after 3 months.

Summer mama, my boy is Nov09 =)

babiesmeme, my frd progesterone level was even lower than yrs at 6 weeks. She took utrogesterone to supplement it. i think you could have ovulate late. Who is the current gynae? Go for second opinion ba. She seem funny leh.. she saw somthing in the sac flickering then she said it's an empty sac? Dun make sense to me.

My EDD according to calculation was 3 June 2011. maybe it will change this fri =)

Hi babiesmeme, I agree with FieDa that maybe you should go for a second opinion. Actually, I totally understand how you feel. I was exactly in the same situation as you a week ago. I am still coping with my own lost. My d/c was also last week.

Last Monday when I was suppose to be at wk7, my dr discovered only that my water sac and yolk had grown, and no fetal pole was seen, when I am suppose to have be able to detect a heartbeat, i had no spotting, no bleeding and still experiencing minor MS then. Its more like a missed miscarriage. My situatuion was quite obvious via the v scan,my dr still advise us to go for a blood test and another on the following Thursday, so that we can compare to see if my hcg had doubled. The results came back in Thursday afternoon, my hcg was rising but not doubling, hence, we decided to do a d/c on Thursday evening itself. According to my dr, they need some statistics or proof to know that the pregnancy is not viable anymore before they advise d/c.

Do stay positive. If you had seen a flickering, it may be the heartbeat, or rather that's what a lot of mummies and even my dr told me. I felt that it's weird that your dr advise you to do d/c so soon, based on only 1 bloodtest reading. Just my opinion.

Anyway, stay positive, think positive. Maybe things are not that bad. You can pm me if you need someone to talk to.

Babiesmeme, go for a second opinion if you think or feel otherwise. Although I understand how u feel. Maybe you will be surprised tomorrow whereby everything will be fine. I also think maybe u were late this time. I think I am late too cos tested neg initially although 1 day late and become positive 3 days later

Fieda, although my edd is suppose to be 31 may I think I will pop later. My girl was late 1 day in 09

hi mummies, thank for all for the kind words and encouragement. I need to take six 100mg of utrogestan to supplement daily. My doc did not say i must go for d/c but if no heartbeat it might be not growing. As he cannot hear the heartbeat when he turn to maxi, he still cannot hear anything, thats the last resort he suggested to me. This gynae is quite popoular in paragon. Rainie in fact your situation is exactly like mine. If i keep on thinking, i think i will gone mad. So i am relying on him for his professional advice. This is my second child. My first is with him too.

This one is so different from the first one, i dont seem to feel anything! I not hungry or craving too. No systopms no MS.....
sad.gif

Babiesmeme, if that's the case, then don't think so much and wait for your doctor's advise. Sometimes, the dr knows best and at moments like this, I think we as mummies, also have some sort of instinct. My heart goes out to you. No matter what happens tml, you gotta be strong.

Mine was my 1st pregnancy. So last week, I keep asking my dh why it happen to us. But well... Life is never predictable. Be positive,ok? Keep us posted.

Raine, you are such a strong gal! Your child will return to you again in a better form =)

Babiesmeme, keep us updated k?

tilsa, i calculate myself is 31 May as well. But my gynae use her special calender and say it's 3 June. Hopefully this fri can see something good enough to estimate EDD through the ultrascan machine!

Dear babiesmeme, RaiNe and blessed love,
it is so sad that we have tested positive and then we had to go through scares and immense disappointment.
For me, I learned to appreciate what I have, not to over-tire myself and always be prepared for changes in life. I also realised that I must realign my priorities in life. Take a step back from work and cherish my family more.
I have to admit I am quite shakened by the experience and I am afraid to TTC as I am not sure whether I had a mc because my body is not strong enough to handle a pregnancy. I am actually taking thyroxine cos I am hypothyroid. Not sure if that caused the mc. (I turned hypothyroid after delivering my girl)
So there is a lot of question marks and a great fear of mc in future.
However, I hope so fervently we will meet again in another thread where we are MTB again. Take care and stay strong!

Raine, my heart goes to you. I am trying to cope with the loss. I went back to work and didnt take mc despite gynae insist and ask if i can don go to work i jus felt i need to be strong.
Keep drifting off thinking why did it happen to me and keep blaming myself for not being able to keep the baby.

babiesmeme don be too worried ok you will be fine. will pray for you

Fisherbaby, i know what you mean realigning priorities in life.

As me and my hubby travel alot in our job, trying for a baby was not easy and when we finally have it we have to lose it.

