(2012/05) May 2012

Ayana:
Yes there are people who are so good at hand expressing that they do not need pumps. However, most people are not that good. Learning how to hand express is very useful coz if you use hand, you can get the last bit of milk out after pumping. But if you are going to use hand 2-3 times a day when you are at work (think 2-3 times of 10-15 mins per breast = 20-30 mins), can you take it.

Even if you are stay at home mum, a pump is still quite required as your child may drop the night feeds, etc but if you follow suit too fast, your supply may drop. There are also times when your child drinks less, leaving the milk in your breast may result in decreased supply and blocked ducts. And for those with over-supply, leaving the milk in your breast may result in blocked ducts.

On a positive note, i'm expecting a boy this time. Bb is 200g at 17 weeks and i've gained 7 kg ! oops !!

thanks ladies, for ur thoughts on the breast pumps. i asked my fren who jus gave birth and she only used her freestyle once since she has given birth in oct.. cos she usually latch on. so far, the cheapest one i saw is on agapebabies.com $495 for the freestyle US set. maybe i will just hang on and check ard more.. heard that hand expressing is easy if there's lots of milk...

joeey: do take care and dun strain urself.. buy a stool to avoid squatting.. and let ur girl climb up the stool to get on the toilet bowl?

Hi mommies, do u know how much ur gynae is charging for delivery?

I just got an estimate that she charges natural at $1700-1900.. and c-sec at $2700-$2900..

wa.. if everything adds up, cash is around 3K at least wor.

Yip: my Gyane charge for normal delivery without Amy assist is $3.5k.. Aft medisave deduction ard 1.2k cash.. Definitely less then $3.5k.. C-sec will be less den $5k. Aft cpf deduction pay ard 2.6k cash..

If got help like vacuum epi etc... Cost will be diff lo.. So depends on tat day ur situation.. I mean for my Gyane la.. Haa

But the price above nv include the bb nursery stay.. Which is ard $500-$600...

Hi mummies,

Been a silent reader all these while, can I join in?
My edd is 1st may, and am expecting my 1st bb (boy).
happy.gif

Vanilla, 3.5k includes the hospitalization package + doc's fee right.. do you know what is the breakdown like? How much is your doc's fee?

Been having tummy pain when I sleep. Anyone encunter this? Drank a hot milo also didn't help. It's been 3 days consecutively. Sometimes it feel like cramps/ stitches at the side of stomach and somewhere centre bottom.

Not sure if this is BH but I read that BH doesn't last so long. My pain carries on entire night and keeps me toss n turn in discomfort.

rabbitz:

You may want to get checked for urinary tract infection or other infections below. These may cause such cramps.

rabbitz,
did you have constipation ? otherwise, better to refer to gynae and have an ultrascan to be safe.

my sis got a ladder potty for me from Aus, only A$20, will be sending to me via her cousin. Not sure why Australia bb stuff is much cheaper than Singapore when the things are made in China ...

Ayana, u oso wif dr Ang rite?

I nv ask for te break down but that's e total bill size for normal delivery without any assist..

He say less den $3.5k la.. But $3.5k nv include the baby nursery which is ard $500-$600.. I'm not sure if $3.5k includes the package we signed up liaoZz.. If so need to ask again..
happy.gif

Rabbitz, actually what u have sounds like round ligament stretching.
happy.gif
if the pain follows the bikini line, then that's round ligaments. That is if u have no prob pee-ing and poo-ing..
happy.gif

Yip, if u are taking epi or GA, then dun forget that u have to pay for the anaethetist's fee too.. shd work out to abt $250-500 depending on the doc. this is on top of gynae's delivery fee, hospitalisation fee and also baby's nursery fee.

Zara, if u are intending to go back to work and bf at the same time, then having a pump is godsent. I think for mommies that latch all the time, most of them (if not all) are SAHMs. also having a pump motivates u to bf cos there is another avenue other than just latching. i strongly advise u to have a pump ($450 for a US set is really cheap - compare this to $80 per tin of formula which last a wk) like what Fifi said. if u go into bf-ing thinking that if u have milk then BF, don't have then use formula, i really doubt u will succeed (unless u have super gd supply) because bf-ing is really tiring. it is so much easier to feed FM than BF!! i felt like giving up all the time for the first 3 mths!! Anyway this is just my opinion. in the end its ur personal choice but if u wanna bf, a lot if 2nd/3rd time mommies here will sure to help!

