(2012/05) May 2012

Phyllis: my baby is now 3.1kg plus.. So estimated at birth, would be higher. So scared and I gained like over 15kg, don't dare to weigh myself but I don't look like I've gained so much. Think 3kg plus baby, shld be fine to deliver naturally ba. Since 3kg plus seems to be the norm.

Claire: no need to envy me cos I'm still not in labour
happy.gif
think is baby dropping further ba. Haiz.. Hate the feeling of not knowing when baby is coming out.

Rabbitz: thanks for sharing! So did you confront the CL? Luckily my mum is doing my confinement, cos I never trusted outsiders Esp confinement ladies, I see them as someone who thought they are very very experienced and it's scary to see the way they handled and carry the baby cos they thought they are super experienced. But of cos, there are some nice ones around ;)

rabbitz: my gosh! did you talk to your cl about it? are u still keeping her? I also dun understand y they cant seem to understand that we want to give the child breast milk as far as possible.. and gng to the extent of throwing away your breastmilk is too much..i guess they dun want to wake up many times in the night as well..i really hate it when they force-feed the baby and they always say time is up already, better feed before bb cries...my cl is not too bad, just that she kept wanting to increase the amt bb drinks and shortening the time to give milk, how to finish drinking?? and i think it is a bad habit..naturally, babies will tell us when they are hungry..we just have to wait for the cues and feed..

That is also y I cannot wait for confinement to be over and I take care of bb myself..not at the mercy of others..

Yes I fired CL amongst other problems she gave me eg rub ruyi oil on bb tummy directly n forehead without our knowledge. When bath bb use small scoop pour water over his head to wash instead of use cloth! I was too painful fm my stitches to monitor her and hubby not around. CL created havoc. My mum visited n witnessed to tell me.

Things is when CL first arrive my hubby demo how to handle bb n hue specific instructions but CL stubborn n cut corners use own method when nobody watching.

I got my mum to help me now for balance 3w confinement. CL are over paid n we hv to put up with them jus for that extra pair of hands. They steal food to eat n drink my tonic soup add water then give me! I changed 2 CL within 1.5 weeks! Can't tolerate their nonsense on handling baby. I agree CL always want to increase milk feed n when bb make some noise faster bring to me to latch on so she can sleep. After I pacify bb he sleeps for n hour before really crying for milk. Like that two hrs of my sleep time wasted every night.

Korynn Lim: For Mt A, For mum: it provides maternity pad (loop ones) so if you want to use adhesive type, bring your own. Bring your own clothes, slippers during stay. They have a toiletries pouch, so no need to bring shampoo and soap if u are not fussy. For baby: got diapers, clothes for them during the stay but no mittens and booties, so bring your own. And on discharge, bring baby clothes for them to change into.

Rabbitz: glad that you fired her! Totally absurb lor, these CL cmi and spoil market. Now your mum is helping you, u can rest well without such worries
happy.gif

>> star
all the best! have a smooth delivery!!

>> charmaine
i already added you on FB in the afternn.. you need to add me as friend before i can add you to the grp..

>> rabbitz
oh my.. i am so glad you fired her.. how could she just throw away your precious BM..

My CL was not via agency, was a fren of another CL whom cannot do confinement for me. The nasty CL is known as Aunty Li Li.

After our lesson, these are some areas we feel are checkpoints to monitor CL, jus to share :

- CL empty kitchen rubbish frequently > dispose food waste evidence that she secretly ate yr food or herb.

- Yr longan water has tint of taste sour > it should be sweet if freshly prepared everyday, if put for too long or overnight then it hv a sour taste

- CL keep telling u shld increase vol of feed or say bb still hungry despite u already feeding the desired Amt of milk > CL may secretly increase the feed if bottle feed, if using FM, she is likely to make e milk thicker

- CL rush u to go sleep at about midnight > she want to force feed baby just before her own bedtime so bb is full n not wake up so soon later. She will wake baby up and force bottle into his mouth to feed.

- CL is quite plump but eats very little during mealtime > she already secretly stolen food for herself while preparing yr dinner. The slices of fish in yr fridge doesnt tally with how much was cooked for u. Or she spends long time in kitchen preparing meals.

- CL bath nb extremely early in morning before u or hubby wakes up > she doesn't want anyone to monitor her bathing procedure and anyhow bath baby.

- CL brings a big luggage and pad lock her stuff > she steal yr tonic or herbs bit by bit everyday and lock inside her luggage.

