(2012/05) May 2012

Congrats to claire, sasha and ak! Rest well and update ur birth story when you all feel better.. Haah less and less mummies here waiting :p

tlisa: Yup my gynae didnt schedule anymore checkups.. just say if bb not out.. just admit myself on 25 may.. i am praying bb to come out naturally by tmr!

Hi kris & dolly
Thks for yr advice. Will consider and call up to try one time.

Confinement is consider over after baby shower day or after 30 or 40 days?? I'm holding the baby shower this Sunday but the actual day he is born is on 30 apr. wonder if I shld consider confinement over after this sun or when?

Was told by my gynae that my womb has yet to be fully close up. Prescribed me with cytotec but I hv diarhea after taking it. So hv to stop it. Gynae mentioned that the womb will closed up by itself , jus that cytotec help to expetite it. Was told that this womb problem usually happen to second or third child mum after delivery, anyone encounter this? Coz I dun hv such issue with #1.

My bf supply seem to drop drastically. Not sure if it's due to my diarhea previously. Hope to increase day by day. Any advice if sling or carrier is better ? My bb is more on a bigger size, shld be ard 5 kg plus coming to 1 mth soon. Need to get one for maid.

Yingzz >> i'm not in the old FB, can u add me ?

Littledotty >> yea, i'll also b on my own .. I always feel so upset when i see him cry & i dunno wat he wans .. Hw much milk r u feeding him now ? Mayb it's time to increase his feed

I'm now in Mt A for induce. Dr broke waterbag le n now waiting for contraction to come in...he say ard noontime shld deliver base on #1 record of abt 4-5 hrs labour

Congrats ak n sasha....

@dolly, both.. thanks for your reply = )
may I know who is your gynae and does it recover fast? U delivered in which hospital? Thanks = )

Congrats ak, sasha & claire!! Happy for u!
happy.gif
) rest well!

DolceVita: all the best! Waiting for your update!

Mummies , I've delivered my girl on Sunday and now am recovering at home. However I find that this time, the stitches are much painful than my firstborn. Is this normal and normally how long does it take to recover? m having problem sitting down too...

Bb is out le..lucky short labour this time round too...was holding back not to push as dr not here yet...lucky he rch in time...

Baby Tots - How you know your womb haven close yet? Did the gynae do a scan after delivery? When I visited my gynae 1 week after delivery, he only check on my stitches that's all. never say anything bout womb

Any mummies here planning to shave baby's hair at or after full month??
Any recommendations for where to go? Best is if can shave at home.

juski, my bb is small as well..he is 2.4kg at 39 weeks..so hospital gave him fm coz baby is small..now he is 3 weeks old and I feed him on bm n fm coz he has a huge appetite
happy.gif
as long as baby is healthy and growing, i m not too persistent must be tbf..

mrs ho, I have been increasing his feed and am feeding him 90ml-100ml now, and he drinks every 1.5hrs! My bm is not enough for him to drink, haa..so he is also drinking fm..

congrats to mummies who have popped, looking forward to the birth stories..
happy.gif

kris, i am not shaving his hair, but will shave his eyebrows, just shave at home
happy.gif

My birth story:

730 / 8am : Admitted for induce.

830 / 9am : Gynae arrived to break waterbag n put me on
drip. Told me baby shld b out ard noon time.

930am : start to feel contraction pain coming every 2-3min

11am : have the urge to push, nurse keep rubbing my lower
back n turn me side way to slow me down as Gynae
is on his way.

He reach ard 11.15 n they quickly set up, 2-3 push n bb is out le. He weighs 3.59kg n 56cm long.

Nurse very friendly n I had my lunch ard 215 n tea break at 3pm.

Littledotty >> tot my boy keep wanting milk
In 2 hrs is very fast, ur boy also .. Mine is on full FM.. And we r giving him 4oz nw ..

Nw i hav problem clearing his nose, full of harden mucus .. And he dun let us clear it .. Yet look so poor ting .. Any mummy can advise ?

bliss_ling: My gynae is Dr Chan Yew Foo, his clinic is at Mt E, but he can deliver in Mt A, Mt E or TMC, I chose Mt A cos heard the nurse are better (lesser PRC ones) and it ended up cheaper too. Well, I still do not do anthing vigorously. But sometimes if I get out from bed too fast (like at night, rushing to pacify baby) then I still feel some pain at the wound. Otherwise there's no pain at the wound.

zp1503: yours is natural is it? cos csec no pain sitting down.

DolceVita: Wow, your birth looks easy! And such a long baby
happy.gif
No Epi at all? What a good one!
How's your gal? Better keep baby away from her. When I gave birth to #2, my #1 having running nose, so the PD says just let #1 sayang leg only, no kissing on face or hugging.

>> mrs ho
paiseh i dont have the authority to add ppl into the old fb.. dun think they are adding any more ppl as well.. you can still share in the new fb.. cos there are mummies there who can give advice as well..

btw did you ask your pd on clearing his nose? some of the mummies in the old FB using this nasal spray called sterimar which can be bought in guardian.. have to get the light blue one for infant.. but best to ask your pd for advice..

