(2012/05) May 2012

Esther,

My girl was attending the bilingual class, Sat 4pm but pulled out at the end of last term. Well, my colleague with her kid in the same class did ask the teacher whether the activities will be repeated at the end of the alphabet cycle, the answer is yes. So the most you may wanna stay is through the entire alphabet cycle and that's it. Frankly speaking, I find the activities not really engaging, 1.5 hours lesson, first 15 mins free play, in between 10 mins snack break, so the real learning period is only about an hour. Not worth the $50 in my opinion. My colleagues' kids 5 and 7 years are at Lorna Whiston, I think she is okay with their programme, not sure for the younger kids though. If you prefer real learning, Little Genius' Shichida method is not bad, my colleague's son learnt lots of vocab there but it's very much on grilling, less play.
happy.gif

KRC,

I very much agree with you, dun wanna stress my kids so much. I realize that there are some parents who dun mind being stretched financially and send their kids to branded kindergartens like Pat's Schoolhouse, but sometimes I wondered how much better they really are. I'm a pri sch teacher and I usually teach the top classes, some of my students attended PAP, and dun have any tuition and enrichment yet doing very well in sch. Vice versa, there are kids in the lower ability classes whose parents send them for lots of tuition and enrichment but yet they aren't doing well in sch. So I prefer to just let my kids develop their own interests and dun wanna stress them with more academic programme, think by pri sch they will be so jaded. I've this boy in my top P4 class, he is always in a daze in class cos his mummy forces him to go for enruchment and tuition everyday after school. So I believe in letting the kids enjoy their childhood.
happy.gif

Hello ladies,

Just had my Gynae visit today. 14 weeks 1 day . Then I forgot the baby size after Gynae told me and realized its not on the scan photo . So blur. Maybe I was too excited to see beanie alright as I was worried for past 2 weeks as I don't feel pregnant at all.

My EDD shifted from 12 may to 4 may 2011. So probably will deliver end Apr instead . Same as #1, they will be almost exactly 3 yrs apart .

Today signed up pkg and amino appt also fixed on 24 nov. by then can know gender already !

I'm also excited about the gathering ! So cool as so many mummies !

Hi mommies.. too busy to log in.. zzzzz.. so tired.. last night i KO-ed at 8+ aft putting my son to bed..

Vanilla, congrats for clearing ur Oscar! who else cleared their scans ah? congrats ya?

Re: gathering
Would it be awkward to meet at a condo without kids and hbs? hahah at least if we meet outside we have the food to bitch abt! :p anyway do let me know when we are meeting.
happy.gif

Crystalline, KRC, Esther: i m having the same probs as u all.. i dun really like sending my boy for extra lessons but i have frens whose kids are his age and can already read P1 books!! i feel like i m not doing enough for my son, yet i dun like the rigid teaching methods. sigh.. i believe in free play yet sooner or later i need to teach my kid his ABC.. my frens' kids are going for abacus, piano, ballet and Chinese classes!!

I also agree to mummies meeting up first, next time tgen include hubbies and kids...
happy.gif

Maybe can fix a few dates, and vote, see which date majority can make it? Weekends would be good coz not so rushed hehe...

Rosegal: I bought maternity ones.. The first maternity thing I bought for myself.. Got it from maternity house at vivocity.. Mothercare also have, but v exp.. I bought a two piece suit that covers the tummy.. Else, u can also wear bikini...
happy.gif

As for the gathering, I will try n join in... Cos I will be traveling again end nov... Hehehe... Keep us all updated!

Anyway, good nite ladies...

Piggy, thanks!!

Zara, when is ur end nov? And when will u be coming back?Ok.. I set a date...

26th nov? Dec 10th? I guess by then almost all
Mummies will be done wif Oscar scan Liao.. Haa

We fix e date first then e time then e venue ok.: I need to noe how many pple den I can find a venue.. Haa.. Ok?

VOTE!!

26th nov - vanilla

10th dec -

Vanilla

Haha think so too!
I Will just grab any timing that the nurse assign. Scare if I said I want to change, the auntie will scold me. Haha

Vanilla:
Think I would prefer weekdays though. Not sure abt the other mummies but weekends kind of difficult cos it's family time with hubby n kids. Unless ask them along.
So most prObably I won't be able to make it if it's on a weekend without hubby n kids.

Hi vanilla,

Would also prefer weekdays as weekends got no domestic help. Need to cook , bath and nap the kid and have to let hubby handle her alone. Then I think will end up I might have to hurry home.

Maybe we could have it on a Friday lunch or tea time ? Maybe take half day leave ?

Morning mommies!!!!

Hi vanilla... I have yet to book the trip, but hubby has taken leave 26 nov onwards...
I will prefer 10 dec.. But pls, if more pple can make it on 26 nov, it's ok... Let's see the votes..
happy.gif
timing wise I'm ok, not working for the time being... :p

Morning mummies!

