(2012/06) Jun 2012

Hi there, we're doing a pre-order of Banane Taipei Inspired Bags.
Hope to close the pre-order by this.
Visit our facebook for more details if you're interested.
happy.gif

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150335226847593.360223.160586602592

Hi Shermine and Baobaoneo,
Thanks for the reply.
I've retested this morning with clearblue. Yes! it is positive.
This is my second time, but still like very blur. Will make appointment for gynae after 6th week.
Do you guys start taking folic acid? Which brand?

Hi Aixin congrats!!" i'm taking 5mg of folic avid everyday. Mine's from Beacons, got it from my gynae. Im abt 4 wks 6 days preggy.

Hi all,

I took the test at home and its positive too. According to my calculation I'm 5 weeks preggie.
Haven't seen a gynae yet. My 1st dd is 3 + years. Any good female gynaes to recommend at KKH or East Shore?

I'm thinking when should I see a gynae to confirm my pregnancy. Was thinking can wait until around 8 weeks, coz thats when can hear baby's heart beat too . what do u guys think?

I know what you mean blessed love! my 1st pregnancy, din't tell anyone I was preggie until after 3 months. But now I'm more relaxed i guess.

Ladies, just out of curiosity, how many of you have already told your friends, colleagues, relatives the good news?

Shanez i think so am so paranoid but at the same time so excited want to tell all my family and frens cos all of them know i have been anticipating for very long and they all ask me everytime see me if got news now have le never tell like very bad.

Blessed love, this is how i feel too.. can't wait to share the good news but abit scared also.. 1st pregancy too.. went to a doc today.. she did a scan for me and saw a teeny weeny white pea.. shld be abt 5 wks old.. so amazing..

she gave me a 2nd appt.. so shld i go for the 2nd appt or look for a gynae in kkh??

<font color="0077aa">Congrats, gem, blessed_love, aixin &amp; shanez!

Blessed_love, for me it's not so much of bad things will happen if u tell but more of not wanting ppl, esp those long time meet once type, to come ask u how's things shd bad things happen. I've actually already told my closest frens, family and a few colleagues. For gleneagles, u can try dr Irene chua.

Aixin, I've been taking gnc folic acids and still continuing. pls start taking if u have not already done so.
happy.gif

Shanez, I've made appt with dr sl goh at KKH at 6weeks. Will be able to see heartbeat by then. Want to rule out ectopic but can't get any earlier appt.

Precioushow, depends on how comfy u r with the gynae and where u decide to deliver the baby.</font>

blessed love you can try Dr Mary Yang @Gleneagles. I used to visit her Bedok clinic for routine checkup, now that I'd moved to the west, I'm visiting Dr TM Chua from NUH.

Just went for my 1st scan today, can see baby's heartbeat
happy.gif
My appointment was supposed to be on Sat but had some lower right abdominal pain throughout this afternoon, so to be on safe side reschedule my scan earlier. Thank God doc says everything is fine, might be uterus expanding so muscle pulling.

Hi all mommies.

I haven book an appointment to see gynae yet still trying to look for one so headache to decide on one.
shirley : My tummy also keep having little tugging pain at times too. a bit worried

Really want to see gynae soon cos i travel alot due to work so just hope everything will goes on smoothly.

So nice to have a platform where can discuss and share with all mommies here.

<font color="0077aa">precioushow, i see a specific gynae at TPS @ KKH. can just call to make first appt if u're not going for subsidized rate. if u want to take subsidized rate, u need to go to polyclinic to get referral letter and u wun be able to choose gynae. hope this helps.
happy.gif

shirley, how nice to see baby heartbeat already! i can't wait for my appt next week.</font>

Hi Sapphire,

The subsidized rate you meant here is for the check up right? How about for delivery? If we have the prenatal check up done by a specific doctor, can we still switch to subsidised rate for delivery? which mean any doctor can do the delivery for us?

Went for first appt with gynae today I suppose to be seven weeks but doc cannot hear the heartbeat only fickering, cannot be sure unless my conception is late...taken blood test for hormone level. . going to gynae next week... if next week no heart beat got to do d/c

<font color="0077aa">aixin, if u go to polyclinic to get referral letter, u will be on subsidized rate all the way from check up to delivery. once u go in as private patient, i dun think u can switch to subsidized class. gotta confirm on this though.
happy.gif

babiesmeme, i thot fickering means it's the heartbeat already? dun worry too much. keep praying that it's a healthy bb. will pray for u.</font>

thank you sapphire, i was like very calm at the clinic and even ask for the worst scenorio that i should be prepared. But when i was taking mrt and at home i can't help but tears keeping dropping ...gynae cannot hear the hearbeat at all but can detect something flickering on the side of the waterbag, perhaps the beanie is too small or my conception was late.

Hi Wanling,

I realise we are going to the same gynae.
The pic in Dr Phua office is my #1..heehee..
Im now a 2nd time mummy due May12 =)

babiesmeme, don't worry. My gynae did not even hear the heartbeat, he says can see on the screen how fast the heart is beating can already.

