(2012/05) May 2012

BTW, Dolce, Ak, Yingzz, Sasha and Claire: Might be too late to do waxing, but if you going for csec, then better do the full one
happy.gif

I did a brazilian for #1, then for #2, since I know it's going to be csec, so just ask to clean up along the "line" and 2 inches below, ended up nurse still got to shave.

Oh, so better is to stay away from eggs! Noted that babes
happy.gif

I want to start the post natal massage right away! cant wait to get rid of the sinful fats that ive accumulated throughout this 9 months!!

Sasha: yes, i am. got backache with cramps but i think is not braxon hicks cos the only braxton hicks i experienced is far worse than what i'm feeling now.

Dolly: Had my brazillian done 2 weeks ago, thinking the little bub might come early and all. And good that you got advice regarding the post-natal massage, better to be safe.

AK: Just monitor and see if the pain gets more gradually over the day. Could be time soon
happy.gif

Dolly: urs is c sect right? So post natal massage for c sect is 6 weeks after? I supposed for natural, can start early?

Sasha: oh really? The pain u referring is to the cramp right? It's my first time, so really don't know when it's happening. Scary!

Oh no. I din do Brazilian wax. I thought the nurse would shave if c sect, then y r we doing it? I'm lost. Pls enlighten me.

Remember to stay away from egg products like cakes. Normal delivery post natal massage can start a few days later.

Ak, I'm suspecting u in labour. Take care.

Ak: For natural, can start massage the day after you discharge from hospital
happy.gif
And yes, the cramping will only get worst, couple that with the backpain. When in doubt, head to the hospital! Last time I held on, then had huge urge to poop and push and by time I got to hospital, I was fully dilated!

ak: Yeah for natural can start early, for csec got to wait for the wound to heal, heard that there's many layers that the gynae got to cut through, so eventhough the outside wound looks ok, inside still not ok yet.

Claire: The nurse just use blade to shave, and might cause ingrown hair or razor bumps after that. Was asking the nurse at the clinic, she normally do it 1 week before delivery. For my case, I did around 10 days before that, and bought the cream from the shop to apply. But didn't know it's not "deep" enough
happy.gif
Ended up still got some pus after removing the plaster.

For #1, I did brazilian, but a bit too early (like 1 month) ended up got a ingrown hair.

AK: Yeah, for C-Sect they have to cut through 7 layers of skin so it's like Dolly said, even if it looks healed on the outside, the internal wounds are still healing and that may even take years.

Not sure what the practice here is like with shaving and all. We shall see
happy.gif

Claire: I went to 2 different shops, for #1, I went to HoneyPot at Taka, this time I went to Strip at Paragon.
Both sells after shave products to prevent ingrown hair. But the one sold at Taka is a spray but cannot be used during pregnancy... so kinda waste money, the ones at Strip are cream based and they say can use during pregnancy, so I use delegently, and even now. Seems to be good cos when remove the long plaster after 2 weeks, got some bumps already, after applying the cream, the bumps goes away
happy.gif

For #1, did the waxing a bit too early, the bumps were at the scar, this time is only at the place where the nurse shaved.

sasha: maybe u chk w gynae what's the practice like?

Dolly: Here in Germany (Europe), it's not the gynaes who deliver the babies. They take care of you during the pregnancy but at the end of the day, you have your own midwife who delivers you and visits you after etc.

Hi ladies, I'm also waiting for bb's arrival. Edd is 31 may. Will be working from home next week. Lasting working day is next fri. I think bb will come next week.
happy.gif

>> dolly
Me not intending to do brazilian waxing.. just let the nurse shave.. one thing is never done it before and scare of the pain.. cos ppl also say during pregnancy the area is more sensitive?

>> sleeping
same as sasha.. i feel more uncomfortable sleeping at the side.. BB has more movement when i turn to the side.. so usually i slp on my back.. until i feel the strain too much then will flip a bit to the side.. all in all.. no one position is comfy! but usually when i wake i will find myself lying on the back..

now tt i am on ML.. i actually slept from 1 plus to 6 plus this afternoon sia...& now feeling slpy already..

my friends ask me to walk more so BB will come out faster.. but i am feeling so lazy!

one more day (almost) passed! lets see who will be the next to pop!

Yingzz: That's what they say but I don't feel any difference in the pain before and during pregnancy. You are right about no one position is comfy. For me, it's a bonus if I can fall asleep at all. I definitely do feel more tired and sleepy in the day but I try to avoid taking naps. Even so, it's sometimes hard to fall asleep at night. Don't know if walking helps cause I walk daily but doesn't seem to make any difference. At least not with this baby
happy.gif

Btw, can someone add me to the FB group (old or new, doesn't matter): [email protected]

>> sasha
cant seem to add you in FB.. try to add me [email protected] and I will add you to the new group..

for me.. i can sleep easily most of the time.. just on and off there will be difficult nights.. actually i usually sleep quite a lot one.. hard to imagine life when BB come and the lack of slp tt comes with it..

yingzz: Yeah,waxing is painful only at that split seconds (over a few times), but it keep the area "clean". Shaving also painful cos the nurse will do a dry shave and not very clean one. Anyway, it's not necessary lah, personal preference

Claire: Maybe can ask gynae how much dilated, baby engaged already or not and what are the chance of giving birth by inducing?
For me, it's also a relief when my gynae declare that I need to give birth early, cos my back is really hurting badly. And I'm so heavy (almost 85kg) it's harder and harder to walk.