I prefer 26th Nov as my hubby is outstation then so i have the car, but 10th Dec is fine too, will just get back from my cruise :p
I'm not working now (sch hols no more tuition plus i dun intend to take any more for next yr) so my schedule is actually very free..

Hi mummies,

Anyone experiencing backache? I got this super bad backache when I woke up this morning. Feel like cracking my whole back. I have been sleeping on my sides, dunno why today's backache super bad but I can't go for body massage with bb inside. How to solve this backache problem? Any advice?

Would prefer 10 Dec, as my bro's wedding is on 26 Nov..
happy.gif

Zara, i'm thinking of going for a short trip end Nov too! But still hvnt decide where to go....

Re: Gathering,

Ok.. We have a problem now... Cuz not all mummies can meet on weekends.. So maybe i can suggest we have 1 meeting on weekdays for those who can meet up and another on weekends for those who can.. Or those who prefer weenends but can make it on weekdays can join us on weekdays. Cuz my job nature if i got no appt den most likely i can make it on both days.. ( thk u gals will see me keep appearing in e gathering again and again and AGAIN!! haa..) =D

VOTE!! (For me both also can)

Weekday
25th Nov, Fri
1)

9th Dec, Fri
1)

Weekend
26th Nov, Sat
1)

10th Dec, Sat
1)

Calling for zara~~!!! How long will your trip be?

newbie, sometimes when i sleep w whole night on my back flat when i wake up i'll feel some backache too.. haa.. =D

Weekends will be tough for me too cos my girl attending GUG every sat. Sun got to go to her ah ma house. So I will prefer weekdays given a choice la. :p

I m okay with both 25 nov or 9 dec, lunch, high tea, dinner also fine!
happy.gif

VOTE!!

Weekdays
25 nov, fri
1) qinyi

9 dec, fri
2) qinyi

By the way, i cleared 1/2 the Oscar with my gynea yesterday! Now only waiting for the blood test result. Baby is 6.5cm at 12wks+. And baby is super active when doing the scan. Keep moving and waving about. My gynea said he took a bit more time than usual cos this lil baby just couldn't keep still for 1 sec. So funny.

Crystalline, ya... Dr Ang clinic noon time alot of pple de lo.. appt starts from 10 am.. already got alot of pple liao lo...

But my job got work got money.. No work no money leh.. No maternity leave some more.. =(

Piggy, wah.. ur fren kids learn so many things? Like tat e kid still got childhood ma?? like e childhood is learn things learn things and learn things lo.. =(

Star, my next appt in 2 Dec, 12.15pm.. haa... Hope can meet up sia... =D

qinyi, u noe wat e blood test will be testing for wat? My oscar oso clear leh.. Will we be getting back any scans from e oscar? The scan will be giving back to the gyane?

Kindly copy the latest copy of the voting.. So that the next person can copy and paste.. Copy the whole chunk below ar... Thank you..

VOTE!! (For me till today all also can, i'll vote the last one.)

Weekday
25th Nov, Fri
1) qinyi
2)

9th Dec, Fri
1) qinyi
2)

Weekend
26th Nov, Sat
1) rosegal
2)

10th Dec, Sat
1) zara
2) rosegal
3) Sunflower
4)

I'm scheduled for amino on 24 Nov , so likely to be ask to bed rest on 25 nov.

VOTE !

Weekday
25th Nov, Fri
1) qinyi
2)

9th Dec, Fri
1) qinyi
2) kaylin

Weekend
26th Nov, Sat
1) rosegal
2)

10th Dec, Sat
1) zara
2) rosegal
3) Sunflower
4)

Vanilla,
For my #1, I went straight for amino as I read that some Oscar result not good then still have to go amino. Moreover I'm above 35 which is higher risk . My hubby and me wanted a more accurate result.

Since #1 did that, so we just went ahead with amino for #2.
Though Gynae told us he just had patient that pass the Oscar who is 40.

doramee, oscar scan is a scan to see whether bb is high risk for down syndromes anot.. If i'm not wrong, it should be done from 11weeks - 14weeks.. as after which the fluid in the spinal will not be visible.. Something like tat... Only within this period it can be tested..

Usually recommended for mother who are 35 and above.. But i thk most mummies still goes for oscar scan even they are not 35.. haa.. =D

kayla, oh i see.. Good luck on ur amino wor.. =D

Oh.. thanks for the info. My gynae from nuh. I think they called it NT scan which also testing for down syndrom. Anyone have low placenta problem? Appreciate if u could share ur experience. Thank you.

For mummies who just joined this thread.