FieDa, thanks! Actually I'm not that strong, but had learnt to accept the fact. Yup, I believe my baby will come back to me soon. (;

Fisher baby, my dr initially suspected thati got thyroid, coz my hands were shaking all the time plus I got heart palpitations. The test turn out negative, think it's coz of anxiety. She did mentioned at sometimes thyroid may cause miscarriages. Since the episode is over, don't think about it. You still have your little girl to keep you busy, (; do take care too.

Blessed love, thanks! Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault that things happen. One of the mummies I met in the May 2012 thread, told me to always remember that it's not our fault that such a thing happen. I believe, it's all in god's hands. Perhaps he has other plans, even though it's my 1st pregnancy. I took a day off to grieve about it and eventually managed to be emotionally more stable now. If I'm able to do it, I'm sure you will. Cheer up! Let's work hard together. (;

Hi Mummies,

I finally got a BFP last week. Est to be about 5 weeks (not really sure about the calculating). Will be visiting Dr Heng @ Bedok this fri for a check cos she's near my place. Was on clomid for 3 cycles. Hopefully everything is fine...

Dear mummies,

Been reading this thread on and off since I first posted when I tested positive 2 weeks back. Just want to encourage all mummies who had the unfortunate experience of losing our little ones early... to not be discouraged. My journey began a week ago when I started bleeding in the morning. Like blessed love, it was bleeding, then bleeding with clots. At that time, I had a bad feeling about it already, but still called up gynae and fixed an appt. Long and short of it all, two blood tests revealed that my HCG has dropped from a low 42 on wednesday afternoon to a mere 8 by sat morning. After all the culture test and histology results, diagnosis is chemical pregnancy.

My gynae has been really supportive and understanding, and like her, I choose to focus on the positive side of things. At least I can conceive naturally, at least it's not an ectopic or molar pregnancy (which were in the cards earlier). And finally, this is nature's way of selecting the best. Most of the time when we lose our little one this way, it is due to some chromosomal issue... the body recognises it and stops the pregnancy from progressing, then dispels it from the mother's body to protect the mother. So there is a system at work behind it all.

As I write this now, I surprise myself at how calm I can be. Perhaps I have started to see things from the 'big picture', in the sense that all mothers want their baby to be healthy and develop well. So personally, if the body recognises that it is not viable to proceed and there is a natural cancellation, I would accept it. In fact, many women may not even know they have a chemical pregnancy. It may be seen as a case of ‘AF came late’, but because of the sophisticated HPTs out there, we can test very early. Pros and cons of sensitive HPTs I suppose.

Mummies, please don't feel that there is something wrong that you did or you have (unless you have truly been diagnosed with a medical condition) that caused you to lose your little one. I know that it's not easy to let go. Take your time to grieve and to build back your physical and emotional health. Just to share, I had a miscarriage earlier in July before this chemical pregnancy. That was a life changing experience. Mainly because I was more stressed at that time, and having had #1 successfully without problems, I took the pregnancy quite lightly (perhaps even for granted at times). It was very difficult to cope with the loss as I was already into the second trimester. Baby's development was given many thumbs up all the way, so it came as a total shock to us over that 3-4 days. In a somewhat similar way, we were told that it was likely to be a problem with the baby as there was no external trauma or any warning signs at all. Everything happened so fast that it seemed surreal. Took me a long while to get back on my feet and ttc again. Then this had to happen.

I have since taken a different perspective on life, and have realigned my priorities. My sincere advice is don't ask yourself why? why me? why? I kept asking and asking myself that then, and it just brings you deeper and deeper into the pit. For many a time even the medical professionals can't give us a definite answer. So eventually I chose to look forward. The fact that you were able to conceive shows that you can! So have that confidence in place and be encouraged to try again. I know I will. You will be cradling a healthy, blessed baby in your arms one day. To Raine, blessed love and Fisherbaby, hope to meet you all in another MTB thread soon.
happy.gif

Last but not least, from the bottom of my heart, I wish all mummies a smooth and uneventful pregnancy with lots of fun, love and joy. Sorry for the long post.

favoured (blessed_baby), you are really strong. After reading your post, i felt better and also slowly came to the fact that it happen.
hope we could meet soon in another MTB thread and thank you for your long post.

we could meet up sometime, its always nice to have friends to hear and share the same experience.

Hugs

We have alot of strong mummies that made us see a deeper insights to all the happenings here.

I truly hope that you babes can join us in motherhod once again! I always tell my frds who had misfortunate happenings that the baby will come back in a better form to the mummy. =)

Everything happen for a reason. I agreed it's a way of natural selection as we also don't want them to suffer in future.