So as long as its flickering means got heartbeat, dun worry so much!

Go back to the gynae one week later and you can see more!

Hi everyone,
just tested positive on 5th Oct,3rd one.. just wondering when is it considered safe? after first trimester?

Hi ladies

I just tested positive.
happy.gif

My girl is 3+ and my boy is turning two in dec.
I'm so excited but at the same time tryinh to figure out a lot of logistic issues.

Hope all will have safe n smooth pregnancies!

As for symptoms, my first n second one have no symptoms at all, this time round feels e same too.

I'm looking to change gynae too.
Anyone can recommend one who is good in csec and delivers at tmc?
I miss e yummy food at tmc!

Sapphire: I hear DR S L Goh is preggie as well. hehe so cute!

I have scheduled an appointment with my previous gynae, Dr Heng Tung Lang who delivered no. 1.
Not sure if I wanna take her this time round. Frankly, nothing really wrong with her. She did a fine job but she's a little too chop chop when I go for visits so just looking ard to see if there is any other better gynae.

Anyone heard of Dr Ching Jin Jye. Heard she's at East shore now. how is she? what about gleneagles? any reputable lady doc there? I'm confused. I realised that KK TPS is more ex than pvt hospitals so I might as well deliver at pvt hospital!

Ladies the crampy feeling is normal! Had that for my 1st pregnancy and now having it again. So, don't worry!

wow! ladies who are having no. 3! great ! must be nice to have a big family! =)

Me too thinking abt the logistics issue. are there any mummies here who plan to send their babies to infant care? I know its a little too early but just considering all options. =p

Babiesmeme, I am in the same situation as you. Gynae can detect flickering but when he tries to hear the heartbeat he cannot. He said maybe it's too early as I am suppose to be in my 6 weeks which suppose to be able to hear hb... Previously for first one everything was fine... Six weeks could detect strong hb. Hopefully it's that we ovulated later then we calculated. I have to go back 2 weeks later... Will keep my fingers cross for you.

Btw are u a Sept 09 mum?

Hi mummies,

Have the follwing items to let go as im clearing space:

1. Preloved Tommee Tippee Maunal Breast Pump
2. Mustela Stretch Mark Double Action cream
3. Milk Storage btls (7medela, 4evenflo &amp; 3farlin)
4. Milk btl carrier (those that can keeps water warm for bringing outdoor)
5. Chicco Carrier (Blue Color)
6. Blue TIMEX watch
7. Baby cot bumper
8. Lucky Baby Milk Btl Drying Rack (RESERVED)
9. Baby's changing Mat
10. Some preloved 0-3mths baby clothes

Kindly pm me if interested.

TIA

hi tlisa,
i suppose to be Sep 09 mum but my boi who is 2 years old now born three weeks earlier which is in Aug 09. Are you Sep 09 too?

I was given utrogesten three times a day and blood test this time round, its so different from the first one. I dont feel anything at all not like the first one. The only thing is sore bust and tiredness. Cant help myself from worrying, sometime i also dreamt of this baby, cant really sleep well too, i almost cry every day whenver i think of it. Hope this thurs will be good news.

Shanez,

I'm not considering the infant care option as I'm a sahm.
But other logistic issues coz I need TP chauffeur the two older ones to preschool, and enrichment classes.

Hi mummies,

i've a few items to let go.

1)Lamaze gardenbug foot finder &amp; wrist rattle set ($10)
2)Lamaze Spin &amp; Explore Garden Gym ($15)
3)3 tins of Similac Mum, expiring Oct 2013 ($12 each)

Kindly PM me if you're keen.

Thank you!

Hi babiesmeme, yes I am a Sept 09 mum. Saw your nick which I found familiar.

My friends who had already given birth to two told me that their second one told me that it's was easier for them. Some also don't have ms like the first time. Thus they can eat better this time round. I understand why u feel this way. Felt this way previously when I was preggy earlier this year. Bb did not grow. Think positive.I know it's easier said then done but if you don't rest well it may affect the bb growth.

Hello,

I'm from Sep 2011 thread and I have a good CL that I will like to recommend to all mummies. Siew Ling jie was the CL for my 2 SILs and they sang praises of her which was the reason why I decided to engage her.

On the first day she arrived, she revamp my kitchen and create a very neat system for keeping the milk bottles and my breast pump equipment. She is also very encouraging and supportive of breastfeeding. The first 4 days, my breast milk has not kick in yet and I was feeling very stressed and down. She boiled papaya soups and always remind me to drink lots of red dates tea to help with the milk production. During that period, she gave me alot of encouragement on breastfeeding. She is very alert especially for night duty of taking care of baby. The moment my baby starts to go eh eh, she is already up and heating up ebm to feed him.

After being discharged from hospital and that 1st week of back home and trying to adjust to be a mum, Siew Ling jie is really a godsend helper and teaching me alot of things about taking care of baby, learning how to differentiate the various tones of my baby's cries which means different needs of my baby.

