(2012/05) May 2012

yingzz : ya prop up suppose to work but when sleeping, together w all the tossing, turning & discomfort, its difficult to maintain... Anyway good thing my serious leg cramps was only tt 2 nites. If it had continued, I wld hv stsarted wearing socks. I bgt compression half stocking to try but unfortunately after 1st nite, I realised, in a hurry, I bgt the wrong size! It cost me $50+! Sheesh...

Anyone wanna buy from me? hehe

Slings - I made my own reversible slings! Can choose my favourite fabrics & cost so much cheaper than the ones they sell. I made 2 cos 1st try was abit not rite but maybe still can use, depends on baby in future. I already bgt the babybjorn carrier but thot of trying a sling so decided to make instead of buying after i saw the price they sell at. Afterall I'm not sure if baby will like sling, hrd some mummies say their bb din like to be put in a sling.

Gosh. I am having the worse backaches ever. Stretch from mid to lower back. When will it go away? Now I can't even sleep on my back. Muz zzz sideways.. Pain pain..

Have u all started to wash and pack bb clothes?

Yingzz: Oohhh... Now I understand... Hahaha!!

Chocolateteddy: I've bought from ihaveababy but their website is not updated and always a lot of things OOS. I'm now buying from the BP thread recommended... I ordered from springleaf whereby they are selling the same thing with ihaveababy, some same price and some cheaper.. Customer service better too... I've ordered but haven receive so cannot review but brand the same, quality should be the same...
happy.gif
they have more stocks and sizes too!! I go to this link:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/6687684.html?1332557211

Momo's Baby: actually you should already sleep on the sides... If not baby weight will be on your back and all.. Not good.. As adviced by gynae..

Actually mummies, I would like to ask how many sets of clothes do you all pack for yourself? Coz if let's say we stay 2 days and check out at 12pm, it's like 1 set or max 2 sets enough already...? Coz only 1 night there...?

>> chocolateteddy
haha yes its diff to maintain propping of legs.. i also try as much as i can.. but usually in the morning my legs wont be on the pillow anymore.. lol.. wah compression socks so exp!

>> nursing bra
ooh thanks keiko for the link.. i think the quality shld be the same as ihaveababy because the design and name of the nursing bras are the same! good to have alt site to buy from.. i also buy some from gmarket..

>> sleeping
actually i am still sleeping on my back some times.. nowadays keep tossing and turning but cant seem to find a very comfortable position to sleep..

>> Keiko
perhaps 2 set of nursing gowns and 1 set of going home wear? shld be enough? hhhaa i havent started packing nor washing the clothes yet.. still a bit confused on the packing list.. i see my sis packing list we even need the marriage cert so that can register baby's name..

Mummies check with u. Which week shld we be doing the GBD swab test? When i went for my appt ystd at week 34, he nv mention abt it leh.

Yingzz: oohh!! Thanks for the info! I never knew about the married cert! Lol... Anyway the nursing tank, online selling $18, spring maternity has the same quality (at least feel like the same) selling at $30+! Buy them online... :D

Momo's Baby: what's GBD Swab test?

Ops. Sorry its the GBS swap test. I think some test to test for some virus tat can be harmful to bb during delivery. I heard if tested positive, need to be put on antibiotics before birth. Those more experienced mummies can share??

Re: nursing bras

I also bought some from springleaf in BP thread..gd Cust service I must say..helps with sizing queries..I also saw some from pretty international which has branches in Toa Payoh n amk..they were selling fr 18..plain designs..so in the end online cheaper leh..with springleaf's promotion..I was looking for nightgowns, still haven't found..prob wait for Easter Sunday sale in department stores..

Re: moo moo kow
Yeah I bought them but was having headache on the special type of detergent to wash..can't really review now since never use haha..but I do heard that it seems better to use cloth diapers for first month lar..as fr 1 old story that someone asked before-why male babies use cloth better- it's because cloth diapers can breathe better as compared to disposables..n u know cooling the babies' troops area is important to their vitality next time hahaha..

Read online about this but anyway I don't believe lar..girl girl or boy boy, I believe cloth diapers are better just more mafan..

