(2012/05) May 2012

Morning Claire: yeah, u mus b super excited, u can hold ur little ones in your arms soon. gd luck!

Update us once you deliver!

I got awaken by the little cramps plus pee at 6 -_-!!

Hallo...

Im May mummy also and just over my suffering 2 weeks confinement....hehehe

Are u all start to plan for baby shower?

I'm looking for any restaurant which offer this package? Do share wit me....Thks

Hi mommy828, how's ur bb treating you?
happy.gif
I'm into my final week of confinement.. Will be holding my bb shower in some function room (buffet). How's ur 2 weeks of confinement so far? U BFing?

Claire,

Congrats that you will be ending this waiting game soon, while the rest of us continues.
My gynae mention that he will also induce me this week cos my EDD is tml. Im the one who is reluctant to induce cos I wana everything to be natural if possible. Heard induce usually end up in very long labour...

My gal just confirm infected with HFMD on Sat night. So worried for her and also for bb in tummy. I shared food and drinks with her, hope my immunity level is high enough to not get it too, so wont affect bb. Read somewhere that the chances of passing the virus to newborn baby is high when the mother got infected before delivery.
So now im monitoring and praying that no symptoms will appear...so scary.

Newbie2012, so good u re entering d last week of confinement while I still got 2 weeks to go....
I'm breast feeding but this time I choose to pump it out and ask d cl to feed d baby. Hence I have much more time to rest especially at nite and my baby also can have more routine of milk supply.. Hahaha

D weather is hot but I tried not to take shower and sleep in aircond room...Hmmmm..but at d end.... I'm surrender on day 7 and now herbal shower everyday and sleep in aircond room.. Hahahaha...beh tahan

I'm more relief now as no more binder on my stomach, I engaged jamu massage on 2nd week, and d binder really suffering although it works...no choice looor... Suffer for better result... ... Hahahaha

Which catering service u re engaging for bb shower? We still looking for places, also called some cc if we can rent their function room.

Happy confinement to all mummies here....

>> Claire
Update us your birth story
happy.gif

>> Dolcevita
Me too i wanna try to be as natural as possible.. my gynae also say induce labour will be longer than natural~ BB is three days overdue already..

The weather is so hot now. I cant imagine confinement!

Yingzz,

So whats your plan that your bb is already 3 days overdue ? Induce this week or wait till next ?

Ya man !! I really dread confinement period in such killer weather.

>> Dolcevita
will induce on 25 may if BB not out.. so max will be one week overdue.. did your gynae fix a ultimate date for you tt you will have to induce by?

Yingzz,

Im going for my appointment either tomorrow or Wed. Gynae will check that everything is ok and see wat he says then. Most prob this week will do the induce cos my baby is big at est weight of 3.5kg...

Claire: Waiting for your birth story yeh!

newbie2012: wait till baby come out, got to wake up more if u breastfeed
happy.gif

I used warm water but only at the hospital, cos no choice. But I washed hair almost everyday or at least every other day.

DolceVita: Better to stop sharing food w your gal now, so scary. And hope ur gal has a speedy recovery from it.

Mommy828: For catering, have been using Neo Garden, their food are good, but I'm getting bored because I use it for many function. This time trying Lavish, have tasted their food at a recent full month party and it's good!

For breastfeeding, I find it less hassle free to direct feed,and with direct contact, our body can also produce breastmilk according to baby needs. But of course that's personal preference
happy.gif

Mommy828/dolly: I'm using Neo Garden for catering too! The food not bad so choose it again for bb's full month. For breastfeeding, I do both direct and pump out milk (to store in case I go out like for bb full month celebration and like now, I just left house - going to catch a movie and head back home - I'm left with a few more days before the end of my confinement).

I did the Malay massage too.. So hot with the
Binding!

I shower everyday with warm water (no herbs) and blow dry immediately.

Von Von: great to c u here! Thks. Know I'm in gd hands!

Ladies, just saw my gynae and he wants to induce the baby cos the fluid runs low. So I'm inducing tmr nite!

newbie2012: wow, you go for movie during confinement! Yeah, there's many nice movies, but now CL left can't watch them as planned...

ak: Take care, exciting and what a relief, isn't it!

Dolly: omg went to watch Avengers at IMAX just now and guess what? Got technical fault - sound went off and they had to cancel the show after we've watched it for 40mins.. Now half way here nor there.. Had to leave the theatre disappointed cos' the Avengers ending tmr at IMAX.. Haiz..