She is also a very good cook and takes care of me very well. She always whip up interesting dishes cooked in different ways. Check out some of the dishes she has cooked for me so far.

6133267.jpg

6133268.jpg

She is very hardworking and even cleans those hard to reach corners in my kitchen and does the household chores fast and efficient.

Overall, she is really a good CL and I will highly recommend her to all mummies. I will definitely engage her again when I have my 2nd child.

Her contact is:
Singapore HP - 81195431 (contactable when she is working in SG)
Malaysia HP - +60137067061 / +60127609538 (contactable when she is in Malaysia). Do tell her you are recommended by Meiyu. She usually will give higher priority to those who are recommended by mummies who engaged her before. Do book her early for your confinement as she get booked pretty fast!

Hi Wan Ling,

Thought he is a man of few words, but find him ok.
And the best thing is short waiting time.
Also choose him out of convenience, as my parents shop is just nearby =)

I delivered at Thomson for my #1 but my husband was saying might choose Mt A for #2 due to the parking issue..hahaha...

Hw do you find him so far ?

<font color="0077aa">welcome, toutoulang, summer's mama and the rest of the mummies!

toutoulang, u need to go to polyclinic to get referral letter to kkh. i rem my sis told me she only need to pay abt $10 each visit but the downside was that she couldn't choose which gynae to see and which to deliver her baby. basically the gyane on duty will be it.

shanez, i saw somewhere on the forum she was pregnant but i thot she gave birth already. or pregnant again? hehe! do u mean Dr Chee Jing Jye at East Shore? if so, she's good. for Gleneagles, u can consider Dr Irene Chua. for female gynae, i calculate kk tps to be cheaper still as the professional fee is fixed at 900-1k whereas the private ones i found all charge above 1.8k.

i am going to send my baby to infant care. still waiting to go for my first gynae visit this wed. once the pregnancy is confirmed, i will start looking ard for a center.
happy.gif

babiesmeme / tlisa, now i recall back my prev preg, gynae did not attempt to hear the heartbeat. i rem i asked but she said she didn't have the device to hear. so we only took the flickering on screen as the heartbeat.</font>

Dear mummies &amp; mummies to be,

Sorry to interrupt.
I've got Clarins anti stretch mark oil to sell at $60 include normal postage. I think retail price is $0 plus. Let me know if anyone keen
happy.gif

Dear all mummies...me oso gng to be a mummy again..est ard end may or early jun..headache now oso, cos lots of logistic issue to handle, and got to find a good CL, since my mum has decided to quit after my #1.. :p

summer's mama, not sure if u have gotten any recommendation for your gynae..mine is Dr Adrian Woodworth, whom was and gng to be my gynae this time round again..and yupz, he delivers in TMC..

hi tila,
i cant feel the baby like what i did the first one. I think i might have to do a d/c procedure. May i know how is the procedure like and may have to take a few days rest right? I am leaving the fate to god's hands and let him decide what the best for the child. Sad but have to accept the fact, rather than forced to bring to this world and make it suffer for the rest of the life.

Hi all mommies.....
Just went for the first check up today and gynae cant see anything and suspect might be either too early in the pregnancy or might be ectopic pregnancy. Very worried
sad.gif
took a blood test need to wait for result before going back to see gynae.

Babiesmeme, mayb things aren't that bad. Just that dates are a little off. US also estimate the size only. Wait till Thursday.

If it's needs to be done, they will do a day surgery and maybe rest for a day. But will recommend a mini confinement to restore your health. Take a week off if possible

Have you thought of getting a second opinion?

Blessed love
Maybe it's really too early now. Each baby is different. Takes different time and speed to grow. Wait it out.

Jamie,
If all is well for me my should be end May or early June too. See your gynae yet??

Read that lots of time is just too early

babiesmeme,
stay happy and +ve is very impt for u and your little one inside now...

Blessed Love
When i visited my gynae 2-3 weeks back, he cant see the foetus nor the waterbag too..but he said if the test strip showed +ve, most prob should be..so wait a while ah...

tlisa
yupz yupz...saw my gynae..back to those days Q-ing up in his clinic again.. :p where do u plan to deliver this time round?

hihi,
i'm a 3rd time MTB too(unplanned). i hv 2 boys le. also hope that god will blessed me with a girl, but dunno why, jus got feeling it's going to be a boy again. maybe to expect this way, i will hv less disappointment when finding out the gender.
anyone MS strike already. mine start last week when i mid of week5. so sian. the feeling of like wanna puke stuck at the throat.
i have not visit my gynae yet and dont intend to until i'm 8weeks bla. cos go so early oso see nothing and waste $ plus got to take those an tai pill which i think make MS worst. so jus let nature take it course, what will be mine, will be.

babiesmeme,
stay positive. flicking means heartbeat. my gynae din let me listen to HB for my 2 boys when their gestation weeks is much bigger.

Back