Stay positive!

hi ladies, i am very worried here too. i had 3 negative HPTs since my AF due date on 27th Sep till 3rd Oct.
then i fixed gynae appt on 8th cause AF still not here.
gynae did a scan, found nothing. then ask me take urine test again to reconfirm before giving me ovulation pills.
gynae's urine test tested positive. i didn't believe i was pregnant cause all the negative test kits i had previously.

then gynae gave me a jab + duphaston + standard vits / folic acid and ask me see him again on 22nd Oct for another scan.

he mentioned that my 22nd oct shld be able to see sac.. otherwise might be chemical pregnancy.. i had my #1 with him and i didn't have an issue with seeing sac then..

first time having this problem.. though i have no bleeding, i'm having bad appetite, craving salty foods, no ms just sensitive nose with slight nausea, i am very worried as i don't feel pregnant at all.

every day i am afraid of going toilet in fear of m/c. i think i'm gg crazy with all the worrying.. plus i read the poor ladies' stories, i lagi worried..

i was thinking to myself, i already have 35day cycle.. so my AF was due on 27 sep, yet -ve results.. then 30th & 3rd tested also -ve.. how come 8th tested +ve? was tat just hormones suddenly rising? fake pregnancy? i have so many questions.. i also can't take any more HPT now since i had the jab and within 14days HCG will be ultra high.. so muz wait for external HCG to deplete before being able to test my real body HCG.

hugz to all mummies here!!

Petrina,
Hug hug. dont worry too much. you might have ovulated late this cycle. thus the -ve hpt. take care of urself. ok.

mom having #3,
will you feel that you will have less time with your #1&#2 when #3 comes? how will you handle them and work? i'm kind of worries now. i scared i have no time for the elder which these days we need to spend more time teaching them.

RedTea, are you a SAHM? Mayb you can teach me how to cope with two first haha

Petrina, what's yrs is yrs =) I also think u could have ovulated late this cycle.

fieda,
no. i'm a FTWM. i dont think i can stay at home looking after them 24/7. i will go crazy. these day we really need to spend time sitting down with them and go thru reading and writing with them and i dunno how to do it. sigh~

it's hard to be FTWM with 3 kids! I'm also a FTWM, with one kid still manageable abit worried about having two.

i dunno how you moms with 2 already not go crazy.. haha..
I already feel I can't have enough time with #1. Yet when I see him playing alone I feel guilty not giving him a sibling. thus my #2 decision. I love big families. but logistics r an issue that most moms have to deal with.. even with #1 I already have issues with logistics.. cause personally I'm anti-CC.. so i persuaded my MIL to resign.

Bad decision as it created lotsa friction. but if i have to redo, I won't have it another way
happy.gif

Hi MTB!

I'm in my 7th week now. Current due date shld be 1 Jun. Hope everything stays ok!

I actually had a mc in early June... biochem baby & had to d/c. so rather surprised I could get preggy again so soon! To those mummies who had mc, try again & dun give up hope!

This time wasn't very smooth though. Had bleeding during 5th week but luckily baby still there. So till now gynae is giving me progestrone jab 3 times a week + utrogestan + progynova. Think I have a very kiasu gynae but he's very caring lah... =)

So far baby's heartbeat sound quite strong... cannot wait for my next scan. =)5 more weeks to end of 1st tri so counting down!

Petrina,
i already gone crazy. my boys will constantly fight for anything. lucky i live nxt door to my sister. sometime i can dump my #1 over and hv some peace. she oso has 3. and i can say she take cares of them well.

hi

I'm having this problem.

Had a miscarriage in 1st week of June. Then AF came 5 weeks after in Jul. The next one came in Aug after 40 days. In Sept, no sign of it. Now already CD58, no symptoms of AF or pregnancy. Did 2 HPTs but got blardy BFN!

My cycle is usually 28-30 days even after the birth of my #1. But after the miscarriage in Jun, all go haywire. Took "liang" stuffs to make AF appear but still no sign.

Should I book an appointment with gynae for a scan or blood test? The waiting game is killing me....

Blessed Baby: I just came back from my visit to gynae. Sadly to say, I need to do a d/c. The US only shown a water bag with no sac or heartbeat. I was devastrated. I got no bleeding, spotting and my progrestran level is at level 72 but I just feel so different from the first one and in fact I suspect I am losing it. When I read your post, I am in tears. I keep on blaming myself that its my fault that I might be stress at work that I am losing it. Friends has been advising me that it is due to some chromosomal issue and our body recognises something not right and stops the pregnancy from progressing to protect us, where they called it as “chemical pregnancy”. I feel much comfort after reading your post.

Back