Re: nursing gowns
At least 2 sets bah? In case c sect 4d3n?

Re: sleeping
I sleep in sitting position! Anyone knows if it's ok? I find it more comfortable cos of the gas I feel (below) but always end up with aching shoulders..

Btw wat is reflux? I always need to burp out when baby kicks or when I feel gas coming up my throat, is that reflux?

candymix : Heartburn is the discomfort we feel caused by acid reflux from our stomach. Also meaning that the acid in our stomach "flow back" into our esophagus, which basically means the acids are "pushed" upwards towards our throat, which contributes to that "cold" feeling we get in our chest n throat. The causes of this during pregnancy are hormones and the uterus (and baby) pushing against our stomach.

You can read this for more details:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/146619.php

moomookow - candymix, how many did you buy? Did u get their set? I luv some of the colours!

Someone gave me hers which she bgt for her 1st bb but did not use. The brand was babyland, which I checked online n the reviews weren't tt good so m still thinking of buying the moomookow ones. Just tt i dun wanna invest too much on it cos I dunno if my bb or I can tahan it. Hahaha!

For nursing wear/bras, I almost buy from all the BP before, think depends on luck, cos we can't try before buying. Sometimes you get such a bad material and cut that I felt like throwing straight away
happy.gif
I've learnt not to buy too cheap (those less than $10 are far too low).
Anyway, can also buy from those expo sales, there's a few brand that do sell regularly at those expo and they give good discount. At least you can try until you like
happy.gif

Momsinmind (MIM) has changed /change hands and now it's call The birth shop, same old sales ladies. But the nursing clothes style are pretty much the same. You can go to their warehouse to try out as well.
Milky way has good quality stuff and different styles to choose from. Like their style (after buying too much from MIM)
Found the nursing clothes at Spring maternity not very suitable for nursing, hopefully they improved over the years

Anyway, try to get nursing clothes that has no zip or buttons, but yet not easy to expose on light tug.

BTW, I nursed for 21 months for my boy, so everyday nursing bra. And every weekends must wear nursing clothes
happy.gif
And I bought more and more over the months... hahaha

Chocolateteddy: hmm I got it during bb expo fair..initially wanted to get the starter kit but got the 8pcs instead and they gave 2 pcs free with wet bag, extra inserts, changing met etc so it lowered my cost otherwise usually its $30 each..I believe first 1-2 months will already break-even cos u will hardly go out and imagine change 10 nappies a day/ every 2-3hours..so it's like $3/day so 1 month 30 days already $90

But to me, more importantly it's abt baby skin lar..

Hmm I was debating between bumwear and moomookow but I find bumwear a bit confusing..they got many types..whereas the latter is simpler concept to me hahaha..

Actually can dump all the diapers n baby clothes together and use washing machine to wash..if u got confinement nanny, can get her to wash daily lor, at least got something to do haha..

Momo's Baby: hmmm... Never heard my gynae mention before...

Candymix: I think sleeping on sides is the safest...
happy.gif
as adviced by Dr Tham...

Dolly: wow!! I wana aim to BF till 18 months and continue to pump till as long as I can... *pray* hahahs!! Hopefully can succeed!

Moomookow is the one offered at spring maternity? I think both is the same and works the same... But my mum refuse to let me buy coz she says use cloth diapers (the tradition kind) a lot cheaper... -.- what to do.. She's helping to take care... But ok, at least it's still cloth but I just feel that it's more work, coz more to wash than the Moomookow one...

>> cloth diapers
same here my mum also ask me to buy the traditional kind of cloth diapers..

>> dolly2009
is there a reason why we shldnt get nursing wear with zip? I can understand buttons.. but why not zip? tot it will be easy to access with zip?

>> momobaby
i also never hear about the test before.. maybe i shld ask dr tee tmr if i rem.. but he always quite chop chop & i tend to forget whatever qns i wanna ask..

cloth diapers - which brand do you buy? Tollyjoy? I was thinking of buying too. And alternate between the traditional ones and the disposables.