Actually this horrible CL as I shared in prev post is already my second replacement in 2 weeks. First CL ( aunty jiang) was lazy n overslept, not prompt to ensure longan water readily available and unhygenic when handling (plus other stuff). After these bad exp, we regret hiring CL to make our lives so miserable ie agony and cannot scold her worry she harms bb.

The market rate for CL is 2200-2300 plus ang pow. That's abt 80 a day. Despite doing a lousy job n gettin fired after the 'probation first few days', these CL still get pro rated few hundreds. We feel like being conned!

I was thinking our thread is pretty quiet, with not many mummies left waiting to pop and today saw post that star is having her turn....

During my check up on Wed,Gynae ask if i wana deliver earlier, he can induce for me since my EDD is next week 22May. But I told him I prefer everything to be natural if possible.
He say ok, monitor and make sure baby has movement of about 10 counts everyday and if still no sign next week, will have to induce for me.
*Cross finger*, hope baby will come out by himself...hahahahahaha...

Dolcevita: Yup, Not many of us left waiting for our turn. Glad that we are Here for each other and sharing our experiences
happy.gif

by the way, did your gynae mention any possible side effects for inducing the labour? There will certainly be additional costs involved right? One of my bestie was induced cos her baby wasn't growing inside the womb so her gynae advised her might as well induced the baby. I'm scare that my baby will grow bigger n heavier until no choice but to go for c sect
sad.gif

Ak, I share the same sentiments as u. Also heard that a fren can't deliver naturally cos bb 3.8kg too big too fit her pelvic bone.

So now left dolce, ak n me waiting to poop?

star: have a smooth delivery! Share your story with us soon!

Dolcevita: after popping, everyone is busy with taking care of the baby (and watching over the CL) haa...may you have a smooth delivery as well..baby will tell you when he wants to come out and meet the world!
happy.gif
Don't worry too much k..

Rabbitz: Glad to know she is no longer working for you..actually it brings me to wonder, those so-called recommendations, really sometimes it is pure luck..after reading many stories about cl, one common thing is they are not very hygenic..but no one is perfect, as long as they take good care of bb, I am quite happy already..

Ak, I don't know if there's side effect to induce labour. Some frens say it's very painful n long labour. But I have 2 frens induced n 4 hrs they poop already.

Oh my god, I really have to watch my diet Liao. Yest I still ate snickers (so shit!!).. My baby is weighing 3125 on monday's gynae visit. I'm week 38, should be ok ba.. (cross my fingers).
My bestie was induced and deliver also within few hours. Guess it really depends on individual.

Today is my last day of work! Yeah..

i am still waiting to pop too! today is actually my edd.. my doc gave me two options yesterday during my chkup.. either to induce or natural.. i told her i wanna be natural.. so she gave me till one week later.. if bb haven come out then must induce already.. because not good for bb to be overdue as well.. there are certain risks such as bb might poop inside, placenta not as efficient..

for inducing labour.. it will usually be a longer process than natural.. if no underlying medical condition.. i think good to choose natural?

Those who's not popped.. remember to drink coconut water! haha, my #1 I delegently did it cos baby was overdued. #2, baby csec at week 37 and I've haven't started it yet, now my gal got a lot of pimple on her face leh... wonder if it's really true that coconut water help cleanse the baby before born, but now kinda think if I've drank some before, maybe my gal face will be clearer
happy.gif

Yingz: missed you out! No wonder I thought we still got few more haven't popped. Hope you will pop today! How are u feeling? Ya. Think Better give ur baby few days grace period to come out before inducing.

Dolly: is it true? My mum say don't drink too much cos coconut is super cooling, I've drank 3-4 coconuts thusfar.

ak: yup will induce only on 25 may if bb still not out by then.. lol i am feeling very ok.. not much diff.. dont feel much contractions too.. lol so dont think will pop today~

on coconut.. i think drink once a week should be ok.. can also drink beancurd barley.. i didnt take a lot of coconut cos its more diff to find..

So far I have only drank 2 coconuts.

Besides tummy itchy, anyone having skin rashes or itchiness on legs? I'm having that this week, I'm not allergic to any food but dont know why my skin will itch. Is that heat rash?

yup yup, beancurd barley with ginko nuts, yummy!! my mil also cooked red bean soup, dunno y. think is some cantonese myth ba..

claire: my tummy also itch at all times! have to bear with it
sad.gif
no, i dont have itchness on legs, check with your gynae on next visit?

ak: err... red bean is heaty leh...
anyway, like yingzz says, no need to drink a lot of coconut, but for me, I didn't drink ANY! hehe

Yingzz: Your baby is like my #1 leh, dun wan to come out! Then just wait loh, no choice

claire: ya lo.. green bean is more cooling than red bean, dont know why my mil cook red bean instead. Heard that its for baby's beautiful skin.

who is your gynae btw?

ak,

My bb weighs 3.5kg le ! Gynae warn me this time round, it might be more xinku as baby is bigger. My #1 was 3.1kg when born. So he ask me to watch my diet and dun eat too much.