>> dolcevita
congrats!!! wow looks like a very smooth delivery!

Dolly,
My gal recovering..but not totally yet cos ulcers still there.
Will keep the two apart till dr certify she is ok.

Newbie,
Yup cos labour quite short so dun hv time to use the pain relief..heehee...

Yingzz,
Thanks! Yours might be a smooth n fast one too
happy.gif

Dolcevita:that was a very fast labour. Jopefully my will be fast too

Phyllis; me too on more week to edd. Are u still working? I think my last day will be tomorrow. Boss asking me to take leave but still have so much to do

>> Dolcevita
I hope so too.. inducing tmr at 6am.. so excited and scared! Trying not to opt for epi so hopefully it will be a fast process!

Yingzz,
All the best! Good luck!
Which hospital are u at? I'm still at Mt A..
Having bfast now..yummy!
Pancake with chix patty..I'm sooo hungry

Thanks dolly n dolcevita!

>> dolcevita
I am at KK now.. Think i just saw the pix u posted on fb!
Making me feel hungry sia.. I wanted to est macs b4 admission but didnt know tt the macs at KK not 24 hrs!

mrs ho, my baby had that hardened muscus too, and I read that it will drop by itself..my confinement lady stressed that we cannot go poke the baby's nose..but some suggested using the thinner cotton bud to remove so I tried when bb is sleeping, helps to remove some..
happy.gif
but the inner part of the nose I dun dare toouch..

Can we request to gynae that deliver on edd instead of waiting? Do not wanna wait till after edd when bb still doesn't wanna come out. As been having not enough sleep, going to and fro toilet many times at night when hardly drink much water and been having cramps/pain uncomfortable feeling at pelvic area.

Hi Mums,

Anyone using the medela swing?

Is the adapter end of the tubing supposely to be able to fully insert into the opening of the connector?

7082385.jpg

Tks!

mama_gene: Did you check with the lactation consultant at the hospital? Do you mean no milk during pumping or suckling?

Mama_gene: don't give up.. The milk will come soon. Drink lotsa fluids before breastfeeding. The best way to increase milk supply is continue to let your baby suck your breast. When there's demand, there will be supply. Does your breast feel engorged? For me, initially also no milk. I squeeze and squeeze v hard, nothing comes out. I just continue to let my baby suck till I see transition milk. Very fast my engorgement came and soon the mature milk came. U can do it! Just keep trying and u will see the results soon!
happy.gif

Hi all, just wanna update tt I have popped at 2127 on 25 may.. 14 hrs after the pill was inserted.. Had to go for emergency csect.. Really cried when i heard that.. But all was worth it when i heard BB crying.. He's 3.598kg.. & lucky it was csect cos apparently  the cord was round his neck.. 

Is it normal that both breasts will give different amount of milk when pumped?

Also does Fenugreek really helps to increase supply and it's safe for mum and baby?

Yingz: congrats! Wow, that's a huge relief, so dangerous! Cord ard neck is no joke. U got a big boi! My gal is 3.17kg;)

Breastmilk:
let's jia you n preserve oki! Cos my milk juSt came in this evening after umpteen of tries. And it came by pumping CIA my gal is very impatient. Not sure what is transition milk. Can newbie elaborate? Unfortunately I pumped too long Cos don't know when to stop, n both my nipples bleed in the end ;(
breastfeed is indeed one of the greatest obstacles that all of new mummies like us are facing. Just hope that everythin went smoothly.
Also, couldn't catch a wink at all! My gal likes to wake up esp in the night and yearns to be carry around to rock her to slp. I'm dying soon!
How's the rest of u are coping?
But unfortunately

I gave birth on 20 May, natural with epi. However she's nit able to come home with me as she's G6PD deficient and thuswwill need to be monitored for jaundice for at least 7 days. So I am trying to pump as much as I can to store the bm and also shuttling between home and hospital to bring the bm for her too.

Today is the 6th day and hope that her level is ok so that she can be discharged tomorrow.

Hi mama_gene, I gave birth on 5th may, gave my baby suckle for 3 days then I realised my nipple is conpletely dry, don't even have colostrum... I gave her FM then... On the 10th like that then the few drops of colostrum comes out... I'm still giving her 90% FM... Coz till today, when I pump, my left breast only got like 2ml (I'm not kidding...) combined with the right only 10ml... So I can only give my girl 1 feed of BM or sometime lucky, 2 feeds....

I drank all the soup advIced.. Eat funugreek, domnidone (not sure the correct spelling), seen a LC... They tell me I got supply, just not here yet.. now alrdy 26th le... For 20 days I've tried latch on demand.. Latch then FM and inbtwn pump again.. Now I'm latching then pumping before FM 3hourly... I really don't know when the supply then will come in.. It's like u
Can't even see the end of the tunnel... I think it's just when I had enough then I'll give up... Now just continue this routine..