I also got 2 babyland diapers given by friend. But I was thinking to use the traditional ones instead. Cos the traditional ones dry faster? And its cheaper too.

momobaby, mine will do the V swap test on 36th week. My gynae did not tell me, but I checked with the nurse and she told me that. You should check with your doc or the reception too.. =)

I did my V swap test last week at 34 weeks. I think this is quite standard to make sure our birth canal have no bacteria as baby has to go thru there....

My baby head still at the side.... Have turn down unlike #1 , head down b4 30 weeks. I'm quite worry I need to go C-sect if she don't turn down by my next appt.

I use Pureen ABD washing powder recommended by last CL to wash nappies cloth diaper . Very easy for stains to come out.

Yah thebolder generation is more familiar with the traditional type..my mum was giving me disapproving look when i showed her moo moo kow..

The traditional type can use the pigeon white squares napkin packet..I think 10 pcs $25 but u need like quite a lot I think..I have both the pigeon and moo moo kow plus disposables for outgoing use..I hope I can persevere with moo moo kow!

If using the pigeon cloth nappies, can either buy a cover or use baby pins or even tie it up..can wash with normal Or baby detergent..also get disposable liners for poo then easier to wash away poo..just throw the liner away..some people even use washable liners aiyo..I can't lar..

I read up quite a bit before I decided to go cloth and mix with disposables..those pigeon traditional ones are passed down from sister in law..otherwise I will just use moo moo kow..

Was told moo moo kow must use powder detergent..no bleach/brightener or softener..actually ok with enzymes but best don't have..those special detergent for bumwear/ moo mookow diapers are so ex..since the moomookow lady told me enzymes are ok, then I just got pigeon powder detergent..cheaper..read in mummysg forum some people use tollyjoy or even kodomo liquid..

Well the advice from bumwear is to NOT to use baby detetgent but the cheapest normal adult detergent can already..cheapest cos no added bleach/ enzymes/ softener etc..so far I have not found any lar..some websites say kao attack, some say tide..??

>> ayana
my sis say tollyjoy not bad for nappies..

>> dolcevita
no worries
happy.gif

>> facebook
hello, for all who add me on facebook, pls identify yourself.. so i know you are from the forum.. thanks! i will then add u inside the fb group~

Wow u all so onz! Using napoies for ur bb...I'm just one lazy mummy...will use diapers instead. I used to buy lots of napoies for my #1. In the end, no one taught me how to use and lazy to wash as I took care of my #1 by my own self. The nappies were used as cushions to support her head. Lol

hello mummies.. anyone experiencing back aches?

i woke up this mrng with severe back ache like never before.. pain until i cry
sad.gif

now after settling down in office much better.. but cant walk much cos will start to feel the weight pressing down already.. walk too much will have sharp pain in the pelvic area.

any mummies have this feeling?

i wanna buy nursing bra too. but the one on the BP needs abt 2 to 3 weeks to deliver cos pre order.. and i am not sure of the size as well..

any bra shop got cheap and good can reccomend?

Momo's Baby,

Yes i also have this feeling, so I am thinking to ask my gynae if he can give me some MC to rest earlier before i start my ML. Not sure if he is willing to , but i really feel the pain when i walk. I am now going 35 weeks. what abt u ?

Momo's baby: i have the pain at pelvic too... :/

Kayla: i really pray that gynae can give some MC too... -_-

Anyway Moomookow's can hold how much urine do you all know? my husband wana use that when bringing baby out but i feel gross having to bring home the soggy liners inside after i change her.. AHHA! i would rather use disposable... but its indeed so cute i feel like buying too... :X any advices?

hello! am a july mummy, just popped by to read... momo_baby, i saw some nursing bras in giant. maybe you can go and take a look...

Keiko, its not so good to let urine sit in diaper for too long I thought. esp if using cloth diaper. Its better to change quickly when baby urine, so that to prevent rash or infection all these.

yingzz, ya mabbe will go NTUC to see if got sell..