He didnt mention about any side effect of inducing birth but im worried it will take long time / cost more / end up in C-sec
sad.gif

Ive also drank only about 2 coconuts so far.

We can do a countdown with only few of us left, waiting to pop..see who will go first..hahahaha...
Suppose to start my maternity leave this week but cos no symptoms, I came back to work. Its a right choice, otherwise would have waste 5 days of precious maternity leave.
Most prob will start taking it next week as confirm will deliver by then.

Good luck to all of us waiting =)

claire: you are so sweet lo, dont wanna affect ur gynae biz.. if my gynae bo chap, i will surely tell the world. haha.. but my gynae is famous for being man of few words but i think he's a nice person.

dolcevita: wah.. 3.5kg ah.. attempting natural delivery as well? so scary right, dont dare to eat but still got cravings at times
sad.gif

today is my last work day, taking mc next week, then start my ML on 24th onwards.

Left only: Dolce, Ak, Yingzz and me. Counting down....

My mil came over to stay with me. My maid is arriving tmr. Both dunno anything. I got to teach both.

ak,

Yes I wana try natural again this time round. Hope can manage to squeeze bb out....hahahahaha...just afraid that the longer he stay inside, the bigger he will be...
Anyway its just a few days away only to the EDD, hope the weight maintains =)

yeah! Natural all the way! Missed the chance doing natural for #1. So for #2, gynae advised to go csec. The healing is slower, now still feel pain at times and it's like 3 weeks already.

Claire: Am also counting down. Last night had pretty bad contractions and couldn't sleep but seems to have died down this morning. No choice but to wait
happy.gif

AK: I have the same fear as you. That baby will be big and have to opt for C-sect. Cause this is my first baby that has passed 38weeks! Haha. The rest were all early. But keeping optimistic that all will be ok.

Dolly: Why is it that one can't eat egg after C-sect? My last C-sect, my mother just told me to avoid seafood.

Dolly, my colleague after c sect 4 mths still pain while bending. Better to avoid eggs n egg product till gynae says wound is fully seal up

hey sasha, we missed out you! what is your baby's current weight?

Dolly: is it because that egg n chicken are "poisonous"? but since we can eat sesame oil chicken, we should be able to eat egg ba?

Oh, so we have Dolce, Ak, Yingzz and Sasha and me counting down.

Sasha, eggs will build up the pus n the wound won't heal up easily

AK: The last time weight taken was at 35 weeks and she weighs abt 2500gms. Since then, I can feel that I'm putting on more weight and have never felt this heavy. And for the past 2 weeks, been having this pain on my left pelvic too. So uncomfortable!

claire: thks for sharing this piece of info
happy.gif

sasha: hmm.. sounds ok. but baby grow spurts at this last few weeks. lets pray hard! I also have difficulty walking today.. so heavy lor.. now i know why some mummies cant wait for the day to deliver liao, cos is tiring.. cant slp well also. keep tossing n turning but still couldnt find a gd posture to slp, else the baby will keep kicking etc.

Claire: I see. Didn't know that
happy.gif

AK: Growth spurt is what scares me especially since I notice I have been eating and snacking a lot also these past 2 weeks. All my friends say I am huge and walking is not fun esp with water retention. And sleeping is also a chore, esp when I want to change position. End up sleeping on my back mostly.

sasha: hi 5, i also like to slp on my back but i noticed that baby's movement are more vigorous when we slp on our back. So i turn to my side to slp instead, and her movement greatly reduced.

actually im seriously feeling uncomfortable now, like abit of menses cramp.

Claire: Thanks! My CL told me not to eat egg, or just a little bit only. But both my mum and cousin who gave birth naturally says can. Then my CL says cos she give birth naturally that's why can eat egg earlier. hehe, so I better keep away from eggs.

I've also called my gynae clinic and ask if I can start the post-natal massage, the senior nurse told me to start only after 6 weeks. So got to wait.

Ak: For me, her movements are more uncomfortable for me when I lay on my sides. Hard sleeping on my back as I've always been a side-sleeper.

Are you also experiencing backaches along with these menses-like cramps?

Back