(2012/05) May 2012

do u all think its better to buy the baby bjourn carrier now or wait till bb is born and bring the bb to try?

i heard some bbs refused to sit in bb bjourn.

momo_baby, hmm the BabyBjorn is not a good baby carrier (unless it's the Comfort Carrier model). It's known to be a "crotch dangler" and doesn't support the baby's hips well. Also not very comfy for parents in the long run. Check this out:

http://crunchymacaroni.blogspot.com/2010/01/crotch-danglers-and-front-facing.html

http://www.becomingmamas.com/why-you-should-avoid-crotch-dangler-baby-carriers/

I'm considering a Boba 3G and we can order from this local shop: http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/ They have a storefront at Square2, where you can try out all their different carriers and wraps. I've personally already purchased a Pupsik Pouch to use with the newborn but itching to get a Boba Wrap! It's addictive hehe. I might get the Boba 3G after the baby here, so my DH can try it out too.

Was originally set on the ERGObaby carrier but heard the original one can be quite warm for our local weather, and the Sport versions that are more breathable didn't really appeal to me. Will have to try them out in person before really deciding.

Hi Lina. You may wait for the 3 upcoming baby fairs. There are 2 this February at Expo and the Taka Baby Fair on March.
happy.gif

is quite weird that when i dont drink much except one small cup for medicine, i wake up 3-4times to pee. But if i drink 1 bowl (birdnest), i wake up 2 times only...

elffie, the bird's nest is being absorbed better into your body that's why... Hehe.

mummy_baby2008, I have to wake up several times too and it's bad enough that I have to pee at least twice an hour while awake! I was a frequent pee-er even before I got pregnant so now the problem is much worse. Makes me grateful I didn't plan any holidays otherwise I would be a really lousy traveler!

mummy_baby2008,

yup. I also have the same problem. Have to wake up to pee at least twice. really feels that my sleep is disrupted. But no choice. Guess with the increase in blood circulated and also with baby growing n pressing against the bladder, we will tend to pee more.

Re: baby cots
I got mine for my #1 when I went for the baby fair at expo. It is made of solid wood and really durable i would say. It can be converted to a junior bed when the child gets older.

Actually i'm thinking of whether to get another cot for #2. but really got no space to put. Headache over sleeping arrangements next time. thinking of having the 2 kids to sleep in the master room with us. But also concern that they will wake each other up, n room cant fit 2 cots.
only solution is to have hubby sleep with #1 in the other room.

Re: Things for #2
so far i havent really gotten anything much for #2. Kind of nothing much to buy except some newborn clothes, diapers. Most of the things still can use.
reluctant to buy clothes yet cos scared will be too small. guess will wait till 30 weeks scan to gauge the size of baby at birth.
My #1 was quite big n couldnt really wear the newborn sizes for long.

Mummy_baby, same also.... I get so frustrated about the peeing coz i am taking the drowsy med now for cough and flu so the moment i m drifting off to sleep, i have urge to pee... Once peed, take time for me to doze off again... On and on till end up i think I didnt sleep well. The moment i need to wake up for work, i am in drowsy state....argh!

hi ladies, have a question to ask.

my hubby and sister commented that both my legs looks big. I used to have slimmer legs so this is obvious. Is that common? I'm at my 24 weeks now. Or is that the so-called water retention? However,I do not feel any pain or whatsoever.

Thanks!

HI int, most probally is water retention. Use pillow to stack ur leg up while u sleeping. Tis is really useful. Exercise ur leg more frequent while u sitting down or work in office

Its so sian when we are preggy and all the irritating and frustrating things happen at work. Trying not to let it affect me cos it affects our baby. But its so hard to control.

Mummies here how do u manage irritants at work?

Sob sob.

Peaberry, I have bought my carrier from the shop you ave mentioned. Actually they allow you to try the carriers they ave over there. I brought no 1 there when she was a few months and tried on a few carriers before I bought my. You can also consider manduca. It has good support. I was able to use it when my girl was 2 years. Brought it along when we were in BKK And it was a life saver. Will encourage u to try it out. I like it cos the weight is supported at the hips.