Momobaby, keiko and Kayla: I also wanna take mc too!!! Backache!! And I still have to do household chores. Will gynae give mc for such reasons??

i learned in class that the pelvic pain is quite common as we have the hormone to relax all the joints etc..in fact i have knee cap joint pain instead lol..from sitting on floor or chairs and getting up thus pressing on them..hip pain at the back too..

keiko: if change cloth diaper outside, i think need wet bags? change baby immediately and put the soiled diapers into wetbags.

hey mummies who use medela/avent bottles, do u know if medela teats can fit all medela bottles? same for avent- their sealing discs can fit all avent bottles? i got a problem now where all my medela bottles have no teats, all my avent bottles have no sealing discs so i got to pour EBM here and there for storage/ feeding. am thinking whether to buy avent sealing discs and medela teats to solve the problem..but am not sure if all can fit the current bottles i have..cos buying the parts online seems cheaper..

i just got the latest freestyle bundle and steriliser bundle that comes with the bottles. all those are wide neck right?

momobaby, I'm having back pain at the middle left side of my back, leaning back or sitting straight also doesn't help. Plus sitting down in office makes my backside pain. and one section of my middle finger is numb due to water retention. haizzz...

Just to share:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/parenting/pregnancy/delivery/c-section-not-best-option-for-breech-birth/article1186104/

The thing about labour pains is that it really is hard to explain what it feel like especially since every women has their own tolerance level. For me, with my previous pregnancies, it usually feels like stomach pains (diarrhea) when I have contractions and by the time I get to the hospital, I am usually abt 4-5cm dilated already. I hardly have any severe backpains etc.

momo_baby: If you are have stomach tightening along wt the severe backpain, then you could be experiencing Braxton Hicks. Otherwise, there is nothing much you can do as the backpain is caused by the added weight on your stomach and the loosening of everything. All your muscles and ligaments in your body loosen while pregnant and then when you get bigger your center of gravity shifts your whole body and posture.

>> momobaby
Dr tee says the gbs swap test is done only at 36 weeks.. Hmm for ur backache maybe can try n ask for mc a few days here n there? Better than nothing?

>> keiko
U only need to bring marriage cert if u registering bb at the hosp.. Alt is to do it at ica.. Just found out tt if reg at kk need to pay 39.40.. Reg at ica only 18.. Just more leychay.. Not sure abt the rest of the clinics though..

>> cord blood
Btw any mummies here intend to donate cord blood?

hi yingzz, yeah i will be donating cord blood. Help baby do a good deed since he is blessed to be delivered safely. =)

U can email them and they will call u to arrange a meet-up. My hubby has G6PD so they asked me to call them back after the baby is borned to confirm he doesnt have G6PD. but of cos, they will check too ..

Since we are about 1mth to EDD, as advised for faster and easier labour, people recommend walking abt 30-60min everyday. However, i'm down with hip, back and ligament pain. Anyone trying to walk despite all these discomfort? Will the pain become worse or gets better since we start to exercise?

Congrats all mummies!

I have several items that I need to clear. Please PM me if interested.

(i) Brand New, Avent fridge to go Thermal bag, Retail price: $29. Selling price: $23.20
(ii) Brand New, A box of 3 Avent 260ml bottles, Retail price: $37.90. Selling price: $30.30
(iii) Brand New, A set of Avent nipple protector, Retail price: $16.90. Selling price: $13.50
(iv) Brand New, Avent 18m+ straw bottle (blue colour), Retail price: $19.90. Selling price: $15.90
(vi) Brand New, Pigeon breastmilk storage milk bag. Package comes in 25 pieces, used 1 only. Retail price for 25 pieces is $15.90. Selling the remainder 24 pieces for $12
(vii) Brand New, Medela micro-steam bags. Package comes in 5 pieces, used 1 only. Left 4. Great for travelling or use in office for sterilising milk bottles and pump parts using a microwave. Each bag can be used for 20 times. Not sure retail price. Selling the 4 pieces for $10. One piece for $3. This is definitely much cheaper then retail price.

Also have an Avent Single Electric breast pump lightly used (in fact less than 5 times) for sale at $160. Comes with a set of brand new accessories. Pump can be battery operated and used as a manual pump as well.

Self collection at Boon Lay Mrt or Tanjong Pagar Mrt during weekdays. Thanks!