I m starting to feel breathless liao.. my goodness. really out of shape! was rushing abt today and can't seem to catch my breath. on top of that i m having a pretty bad bout of rhinitis which is causing me block nose.. sigh.. won't be logging in much this wk cos i will be work 12-14hrs per day!!

thanks all!

Based on all the research, i think the cost breakdown shld be:
$2700 - single bedder in Mt A
$1900 - gynae
$600 = nursery, baby doctor etc
$500 - anathestic fee for epi
$? - epi

deduction shld be only ard $2.5-$3K?

rabbitz - i have it and if is whole night is only when i keep slping on that position. sometimes i put a small pillow, like real small for baby kind, to support my ttummy when i lie on my side. so it wont feel like my tummy is falling .

linda - welcome!

Yip, u can check the hospital fees. they will say natural with/ without epi prices, natural with assistance, c-sec. medicines such as epi will be covered under each category. so for a single bedder in Mt A, natural delivery with epi, the cost for board is $2380, including epidural meds cost but does not incld anaethetist fees.
http://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/Maternity-Packages.asp

For natural birth, the max Medisave withdrawal is $2.1K.

My 'cramp' pain is not exactly along bikini line but my fren also suggest it is due to tummy expansion, making way for BB. It is v disturbing and i also put a small pillow between my legs as bolster and support tummy, but it didnt help as sleeping on my sides gives me the 'cramp' too. Sleeping upright makes my back painful. So entire night i am busy tossing n turning. Morning wake up like never slept.

My rib cage pain is starting again and makes me unable to eat well. End up having gastric pain cos didnt eat enough. I have poor appetite and drop weight during this 4 days not eating n sleeping well. Tried to force myself to eat but swallowing food seems difficult and no food can give me appetite. I hope my multi-vits and milk can supplement BB's nutrients.

morning...

thanks for all ur feedback on the BF.. i went for a talk last sat and i'm quite set on trying to BF. my fren did ask me to hold on for awhile, since i can try the pumps at the hospital.. thinking abt the avent duo or medela freestyle pump.. i'm at least looking after bb for 6mths before gg back to work.. =)

re gynae fees: if i'm not wrong, my gynae charges $2k for normal delivery.. for gleneagles, 2 nites in a single room is $2.7k with epidural.. plus tis and that, will roughly be abt $5-6k.. i already pre-register myself for a room at the cheaper rate cos the nurse informed me of the price increase..

http://womenandchildren.sg/pregnancy-childbirth/maternity-packages/gleneagles-hospital

rabbitz: i do have some cramp/stitch like pains, but it didnt last too long.. from time to time or i get up to quickly from sitting/ lying down. But i do have problem sleeping.. sometimes jus cant get the correct position and i always wake up to pee.. & i have constipation problem.. i gained weight thou, and my gynae is gg to scream at me nxt wk when i c him!! OMG!!

Vanilla, mine not Dr Ang, I decided not to use him after I saw him heh...I'm just curious cos initially the piece of paper that he gave us, seems so cheap, but I don't think its covers all the cost we need to pay lor..

Rabbit & Zara, I also felt some pains these 2 days while lying down.. but it only lasted a short while.. so I did not give much thought to it...

dear all,

FYI...
Previously (Jan 2010) i paid $3K+ cash for both myself & baby for c-sect delivery with spinal & single-bed ward...

My entire tummy area seem to be painful all the time. At night i get cramp-like pain at the sides near bikini line. During the day i hv rib cage pain at both sides right under my rib cages above the waist and also piercing sensation at top part of rib cage just beside the side of right breast.