Hospital
Have u girls consider which hospital to go? I jus visited my friend at MT A. The parking was really bad. Renovations ongoing is also very noisy. Wonder if I sold change hospital

tlisa, thanks for the feedback! I've heard good things about Manduca so far. We're still on the fence about which carrier to get so will head down to the shop to try them out first. I'm registered at Mt A - visited the place in late Dec when all the renovations were taking place. We weren't too bothered by the renovations because it was still pretty quiet inside the delivery room and wards.

momo_baby, when I'm having a bad day at work, I try to browse baby forums or check out online baby stores. I don't necessarily have to spend money but it does take my mind off things. I'm having problems with a really nosey receptionist though - she's had three kids and has taken it upon herself to give me a lot of unsolicited advice, as well as unwanted belly rubs. That's the most annoying. I actually feel relieved whenever she's on MC, argh.

m_int, sounds like water retention! My feet also experience painless swelling from time to time. I find that drinking more water, ironically, helps to alleviate water retention...

Esther, peaberry: thanks for ur tips. So it's water retention! My legs look ugly and fat ah! Haha...will try ur methods..

Momo baby: sometimes, ironically, I find my girl most irritating. My hb is out of town most of the time. So I'm left alone to fend for myself with her. Still trying to control my temper....;/ but often I feel sad after scolding her unreasonably...and I always feel a strain in my tummy when I'm agitated with my work matters or my girl...haiz...no peace!!

Hi mummies,

I just went for my checkup yest n saw my bb girl.. so cute
happy.gif
haiz. till now i have not decided on the room type yet.

I'm having problems with my tops n dresses now. My old tops are getting tight on my tummy area and my dresses are getting abit too short due to my growing tummy..

Hi mummies, was wondering if any of u has gone for glucose test etc? To test if we have gestational diabetes? If so, typically conducted on which week? Thks!

haha peaberry, i also asked baby to absorb more!

haiz these days i keep coughing, plus peeing at night, basically tired everyday. And weird thing is, before i sleep, back not pain, but thru out the night, it will just get more pain. =(

really alot of things to irritate.
Lucky for me, work enviornment is not irritating cos i got good colleagues, but the clients i handle, some are really dumb. I find it hard that these are the folks that make up of our economy. hahaha.I take it as an entertainment for me lor.

For expanded feet and legs and thighs... i jumped 2 size up on shoes, and now even size 7 shoes feel tight.. if i stack pillow, i will add weight on upper back, so cant do that. I bought the compression socks, it just make my calves less succumb to muscle pull, but wont stop the water retention. =(
Why do u ask on the blood pressure? Nurse say my BP keep dropping and gynae say i not enough iron. Is that the reason for water retention too?

AK, my gynae will ask me to test urine everytime i go, and take my blood on and off. It started since week 20.

elffie, I think ester asked about blood pressure because excessive swelling and high blood pressure are usually symptoms of pre-eclampsia. Glad that everything sounds normal though! Should just be water retention.

ak, I'm getting my glucose test done at 28 weeks.
happy.gif

Thks all for the replies ;) oki, I have the urine test done on every visit. But so far haven't gone for the blood test for the glucose, think my gynae will arrange me to go after next visit.

My baby absorbs alot, my last visit ard week 23, she's alr 721g. Should be ok right? Just worried that she might get too big. Ha~

Y do u mummies need to take the glucose test? i thought that we take the urine test on every visit?

by the way,care to share wat is the weight of ur bb now? i'm 28weeks and my baby weighs 1120g

mummy_baby2008, the glucose test is to test for gestational diabetes... The urine test we take each visit is to test for proteins, urinary tract infection, and sugar levels.

thanks peaberry, So do we have to request for the glucose test? or if sugar levels are of acceptable range during urine test den we can skip the glucose test??

Anyone at TMC this morning ? Need to be here for next 2 hrs to check on my glucose test results .

How is everyone so far? We are less than 3 months to our due date.... Suddenly I think much time left to prepare....

Mummy baby2008,
My baby weighs 1216g at week 28. I also take the usual urine test every visit but the glucose test shd be due to a few factors according to doctor .
- mummy who are above 70kg
- above 35 years old
- if have given birth to a baby who is above 3.5kg
- have family medical history of diabetes

Still hv somemore but I can't remember le.