>> Dolcevita
i see.. haha my bb is like 3.2kg for the last 2 weeks.. hopefulli he wont grow too big.. the biggest thus far i saw weigh 4kg on fb! and natural (w epi) somemore!

>> ak
have a smooth delivery! all the best!!
happy.gif

>> newbie
hmm try your luck again tomorrow? hope they gave some compensation!

Hi
Anyone had gd massage lady to recommend? I need one to reduce the fats on my tummy. Had one previously but it's too oily.

I am left with about a week to end of confinement, cant wait for it to end..really too hot..I have been very guai, bathe everyday also with herbal water and wash hair only once a week..cant wait to start the massage too, but the tummy actually seems to have shrunk alot already..Baby tots, wanted to share my massage lady but I also dunno if she is gd or not, recommended by my sister..

For the celebration, I am having it at home over 2 days this weekend and two timings on each day! Engaging Xin Yi Pin, saw their advertisment everywhere on baby books..so just try..

I cant wait to bring my boy out to shopping, hehe..btw, mummies, what is the best way to bring the baby out? Pram? Sling? or carrier?

>> babytots
haven done mine yet so cant really recommend.. but my colleagues say she is good.. not sure if you are interested?

>> littledotty
hmm i think it depends on whether you are driving / taking bus or mrt? cos if you are not driving and have to take a bus and you are alone, quite hard to handle the pram n bb together cos the pram has to be folded on the bus..if you are driving.. pram will be good! can put your bag in the pram too.. pram on mrt is ok too.. i heard sling is better when young.. some carrier not suitable for young babies..

Back from my apptm,gynae did VE and said im already 3cm dilate. He asked if I wana induce today!..i said no..cos like too sudden..hahahaha
So he say induce on Thur cos he cant for tml but it could also be anytime.

If nothing happen from now till Thur, Im suppose to check in Mt A on Thur by 730am.
Finally the day is coming and hope by then my gal has already recovered so that she can bond with didi....

newbie: what a spoiler! Anyway, can enjoy some me time.

Baby Tots: I got the massage lady from the business thread of the SMH forum last time. Have tried her twice for pre-natal massage, have not tried post-natal yet cos I'm waiting for 6th weeks first. She's good compared to the ones I get from baby bellies, also it's cheaper and can pay per trip, also, most importantly, she's Malay! My cousin got a Malay massage package from some shop in Paragon, but the massage lady who came to her house is a China women! For post-natal it's $55 per massage with binding and includes baby massage. And for 10 session will give 1 free sliming massage session free. I'm going to book her for massage in June. since it's pay per session, you can try one session first and decide

Her contact: Sharina 93285649
DolceVita: Anytime! So exciting hor!
For #2 this time, I lost a bit also, but likely due to less water retention though
happy.gif

dolly,

Yeah its like the final round of the waiting game but becoming more paranoid...hahahaha.
Do hope bb come out naturally =P

DolceVita: Hope your wishes come true! I would prefer natural too
happy.gif

littledotty: If I travel alone, I'll certainly use stroller and take MRT. Cos our baby small, we can't be holding baby and fold our stroller, so bus is out. Taxi is difficult too cos the taxi driver can help but likely dunno how to fold our stroller. I took once and never take taxi with stroller again
happy.gif

I have carrier too but find it too heavier to carry baby for long period of time. I uses it when I travel, it's good to use it to carry baby when u are getting on and off flight.

ak/yingzz/dolly: IMAX refunded the tickets. But yea such a spoiler! Thought finally can go out and relax abit then like that.. So funny, first time I encounter technical fault and had to cancel movie halfway.. Never happen before. Anyways, I'm going to watch it again today! Haha.. Since last day on IMAX. So going out again later!

hi mummies.. can i check for those with Dr Ben Tham, does he do VE or CTG during the weekly checks from week 37 onwards?

Hello mummies
I just give birth 7 days ago. My water retention gets very bad worst than before delivery. (normal delivery)
My feet got so swollen till I can't recognize and getting worst each day.

Any one has the same problem?

Hello mummies,

I am still playing the waiting game... eDD is 31 may. Not sure when bb will want to make her appearance. Dr made all the checks and find her well so asked me to wait. Although I am 1.5 cm dilated he felt that it might be a 50/50 percent chance that I will have c sect as bb is not engaged yet.

Although I am in my 38 week going on 39 week I am still working and visiting customers. Anyone still working?

. Docelvita: your bb engage already???