I googled articles on rib-cage pain and they say its quite common in preg but apparently during final month pregnancy 35w onwards. Now i'm only at 21w already start to kena all the pain... so its another 4months to endure
sad.gif

I'm getting extremely frustrated over all these pain, sleepless nights and enduring the rib-cage pains while sitting at office entire day.

Btw does anyone have good websites to recommend for BB clothes and BB stuff? Hope some online shopping will help ease my pain..

rabbitz,
I really think that you may want to consult your gynae. Cramps is normal but its not so painful. It should also not be any piercing pain. The cramping due to expansion of womb is dull ache at most.

Ayana, the paper we saw e Amt is what we need to pay in cash aft medisave deduction.. Haa.. At first I oso thk so cheap.. But not e case.. Haa..
happy.gif

Anyway, mummies, these few weeks I can't sleep well.. If I sleep on my sides.. My shoulder will wake up feeling so aching lo.. Den sometimes in e middle of e night I felt my hand became numb.. Eg if I sleep on my left My right hand will be numb.. Etc..

And u realized I can't walk very long for now.. Lol.. E past weekend I went on a road trip to kl.. Wah Lao.. Din buy anything except a small bag.. My feet so aching lo.. Till I can't tahan den I go for a 1hr foot massage n 1hr body massage.. But I jus told e person to do relax de.. Like really jus massage to relax not make me feel pain.. Haa.. Shiok!! For body massage I jus lie face up.. Haa.. E person massage me sure very shiok cuz no need to use strength.. Haa.. Easy money.. Lol

rabbitz, i agree wif fifi.. best is to consult ur gynae.. dun let the problem wait...

websites for shopping: can jus google.. i like carters, but the shipping is a turn off.. gmarket has lots of stuffs.. babytown, baby hyperstore, agapebabies.com, diapers.com.sg, can take a look ard.. plentiful of such sites ard..

vanilla: wear fitflops! i tried to go shopping in my flats and end up aching after 1.5hrs or 2hrs max.. with fitflops, i can last at least 6hrs.. and take small in between for snacks n drinks and rest ur feet..

re sleep: u can try to sleep on ur back and raise your upper back and head with more pillows.. sometimes i slp on my sides until i ache so much, i will grab another pillow and prop my head and upper back higher and sleep for awhile before i go back on my sides.. it relieves my "side aches".. but my 2hrly pee still wakes me up... =(

Hi mummies, I did my amnio test 2 weeks ago. Got the express results which turned out to be ok. But the nurse just called to say they received the detailed results and my gynae wants to see me tmr cos of the results. Anyone with similiar experience?
sad.gif

Hi Ladies,
I'm not going to use a CL but will just have confinement catering and DIY, based on my #1's experience, i think just help from hubby,parents,should b ok.
I rembr long time ago we had a discussion abt confinement catering,someone posted Natal essentials as tried and tested to be good?Zara?or piggy?

I'm deciding between
1)Natal essentials-food comes in plastic microwave container,
2)chilipadi-food comes in tingkat.
3)any other recommendations?
opinions please!to me the pricing nearly the same, want to know feedback on quality of food.

Vanilla

Did Dr Ang mention to you the charges? I also need to gauge how much cash I have to prepare during labour too. Do share! Thanks!

Btw, he mention he will
Be away from 4th June for holiday.

vanilla : where did u do ur massage? i'm thinking of going for a massage but not sure if it's safe..

i woke up with a shock, there's a red colour "scratch mark" on my tummy. guess i must have scratched it while sleeping.. i'm beginning to feel itchy on my tummy area and my thighs area... How???

esther: i dun think it's me.. this is my first pregnancy.. prob piggy.. =) but nonetheless, i have read online somewhere that someone commented that chillipadi's confinement food is so so only, and boring.. u may want to consider others.. saw this in a brochure, the food sounds good, but dunno nice or not.. http://www.confinementfood.com

i have a nagging shoulder ache ever since i came back to work.. a result of sitting in front of the computer for toooo long.. urgh.. can go for prenatal massage.. but i have to try any.. for now, my massages are provided for by my hubby.. haha...

Star: I asked him.. The paper he gave the Amt u see will be payable in cash cuz it will be aft cpf medisave deduction..