Kayla,

thanks for your advice.

wow,that's nice.. ur baby weighs 1216g?? how much weight have u put on so far?? mine is only 1120g and i have put on about 9-10kg..

my bb weight 900g when 21-22 wks.
1st bb wight more than 3.5kg though i'm less than 70kg, below 35 yrs.
wonder if i need to take any glucose test & blood test anot..

can't recall if i took any of these during #1. But i rem there's 1 test to take during 3rd tri.. haha, but forget what test.
Anyone having green discharge? I'm having some, wonder if it's indicating some infection?

baby tots,

guess u better tell ur gynae about green discharge, cos for wat i know green discharge might be some kinds of infection down there..

i just did my test for infection last month and doc says i'm having fungal infection. I was told not to take too much sugar as it will trigger the fungus to come back..

haiz... poor woman always gotta suffer all these infections & so on...

baby tots,

guess u better tell ur gynae about green discharge, cos for wat i know green discharge might be some kinds of infection down there..

i just did my test for infection last month and doc says i'm having fungal infection. I was told not to take too much sugar as it will trigger the fungus to come back..

haiz... poor woman always gotta suffer all these infections & so on...

Hi all,

Baby Tots
Green discharge is usually infection. Please see your gynae to get checked as infection if untreated can lead to abdominal pains and other complications.

Re: Gestational Diabetes test
Gynae will usually call for this test if your family has any history of diabetes or if you have history of gestational diabetes or if there is sugar in your urine regularly. Commonly taken about 28 weeks (+/-). However, can be taken early too. I took at 20 weeks this time as I had high lvl of sugar in my urine that week and the results finger prick test was not very promising. However, passed the GD test.

wow.. seeems like all the babies here are quite big. haha. oki, then im not worried since it seemed to be the norm..

so if my package include this glucose blood test,so i presume my gynae will arrange for me to go for it right?

hihi,

me 2nd time mummy, expecting a gal with EDD on 1 May. my #1 already 7 yrs old, totally forgot how to take care of bb. :p

i'm starting to experience backache and leg cramp too. sigh. at 27wks checkup, bb is ard 1 kg. so far i have only put on 3 kg if based on pre-preggy weight. lost 3 kg during 1st trimester. bet no one is having the excessive saliva thing that i'm experience since 1st trimester. even my gynae also pity me that it may really last til i delivered.

i'm also hoping my gal can be > 3kg at birth. my #1 was 3.78kg via c-section at 40wks.

Hi Mummy,

How are you?

I'm Yvonne here. Anyone interested hiring a confinement lady can contact me at this no: 9009 4481 or 84814368.

My mum and aunty are working as confinement lady. They are very experience, friendly and not calculative person.

Please don't be hesitate to contact me for any enquiries.

Thank you.

Mummy baby2008,

So far put on abt 4kg this round. My baby already in week 28 as EDD is 3 May. Somemore my glucose test result not good and doctor ask me to go on diet control for next 2 weeks and prick finger everyday to record readings .

My 1st pregnancy put on abt 12kg... Lost the weight fast but put on once I stop BF. Is this your #1?

Any mummies experience leg cramps in the middle of the night ?

I get it so often now.... Then coughing till now since b4 CNY . So also having urine leakage everytime I cough badly .

Hi Mummies,

I'm 25w and put on 5kg. Ribs are extermely sore n pain especially during meals. When do we officially cross over to 3rd tri --is it at 28w?

Anyone hv recommendation for maternity photography?

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- Tiny Love Musical Mobile $65
- 3 tins of Similac Mum (exp Oct'13), $12 each (*$30 if taking all 3 tins)
- 2 tins of NAN 2 (exp Oct'12) $10 each
- 1 tin of Gain IQ (exp May'12) $10
- 2 tins of Mamil Gold 2 (exp Oct'13), $15 each (free tin of 400g)
- Lamaze Gardenbug Foot Finder & Wrist Rattle Set @ $10
- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350

Kindly PM me if keen/ for pics, thanks!
happy.gif

Baby was 428g during 20week, 780g during 24 week. Now dunno yet. haha. But i already put on 10kg! =(

For cramps (mine was not at feet but at calf), i bought the compression socks from Scholl for $46 from Unity. It stops it from cramp and even the feeling of having cramp. But still got water retention =(

How did u ladies do it? I put on abt 10kg. ;( am
Only at 24 weeks!

I put on 20kg for my #1....;( but lost all weight within 6 months

Back