Kindly uodate your particulars here. This is an online spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlkhAiLkfq55dG1pVmdKY3VVOFB0UVp5Wkc2NFJWcEE&hl=en_US#gid=0

For this is to PM to me.. So i consolidate the datas and email to all so when we wanna met up it will be easier..

Subject: May 2012 (Your Nick in this thread).. =D Easy for me to verify.. haa...

Name:
Nick:
Email:
Reside:
EDD:
Baby #:

PLs FLOOD my EMAIL!!!! lol... =P

Sunflower:
I intend to go to some resort, or book a villa in Bali... Just wanna relax trip.. Initially tot of taipei.. But maybe too tiring cos a lot of shopping, walking and eating!!! Last month I went hk, v tiring la... So I prefer to nua.... Here...

Vanilla... I will be going for about 5-6 days... I haven book, so I wun know... But I will be booking by this week.. I will update wen I have the dates...
happy.gif
btw, u rec my pm hor????

Re Oscar: I'm seeing doc on 24 nov.. He say he will be doing blood test for me, but never mention Oscar.. And by then, I would have been 16 weeks... Any idea what it is?

zara, my oscar scheduled on 18 Nov..my gynae told me need to do oscar ard 12-13 weeks else it will be a bit late..maybe you can ask your gynae? For blood test, think they are testing for Blood type, Hepatitis B testing,HIV,etc

so much is happening everyday!
happy.gif
Hope everyone is feeling better while we march into our 2nd trimester!

I can't make it for any of the dates but it is ok, I believe we will have more coming up, was just reading on Motherhood magazine and the newspaper today about mummies meeting up and forging really good friendship, I hope mummies here do too..

I have booked my confinement lady too, intro by my neighbour..still dunno who will take care of bb when I go back to work, tot of putting up a notice at my block and asked the neighbours if there is any willing and good babysitter..

Zara, I am going Taipei too for our babymoon for a week! Tot it would be tiring but I think we deserve the break and eat all I want..haa..

Hi all! Meet up is good but i prefer weekday. However my #1 will hav to come along.

Littledotty, i booked my CL 2 wks back. Had wanted her for my #1 but I couldnt get her.

N wow theres a lot of mummies w 29/5 edd. I wonder how pack is the hospital this yr.

Hi Mummies!!

Do drop by Facebook to take a look at our latest baby and children clothings!

Pls LIKE our page, Mummies Corner, in Facebook to see latest updates and sales!!

Cheers and have a smooth pregnancy!! LOVE!!!

pretear: I tot so too, but gynae did mention about checking on the odds, like 1:10000 or something.. And if the odds r high, then he will do detail scan.. I will have to ask him again when I see him on the 24.. So puzzled...

Dotty: Taiwan is great!! But I know I will end up eating n spending like mad... Hahaha... So I think I will give it a miss this round.. Cos I jus went last year also... So maybe Bali or krabi will be better for me..

Now I need to look for CL... Anyone got recommendations to intro? I haven got a chance to ask my friends cos they still dunno I'm preggy! Heee..

So quiet leh... these few days.. haa..

Ytd i played mj from like 3pm to almost 12am lo... my back aching now lo.. haa.. Then i thk i sit too long le.. tummy got abit pain.. haa.. but aright now le..

Anywya, just now i was washing my face and wiping dry den i suddenly saw my hand got big big blue black la.. haa... Cuz of e blood test...

Got a shock.. how some so big.. haa.. Only me easily gets blueblack or everyone oso will have? haa.. I dun rmb i get blueblack so easily de leh.. -_-'''

6265815.jpg

astro pro - just saw the link of the photographer you mentioned! her photos are so cool! The babies r so CUTE!!! I am interested! How many are needed to form a 'group' to bargain price?

Wah Vanilla, that looks like a huge blue black patch... think we should remind ourselves to move constantly when staying in one position...

rosegal, haaa.. huge rite.. i oso shocked la when i saw it.. lol.. Din even notice when it first appear lo.. haa...

Got like 2cm long la.. lol... Was wondering if it was e needle tat poke in tat long.. haa... =D

Wah Vanilla, that's a huge bruise.. u started walking immed aft the blood test? its just blood cells from ur veins leaking into the surrounding area from the puncture wound.
happy.gif

Re: Oscars
The scan itself scan for nuchal transluncency (NT) which is the thickness of the back part of the neck. Oscars is just the scan + the blood test. It is not just recommended for moms over 35. actually all moms regardless of age are encouraged to go for it. over 35, doc will recommend amnio.

I m ok with all the dates. But hor are u sure our MS will be over by then? I m still feeling very nauseated, though much better than before..

Astro, i wanted to post abt the baby PS too.. don't mine sharing but when's the best time to shoot the baby? looks like a few days old for such shots?