If natural without epi or any assist.. It will be ard $3.5k I was told lesser then tat.. $3.5k is before medisave. Aft medisave cash portion will be ard $1.3k.. Which includes the doc delivery fees.. Hospitalization.. But on top of tat we still need to pay for bb nursery fee ard $500-$600, tis is not included in the $3.5k de..
happy.gif

Mummy_baby: I went to KL.. I told e person to jus slowly and massage relaxing de.. Not to hurt me and made me feel pain.. Jus make me feel relax and comfy.. Cuz in pregnant.. Anyway if u wan to go massage can go for those Pre natal de massage ma.. Some even come to ur place de lo.. Haa.. Tat one safe.. Haa

As for itchy!! Ya.. I started to feel itchy during w day time.. So I told hubby now day time I oso need to apply stretch mark cream cuZ ithcyzz .. Daytime tummy oso stretching la.. Haa..

Zara: how did you pre-register? I'm also delivering at Gleneagles.. Going down on Friday for detailed scan so thought I can settle those stuff as well.. The fees in the website does not include doc delivery fees right?

Rabbitz: shld definitely check w ur gynae! When I'm cramping slightly.. I'll usually prop my body or feet up n just try and relax.. Usually will drift off to sleep..

June: maybe u need to ask the nurse at ur gynae, mine asked me what kind of room i want.. then one thing led to the next.. =) after that, she shd write a form for u to go to the main lobby, take a number and pre-register yourself..

the fees on the website is only the charges for the delivery itself, doctor's fees not included, i think nursery charges not included also..

I guess ur gynae will let u know when u go for detailed scan.. But the prices already increased le.. i did mine early cos i had my detailed scan on 22 dec, and i happen to go for hospital tour, so they told me prices increasing by the following week so i quickly pre-register to secure the old pricing since no matter what, my gynae only delivers in Gleneagles. might as well save the $200+. =) hope u have a happy time with the scan this friday!! =)

Hi All Mummies

Sorry to interupt. I got 1 BN similac mum 900g expiry date 2013 but forgot which mth. Giving away for a token of 6 BN big pkts of pigeon wet wipes. I also got some sample pkts to give together. Anyone keen, pls email me at [email protected]
Tks

Hi mummy_baby2008,

I am gg to try for a prenatal massage next week, due to my back pain. will keep u posted if it helps.
happy.gif

i read that massages are ok, but can only do after week 18. My husband & I discussed le, as long as asked the lady dont touch my stomach, guess should be ok hahaha

Linda, where you going for your prenatal massage? My back is aching but my ML is only available during wkday morns which I will be working so abit tough. If its good, recommend K?

Hi mummies,

I have the following to let go:
1) Brand New in box - 125ml/4oz Avent Feeding Bottles (3pcs in a box)
2) 4 boxes of Size 2 Avent teats and 3 boxes of Size 1 Avent teats. (Note: each box has 2 teats)

Please PM me.

Called my gynea to ask abt the cramps i experience. Was told its normal and as long as no bleeding, no issue. Can take panadol if unbearable. Last night had the cramp on my right side and dream that i had contractions, going to labour!

I asked my gynae on massage recently. She told me back massage is safe as long as you are lying side ways or sitting upwards. Cos as long as when u r being massaged, no pressure is being pit on the stomach than its ok. As for foot, Just need to avoid foot reflexology since there are 3 pressure points on your foot which affect pregnancy. If ur reflexologist know the points and can avoid them, than no issue. And if it's massage on a massage chair, no issue also since those are mostly kneading and no force directly on pressure point.

After hearing that, I immediately went on my massage chair the moment I hit home!

Linda (krazehaven),

where u going for your prenatal massage?? my shoulders aching like hell now & when i'm sitting down in the office i feel so uncomfortable with my tummy blocking & i feel so suffocated :X faint

Hi,
Anyone can advise how to go about choosing Chinese name for our BB? I will be consulting a feng shui master subsequently to match BB 8-characters but right now, not sure where to start. Any websites to recommend which can give me a head start like what are the characters or elements for May baby?

Back