Aiya... Forgot to post...
Yesterday I was at Tampines Watsons and saw a good deal... Friso 1 & 2 is $59.90 for 2 tins... Friso 3 is $49.90 for 2 tins... If u purchase 4 tins, u get 1 free GV movie ticket...

Keiko Woo - breastfeeding takes a LOT of determination and preserverance, hubby support is important too. And yeah,dun care abt what the elders/confinement lady said... And must bear the PAIN... u never know how long it can be pulled... hahaha my hubby and I saw it once (luckily only that once)... ouch!!!

Anyway, after feeding, squeeze some milk and tap it on the nipple area and let it air dry a bit, it helps to heal. After 2 to 3 weeks, breastfeeding will become a breeze... till they grow teeth then another ouch story!

yingzz (yingzz) - hehe... the zip needs 2 hands to pull up and down mah.. baby so eager, one hand need to hold him, half hand need to continue to cover ourselves, the other half hand just in time to reach in and unclip the bra... then *phew* baby latch and calm down ... hahaha

Didn't donate cord blood, signed with Cordlife though, and because I deposited my boy's there also, got $200 off
happy.gif

Ayana (ayana) - cloth diaper: pigeon is good, I got quite a lot of hand me down, so save a lot of $$

baobaoneo - my cousin recommended pigeon washing powder last time, it's really good, all the poo poo go away after soaking. But my CL will use the liner too, it is washable, and if got poo, just throw it away

Cord blood - I intend to donate.

Maternity pads - Just how many brands of maternity pads are there?

Anyone hrd of a maternity pad that has a cooling stick inside to help cool the stitches? I read abt it somewhere but can't find now. I think I read that Gleaneagles was 1 of the hospital tt provided it. She said u break the stick tt's inside the pad before using. Any idea wat brand and where to buy?

Ayana: yep... same goes to disposable diapers... but if you're outside, most prob win dispose the disposable diapers after 1 urine, probably a few... thus i was wondering how much can moomookow holds, so ill know how many of that to bring out at times... hahha... of course the good thing about traditional nappies is 1 pee, we confirm change... good for baby's bum bum too...

M_iNt: what reason did your friend give to her gynae?? maybe we can use the same one? AHHAHA!! i don't know.. but i pray our wish will be granted... its not like we will always get pregnant may.. can't they pity us? :/ 2 weeks is not like a lot... only 10 days...
sad.gif

yingzz: oohh!! i think ill just pay and do it in the clinic... too lazy to travel to ICA... i don't think i wana move that much if I'm gonna be having so much menses and the stitching wound... :/

dolly: wow... ok... i think i need to pray more for pain endurance... wana preserver to go natural all the way without pain relief too... knowing that my pain endurance is cmi... i think i need many ways to distract myself and motivate myself.. hahaha!!

oh!! btw do you all know where go get good and comfortable and secured disposable panties? the pre-natal class i went to, the instructor advice us to use that coz she say sure will leak and we wun want to be washing the soiled panties... so just throw....

Min_t, Momobaby, keiko :
I think cant say do housework la.... then maybe doc will ask hubby to do for us ?

I am thinking can tell him like really feel taking train on the Mrt and walking also got sharp pain ? Sounds valid right ?

Keiko : I am thinking to email Dr Tham tell him my situation then keep "hogging" him when i go for my appt ? whahaha

2nd time mummies ! Your #1 popped at how many weeks ? Mine was at 38weeks. I am still thinking if I can hv time for maternity photos ? This 2nd pregnancy tummy no dark naval line. So funny....

Cord Blood :
I second chocolateteddy too. I donated last round. So will be donating to the public bank too for this round.

Keiko: I bgt a brand called "Impression", 5 pcs in a pck, $5.50 per pck, cotton material. Get cotton type as they r more comfortable in the long run. I bgt 2 pcks but the salesgirl who just gv birth in dec said she bgt 6 packs!

Kayla: yes, I read somewhr tt there's a shortage in public cord banks so they r in need of donors. Shld my bb need (TOUCHWOOD LA!), hopefully hv a match at the public bank. It's a risk u take but it's playing against the odds in life. I feel better donating
happy.gif

Back