Piggy, Haa.. Ya la... So huge.. Lol... Hmm.. Aft I blood test I go for Oscar le lo.. I went to ntuc help my auntie pay her car premium den to tmc lo.. Who noes need to wait like 1 hr den I walk down to sign up e FBI card den go opp eat lunch den scan Liao.. Haa...

Cannot walk straight away meh?

Wah.. Abt MS I really not sure leh.: those who have MS u gals alright am? For e gathering?
happy.gif

Har, talk about MS. I was just talkg about how my symptoms have subsided? Well, they have subsided, but not totally disappeared! I realise that it's true what pple say, that when you eat something harder to digest e.g. proteins/complex carb, then eat something easy to digest eg. fruits, it causes indigestion, cos the stuff that went in first is still in the process of breaking down, whereas the stuff that got in later is already broken down... soemthing like that... so it creates like a gastric prob or something... so anyways, it happened to me twice over the last two weeks.

1) I had lunch and had orange juice about an hour after. I ended up vomitting the orange juice out later on.. but the lunch stayed.
2) I went out for lunch just now with friends, then had a banana dessert. I kinda made myself finish the last banana slice though it felt a little too much (oops), then it felt horrible and I ended up having to vomit out the banana stuff...

So moral of story - try not to 'not waste' and finish everything... just stop when you think you've had enough, and try not to take the easily digestible food after the complex stuff...

At least that's what i'm telling myself now...
happy.gif

At least you gals have some symptoms in one way or another.... for me, so far vomited once and no other symptoms. Tummy also not obvious lor.... wonder if its the fats too thick. I got so worried that was praying hard nothing happen to my little beanie few days before my check-up. Tell my gynae this round dont feel pregnant at all compared to #1.... then he so funny replied.' Is it suppose to feel anything at 12-14 weeks ?".

Another 3 weeks going to do Amnio. That will be my 17weeks. This round seems so fast can know gender as compare to last round. Maybe this round visit gynae at later date.

Anyone plan to go Photoshoot with tummy for remembrance ? I did that for #1.... thinking if I should do again this round ?

Vanilla... I also played mj today!!! But only 3pm to about 7.30pm la... Already a bit backache.. U r good! I can only last 2 rounds... N u have a mighty bruise there! Take some hot towel and cover it.. Help the blood to spread ya..

Btw, hw much for tummy shoot? Kayla, u rem hw much u paid?

Re: Tummy PS
wah... hmm.. if its not expensive i thk i oso wanna take.. Cuz i thk 1st one usually will more garang.. everything oso do till swee swee but 2nd or 3rd de.. i thk boh chay already le lo.. haa.. at least tat wat i thk.. So i wanna be pampered for my 1st pregnancy.. haa.. Which apprantly till now still haven really got tat yet... haiz...

zara, ya la.. Last fri i played from like 10pm to 6.30am la.. haa... almost dozed offf... haa... But it was fun... i won $70.. keke... =D

Kayla, i'm like u too.. haa... no symtopms de... u at least vomitted once.. me nv once.. haa.. Only hungry hungry and hungry.. But hungry now oso subside liao... So i really dun feel preggy at all.. =( But whenever i'm worried i'll put my hand on my tummy and tell beanie to grow everyday... muz eat more.. Dun leave so much for mummy... lol... =P

Mummies,

Apart from my FT job, my sis and i started a online buz.. Selling kids clothes.. But now i'm preggy so now i wanna bring in some maternity clothes too.. But this will be a Pre-Order..

So wondering if u gals are keen too..

You can save the doc and email to me, [email protected]

Since its a pre-order i need to meet some quantity so i can order... =D

I'll consolidate e orders then let you gals noe.. =D

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif

Maternity Wear Sales.docx (24.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Hi everyone... I'm exactly 13 weeks today! one more week to 2nd trimester!

As we are slowly moving towards the 2nd trimester, are you all thinking of consuming any tonics? E.g Birdnest, cordyceps etc?

Hi mummies,

If there is any gathering in Dec, I most likely would be able to join in cos very free then hehe... but going Bali in mid Dec though.
Yeah I agree about the morning sickness part, I wonder by then would it subside? I am still vomiting my breakfast out almost immediately, lunch can stay maybe 1-2 hours, dinner most of the time stays in. My MS is slightly better than during Week 7-10, cos the horrible feeling set in once I opened my eyes, now at least just feeling nauseous whole day long. In my last pregnancy, the MS lasted till Week 16 sighs... so this time round, I dun think I will get any luckier. If my MS by then is much better, then I will join in the gathering k.
happy.gif

Ayana,

Think it's too early to eat tonics. I read that a lot of the Chinese herbs contain harmful substances like Mercury, so I dun dare to drink much Chinese herbal stuffs. But I started eating bird's nest around Week 20++, basically I cooked 1 piece in slow cooker for 1 hour plus, then portion it to eat over then next 3 mornings, the moment I woke up.

Back