So yep, you're definanately not alone.. Of course when ur milk come in, may be minimal like me.. Ppl will tell u latch on demand is the best solution to up the supply... For me, she's crying almost whole day, hungry, I'm tired.. Can't seems to see her smile at all.. End up stress, drained, emo... After I adopt my now routine, she gets FM, happy like at least 2-3hrs before next feed, I can play with her... I see her smile often.. She can even lie down in her cot alone and entertain herself then fall asleep on her own.. How adorable! ;)

Yep, before I gave birth.. Total BF is like a normal thing I plan to do... Thus it took me a lot to give in to FM... Thou I'm still struggling... Upset at times... But when I see her happy, I really felt happier than forcing her to live on my BM.. I have to remind Myself that BM can be replaced by FM, but each moment spend with her cannot be replaced... Time cannot be replaced..
happy.gif

Hope my little testimony helps you...

How's all other mommies? Yeah... Motherhood is crazy.. Crazily packed with baby timing... Didn't get the chance to come in to post since I delivered! Was reading the updates sent to my email thou.. Excited for the mommies who are still waiting.. I miss my baby's kicking already! I mean everyday... Hee..

I'm facing different set of problem. My milk supply came in on the 2nd day n bb cannot latch well. So now I'm super super engorged even after hot shower, very painful massages (almost cry when hubby massage for me ) n intensive tries of latching n pumping. Pumped out abt 110ml le but both breasts still hard as rock!!! N it's so PAINFUL.

Hope can overcome this soon n hope everyone else can overcome their breastfeeding problem too

Hi mummies

Congrats to those who just given birth. Have been awhile din come in already. No time to log in. Bz with my 3 kids plus keep pumping milk so tiring. My 2nd boy Kenna hand foot mouth and is only mouth. His gum is so swollen till bleed. Was refer to Kkh lucky din admit him if not I also headache.

Any mummies haven't buy electric pump yet? I have a avent pump that come with breast pad and breast shell protector. I bought it at $209. Anyone interested pls let me know. Is brand new. I bought from the Phillip sales..

Fanger: if is not liquid you don't need to go in. Unless its huge amount of water.

DolceVita: last time I also have same problem. Try to latch again. If not massage while having shower. My last resort was get hubs to suck.... It removed the clog.... I know it sounds weird but it was most effective....

Zp1503: yes, won't be equal amount of milk for both breast..

Ak: usually first 3 days will be colostrum followed by transition milk for another 4 to 5 days before the mature milk comes. Read this from a book and there's a particular channel during my hospital stay at Mt Alvernia that provides information on breastfeeding plus other useful info like bathing newborn etc.. I'm on TBF.. Takes up most of my time during my confinement.. Can only do my things (including sleeping time) in between feeds). When I first expressed my milk, I only had about 10ml for both breast! Super little.. I thought "huh? My baby has been drinking so little milk?" but I just continue to total breastfeed (I did not buy any formula milk yet).. Now my baby is 1 month old liao and I can say my milk supply has increased tremendously.. Ard 120ml for both breasts each pump. So those who want TBF, keep pressing in!

Hi mummies! It's really happy to have this support grp, with all of us facing same prob n advising solutions. Really meant alot to me at this pt in time as I know I'm not alone.

With my milk supply starts to kicks in, I try to latch her but she's super impatient as I'm feeding her with FM initially using cup feed, so she's like very used to have milk being sent to her v fast. Hence When I latch her, speed of milk can't compared to the cup feed, she cries like crazy, then I no choice but pump everytime after trying to latch her. So I'm also like pumping every now and then, with bleeding nipples. Will massage with hot towel and in Between the pumps to ensure the milk doesn't block. But apparently still feel full after the pump. My supply for a 15 mins is about 20 - 30 ml each side. Wonder if it's normal but the combined amount is sufficent for one feed.

Haiz.. Motherhood n breastfeeding is indeed tiring. Me too, quite miss the feeling of the kicks I used to have. But having my baby in front of me, still feels better although she gave me all these sleepless nights ;)

jia you mummies and gd luck to those who's abt to deliver!

Keiko - I also gave birth on 5th. Since u' e tried on bfing, no need to feel bad. Stress and tiredness won't produce good quality milk.

Fanger - that's mucus plug. U can google more on that. No need to admit yet. Wait for blood show, waterbag burst or regular contractions.

DolceVita: I had some block duct problem (definitely not as bad as yours) whereby one part of my breast just cannot be cleared and it gets red and painful. My friend suggested a supplement called lecithin and it works for me. And of course,when baby suck keep massaging that blocked part as well.

I think massaging during baths works very well as the soap let you feel less painful on your skin. I had engorged breasts sometimes and when I massaged during bath, it's much better and softer.

But of course, if you can bath like me lah :)

ak - i have the same situation as you. Cup feed baby initially as bm not enough, now he gets very impatient and angry everytime i latch him coz flow not fast enough. finally decide to give up latching and pump. initially pump 20 mins can yield both sides total 40ml only. now can get up to 100ml. just have to be consistent and pump every 3 hrs.

Any mummies have any solution to getting baby to latch again??

Back