Slings/ carrier/ pram
I will prefer sling or pram initially as its more suitable for newborns. They will get frighten easily so if u keep them close to you they will feel more comfortable. Of course for long period of time it will be tiring.... Like what Dolly said pram is

EA: I did not have any swellings on my legs. Maybe I was walking a lot? Guess this depends on individuals.

Baby Tots

Malay massage is sure to be oily. So far I have not heard of any malay massage who dont use lots and lots of oil. So unless you go for other type of post natal massage, example those from spas..you can't run away from oil

littledotty >> I'm so afraid of confinement being over nw .. wonder hw to manage a baby after CL leaves.. wat bout u, u'll be taking care of bb on ur own after confinement ?

Sometimes hw i wish there's a place where all mummies can gather & take care of bb together during our maternity leave .. share our problems together ..

Hi mummies!!

New in this thread.. Just delivered my bb boy on mon.. At 37weeks
He the smallest bb in the hospital.. Weighing 2.2kg
Lucky he healthy aft all the check

I'm actually planning to total bf him but hb suggest to gv partial fm to beef him up 1st.... Wat u mummies think?

Thanks for the advise on the pram! I think when hubby not around and I want to bring bb out, it will be very challenging! haa..train and pram sounds good..I bought a pupsik sling online yesterday and will see if it is convenient to carry the baby out in it..looks very comfy to sit and sleep in..

Mrs Ho, I am also wondering how to manage esp at night..after these days of monitoring, my bb feeds like every 1.5hrs n when he flew into a temper, he can cry very loudly..haa..ya i'm taking care of him myself after confinement..but I guess have to learn to manage, when he gets older, it will be better! You will be on your own too?
happy.gif

actually I wish I can just stay home and take care of bb, watch him grow..

Hi Tilsa, my edd is also 31 may and I'm waiting for baby's arrival. It's 39 wks this week but gynae didn't mention anything about dilation didn't check that only do normal scan and check fluid level. Bb is engaged and I'm going for natural delivery.
I'm working from home this week and will be on leave from next Mon onwards.

Hi Tlisa,

Gynae didnt mention about whether if baby is engage or not. He just did the normal scan to check fluids and heartbeat. He also did VE to know that Im 3cm dilate.
Will be going for induce tml morning le..finally my turn soon..hahaha..will keep u all update =)

>> EA
Congrats! Maybe you can ask your gynae? Dont seem to hear anyone having the same problem as you do over at FB / this forum.. i only heard to cure water retention can drink more water and prop your legs up as much as you can..

>> Tlisa
I was working till one day before my EDD.. and i havent pop yet.. BB is 5 days late!

>> Mrs Ho
You in the old FB? Quite a lot of mummies are sharing their problems there..

>> Juski
Congrats!! Is ur bb seeing any PD.. think PD can advise better.. i know some of the mummies actually want TBF.. but for the bb health they chose to supplement with FM as well in the end..

Hi gals, I have just delivered ytd past midnight. I had 17hours of labour before delivery. I'll try to post my birth story tonight when I finish my post natal class n settle bb for the night. Still at tmc. Really exhausted.

hi mummies,

those who just gave birth, can share with me more abt your gynae on their stitches etc? Anyone deliver in Mt A / TMC/ Glen E? Any feedback? Thanks

Baby Tots: I did the pre-natal massage with a thin seahorse mattress layed on the floor and a towel on top of the mattress. After the massage, the floor is certainly very slippery, the towel smell of the oil. Personally I dun feel too oily though, maybe my body absorbed a lot of oil. But I've not tried her post-natal massage yet. She does relieve some of my backache and I got less water retention then #1 during pregnancy.

EA: Is the swelling serious? Same as yingzz, I've not heard of it before, my water retention went away after giving birth (both c-sec). Why not ask your gynae?

bliss_ling: You mean stitches for csec or natural birth? My gynae cut at the bikini line, and for #2, he cut at the same line, so I have 1 wound for 2 birth

Claire! Congrats!
I delivered in Mt A by csec, love their services there. But parking can be an issue now, cos there's reno there.

Ladies, just want to update that I safely delivered on Sunday (Mon SG time) and just got home now. Will update my delivery story once we've all settled down!

Hi mummies, I have also delivered last night at tmc by induction.

Claire: we could have been at the birth room tog! I delivered at 11 plus. Delivery time is 4 hours, but the waiting for dilation took me 6 hours.

Will Update my birth story again soon.
Jia you to the rest of u!

COngrats to all mummies who had given birth!!!

Yingzz: My first born was also late by one day... If your gynae is not too concern, then it should be fine. You can monitor bb movements.

Back