Yingzz and Dolly, I doubt my bb has engaged. I very scare my Bo chap gynae ask me endure n wait another week. I'm already not sleeping last night cos of the itch. As of last week is 1cm dialate and last week she can't seem to measure bb abdomen then no bb weight given to me. Always say next then c how. Urghhhh. The itch cause me very pek chek with her too.

dolly: hhaha yup i heard some nurse will anyhow shave.. we shall see..

claire: i tot gynae will only check for dilation if bb is engaged already? or you can try asking her for cream to soothe the itching?

Yingzz, I got a cream already containing steroid. It works for the tummy itch but not the hands and legs. Now it's spreading. Sigh.

Claire: I've some itch at underarm area until it's red and painful during my pregnancy, but I dun dare to use steroid cream though. Then I saw this Hope Relief cream from BP, after applying for 1 week, the whole underarm is healed. And it does not contain steroid... really amazing. Maybe u can try if u wanna hold on... For me, the itch and pain goes off straight away. But the redness stay for a week.

Morning mummies! My cramps were over, felt better last nite, I still went out for dinner n watch movie, and still walks alot but slowly.

Claire: so what did your gynae says? Is the any feeling down there if we are dilated?

Claire it could be ezcema outbreak. I had 1 outbreak too and it lasted for about 1and the half months. It's very itchy on my hands and feet. Tiny little angry red bumps. Very itchy especially at night. It disrupted my sleep. Visited gp and he prescribed me elomet cream. It's very effective, stops the itch. They have since gone away.
As for tummy I use clarins stretch mark cream during the day and the tonic oil at night. So far so good. No itch and marks.

Try to use 2 pillows to sleep one lie flat the other place it at 45 degrees angle. I find this is much more comfortable than lying flat. Now last few weeks quite difficult getting to sleep at night. Try and see if this works for you mummies

Gals! My gynae agreed that my pregnancy rashes r serious. Induce me on Monday. She refused to work tmr. Bb already 3.2-3.3kg. Head not engaged, but she not worried cos the contractions can push bb to engage. I'm told to admit t 7am

ak: glad u felt better.. i am so bored at home.. hb busy working.. even today..

claire: my bb also 3.2kg.. all the best for monday.. go satisfy your cravings before confinement starts :p

Phyllis, I tried Clarins stretchmark cream, Clarins Shea butter, gynae steroid cream, olive oil, grandpa pine soap (imported from US). No use.

So I request induced labour n gynae gladly approved. I brought my bag down today. She refused to deliver today cos she say late already, that was 1130am. She don't want work tmr too. So the earliest is Mon. She say pity me so serious rashes n din sleep so give me earliest day to induce. -.-""

Yingz: thanks! But also sian. Means I'm not in labour
sad.gif

Claire: ur gynae really Bo chap leh, ur rashes so jialat but still dont wanna help u. Haiz..

Claire: Think for gynae their rest time is reserved for babies who come out "voluntarily" For my case also, although he said can give birth anytime (on sat) he gave me the choice between Mon and Tue, to checkin to hospital at 7am and book the Operating Theatre at 9:30am. I guess also for the nurse, cos in my case it's a schedule csec, so 9:30am is working hour... then nurse no need to work overtime?

Claire guess it's hereditary then. Try to refrain from scratching the rashes. The more you scratch the more itchy it gets and not to mention the scars. Take care and have a safe induce labor on Mon. Jia you...

Ya Dolly. I think what u said makes sense.

Phyllis, no choice leh. Each day must scratch once or twice. I think sure scar. But when I itch like mad, I can't think, it's madness.

Ak, I'm already happy that she agree to induce me. She said pity me so severe rashes. Today she so friendly, din show door to me like last time or yawn when I speak. I think I can strike lottery. Haha

Ya, maybe. probably her gynae phrase it wrongly ba, cited the wrong reasons.

Claire: happy for u, can deliver Liao ;) jia you and eat whatever u want!!
just watched the movie :" what to expect when you are expecting". So close to my heart.

Claire: wow,your gynae so altitude one, at least today she good to you.
All the best this Monday, or perhaps tomorrow... who knows?
happy.gif

Mummies who popped, can I check what gifts are you all going to give your colleagues for your baby's full month? I still cannot decide what to give and next week is my bb's full month liao..

newbie2012: For those who give gift or ang bao, I just give cake cards. Whether they come to the full month celebration or not ;)
Those who come to full month, the buffet, ang ku kueh, red eggs... etc already enough mah
happy.gif

Dolly: thanks! I got ard 35 colleagues (including bosses) to give.. Not inviting them to my full month buffet celebration. I plan to give vouchers (easier) but cannot decide which vouchers to give.. U got ur cake cards from where?

i think can also give vouchers from bengawan solo? heard my colleague say she receive before.. then i think the person redeeming can choose from a variety of cakes like pandan cake etc..

newbie2012: my office usual practice is Bengawan solo too... but I'm thinking of changing cos everyone give bengawang solo... I still have around 5 cards to clear myself! haha.. I received once from Famous Amoy, and another time from a bakery shop which I can only find in limited places. The good thing about bengawan is there's many branches so the receiver can find one readily, bad thing is it's so common! Now I'm thinking of Emicakes, but again, not many outlets.

Gals, ytd my gynae check my cervix but no brownish discharge. Now I go toilet n found brownish discharge. Is that sign of labour coming?

Think it's common to have discharge after the examination? Don't worry unless it's fresh blood. Continue to monitor the discharge and alert ur gynae if there's any abnormalities. Take care!

Back